Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Who Was Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was Jesus? (7310 Views)

Was Jesus In The Grave For 3days And 3nights Literally? / When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Chop Off Your Hand?! Was Jesus Serious? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
zionmade:

Ok bro goodluck. But by d time u reach page 10 of the thread hope u wont be tired. because if its for those guys u re responding to, they dnt even believe d bible u re quoting.
Anyway goodluck

Everyone is not a coward like you.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
tintingz:
Jesus story get two version my brother. smiley

Kindly share the other that is aside the one as according to the Bible. Actually the more i read about the new testament, the more i find the book unbelievable.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by tintingz(m): 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Kindly share the other that is aside the one as according to the Bible. Actually the more i read about the new testament, the more i find the book unbelievable.

There is no other versions than the new testament Bible and Quran.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:
Jesus was probably a Jewish preacher slash magician whose followers considered him to be the Jewish messiah. After he was executed, his followers started a new religion based on the claim that he had risen from the dead, & then Apostle Paul repackaged the religion for non-Jews.

You got your knowledge of who he was from?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Seun(m): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rilwayne001:
You got your knowledge of who he was from?
Different places: Primarily the bible, wikipedia, works of biblical historians like Bart Erhman, knowledge of how faith healing works, etc.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Blackfire(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:
Jesus was probably a Jewish preacher slash magician whose followers considered him to be the Jewish messiah. After he was executed, his followers started a new religion based on the claim that he had risen from the dead, & then Apostle Paul repackaged the religion for non-Jews.

shaking my head for u...
a magician? repackaging the religion for non Jew?

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Blackfire(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
who is Jesus? well we already know he is the judge your Muhammad will stand before on that final day... I hope u know he is still in hell awaiting judgement...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Jesus? by mustymatic(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
truthmans2012:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)
The trinitarian liars who translate the Bible into English play dirty tricks about capitalizing and lowering the "g" in "God" to prove their trinity lie, while they fully know that it is the same word used for ALL!
Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods" (Elohim; plural to El); you are all sons of the Most High.' " "gods" here in Hebrew is "Elohim", which is plural of "EL". It is the same exact thing as "EL" used for Jesus in Isaiah 9:6, since "gods" is a combination of several "EL"s. And as clearly shown here, for someone to be called "god" or "God" in the Bible it wouldn't make him GOD Almighty Himself, the LORD or Jehovah. I also want to point out that any "Son of GOD" in the Bible is a "god" or "God".

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by zionmade(m): 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Everyone is not a coward like you.
Mr boldness i guess its only wen u re asking stupid questions dat ur boldness show. Why did u run away from d thread asking who was mohammad.
And why dont u answer my questions since ur boldness is pouring on the ground.
U claim u re a Muslim den why cant u stick to ur very peaceful religion and leave others religion alone.
My boldness indeed!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
zionmade:

Mr boldness i guess its only wen u re asking stupid questions dat ur boldness show. Why did u run away from d thread asking who was mohammad.
And why dont u answer my questions since ur boldness is pouring on the ground.
U claim u re a Muslim den why cant u stick to ur very peaceful religion and leave others religion alone.
My boldness indeed!!!
Coward, please shut up!

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by zionmade(m): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Coward, please shut up!
Bold paedophilic cum terrorist pls talkk
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
zionmade:

[s] Bold paedophilic cum terrorist pls talkk [/s]
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Seun(m): 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Blackfire:
a magician?
What do you call turning water into wine, feeding a crowd with 5 loaves of bread, walking on water, causing a tree to die instantly, etc? Magic!

No offense intended, believe me.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

What do you call turning water into wine, feeding a crowd with 5 loaves of bread, walking on water, causing a tree to die instantly, etc? Magic!

Magic by common being. Miracle by a prophet.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Blackfire(m): 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

I hope u know what they called miracle. .. am sure one had happened to u while growing up.

smh again
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Seun(m): 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
FriendChoice:
Magic by common being. Miracle by a prophet.
What stops a common being, a regular magician, from doing those magic tricks and claiming he was able to do them because he is God's son?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Jesus? by sapientia(m): 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

You dont believe God exists but you believe in magic...cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Jesus? by truthmans2012: 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
mustymatic:

The trinitarian liars who translate the Bible into English play dirty tricks about capitalizing and lowering the "g" in "God" to prove their trinity lie, while they fully know that it is the same word used for ALL!
Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods" (Elohim; plural to El); you are all sons of the Most High.' " "gods" here in Hebrew is "Elohim", which is plural of "EL". It is the same exact thing as "EL" used for Jesus in Isaiah 9:6, since "gods" is a combination of several "EL"s. And as clearly shown here, for someone to be called "god" or "God" in the Bible it wouldn't make him GOD Almighty Himself, the LORD or Jehovah. I also want to point out that any "Son of GOD" in the Bible is a "god" or "God".

What a trash is this?

You aren't an authority in Hebrew, not even in Arabic. Whatever you say, the Bible calls Jesus the almighty God.

There is no lie in the Bible. Unlike the Qur'an that is full of lies. Dare me to expose quranic lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

What stops a common being, a regular magician, from doing those magic tricks and claiming he was able to do them because he is God's son?

But magician cannot give life to the dead. Not all miracle Jesus do that a magician can.

Am not talking of God son. Anyone can be a God son (meaning a righteous person).
Re: Who Was Jesus? by truthmans2012: 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

Even the muslims would not agree with you here. The quran confirms Jesus was a miracle worker. I believe this is one of the very few truths in the Quran.

By the way, what is the difference between miracle and magic?

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Empiree: 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Junia:

2. Jesus is not a servant of God

You dey lie or your Bible?

Acts 3:26

God, having raised up his servant, Jesus, sent him to you first, to bless you, in turning away everyone of you from your wickedness."
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

Seun, i dont really know what i believe again.

I really dont believe in all this religions... I have read wide and all of them have serious defects.

Yet... I do believe there is a supernatural beign overseeing everything.
What can u say to me.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
Empiree:
You dey lie or your Bible?

Acts 3:26

God, having raised up his servant, Jesus, sent him to you first, to bless you, in turning away everyone of you from your wickedness."

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Use King James Version

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Drabeey:

I dont really know what i believe again.

I really dont believe in all this religions... I have read wide and all of them have serious defects.

What can u say to me.

That means some Nairaland atheist are about allure you.

Islam is the only way.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Drabeey:

What can u say to me.

Lolol. Of course he would be happy to hear this tongue
I guess you are trying to make him happy.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by JUDASiskariot: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
FriendChoice:

That means some Nairaland atheist are about allure you.

Islam is the only way.

What makes Islam different or better than Christianity when actually it copied and edited all that were in the Bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Lolol. Of course he would be happy to hear this tongue
I guess you are trying to make him happy.

Im serious my brother.

I dont go to church, neither do i visit mosques often. Yet, i believe there is God
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Empiree: 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
Junia:

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Use King James Version
So what happens to other version that says "servant Jesus"?. You can spot contradiction?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by truthmans2012: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
Drabeey:

What can u say to me.

Go to God.

Many people, including muslims who have sincerely prayed to God have seen Jesus.

Jesus said "I'm the Way, the Truth and the Life, nobody can come unto God but by me (John 14:6).
Re: Who Was Jesus? by martinsfm(m): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
I actually didnt want to comment on this thread, but one truth is dont say Jesus is just a man or servant of God..... there may be doubts about his life on earth.... cos all the disciples wrote their own account with Jesus...theres even Gospel of Judas ( google to confirm) but only mattew and John (of the disciples) were in the bible because they all said sth similar but they never doubted his divinity .

Luke was a secretary to one of the disciple (*can't remember which) cos he couldn't write.... mark too had and affiliation...but none ever said Jesus wasnt God...so did Judas... they all gave different accounts nd no substantial proof...thats why they are not in the bibles...
To the muslims... STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Drabeey:

Im serious my brother.

I dont go to church, neither do i visit mosques often. Yet, i believe there is God

But you used to go to church before?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
truthmans2012:

Go to God.

Many people, including muslims who have sincerely prayed to God have seen Jesus

How can you substantiate this your claim of many people seeing jesus?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control / Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.