Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,072 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Who Was Jesus? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was Jesus? (7325 Views)

Was Jesus In The Grave For 3days And 3nights Literally? / When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Chop Off Your Hand?! Was Jesus Serious? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was Jesus? by JUDASiskariot: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
FriendChoice:

* Thank God you said: " I was made to believe "
The word ‘trinity’ does not exist anywhere in the Bible. But it is there in the Qur’an in Chapter No. 4 Verse No. 171. it says

“ Do not say trinity, desist stop it! It is better for you."

Trinity is also there in Surah Maidah Chapter No.5,
Verse No.73, which says:

They are doing ‘ Kufr’ – They are blaspheming – those who say that Allah in 3 in one – Is a triune God.

Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, never said he was God – The concept of trinity does not exist in the Bible. ­­­­­­
* The only verse which is closest to the concept of
‘trinity’ , is the 1st Epistle of John, Chapter No.5,
Verse No.7, which says…

[

When the Bible says: [i] In the beginning was the WORD, the WORD was with GOD and the was GOD
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
JUDASiskariot:

Is it hard for you to do that here?
Yes. its more easier typing on WhatsApp than here. The reply will be easier.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
JUDASiskariot:

When the Bible says: [i] In the beginning was the WORD, the WORD was with GOD and the was GOD

The word was God. Please in the above verse, anywhere you see word change it with God since the word was God.

And see what will be the meaning.

God is with God

How many gods?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by annunaki2(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
JUDASiskariot:

Is it hard for you to do that here?

He knows his al tauiya tactics will be exposed if he tries it here.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by JUDASiskariot: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
FriendChoice:

Yes. its more easier typing on WhatsApp than here. The reply will be easier.

That's a lie, simply say you really don't have anything to say, because if you do, there won't be any need for finding all these flimsy excuse.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by JUDASiskariot: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
FriendChoice:

The word was God. Please in the above verse, anywhere you see word change it with God since the word was God.

And see what will be the meaning.

[b] God is with God

Exactly. This should relay the Trinity to you clearer.

How many gods?

3 gods in 1
Re: Who Was Jesus? by JUDASiskariot: 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
annunaki2:

He knows his al tauiya tactics will be exposed if he tries it here.

Don't mind him, he's just finding escape route.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
JUDASiskariot:

That's a lie, simply say you really don't have anything to say, because if you do, there won't be any need for finding all these flimsy excuse.

OK sir am lying I don't have anything to say that's why the excuses. And you can check my profile to confirm I always run and give excuses. Are you satisfied now.

JUDASiskariot:

Exactly. This should relay the Trinity to you clearer.

3 gods in 1

OK sir.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by JUDASiskariot: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
FriendChoice:

OK sir am lying I don't have anything to say that's why the excuses. And you can check my profile to confirm I always run and give excuses. Are you satisfied now.
OK sir.

I can't see where you proved Islam to be the true religion of all the world religion.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Image123(m): 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:
angry
Born of a virgin. Do you believe that?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Image123:

Born of a virgin. Do you believe that?

By faith, yes. Any other thing?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by onetrack(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Then who was Jesus' father?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Image123(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Good, that's who Jesus is.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
onetrack:

By faith, nobody. He's fatherless. angry
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
Image123:

Good, that's who Jesus is.

One more thing: is there any significance in his name? Was he the first person to answer that name "Jesus"?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by annunaki2(m): 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:

You just provided evidence that you are a big time monumental dunce. You are almost as daft as mohamed.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
annunaki2:

You just provided evidence that you are a big time monumental dunce. You are almost as daft as mohamed.

Hahahahaha, Please shut up old man!

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Auki: 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
onetrack:

God created Jesus without father but with mother.

Who is Adam father and mother?

Who is Eve father and Mother?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Jesus? by teemy(m): 12:57am On Feb 25, 2017
memory fails me the exactitude of the verses but somewhere in john or luke, jesus said "whatever you ask the father in my name, he will do" and in the next chapter or so also says "whatever you ask in my name i will do". any comments on this?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:32am On Feb 25, 2017
teemy:
memory fails me the exactitude of the verses but somewhere in john or luke, jesus said "whatever you ask the father in my name, he will do" and in the next chapter or so also says "whatever you ask in my name i will do". any comments on this?

Does that make his name significant, or have you ever asked the father something in his name that he did?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by onetrack(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Did he have a y-chromosome? If he was a male, he had to have one. Where did it come from? If not from another human male, then what would the only other possibility be (for believers, that is)?
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 27, 2017
Seun:
great!

Two things: (1) You're a deist. (2) Could you tell me what makes you believe in that there is a supernatural being overseeing everything?

The supernatural wrote the code (natural laws) called big bang theorem and it all started
Re: Who Was Jesus? by texudeen: 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. John 14:6 - Jesus answered, I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by Image123(m): 1:02am On Feb 28, 2017
Rilwayne001:

One more thing: is there any significance in his name? Was he the first person to answer that name "Jesus"?

He's not the first person to answer that name of course. Joshua already did. What does it matter who first answered a name or who owns and demonstrates the name? i'm glad to see that you agree that Jesus was born of a virgin, that's a good step.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by birdman(m): 2:50am On Mar 01, 2017
onetrack:
Atheist here. Also I have a history background (university).

Jesus was one of several people in the early 1st century who claimed to be the Messiah--a god-sent individual who would rescue the Jews from the Romans and re-establish the kingdom of Israel. Cyrus the Persian 5 centuries earlier had liberated the Hebrews from Babylonian captivity and was honored with the title of Messiah as well.

All of the self-proclaimed Messiahs of the 1st century met violent deaths, including Jesus, before they had the chance to drive the Romans out of Judea, a difficult prospect given the awesome power of the Romans at that time period.

Jesus' disciples then had to face the reality that he was not the Messiah because he had simply been executed by the Romans without much fanfare. This resulted in cognitive dissonance: they could either admit that they had been following a faker, or reinvent the story of the Messiah. It appears that some of them chose the second option, which led to the creation of Christianity.

You see, the early Christians simply changed the interpretation of what the Messiah would do. Instead of bringing about the kingdom of Israel on earth, his kingdom was actually not of this earth, and it was actually through his death that people would enter the heavenly kingdom of Israel. So instead of Jesus' death being the sign of just another failed Messiah, his death actually became the proof for his followers that he was the Messiah. Neat how they did that, isn't it?

In order to convince pagans to accept the new religion, the early Christians had to add some miracles to Jesus' life (virgin birth, resurrection, etc), and also they had to make him vaguely god-like (Trinity), all of which was easily done in the days without video recorders.

Voila! Christianity's origins.

what kind of cognitive dissonance makes disciples get martyred for a lie? Some crucified, others boiled in hot oil, some skinned alive, others fed to lions. For a made up story? lol ok.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Jesus? by uvalued(m): 6:45am On Mar 01, 2017
FriendChoice:
Who is god?
Jesus

Is Jesus the son of Mary?
Yes

Who created Mary?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus

Jesus is the begotten son.
Yes

Who is his father?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Jesus is a servant of God?
Yes

Who is God?
Jesus.

Jesus died on the cross?
Yes

Who resurrected him?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus

Jesus is a messenger?
Yes

Who sent him?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Did Jesus worship while on earth? Yes

Whom did he worship?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Did God have a beginning?
No....

Then who was born on 25 DEC?Jesus.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Where's God?
In heaven

How many are there in heaven?Only one God.

Where's Jesus?
He is sitted on the right hand of his father.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Then how many are they in heaven?
Only one God

Then how many seats?
One

Where's Jesus?
Seated next to God.

Then how are they seated?
On one chair

Its only understood by those with the holy spirit.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Hahaha what a confusion. So beautiful to be a Muslim, Allah (SWT) have mercy on us all and grant us His straight path for us not to go astray

interesting.. has the above made a christian to take a sword a go after those that dont believe like friendchoice and chop it off shouting JESUS IS LORD? but have we seen muslims who merely disagreeing on flimpsy excuse have shouted allah hu akubar and blood of monkey and dogs have flowed...
Re: Who Was Jesus? by onetrack(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
birdman:

what kind of cognitive dissonance makes disciples get martyred for a lie? Some crucified, others boiled in hot oil, some skinned alive, others fed to lions. For a made up story? lol ok.

groupthink is a very powerful force.
Re: Who Was Jesus? by birdman(m): 2:05am On Mar 03, 2017
onetrack:

groupthink is a very powerful force.

and you have seen groupthink withstand all the tortures, murders and mayhem I mentioned to you earlier - for a span of 300 years, starting from the apostles until Constantine. Please provide such evidence of groupthink being this powerful. I am very interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Not A Terrorist! / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian? / A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.