Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? (49307 Views)

Advice On Hustle To Libya For Greener Pastures / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / Looking For A Greener Pasture We've Got The Right Option For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by cloudyskygrind(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Gooo Nigeria is not a place to be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by olad54: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
lies , lies nothing but lies .those people advising you to travel are misleading you. where is the green pastures abroad? U.S.A, U.K,CANADA etc. what about living costs , obtaining legal stay . refugees from all over the world goes to Europe and America. the national of these countries are feed up with foreigners coming into their country. brother stay in Nigeria and continue the struggle. necessity brings ingenuity and invention. a word is enough for the wise

3 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Teespice(f): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
please start a business.
haven't you seen how people are being deported back every now and then?
life as an immigrant isn't as easy compared to Nigerians who are citizens.

2 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
wayne4loan:
Young man come to alaba and invest that money u will be surprised how much it will generate within a year

u can tell him the kind of bizness to invest in, and other ppl will learn from that

2 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chaiks: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mskrisx:

Do u have someone to stay with in the first place?
yes.we are actually planning on my coming over to work for two years.please wats d monthly pay in jobs in Dubai like?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ifecobaba(m): 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
LAFO:
Oga sir, you think 800k is big money in Nigeria, get out of Ikeja Airport and see how much go remain for your hand.

Abeg stay here and turn the money to something bigger.

Just give me 300 out of the 800..... I will stay here.

#IdeasNeedFunding

Lols
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chuksemi:

Go to Malaysia. Trust me, you will make it big in less than 3 years.

wat will he b doin in Malay?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Mskrisx(f): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
chaiks:
yes.we are actually planning on my coming over to work for two years.please wats d monthly pay in jobs in Dubai like?

Bro it varies with firms and location. You will not regret it. smiley
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by initialize(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ichiebullion:

Longtime.. Don't know if you still remember me

Stanley... I will whatsapp you. I no fit forget my oga na
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chronique(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
Well said.
AngelicBeing:
Yes, l was just teasing you, but you gave the Op a good advise, Nigeria is not a good place to do business now, even me that lives outside the country l know the losses l incurred doing business from my base, the guy's 800, 000 Naira is not something he should gamble with, he can look for a good location and start mama put restaurant, if he cant cook, let him look for a nice cook from Cross river / Akwa Ibom to help him, if he judiciously manage the mama -put restaurant, it will grow than wasting it chasing shadows abroad, if you are not very skilled coming overseas is like pouring water inside a basket, but if he has skills, he can try either Australia / Canada federal skills program, he should forget Europe for now because Europeans are struggling with immigrants and most of their citizens are out of jobs, on welfare and also bias towards blacks coming to take the few jobs available.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
Papasmal:

Cool advice Bro,

U spoke ma mind.

Spoke your mind indeed, have you prepared for the challenges you going to face over there, like residency permit to allow you to work legally etc, travelling abroad is just not the issue for me.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nigerians can like to mislead others. these people advicing the op to leave the country havent successfully done same inorder for the op to follow their footsteps. so i wonder why they are telling d op to do what they have never done before.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by emprorfk(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
start a betting shop like bet9ja ....nairabet....or babaijebu....u can even be selling raw food stuff or better stil bar palour joint
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by initialize(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
lielbree:

Don't be rude. He might have received it from his parents. If you have good business ideas spell it out! Stop acting like you know everything.

Who knows whether you are not lying sef

I'm sorry my msg came out rude to you. When it comes to biz to do, don't underestimate Nairaland Business section. Take your time and read through all the start up business topics and you choose the one that's easy for you to start.

As to whether I'm lying or not. It's your choice as to what you believe. I have nothing to prove to you.

Thanks anyways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions

Are you female or male?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Ruggedpen: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
wayne4loan:
Young man come to alaba and invest that money u will be surprised how much it will generate within a year
see set up, very soon, he will put fire inside the market and my guy will put hand for head.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by AgentGoat: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions
my frd stay in your house ie nigeria. Look for a small business to start. Don't use all the money. Start small and see how things ll turn out.

You can start by renting a small shop to sell video cassettes you ll think it's small business. It makes alot of sense.

You can start selling cheap women wears jeans, gowns, tops, plastic neck wears, ear rings plastic ones all those rubber band dem dey take hold hair. My guy reason am well money dey inside this things.

You can go into transport business too buy keke and drive it yourself.

A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Pennyways: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

to enter iyangky just d hurry me
If I be u I for don comot teeey teeey cheesy cheesy
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by initialize(m): 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
MizTyna:

Really? Drop some ideas please

Everything I own and all the business I do came from nairaland business section. Read through the section.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chaiks: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mskrisx:

Bro it varies with firms and location. You will not regret it. smiley
OK.thanks.but on a relative note,say security,hotel or factory jobs,like aw much you fit estimate monthly
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by sekundosekundo: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Papasmal:

Cool advice Bro,

U spoke ma mind.

Don't be deceived, this your money may finish in the hands of those people that want to help you settle down in Europe etc. How much will remain by the time you finished your traveling process.

Are you trained in any business?.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by distilledwalex(m): 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
Buy neat camry tiny light and join uber.. If you sabi drive dat is..

3 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by thonyrule(m): 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
Starting a life in abroad can be hard and takes more time you could ever imagine.... Don't really know about other countries but there are lots of Nigerian men and youths here in Germany without a home not to talk of a job, many would have returned but won't because of the fear of being tagged a failure.

Boss start up a business in Nigerian and spend wisely.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by sekundosekundo: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:

Noted
Did you learn any trade at all?.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by 9ja4show: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
distilledwalex:
Buy neat camry tiny light and join uber.. If you sabi drive dat is..

You can't do uber except u have 2006 model car

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by arazanbal: 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
Oga i advice mak u run enter europe wit dt money nw as e dy hot o.d evironment dr go mak u dy tink well as in wht 2 do.if u r in sport,football 4 example it a plus 4u
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Kayodemichael(m): 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Canada is your best destination but your money is small increase it to 2m
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by leo1234(m): 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
initialize:
I don't know why I find it difficult to reason why I should travel to another country. My first international passport expired without any stamp. The second one is already a year old and still not taken it to any embassy. I'm among those that believe I will grow my hundreds to billions in Nigeria. I didn't say millions because that's already achieved within 4yrs of trying.

Believe in Nigeria and Nigeria will reason ur situation.

800k is even much money to start a business. If you got the 800k legitimately I'm surprised you asking this question. Do you want to tell me there's no more money where the 800k came from?

Please can you help with some business ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Mskrisx(f): 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
chaiks:
OK.thanks.but on a relative note,say security,hotel or factory jobs,like aw much you fit estimate monthly

This is a speculation....
Say from 200usd it could be more than.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ephi123(f): 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Why would I make fun of a job I'd gladly take if hired...m only surprised coz he had wanted to be a bouncer judging by his last post..But ma'am blv me if he has someone down there he'll definitely settle down easily..I have friends who are employed as security officers by Clubs..and it's easier for them to save coz they stay together..About 5 of em, so if you have the connection you're good to go..

Right I see, I didn't read his previous posts...Yes, having friends there makes a big difference especially as they will also guide on what to do and what not to. I still don't think that money will be enough though, unless his friends want to support him for the initial months.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by jaybee3(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hustle legally = Legal Emigration right?

Your problem is half solved if you don't have any restriction with taking up employment in the new country.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by initialize(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
weedtheweeds:
he asked for ideas. maybe dem use the money settle am from family property. He is not seeking questioning but ideas and answers. If you have one you may tender herewith or just waka pass

Try to understand my message. But if he needs business ideas he can read through Nairaland biz section topics. That's where I go to. Nairaland is responsible for all I am today

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video) / Young Boy Who Works As A Vulcanizer In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.