Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. (4331 Views)

FG Releases 57 Achievements Of President Buhari Administration So Far / How Would You Rate The Performance Of This Administration So Far {POLL} / Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
Just a quick write up on the craziness in the white house.

I know it's just being just over a month that this administration began but boy, does it feel like a 4 years to a lot of people already. So without further ado, let me tell you things we have learnt from this administration so far.

When people show you who they really are, believe them the first time.

During his campaign for the Presidency, Donald Trump said a lot of crazy and outlandish things, but some people just dismissed it as political bluster. The thinking was that it was all political theatre and that when he gets into office he would somehow govern differently just like some people think that there cheating boyfriend would hopefully become faithful after marriage or that violent boyfriend would eventually stop hitting you after both y'all tie the knot only to now realize that you were wrong. They don't change and that marriage just like the Presidency doesn't necessarily change you. It simply reveals who you always were. So when he continues to attack the press and push for anti- American laws don't be surprised.

2 Likes

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 11:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
No one governs differently from how they run their campaign. To put it more clearly, the way you run your campaign is pretty much a reflection of how your administration is going to be. If it is full of intrigue and scandal then so shall your Presidency be. If it is well run then chances are you are going to be able to run an effective white house while you are President. Case in point, the Obama 2008 campaign was so well run and devoid of drama that Barack Obama came to be known as "No Drama" Obama. If I can clearly remember, there were no leaks, nor stories of infighting. just a smooth well run campaign and that was just a preview of what his Presidency was going to look like.

Now compare that to the chaotic and poorly run Trump campaign last year that has to fire two campaign managers to remain on track. If the democrats had a better candidate than Hillary then Trump might have ended up in the wrong side of history. It is safe to say that Trump won in spite of his campaign and not because of it and if Trump was facing a better opposition he could have been toast.

All this explains the highly chaotic and disorganized couple of weeks of the Trump presidency.

3 Likes

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 11:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
Elections have consequences!

This is pretty much self explanatory. When a party or a candidate is voted into power, chances are they are going to pursue the agenda that got them elected in the first place no matter if they are racist or economically unsound.

When candidate Trump ran, he ran on a platform of xenophobia and protectionism well now he his pursuing it. He has started deportations, he has signed executive orders to ban immigrants from certain countries coming to the U.S and they have started plans to build a wall. So expect him to fulfil them.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by Blue3k(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
LOL I'd vote for him again if the choices were Hillary and Donald.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 12:03am On Feb 25, 2017
So what next?
Well it looks like the next four years are about to be quite eventful to say the least so buckle up. So expect this man to pursue his agenda while the Republicans have control of the house and the Senate. Maybe until the mid term elections when hopefully the democrats can close the gap in the house or the Senate.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 12:10am On Feb 25, 2017
So is there a silver lining?

Well the protests and resistance of the last few weeks seem to have galvanized a lot of Americans into political activism which would hopefully pay dividends at the ballot box in the next few years. Watch for a large number of women and minorities running for office in the next few years in both the local, state and even federal level.

1 Like

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 12:16am On Feb 25, 2017
A man's character is his fate - Heraclitus (535- 475 B.C)

Like I said previously, people don't change when they get into office they remain the same or even worse because power magnifies who you are as a person. Donald Trump throughout his life has shown little regard for the law at several times in his business career so expect him to do the same in office. But unfortunately that might lead to his downfall and impeachment.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by rose54321: 12:17am On Feb 25, 2017
He will make America great again.

Personally I would vote for a Donald Trump in Nigeria.
Let's do away with political correctness and say things as they are.

No.1 would be enacting a law that limits the number of children per family, yes Northerners,your days of having children like chickens will stop.

A policy similar to China, where any more than 2, you pay a regular tax.

6 Likes

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 12:25am On Feb 25, 2017
rose54321:

No.1 would be enacting a law that limits the number of children per family, yes Northerners,your days of having children like chickens will stop.

And you know this How?
All I heard was just opinion not facts.

1 Like

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 12:30am On Feb 25, 2017
Blue3k:
LOL I'd vote for him again if the choices were Hillary and Donald.

Good! Let's see what your opinions would be in the next 4 years.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by Allsouls: 4:14am On Feb 25, 2017
Trump taught us that you will be voted for if your campaign is based on facts & truth although Nigerians tagged it hate because they expect him to paint the speech which he did not as they always do.

He also matched his words with action unlike Nigeria they will be giving you excuse that gej finish the treasure so one dollar to one naira can't work. They know just to deceive people to grab the power.

3 Likes

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 25, 2017
Ok
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by oyinkinola: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2017
rose54321:

...mean you will vote for me!
1, I will send biafran back to their home country in Israel!
2, I will simply killed money and replace it with "time legal tender". #TimeLegal
All in just one week in office!
Oyinkinola.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by dudebuck: 10:30am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:
No one governs differently from how they run their campaign. To put it more clearly, the way you run your campaign is pretty much a reflection of how your administration is going to be. If it is full of intrigue and scandals then so shall your Presidency be. If it is well run then chances are you are going to be able to run an effective white house while you are President. Case in point, the Obama 2008 campaign was so well run and devoid of drama that Barack Obama came to be known as "No Drama" Obama. If I can clearly remember, there were no leaks, or infighting just a smooth well run campaign and that was just a glimpse of his Presidency.
Now compare that to the chaotic and poorly run Trump campaign last year that has to fire two campaign managers to remain on track. If the democrats had a better candidate than Hillary then Trump might have ended up in the wrong side of history. It is safe to say that Trump won in spite of his campaign and not because of it and if Trump was facing a better opposition he could have been toast.

All this explain the highly chaotic and disorganized couple of weeks of the Trump presidency.
I am yet to see anything chaotic about his campaign. Obama is an id1ot, a big one for that matter. May be you don't know his pseudonym is THE DEPORTER IN CHEIF. Please leave Trump alone, he is doing a good job.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 10:33am On Feb 25, 2017
Allsouls:
Trump taught us that you will be voted for if your campaign is based on facts & truth although Nigerians tagged it hate because they expect him to paint the speech which he did not as they always do.

He also matched his words with action unlike Nigeria they will be giving you excuse that gej finish the treasure so one dollar to one naira can't work. They know just to deceive people to grab the power.

Hahaha this shows how little you know about this man or his administration. This man is known for spewing so many lies it's not even funny. From his campaign to his Presidency has been full of lies that words like alternative facts or "Spicer facts" have now entered our lexicon.

2 Likes

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2017
dudebuck:
I am yet to see anything chaotic about his campaign. Obama is an id1ot, a big one for that matter. May be you don't know his pseudonym is THE DEPORTER IN CHEIF. Please leave Trump alone, he is doing a good job.

Well it's because you don't follow the administration closely or you get your information from Faux news.

1 Like

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by dudebuck: 10:40am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:
So is there a silver lining?

Well the protests and resistance of the last few weeks seem to have galvanized a lot of Americans into political activism which would hopefully pay dividends at the ballot box in the next few years. Watch for a large number of women and minorities running for office in the next few years in both the local, state and even federal level.
Story. Trumps rating right now is SKY high, don't let FAKE NEWS Media deceive you. The social media can attest to that, Mark Dice, a conservative independent media analyst and Trump's suppoter can attest to that fact. A popular CNN anchor engaged him in Twitter war, Dice's tweets got 50 times more reply than that of the CNN guy, and got 200 times more retweet than that of the CNN guy. So this shows clearly that majority of Americans don't buy into your idea. Incidentally the CNN guy has more followers than Mr Dice on Twitter, The difference in engagement level between the two accounts shows that the CNN guy's twitter account is full of fake followers.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by HiddenShadow: 10:45am On Feb 25, 2017
Trump is a man of his words

He does what he says

In Igbo language we name people like him

Ekwueme. cool

1 Like

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by dudebuck: 10:47am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:

Well it's because you don't follow the administration closely or you get your information from Faux news.
I follow his administration more closely than you do, I just don't subscribe to FAKE NEWS media. Do you know that last Friday, the WHITE House nearly ran out of the special pens used for presidential signatures, why? It is simply because Trump has been very, very busy since he assumed power. He has signed countless documents since assuming office.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:

Do you live in the u.s? Are you in anyway directly feeling the effects of his policies? So how closely are you following the administration that has made you become an authority on its pros and cons all of a sudden?

2 Likes

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2017
dudebuck:
Story. Trumps rating right now is SKY high, don't let FAKE NEWS Media deceive you. The social media can attest to that, Mark Dice, a conservative independent media analyst and Trump's suppoter can attest to that fact. A popular CNN anchor engaged him in Twitter war, Dice's tweets got 50 times more reply than that of the CNN guy, and got 200 times more retweet than that of the CNN guy. So this shows clearly that majority of Americans don't buy into your idea. Incidentally the CNN guy has more followers than Mr Dice on Twitter, The difference in engagement level between the two accounts shows that the CNN guy's twitter account is full of fake followers.

Hahaha, So we are now guaging the amount of retweets as an indication of the Presidents popularity? Gotcha!
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Do you live in the u.s? Are you in anyway directly feeling the effects of his policies? So how closely are you following the administration that has made you become an authority on its pros and cons all of a sudden?

Yes to all of the above.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by dudebuck: 10:52am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:

I dont even watch FoX news where I am. We don't have it in our cable TV list of channels. I rely on Independent news analysts, who are not paid by anybody. The BBC lied about Brexit. Well, last week or two when they were in Malawi doing their is it BBC Africa debate or something, on this topic, I tweeted about Brexit and the BBC, Twitter banned me for 12 hours.

1 Like

Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by dudebuck: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:

Hahaha, So we are now guaging the amount of retweets as an indication of the Presidents popularity? Gotcha!
Of course the Social Media is a microcosm of the world in general. Because there nobody can gag you easily, and it affords you a measure of anonymity so the real you comes out. I learnt this lesson in 2015, during the elections in Nigeria.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2017
dudebuck:
I dont even watch FoX news where I am. We don't have it in our cable TV list of channels. I rely on Independent news analysts, who are not paid by anybody. The BBC lied about Brexit. Well, last week or two when they were in Malawi doing their is it BBC Africa debate or something, on this topic, I tweeted about Brexit and the BBC, Twitter banned me for 12 hours.

Independent news analysis like What? Breitbart? Infowars? ZeroHedge?
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by ganisucks(f): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2017
dudebuck:
Thank you for correcting this misinformed fake news addict. The DOW just broke a 30yr record with the longest running upward streak ever. This means that consumer confidence is at an all time high. The last time it did something similar was under ronald regan. The fact is that donald trump enjoys a 90% popularity in america. CNN knows it and so do the people. The fake news should continue fooling themselves and the OP. Have you ever heard of a politician fulfilling his promises and then being condemned for it.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:

Yes to all of the above.

Ok! He is going to be there for 4 years (maybe) so get used to him! Trump has never had tact but he has always succeeded in everything he puts his mind into! Sometimes good gifts come in ugly wrapping paper!
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by dudebuck: 10:59am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:

Of course. Tell me one thing that Alex Jones, Paul Joseph Watson, Avalone, Mark Dice or Gari Franchi said that is a lie.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 10:59am On Feb 25, 2017
dudebuck:
Of course the Social Media is a microcosm of the world in general. Because there nobody can gag you easily, and it affords you a measure of anonymity so the real you comes out. I learnt this lesson in 2015, during the elections in Nigeria.

This man's approval rating is 48%! Lower than any incoming President ever! And you are here talking about tweets.

Gosh! This shows how low things have sunk in this country that people are having to use tweets to justify someone's presidency.
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by davidif: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2017
dudebuck:

You do know that a significant amount of voting Americans are not on social media right?
Re: What We Have Learned From The Trump Administration So Far. by ganisucks(f): 11:02am On Feb 25, 2017
davidif:

So you only believe CNN and NYT. Try watching BBC and CGTN, they are critical of him. But also report his achievements.
PS: Zerohedge criticises him a lot. They are more concerned with destroying the FED than showing love for Trump

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING - Intelligence Report On Ozubulu Church Massacre / Gov Obiano Wipes The Tears Of ANPC Pensions After 25 Yrs / 30,000 Minimum Wage Too Small For A Country Fighting Corruption- Olawepo-hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.