Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

JLAA: Free Legal Aid Group Makes Remarkable Interventions. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JLAA: Free Legal Aid Group Makes Remarkable Interventions. (269 Views)

Federal Government Interventions In Plateau State Following Recent Killings / Federal Government Interventions To Rescue The Dapchi Girls / Shehu Sani Donates A House To Fityanu Islam First Aid Group(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JLAA: Free Legal Aid Group Makes Remarkable Interventions. by BENVASCO(m): 10:10am On Feb 25, 2017
Yesterday, a legal aid group popular known as JOINT LEGAL ACTION AID (JLAA) challenged the unlawful arraignment of Ms Maimuna Zabauru who has been on Prison for 9 years. The team was led by the General Counsel, Barr Kingsley Ughe supported by some Prominent Lawyers.

The Human right group has been operating for free, membership also free and have promised to be the pace setter in campaign for peace , justice , fairness and good governance.

The group is headed by Barr. Kingsley Ughe, a powerful lawyer known by many especially security agencies because of his frequent interventions and campaign for fairness and respect for the rule of law.

The group also released two of it's members illegally detained and charged to court by a Police DPO in Lagos after a mass protest by the group.

check their facebook group page for more interventions and updates

https://mobile./jlaa.global/
"
MAIMUNA ZUBAIRU LEFT PRISONS FOR FREEDOM LATE YESTERDAY EVENING AFTER 9 YEARS THANKS TO JLAA.
We were at the Magistrate Court, behind Guinness , Ogba for the impromptu court arraignment of Friday Ojie Asuelimhen and Chris Ifeanyi , the two JLAA members maliciously charged to court for "breach of the peace" by police because they insisted, on the instructions of JLAA, that bail is free and would not grease a corrupt palm.
They were granted a very lenient bail by the Court, of one surety each who must show evidence of being lawfully employed and fifty thousand Naira bond.
Surprisingly, perfecting their bail took the whole day. Barrister Stanley Ughe and I eventually left the court premises way after 4pm late evening. But it was all worth it. An opportunity to hurl defiance at injustice and impunity.
Importantly, Barrister Opeyemi Baderu and his team were giving us regular updates on the Maimuna Zubairu release process. She eventually left prisons at about 5;27pm and handed over to the Hausa/Fulani Community of Lekki/Epe , Lagos.
I was sad I couldn't be there to share in her joy at that very defining moment. But I was elated and delirious with excitement. .Both for Maimuna and for for YOU ALL, every JLAA member out there who through your financial contributions and prayers made all these possible. I hope to meet her in coming days and have a picture session with her and little Amina.
The true essence of humankind is kindness and looking out for the poor, the afflicted, the dispossessed and the abandoned prisoners in their lonely dark cells.
There are other qualities which come from education or knowledge, but it is essential, if one wishes to be a genuine human being and impart satisfying meaning to one's existence, to have a good heart. In JLAA, the goodness of your heart has brought smiles to sad faces and joy to grieving hearts.
In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with.
Those who make compassion an essential part of their lives find the joy of life. Kindness deepens the spirit and produces rewards that cannot be completely explained in words. I will specially love to say a profound and special thank you"

Source: Group page
https://mobile./jlaa.global/
Re: JLAA: Free Legal Aid Group Makes Remarkable Interventions. by BENVASCO(m): 10:13am On Feb 25, 2017
The good thing about this group is that it is free and sponsored by philanthropists.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Send Neither Ogun Non Sango... / Africa Is Young,why Are Its Leaders So Old? / Senate Gives Custom Boss New Date To Appear Before It With Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.