Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! (76919 Views)

Have You Seen Or Eaten Albino Cucumbers Before? (Photos) / Let's Talk About Weird Meals We've Ever Eaten. / Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by AlphaStyles(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
o my I miss those days
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
sonofLuci:

Lwkmd o your own strong o lolzzz

So those niggaz run because of Amaterasu no blame them they know say they no they quench am grin
lol i de tell you mehn...you the first person im telling this to o...cos its just super weird
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Oga you are 21years OLD... grin
and you are 15 abi
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Kiakia(m): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:

5. Robot and Bubble Chewing Gum

I ate a lot of chewing growing up. It’s probably one the reasons I have very bad teeth. Robot chewing gum and one called “Sprint” or “Spirit” were my favourites back then. I knew footballers chew gum when they played so I started chewing gum whenever I played football too.

There is this one that always came with questions inside the wrap of the gum. They were very interesting because they came with answers too. Funny how I knew this many chewing gums from back in the days but don’t know a single one in the market today. If you ate any of these back then, you are probably dyeing your hair to black now. Just kidding.

robot and bubble chewing gum.
You forgot to add the ones that come with poster picture of football players and popular musicians inserted inside the wraps. I still have those pictures, though.
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by CaroLyner(f): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
almarthins:

Some of these product were still around till 1996/7. It is nt possible u ate all.
I never said i ate all.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by robosky02(m): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
AlphaStyles:
o my I miss those days

just go back and do like this grin

Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by CaroLyner(f): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
Haute:

So what happened yesterday? Nairaland birthday? cheesy
it was going haywire
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
and you are 15 abi
lol.. 51 years OLD
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by robosky02(m): 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
Kiakia:
You forgot to add the ones that come with poster picture of football players and popular musicians inserted inside the wraps. I still have those pictures, though.

hmmmm you still have them? wow grin
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
lol.. 51 years OLD
i no understand this your style o...na oil and towel i just de see ...50 year old man
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by robosky02(m): 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
and the faavourite play for boys and girls grin

Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by kaycee2505(m): 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
king321:
that was just about 16 years ago. I ate them all and am 35 now. am I old?
u are oooooooooooold grin
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
i no understand this your style o...na oil and towel i just de see ...50 year old man
lol.... I have a serum.... it keeps me young..... old papa youngie tinz grin..
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by aalangel(f): 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:
If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old!

1. Planta Margarine:

Just like many Nigerians would call every toothpaste Close-Up and every noodles Indomie, I still know of an elderly person that calls every margarine Planta. It’s really very funny how brands come and go into extinction when you consider the fact they dominated the market so much in their time. Now we have Blue Ban by Unilever dominating the market.

Other brands of margarines you can find in the Nigerian market are include Costa margarine, Moore margarine, Star margarine, and Topper margarine.

http://www.foodsng.com/if-you-have-ever-eaten-any-of-these-foods-you-are-old/6/

Is there anything wrong with being old? Many people ate that and are dead today?? Is it not our prayer to be old? Nonsense headline.
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by robosky02(m): 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
aalangel:

Is there anything wrong with being old? Many people ate that and are dead today?? Is it not our prayer to be old? Nonsense headline.

don't get it twisted my dear

we all ate them as kids, but you will agree that most of them are no longer in vogue or are completely extinct

that's to show that we have grow over time, and need to take more responsibility. cos no uncle or mummy will buy them for you again grin
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by clems88(m): 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:

antinuke

you remember the amount you go to school with those days waiting for break? grin

omo I remember keeping my coins till closing so I can buy lots of sugar Cain when going home grin
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
lol.... I have a serum.... it keeps me young..... old papa youngie tinz grin..
as e de hot, i bliv u

Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by dadaadec(m): 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
All diz tinz go still dey Ibadan..
robosky02:

na so

where did you get robot chuwing gum?

I mean the one that carries current affairs grin
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by ave4(f): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Ah!I can't forget Okin biscuit.I loved it so much.I'm not an oldie o!
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by bizzibodi(m): 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:

I ate a lot of chewing growing up. It’s probably one the reasons I have very bad teeth. Robot chewing gum and one called “Sprint” or “Spirit” were my favourites back then. I knew footballers chew gum when they played so I started chewing gum whenever I played football too.

There is this one that always came with questions inside the wrap of the gum. They were very interesting because they came with answers too. Funny how I knew this many chewing gums from back in the days but don’t know a single one in the market today. If you ate any of these back then, you are probably dyeing your hair to black now. Just kidding.

I love reading that cartoon,bazooka joe on bubble gum wraps grin grin grin
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by bizzibodi(m): 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:

I lovereading that cartoon,bazooka joe on bubble gum wraps grin grin grin
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
as e de hot, i bliv u
bros y ns.... u want to expose me?
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
bros y ns.... u want to expose me?
lol 4why na
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Chicertain(f): 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:

but am sure you didn't eat the showing gum cheesy

by the way do you know that even before indomie came we had the Maggie noddles grin
LIE.The first noodles in Nigeria wad Indomie.It came out around 1990/91. Maggi was a copy cat product and came out around 1992/93.
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by diva90: 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
I'm officially old
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
nelajayi:
you're older!lol
I be uncle oo
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by laudate: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:
by the way

children of "nama days" I don't think they enjoy half of what we enjoyed back in the days grin

seating before the television to start at 4:30pm

after school things grin

Na true word you talk! Your post make sense, die! cheesy Children of nowadays cannot understand the simple pleasures we enjoyed in those days. Now they live a gadget-filled life, from mobile phones to video games. I ate every thing you mentioned in your posts. From Planta to Okin biscuits, and Cabin Biscuits. Chai! Time don go, o! How old am I sef? I am scratching my head, still trying to get the answer... shocked

By the way, do you remember using this telephone? My uncle told me this was the type of phone that was available during their time, and you had to press the buttons several times to even get a dial tone. cheesy

Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by XX01(f): 10:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
robosky02:

5. Okin Biscuit (Coaster and Shortcake)

There are so many biscuits that have gone into extinction really. I can name a hundred of them that were so popular then but are not around any more. Okay, that was an “over exaggeration” but I can name 10 for you if you ask me. There was this Fishly, Alata, Malt n Milk, Okin Coaster, Shortcake, Paco biscuit, Glucose, and so on.

Kids of these days don’t even take biscuits to school any more. There are so many replacements. Many even just take money to school and buy whatever they want.

There are still so many foods that I can remember but don’t want to add because I don’t have pictures for them. There was pronto, Dr. Pepper, Tandi, Gold spot, Treebor, etc.

okin biscuit

They still exist! Carton of coaster is N2,300. Fishy, malted milk, glucose still dey market.
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
lol i de tell you mehn...you the first person im telling this to o...cos its just super weird

Lol I don't think it's weird, sounds very exciting to me.

Watched that minato vs madara battle? Minato's move were so Epic.
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by critic9ja: 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
CaroLyner:
I'v eaten almost everything above and am not up to twenty.
lie lie, see her mouth. Let me check you out if you are sure you age is not up to 20
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
CaroLyner:
it was going haywire

Hmm... lipsrsealed
Re: If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
Men I'm old as a tortoise sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Receives Her Plaque From Guinness World Records (Photos, Video) / Photos Of Bushpig Killed By A Hunter Today / Cooking Pot That Costs Over N400k, Nigerians React (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.