Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno (647 Views)

Fulani Threat Of War Is Fake- Muric / Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost / Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by seunlly(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
With President Muhammadu Buhari’s lawyer’s ₦500,000 ‘gift’ to Justice Adeniyi Ademola while the certificate case was being tried before that judge and with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation’s Grasscuttergate scandal, can we all stop pretending and accept that the anti corruption war is dead?
I believe I now know the reason why God allowed President Buhari to come back to power. It was to expose him for who he really is. Not a saint, but a hypocrite! A hypocrite of the highest order. A so called anti corruption crusader who writes letters to cover his corrupt Secretary to the Government of the Federation and whose lawyer gives gifts to a justice that is being tried for collecting gifts from others. Do as I say, not as I do!
Things were already bad enough until the President’s spokesman released his statement trying to justify the ‘gift’!
When Femi Adesina, President Muhammadu Buhari’s spokesman, says PMB’s lawyers ₦500,000 payment to Justice Ademola was a ‘gift’ not a bribe he must think that Nigerians are on the bottom of the ladder in the rational thinking food chain!
So if I take a bribe and call it a ‘gift’, according to Femi Adesina, it automatically transforms from corruption to ‘gift’? So President Buhari believes in the Transformation Agenda after all! Who would have thought so!
So why can President Buhari’s lawyer give gifts but Andrew Yakubu cannot accept ‘gift’? The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission should just release everybody they are trying because they took ‘gifts’ not bribe. After all, President Buhari and his lawyer have shown us the way!
The Justice Ademola that is currently being tried is accused of taking bribes because people gave him gifts. So why were their gifts proceeds of corruption and Lawyer Awodein’s (Buhari’s lawyer) a proceed of friendship?
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a bribe is defined thus:
Bribe /brīb/
verb
1. persuade (someone) to act in one’s favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.
Now if you consider the favorable way the certificate case against the President has being going for him in the matter before Justice Ademola, you may be forgiven if you quote Proverbs 18:14 and say “a man’s gift makes room for him”.
With all apologies to the publishers of the Oxford English Dictionary let me say that they have to alter the meanings of some words in their dictionary.
With Nigeria’s situation on my mind, I suggest the following edits to the definition of the word gift
Gift (noun)
1. New word for BRIBE as approved by the current President Muhammadu Buhari-led Nigerian government for exclusive use of All Progressive Congress members.
And while we are at it, I am feeling some generosity to my readers. If any of my readers will like a GIFT, then they should send me an email. But if they would prefer a BRIBE, then they should send me a hand written letter instead. If you as my reader does not know the difference, then contact President Muhammadu Buhari’s lawyer!
Everybody gives gifts but some gifts are more equal than others. For tips on giving EFCC approved gifts, see President Buhari’s lawyer! The DEODORANT has been sprayed on Lawyer Awodein and the INSECTICIDE is being sprayed on Justice Ademola. Now I understand Shehu Sani!
But this President Muhammadu Buhari knows how to code better than Mark Zuckerberg! Look at the code word his team used for the payment made to Justice Ademola. The ‘gift’!
I am tempted to ask what else they have coded? Is the 2017 budget codedly (I invented the word codedly since we are all making edits to the Oxford English Dictionary) padded? Have they coded INEC to produce only inconclusive elections? Is Babachir’s grass cutting contract a means to get more resources to provide future coded gifts?
In fact, I am reliably informed that APC members give GIFT while PDP members give BRIBE but if you were once a Peoples Democratic Party member and you are now in the APC you give GIFTED BRIBE!
Now we understand why Rotimi Ameachi said he never gave nor received bribes. As an APC member, maybe he gave and received ‘gifts’. After all, there is nothing wrong with that! Our leader has shown us the way!
And President Buhari is not the only hypocrite in town. His mini me, Nasir Elrufai, the unofficial Vice President and Khalifa of the Buhari personality cult is as hypocritical as they come.
Finally, let me end this piece by saying that I was so glad to hear President Muhammadu Buhari’s voice as he spoke to Governor Ganduje of Kano state the other day. I hope by this call, people can leave the man to “rest” in London and not disturb him with their eye service visits to him.
To those who have done so and to others who are contemplating doing so, I hope and pray you get treated like the Guardian Newspaper reporter who was almost arrested when the residents of Abuja House (President Buhari’s current residence) called the police to help get rid of him. But just in case you do not get arrested, permit me to write a new version of an Old Nursery Rhyme for you.
Old Version:
Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat Where Have You Been?
I’ve Been to London to See The Queen
New Version:
Sycophant, Sycophant, Where Have You Been?
I’ve Been to London to See Buhari!
Omokri is the founder of the Mind of Christ Christian Center in California, author of Shunpiking: No Shortcuts to God and Why Jesus Wept and the host of Transformation with Reno Omokri

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/president-buharis-anti-corruption-war-dead-reno/
Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by AyamConfidence(m): 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
Reno sef...he no want make Bubu rest in peace for London.. I like his analysis of the gift and bribe thing

But I don't do politics so I'll call the most patriotic Nigerian...cc Sarrki

Reno has come with his wahala again ooo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by Adminisher: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
Reno, please come to Nigeria and steal Government money. This is how we will know.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by sarrki(m): 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
AyamConfidence:
Reno sef...he no want make Bubu rest in peace for London.. I like his analysis of the gift and bribe thing

But I don't do politics so I'll call the most patriotic Nigerian...cc Sarrki

Reno has come with his wahala again ooo

Thank you my brother

Having said that Reno is half clever

Same to wailers too.

They are praying day and night for baba to back down but he will not

We gave him the mandate to go after criminals the looted us dry
Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by Ngokafor(f): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
...There were no 'corruption fight' in the first place...but a circus with clowns(buhari/apc) .
Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by Bevista: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
Is it really ideal to call this crusade "Buhari's anti-corruption war"? The impression I usually get when I hear stuff like this is that we are cool with corruption or that we'd be happy to see the war fail.
---
Back to the "Gift" issue, I have a few questions: (1) Is PMB the only client to this lawyer? (2) Was the gift given on behalf of PMB? (3) Why are we not pointing fingers to all the many other clients of this lawyer? (4) Why are we still so fixated on PMB even when the lawyer has come out openly to claim his gift had nothing to do with the president?
---
I think PMB is a victim of his own integrity. The SGF was accused of N200m contract racketeering. PMB himself accused of N500k bribe. He was accused of having N30m in his account when he claimed to borrow to buy nomination form. Now let's even assume for one moment that all these allegations are true, it only goes to demonstrate that PMB's ills are a drop in the ocean compared to others.
---
Let's put things in perspective here. A certain lawyer claimed that N74m found in his account was legal fees paid to him by Fayose. Do we find that alarming? No! (but N500k is). Just a few years ago, contract racketeering was done in billions of $$$. That is still not alarming to some people (but N200m is). I come from a state where a PA to the governor publicly celebrated his first N10b. It is not alarming to some that a PA could have N10b but it is alarming that a former army General and president has N30m in his account. PMB is, indeed, a victim of his own integrity. This is not suggesting that we should condone corruption in any guise but jut to provide some perspective.
---
Reno and Ben Bruce have a habit of dissing the president. But somehow, they never say anything about the actions of their "heroic" benefactor. So much for commonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by ifyan(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Right from inception. No be today nyanch de fowl back
Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by AyamConfidence(m): 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
sarrki:

Thank you my brother

Having said that Reno is half clever

Same to wailers too.

They are praying day and night for baba to back down but he will not

We gave him the mandate to go after criminals the looted us dry
wetin concern me with politics

Abeg I get serious matter to think

Re: Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Is Dead – Reno by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
Even the warlord is no where to be found

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Politics A Politics Of Bitterness / South Africa's Xenophobic Attack And The Ghana-must-ģo Case / See The Photos Of A Boy Penetrates Crowd To Shake Hands With Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.