Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa (63671 Views)

Aerial And Ground Pictures Of The University Of Ghana / Covenant University Ranks 91st Best University Amongst Emerging Economies / Female Student Of University Of Ghana Jumps To Her Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
Silva79:
how can i school here.
You need Aggregate 6 in your WASSCE and do exceptionally well in an
interview conducted by the university Registrar
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by columbus007(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gassa007:

So you know this before?But you will come naija dey discriminate ,form Greatest Unis,forming Fed vs State vs Private unis
which day I form all these ones shocked
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
columbus007:
Well success are in the student not in the school undecided
The alumina of the university will tell you it's success story

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by columbus007(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Think again mate
how?.
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
2shur:
shame to we naija.
we cant even boast of having 10 foreign students in both federal n sta8 talkless of priva8 uni.
shame on naija.
see as whites dey happy
dem free
nothing like asu strike
nepa ish
confra
kidnapping.
dem free like birds.
u cant even af this population cause na to kidnap go dey most men mind
The shame non be small yet some guys go dey carry body say their skul beta.SMH

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
jieta:
why don't you put source of who rate it as the best university in west africa.

i believe there are some universities in Nigeria who can compete with what am seeing.
http://www.graphic.com.gh/news/education/university-of-ghana-ranked-west-africa-s-best.html

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Nogodyej:
them de protest like us
No
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
adusco:
How many universities do they have?? The real problem confronting Nigeria.....
12 Universities and 10 Technical Universities .
close to 30 private universities and other Professional bodies

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by yinkslinks(m): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Looks like DG sss house.
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Nedsnow:
Keep flaunting it. We sure understand how it feels not to have good infrastructures. But the thing is. Thou i heard Ghanian schools are good but i know of 2 guys who schooled in Ghana. Believe me folks. Both are light headed. Know no shít.
I know I can't judge with those 2 but pls humor me. Show me one smart and intelligent Ghanian school graduate and i will show u dozens of light headed ones.
The Alumina of the school will help you
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
priceaction:
They have cool structures, i love the environment also. Every building has a lobby and a space for hang outs and partying. I was there last year and was impressed with what i saw, but very expensive too especially to foreigners, as i heard.
One of the reasons why the school can fund itself and has therefore stoped taking Government subventions
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by LordOfNaira: 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
CHARLOE:
By far, but university of GH has better maintenance.
Exactly!!!
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by iamord(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
ehispapa:

Yeah you are right.
cheesy youre the butt of jokes now!
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
Next infrastructure to be upgraded on the university campus is
The Noguchi Institute of Medical Research and
The School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences and thier Nuclear reactors

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by virophage101: 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
I use to think ghanians are black grin
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by iamord(m): 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
emeka1101:
Most Nigerians attend private universities in Ghana. Its not easy to get admission into Public Universities in Ghana.You need a single digit aggregate in wassce to gain admission into University of Ghana for instance. So you see the difference now? Most of the private universities in Ghana are just into money making business. They don't care about your aggregate, so far as you have aggregate 24 or below they admit you.
i can put my money on the likes of ashesi.. if you are there to play they will flush u out.. another good school is the regional maritime university.. am so pleased to see the medical school completed.. and i heard thats just the first phase

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by iamord(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
Just30:
Next infrastructure to be upgraded on the university campus is
The Noguchi Institute of Medical Research and
The School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences and thier Nuclear reactors
pls do u know where i can get info on these projects..?
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
columbus007:
how?.

It's similar to saying the car you choose to drive doesn't matter , what matters is the skill of the driver
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by aldexrio(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mememan:
undecided

Best wetin

Who are the idîots that did the rating

On what grounds did they do the ratings

Rubbish!
Dude stop hating. Check out the facilities they have. It should rate as one of the best
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by philemonemenike(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
don't be surprise it can be own by a Nigeria man. think twice.....
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
iamord:
i can put my money on the likes of ashesi.. if you are there to play they will flush u out.. another good school is the regional maritime university.. am so pleased to see the medical school completed.. and i heard thats just the first phase
Ashesi is no joke. For medicine and liberal art and Law , i gave it to Legon. For entrepreneurship and the necessaries of today , i gave it to Ashesi and KNUST.
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Eaglesence: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kingsley1000:
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

Yes ooo!!! I rep University Of Ghana '09
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
To be open for operations this year

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
iamord:
pls do u know where i can get info on these projects..?
From the school Vice Chancellor and the Ministry of education

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by emmasege: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
If Buhari didn't overthrow Shagari in a needless coup in 1983 Nigerian Universities would have been the best in the region...(Please my comments are only meant for deep sincere thinkers who can discern the truth in words I write)
You are very right. I'm reliably informed that he cancelled the continued implementation of OAU master plan. He was quoted thus : "how can this kind of school be in the south". As beautiful as OAU is, it's just one of the three phases in the master plan, as conceived by late Obafemi Awolowo. Successive governments have not helped the situation either as they always play the politics of one university per region whenever they were to do some developmental projects. Anytime such politics is played, two out of the five first generation universities in Nigeria pay for it, usually OAU & UNILAG. Until Nigeria decides to fund massively her flagship universities (UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNN & ABU) and jettison regional politics, the likes of Ghana, Kenya, Uganda etc will always parade world-class universities while we are here fighting for who the king is in the country of the blind.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by kunlegboye(m): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
It's good to have responsible Leaders!
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by scarffield(m): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kingsley1000:
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
who called for an ambulance
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
emmasege:
You are very right. I'm reliably informed that he cancelled the continued implementation of OAU master plan. He was quoted thus : "how can this kind of school be in the south". As beautiful as OAU is, it's just one of the three phases in the master plan, as conceived by late Obafemi Awolowo. Successive governments have not helped the situation either as they always play the politics of one university per region whenever they were to do some developmental projects. Anytime such politics is played, two out of the five first generation universities in Nigeria pay for it, usually OAU & UNILAG. Until Nigeria decides to fund massively her flagship universities (UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNN & ABU) and jettison regional politics, the likes of Ghana, Kenya, Uganda etc will always parade world-class universities while we are here fighting for who the king is in the country of the blind.
True talk, certain things need to be discuss in the national interest. Pretty soon almost every university in Ghana will be stopped from accessing funds from the government as they are deemed highly profitable businesses to sustain themselves. Government of Ghana current focus in on Secondary Schools, Over a hundred Elite schools will be refinanced to their former glory.

The Nigerian government need to rebuild it schools and make sure they can sustain themselves, it shouldn't be watching the infrastructure of public in the state of rot they are in right now.
Also they should remove their claws from the school management process

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by jinxet2000: 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
I scrolled all the way down to find the inventions and business ideas the alma mater have raised but I could see only beautiful structures. If schools are rated on how nice the structures are, many won't go to school.

emeka1101:
Check out some cool pics from the best university in west Africa and the 7th best in Africa.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/best-universities-in-africa-2016

https://www.newsghana.com.gh/university-of-ghana-tops-west-africa-rankings/
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Blue3k(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
Source please and also where are there ranks for various departments. Nice pictures are cool but don't say much.

Where does Engineering program rank, Does it have Rank research program, how's the graduate program etc.
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2017
jinxet2000:
I scrolled all the way down to find the inventions and business ideas the alma mater have raised but I could see only beautiful structures. If schools are rated on how nice the structures are, many won't go to school.

The school is best known for it school of Law, Medicine, Business and the Social Sciences
it has conducted many medical researches and has contributed to many more. It is now a research facility and it host
a lot more research facilities. You have to check their websites
Re: Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa by Just30: 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
Blue3k:
Source please and also where are there ranks for various departments. Nice pictures are cool but don't say much.

Where does Engineering program rank, Does it have Rank research program, how's the graduate program etc.
It does not run and Engineering school, KNUST does.
http://www.orid.ug.edu.gh/annual-research-report

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) / How Going To University Was Like In Those Days (photos) / Marilyn Effanga: I Had Sex With Emmanuel Adooh Egerebu - Covenant University Stu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.