Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? (641 Views)

We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / 20 Hilarious Ways To Test A Girl And See If She’s A Wife Material Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by MiztaNick: 9:57am On Feb 26, 2017
I know a young lady that has been dating a guy for over four years now and before they started dating they both agreed to a no sex before marriage which was even instigated by the guy.

Now they have gotten to the point of marriage and the lady insisted they go for full medical test before the marriage and the guy has refused insisting that it's not necessary.

Being that the guy is very close to the priest of the church parish they attend, she had to present the situation to the priest but the priest supported the man saying is not necessary for a medical test except the lady doesnt trust the man which are true Christian shouldn't go. This has now made the lady uncomfortable and she is beginning to suspect that their might be a hidden issue even the priest might know.

She has made up her mind not to go ahead with any wedding plans if the man isn't ready to take a test and it seems the man is still standing on his ground that he will not.

What do you advise on this?

1 Like

Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by ikbnice(m): 10:01am On Feb 26, 2017
Why is the man refusing to go. It doesn't yake days to do, only few hours.
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by DozieInc(m): 10:05am On Feb 26, 2017
There is no harm in doing a medical test before marriage, infact it is necessary.
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2017
What they should have done long ago
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2017
What kind of medical tests though? Is it for std 's or fertility? Either way she is within her right to know so that we don't have to hear stories that touch after they're married. Being religious has nothing to do with medical issues and it's not about trust. If she is willing then he should be too. I'd tell her to hold her ground!
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 26, 2017
What kind of priest gives such advice?.

They both need to know their HIV status.

Blood group.
Etc.

What are they hiding?.
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Kondomatic(m): 10:18am On Feb 26, 2017
LaylaAli:
What kind of medical tests though? Is it for std 's or fertility? Either way she is within her right to know so that we don't have to hear stories that touch after they're married. Being religious has nothing to do with medical issues and it's not about trust. If she is willing then he should be too. I'd tell her to hold her ground!
There is no religious person in this story.

The guy and the priest are hiding something from the lady.
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by malikombi(m): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2017
If you're AA, you're free but if you're AS, two things are involved
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by firstking01(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2017
It's very so necessaryundecided
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2017
Yeah.....it is very necessary and compulsory....atleast for the sake of the kids.....
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by jworos(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2017
Something smells fishy...
At least genotype test for the future kids.
That was how a friend of mine almost got married to her perfect but infertile fiance.

1 Like

Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by menxer: 10:35am On Feb 26, 2017
In short, they should do medical, spiritual, traditional tests to avoid stories that touch later.

1 Like

Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by slimthugchimee(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2017
what sort of stupid question is that undecided

so on how they have different blood type or have stds undecided
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Nutase: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2017
Hmmmm.. .......trying to understand what is scaring the guy
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
There is no religious person in this story.

The guy and the priest are hiding something from the lady.

I hope she is smart enough to standby her request. It's worrying that the priest wants to emotionally blackmail her into not getting him tested. I wonder what they're hiding?
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Kondomatic(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2017
LaylaAli:

I hope she is smart enough to standby her request. It's worrying that the priest wants to emotionally blackmail her into not getting him tested. I wonder what they're hiding?
Maybe he's living with one STD or the other. They could even be gay partners.

The lady should let go of him if he's not ready to get tested.
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
Maybe he's living with one STD or the other. They could even be gay partners.

The lady should let go of him if he's not ready to get tested.

In this day and age everyone should be tested before they have unprotected sex!

As for the gay priest grin we can't rule that out embarassed
Re: Is Medical Test A Necessity Before Marriage? by chigoizie7(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Wanna Sell I-phone 6 Or S6 EDGE? / A Nairalander Drops A Freestyle Rap Track"uprising" / What Should I Do About Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.