Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage (111443 Views)

RE: We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Justice310: 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
I met him in church one Sunday morning. He sat next to me and I couldn’t help it but recognize the kind of gentleman he was. He was soft spoken and had this shyness on her face anytime he tried to talk to me. During the service, I realized he was finding it uneasy to sing along with the church because he didn’t come along with a hymn book. I shared mine. We both sang from the same hymn book and got closer as the service progressed.

After the last grace was said by the priest and the church dispersed, he turned to me and said thank you. I smiled and asked his name. “I’m Martin,” he said.

“Nice meeting you Martin” I responded. But before I could turn around and leave, he told me;

"Actually, this is my first time being here.” Amid smiles he continued. “and it’s great finding a friend at my first time in church. Do you mind if I called you sometimes?”

We exchanged contacts and left each other’s presence. Truth be told, I was going through the hardest times of my life. The man I’ve dated for about two years just called it quit and I was very devastated. I was nursing my wounds when Martin came along. He kept crossing my mind all week but I resolved not to call him until he does.

He never called until we met in church again the next Sunday. Inwardly, I felt guilty for thinking about him the way I did all week. That’s girlish. But we had another good service together, singing from the same hymn book and making fun under our breath.

After the service, he called when he got home. We started chatting on Whatsapp and grew closer together as the days pass. I shared my story of broken relationships with him and he was kind enough to offer soothing words. He didn’t judge me. He didn’t condemn my actions or sought to give directions as to how I should have handled things. He gained my trust that way and I opened up more.

He told me a little bit about himself. Nothing of note though, but I was happy he was overcoming his shyness. We grew closer and closer until finally, after about six months later, he made it obvious that he wanted us to date.

He didn’t propose to me. I don’t remember him telling me he loved me or wanted to be with me. He loved to act than to use words. We spoke more about it and decided to be in a relationship. He already knew my fears and easily accepted the conditions I laid down for the relationship. I told him; “I don’t want sex now. At least, if it should happen, it should happen after marriage, that is if you have any intention to marry me.” He only nodded and smiled. That day in his room, I remember we had our first kiss.

It was awesome! A lot of things started running through my head. Hey, I wasn’t a nun. I’ve had sex before and kisses this intense usually lead to sex. I remember grabbing him intensely like my whole life depended on him. I was shaking. I wanted something more than the kiss but I held on. He was gentle. The farthest he could go was to hold my head in between his palms, look me in the eyes and kissed intensely. I couldn’t breathe. I gathered the little strength in me and pulled away. I was panting like I’ve been running around for hours. The next words that came out were; “No more kisses until marriage. I mean it.”

For the next two years, we didn’t kiss and we never had sex. The farthest we went was to hold hands, lean on each other and occasionally cuddle. Martin was a good boy and I loved him dearly. We decided to get married after two years of being together. When we started counseling, our pastor wanted to be sure if we’ve had sex before. We had all the pride in us when we answered no. I don’t know if he believed us but we were telling the truth and didn’t care if he did. He only told us to be careful since it’s at this stage that all manner of temptations creep in. We knew our strength. We were sure we could scale above all temptations.

Our marriage arrangement was to have the traditional wedding and then do the church wedding in six months later. We started having troubles. The urge to have sex became greater. After all, we were going to marry so what stops us from having sex? In my mind, I wanted our first sex to be special. I wanted to blow his mind off during our first sex and what better moment to do it than to wait for the honeymoon? this thought kept me going. Two weeks before the traditional marriage, we spent most nights together in the same room and on the same bed. We had a lot of errands and arrangements to do and it was better we stayed together. But sex had a way of creeping into our minds.

I remember one night it turned into a serious scuffle. Martin wanted it. I’ve never seen him so aggressive. He was pushing and struggling with me to allow him to have s*x. To him, we were already married and didn’t see the reason to still cover the cookie. I implored. I fought him. At some point, I wanted to scream. What the pastor said was ringing loud in my ears; “it’s at this stage that all manner of temptations creep in.” Amid threats of screaming and loud prayers, I won and slept in peace. That wasn’t the last. We kept having series of minor fights because of s*x.

Days to the traditional wedding was tough. We could go all day without talking to each other. He was angry and I was angry. S*x was killing the beautiful thing we had together. But we soldiered on.

Finally, we did the traditional wedding. The pastor was there to pray and bless the union. During his sermon, he complimented us for staying chaste all this while and told us to still be strong and keep it till after the church wedding. I could see my husband restless and with a subtle frown.

The night after the traditional wedding we had a fight. Our first fight as husband and wife happened on a night we ought to be happy together. What brought the fight? SEX! Not That I didn’t want to have sex, I wanted to but the time wasn’t right. So I told him; “Didn’t you hear what the pastor said? This is not the real marriage so we can’t have sex. Hold it together. We are only six months away.”

After saying this, my new name was launched; “Madam-We-Can’t-Have-Sex, I hear you but tomorrow, I’ll have s*x somewhere else.” Did you hear what he just called me? Madam-We-Can’t-Have-S*x? At this point, I didn’t care who he would have sex with if only that would make him stay off me till our honeymoon.

For a week, we lived in the same room but talked less to each other. He was always angry with me. What a way to start a married life. I was determined. To me, that was the right thing to do. The church frowns on sex before marriage, not that I also frown on it, I had a different motivation. I wanted the first sex to be unforgettable. I was saving my best for last and for no one but him. So why was he rushing?

Then one night things got worse. Martin came home with a friend. He was too drunk he couldn’t have made it home without the help of his friend. We had spent two arduous months together. I was sad for him. “Is he going through all that because of sex?” I asked myself.

I left him in the coach till he woke up at dawn and came to sleep next to me. He was smelling like a rotten fish. I couldn’t stand it so I woke up, picked a pillow and started walking away to sleep in the coach. He pulled me over and tried forcing himself on me. We’ve been through this tussle over and over again and I always won. I was used to it. This time, something was different. He was stronger and determined.

We struggled and fought for about fifteen minutes. He seemed to get stronger by the minutes while I was losing steam. He managed to tear off my pant and held my two hands apart with his two hands. We were both left with our legs to struggle with. I got tired and realized I couldn’t fight any longer. I kept my calm. He sensed the victory and quickly dashed over to have me. That was when I raised my right knee and unfortunately, my knee caught him in the balls. He fell over and screamed out loud. He suddenly got frozen. I’ve never been scared in my life. I thought I had killed him.

I tried calming him down but he kept whining in pains. Neighbors who heard him screaming started knocking on our door. I rushed to put on a dress and opened up the door. It was very embarrassing seeing neighbors in my room trying to help him regain his calm. After a lot of going up and down, he regained his calm. We were left alone.

The next morning, he packed what he had in the house and left. I didn’t ask him any question. I feared he might hit me. I left to my parent. I kept playing out the incidence in my mind over and over again. I kept asking myself; “Did I take this no sex thing too far.” I believe I did. He never picked my calls for three days. My parent and I went to meet him and his parent to try and resolve the issue but he didn’t listen to a word of what we had to say. All he said was he wanted a divorce. Two weeks later, his parent and other family members came over to dissolve the marriage.

That was it. My marriage lasted for only two and half months. What breaks my heart is the fact that I gave sex to those who didn’t deserve it. They had sex and left anyway. This one—Martin did everything right but I allowed fear to take over my senses. Recently, I heard from another pastor saying that traditional marriage is also marriage and sex is allowed after traditional marriage. If that was true, how stupid could I be? I was married and I didn’t even know it?

Three and half years after our break-up, I attended a wedding—Martin’s wedding with another lady I knew so well. I’m here, still single after six years of our breakup. Guess what, I had a boyfriend. We had sex but the relationship didn’t go well so we broke up. Back to single again.

http://silentbeads.com/not-sex-marriage-destroyed-marriage/#.W5RCDGko80M

68 Likes 19 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by dingbang(m): 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
Actually, some ladies take this no sex before marriage nonsense too far. Ask Linda ikeji, she will tell you. Its just bullshitt. You can't be telling lies, deceiving people and yet now be forming celibate all in the name of marriage. Who are you deceiving?

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

You first

176 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by memories1(f): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
Traditional marriage IS marriage. Every other marriage is a borrowed culture. Having a priest present to bless the union then is good enough. For the sake of legal documents, a court marriage can be added. End of.

602 Likes 43 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
dingbang:
This kyn epistle. Soon I will start charging people for reading their posts

Lol, honestly! This one na night assignment.

I usually do not have an issue with long posts, but not tonight mehn, not tonight.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by 9japrof(m): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
This is only to confirm that babes are confused species...

You gave it to people who didnt deserve it but was forming nonsense when it came to someone who deserved it.

Tell a babe you want to marry her or she kinda figures you are serious with your proposal and she would be forming second Jesus for something all the small small boys for area don do roll count for

569 Likes 34 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
Justice310:

Three and half years after our break-up, I attended a wedding—Martin’s wedding with another lady I knew so well. I’m here, still single after six years of our breakup. Guess what, I had a boyfriend. We had sex but the relationship didn’t go well so we broke up. Back to single again.

Lmfao, marry your pastor na. Shebi he's the head of your marriage. Since you don't know traditional marriage is our own marriage and white wedding was copied from Europe.

464 Likes 28 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by hahahahahaha(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2018
cc Farano, lalasticalala grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by ultimate77(m): 9:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
Who wrote this story again?
ok, tell the person its all lies. pictures or we will not believe it.
in short, i cant take this rubbish from you oP. just come and apologie.

After the last grace was said by the priest and the church dispersed, he turned to me and said thank you. I smiled and asked his name. “I’m Martin,” he said.

Nigga... here it was a catholic church and the Bolded was in charge.

When we started counseling, our pastor wanted to be sure if we’ve had sex before. We had all the pride in us when we answered no. I don’t know if he believed us but we were telling the truth and didn’t care if he did.

when did catholic church start having pastors? Niggga stop this trash make thunder no locate you o.

297 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Agboki: 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
D more reason wey I go always remain a traditionalist,no white wedding 4 my future wives dem no go even tink am.

I don always ask if white man dey do black wedding(traditional marriage).

25 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
If not for the fact that am a mariner and will be having a ceremonial wedding walai, white wedding for no dey my agenda. Traditional marriage (igba nkwu) is the main thing.

Meanwhile, where's my hero NwaAmaikpe and my crush makydiebbie

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by babamadiba(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hisssssssssssssssssss.. mental problem everywhere. It is well o...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by justdogitto: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
As if I care
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Unlimited22: 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
Story for the gods.

7 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by femi4: 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
I will pretend as if I read everything

16 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by ola12(m): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
Who read am? no lie grin grin

11 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Unlimited22: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
femi4:
Lol baba you still dey this nairaland so?
Where's Optional1 your babe?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by okerekeikpo: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
I don't believe in no sex till marriage , if we are dating then we must fucck, I can't waste my money for nothing

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by ola12(m): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
SBL28:

Lol, honestly! This one na night assignment.

I usually do not have an issue with long posts, but not tonight mehn, not tonight.
Asin ehn, if you see d way I jump and pass. No b me abeg, school materials wey I don read don do for 2day

3 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Chizmickey(m): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
I blame buhari for all this, if he was not lifeless, this marriage would have stood

33 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by CSTR1005: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
You didn't know you were already married after the traditional wedding.?
That is what God recognize for Christ sakes undecided

It was not "no sex before marriage "that killed your marriage.

It was not knowing that you were already married that killed your marriage.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by excomarow(m): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by KevMitnick: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
Be 100percent responsible for your life... Don't allow anybody determine how you should live it. My pastor said this, my pastor said that... SMH. Love will be good to you sister, don't give up

13 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by bluefilm: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
Story for the gods.

Tales by the moonlight.

Another male masquerading as a female to spin a totally fake story.

58 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by otherway: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
Foolish lady with foolish mindset.where in the bible is it written that Church marriage is a prequisite for matrimony.

What am I writing sef? This is definitely a fake story.

54 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by LOSKYXANDER: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
Sounds like tales by moonlight

12 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Partnerbiz(f): 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
Fiction

13 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Luckygurl(f): 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
LMAO!!!!!

You play with fire and expect not to get burned.
You were already married traditionally, lived together and yet you still play the no sex game.

What news can be more funny grin grin

People that play by the no sex rule sure do have their limits to help them but here you are living in the same house with a man you're traditionally married to and opening your mouth telling him to wait till you wed in the church...

I no fit laugh abeg grin

28 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by derecho(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
People and lies...Anyways some people go still believe sha...
Just trying hard to promote nonsense.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Willexmania(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
:-/
femi4:
:-/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by femi4: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
Unlimited22:

Lol baba you still dey this nairaland so?
Where's Optional1 your babe?
Ask her Daddy robosky02

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Couple Got Married 32ft Underwater In The Caribbean Sea (Photo) / Girl Rubs Boyfriend's Sperm On Her Face. See Reason / Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Elimination Round 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.