Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency (841 Views)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / Amosun Opens Up: Buhari, Tinubu, And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by sharpden: 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo has said President Muhammadu Buhari-led government has performed creditably well in the areas of fighting corruption and insurgency in the country.

Obasanjo was reacting to the performance of the present government in the last 21 months.

Obasanjo who noted that the government has not performed well on the economy said the Buhari administration has stepped up efforts on the foreign policy segment and gave kudos to the President in the way he has been piloting the affairs of the country.

He stated this in an interview with The Guardian Newspaper at his Hilltop Presidential Mansion in Abeokuta on Friday.

“I don’t know about what is your direction or wrong direction. But what I know is that President Buhari has not disappointed me. From what I know of him and what he has done, he has not disappointed me.

“You can come to whatever conclusion you want to. In my book I said, and that is not running him down; I said he is not strong on the economy and he is not. In fact, I also said he is not strong on foreign affairs, although he has somewhat improved on foreign affairs.

“But in the areas we know he is strong, he is doing his best. He is doing his best in fighting insurgency; he is trying his best in trying to fight corruption. So where you are facing is entirely unto you. You may be facing east or west or north,” he was quoted to have said.

On the issue of youth empowerment, the former President expressed dismay at the absence of commensurate opportunities for the teeming population of young people, pointing out that quite unlike during his own time when there was only one university, there are more than 150 universities in the country.

“I pity the youths, they have more facilities than in my time, but they lack opportunities. What we need is to create more opportunities,” he added, recalling that when he left secondary school, he got employment offers from five establishments, including a teaching job.

The former President also clarified his position on the issue of zoning of the presidency to the Southeast in 2019, pointing out that it was merely a passing allusion to the underlying factors that give rise to agitations leading to the Southern Kaduna crisis.

He stated: “The Christian Association of Nigeria, (CAN) Abeokuta chapter, came to meet me about the situation in Southern Kaduna. Before then, I had been briefed by the governor (of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir El-Rufai), Bishop (Matthew Hassan) Kukah, General (Martin Luther) Agwai (retd), who hail from the area.

“So I gave them my own understanding of the situation. I said the Southern Kaduna issue is historical, cultural, religious and political. That if you want to resolve the issue, you now take all these issues together. And I said, the problem is that when we fail to attend to what is important at the time that we should attend to it and then it boomerangs on our face, we don’t have anybody to blame.

“I said here in Ogun State, we have a bit of Southern Kaduna problem. I said since Ogun State was created, we have had four elected governors. We have three senatorial districts, East, West and Central; it (the governorship) has rotated between East and Central.

And I said the West has not produced the governor, I don’t know when you will get there, but if you don’t get there when you should get there and the West decides to go into agitation, you have yourself to blame,” Obasanjo added.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/02/obasanjo-thumbs-up-buhari-on-fight-against-corruption-insurgency/
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by sarrki(m): 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
Only a enemies of state will not support pmb

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by sarrki(m): 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
Baba Obj is an elder statesman he will always be with the masses

Only traitors will see buhari as not performing

Pdp destroyed the nation for 16 years

You expected him to repair it in a day

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by sharpden: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
You mean our vegetable-state president?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by OLADD: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
Africa is backward and it will remain so for quite a while because its leaders choose to speak from both sides of their mouths. Economy is the fulcrum of any nation and when a ruler fails economically, he has failed in everything. Economy affects the family, politics, security, religion and entire sociocultural landscape. If the economy is bad, it engineers corruption and insecurity(insurgency, armed robbery, kidnapping, ritualism etc), When the economy is in comatose politicians manipulate the unsuspecting populace to ease themselves into offices. In a nutshell, having scored abysmally low in economy Buhari is a complete failure. At this stage of his life, Obasanjo should stop sugarcoating his words.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by OLADD: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
sarrki:

But PMB is his own number one enemy.
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by Nateben(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Xcuse me??

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Final.
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by Chikelue2000(m): 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
Birds of. D same feathers

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by Chikelue2000(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
OLADD:
Africa is backward and it will remain so for quite a while because its leaders choose to speak from both sides of their mouths. Economy is the fulcrum of any nation and when a ruler fails economically, he has failed in everything. Economy affects the family, politics, security, religion and entire sociocultural landscape. If the economy is bad, it engineers corruption and insecurity(insurgency, armed robbery, kidnapping, ritualism etc), When the economy is in comatose politicians manipulate the unsuspecting populace to ease themselves into offices. In a nutshell, having scored abysmally low in economy Buhari is a complete failure. At this stage of his life, Obasanjo should stop sugarcoating his words.
3 gbosa for u my man

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by LAFO: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
issokie sir

rubbish of the highest order
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by sarrki(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
OLADD:

Just thank God we have baba at the helm of affairs of this nation.
The damaged caused by your hero according to Goldman Sachs and other reputable economic analyst shows that it will take 5 decades to cleanse the system of what your hero caused.

So speaking big big grammar is not the issue

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by OLADD: 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
sarrki:

The damaged caused by your hero according to Goldman Sachs and other reputable economic analyst shows that it will take 5 decades to cleanse the system of what your hero caused.

Exchanging banters with you is sheer waste of time. I don't know where you scooped your so called economic rating but the whole world is unanimous in thumbing down Buhari's economic misadventure in the last 19 months. The greatest political mistake ever made in our nationhood is the election of Buhari as president. The man is only good enough for a local councilor.
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by able20(m): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Obasanjo wayo man, when buhari was visible you did not stand with him, now that he is invisible he stand for his ghost

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by Vision4God: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
Obj have come again o
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by Nobody: 5:13am On Feb 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by TPAND(f): 5:15am On Feb 27, 2017
Obasanjo knows Buhari is another Umaru in the waiting. Thats why he is openly bad-mouthing Bubu's government.

Well Nigerians that voted a certificateless empty-head and except the type of result of Albert Einstein. #Kolewerk. Buhari is a typical septuagenarian dunce.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by anonimi: 5:34am On Feb 27, 2017
sarrki:

Goldman Sachs and economic analysts fabricated at Bourdillon via The Nation newspapers grin
Below are samples of the real deal on Ebola Owu's worse corruption:

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

Nigeria's Obasanjo, his Untouchables, and the $16 Billion Power Scam

More from: http://www.africaundisguised.com/newsportal/story/nigerias-obasanjo-his-untouchables-and-16-billion-power-scam

Keep away from Obasanjo, he wasted $16 billion on power Owie tells Buhari

Senator Roland Owie has blasted ex Pres­ident Olusegun Obasanjo over his perceived posture to influence the incoming administration of President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

Reacting to a Think-tank report submitted to Buhari by a team of technocrats put together by Obasanjo, Owie described the document as needless.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday, Owie, who is also a former Chief Whip of the Senate, asked: ”How can Obasanjo be preparing a blueprint for Buhari? A Bini parable says, ‘how can an impotent man get medicine for his brother, who suffers weak erection?’”

Expressing disappointment at Buhari’s romance with Obasanjo, Owie said “Obasanjo will tell the world that the solutions he prescribed for fixing Nigeria were ignored.”

Continuing he said, “I just read that Obasanjo’s think-tank has submitted a blueprint to Buhari. Blue what?

“I am shocked that great Nigerians of the likes of Prof. Akin Mabogunje, Dr. Idika Kalu and Dr. Christopher Kolade were involved. That Obasanjo is linked to the blue-print, it will be a document of blackmail to Buhari very soon.

“Wonders will never end! How can Obasanjo who allegedly wasted eight years in government pursuing perceived enemies, and tried to ruin the legislative and judiciary arms of government in Nigeria; wasted $16 billion on power and not a single kilowatt of energy was produced, destroyed Aladja Steel, Itakpe Steel, Ajaokuta Steel, NITEL, just to mention a few FGN parastatals, now begin to advise Buhari?

“How can Obasanjo, whose government received, in one year, a revenue equivalent of the total revenue that IBB regime received in eight years, yet, nothing to show for it, be handing over blue-print to the in-coming administration?

More from: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/keep-away-from-obasanjo-he-wasted-16-billion-on-power-owie-tells-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by anonimi: 5:36am On Feb 27, 2017
TPAND:
Obasanjo knows Buhari is another Umaru in the waiting. Thats why he is openly bad-mouthing Bubu's government.

Well Nigerians that voted a certificateless empty-head and except the type of result of Albert Einstein. #Kolewerk. Buhari is a typical septuagenarian dunce.

See finishing. grin shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3780335_mugabe_jpegb6d6da38e8b22a0fc4198629955fb6f1

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by anonimi: 5:41am On Feb 27, 2017
sarrki:

And your Agbaya of Ota was in charge for half/ 50% of those years while all the worst elements of that period have found themselves in the warm embrace of their fellow looters in the Association of ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

Obasanjo shared $74million Halliburton bribe, Okiro Panel says: • OBJ also pocketed another $5 million with PDP • Interim Panel report disappeared in Aso Rock
MAY 18, 2010

President Olusegun Obasanjo, who led Nigeria from 1999-2000, during which time he swore to fight corruption in the country, obtained considerable helpings of the infamous Haliburton bribe money, the Special Investigation Panel headed by Inspector-General of Police, Mike Okiro, has declared in an interim report.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2010/05/18/obasanjo-shared-74million-halliburton-bribe-okiro-panel-says-%E2%80%A2-obj-also-pocketed-another

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 27, 2017
sarrki:

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by juman(m): 6:05am On Feb 27, 2017
I dislike obj totally, he wasted precious opportunity to project nigeria to greater height.
Re: Obasanjo Thumbs Up Buhari On Fight Against Corruption, Insurgency by GenBloodykiIler: 6:14am On Feb 27, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

[/s]
Obasanjo is a useless monkey cum traitor and will always be the chief looter

only bastards Illiterate English slayers and shameless zombie trolls sees Buhari as performer

apc destroyed and buried the nation for just 2 years (still accommodating the old pdp members)

you expect him (buhari) to perform when it's obvious that he's a useless vagabond kunu drinking bastard old hag vegetable

kiss the truth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amnesty International Want Nigerian Military To Remove Tanks In The South East / Why Binta Must Dismiss All Expect One Charge----IPOB / Lets Do Some Photo Forensic And Put Pmb's Age Controversies At Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.