Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die (2893 Views)

Man In Tears As His Girlfriend Rejects His Proposal In Public / Bride In Tears As Husband Cancels Wedding A Day To The Wedding / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by ibibiofirstlady(f): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
A lungfish believed to have been the longest-living aquarium fish has been put down due to failing health.

The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago said the fish, in his 90s, was euthanised after losing interest in food and showing signs of organ failure.

Granddad, who weighed 11kg (24lbs), had been seen by more than 100 million people since arriving in Chicago from his native Australia in 1933.

He died at 93 or possibly beyond the century mark.

A Shedd spokeswoman admitted Granddad's exact age was unknown, but that he was believed to be in his mid-90s.

Lungfish, which can live to be more than 100 years old and are a protected species in Australia, have existed for nearly 400 million years and fossils show they have remained unchanged for more than 100 million years.

They are native to two rivers in Queensland, have a single primitive lung and are among the few fish that can breathe air.

Shedd Aquarium president Bridget Coughlin announced his death: "For a fish who spent much of his time imitating a fallen log, he sparked curiosity, excitement and wonder among guests of all ages who would hear his story and learn about the incredible biology that makes his species a living fossil and one of the oldest living vertebrate genera on the planet."

PALMCHAT NEWS

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Tears over a fish though. Lol wow.
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by koolet: 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
I trust Nigerians the fish would have made a good pepper soup

6 Likes

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by newyorks(m): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
crying as in how?say na pesin mama or papa me no understand oh.

1 Like

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by decatalyst(m): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
koolet:

Walahi!

In this recession nah eim some people dey keep fish inside confinement?

Trust the pepper soup would make sense with a chilled drink grin

1 Like

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by topearos(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Tears over a fish

2 Likes

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Horlawoomey(m): 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2017
RIP Grandad.

On a more serious note, a fish weighing 11kg has an ample amount of pepper soup flesh in a Nigerian concept, just give me the head.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by dacovajnr: 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2017
koolet:
Since that 1930 sef
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sorry for your loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Lastking147(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
Lool I trust my fellow Nigerians
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by VickyRotex(f): 9:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
Oh My!!! Let me join cry cry cry cry cry cry cry RIP Granddad! cry cry cry
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by DeKen: 2:21am On Feb 27, 2017
That fish is older than almost everyone on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Rukkydelta(f): 2:40am On Feb 27, 2017
R I P Fish grin
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 27, 2017
Why grandad .. *sobs*
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by megareal: 11:58am On Feb 27, 2017
Why are they crying over a dead fish? undecided

And to think the fish don old sef o.

No be even baby fish sef.

Ok, make I join cry. cry

1 Like

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Fernandowski(m): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
megareal:
Why are they crying over a dead fish? undecided
And to think the fish don old sef o.
No be even baby fish sef.
Ok, make I join cry. cry
e tire me
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by darbeelicous(f): 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
hmmmm..... Head of fish.... My favorite!!! We will share it abi?
Horlawoomey:
RIP Grandad.

On a more serious note, a fish weighing 11kg has an ample amount of pepper soup flesh in a Nigerian concept, just give me the head.
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
RIP.
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by philGeo(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
What are humans turning into? Cry because of common fish, but can bomb and kill your fellow?
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Horlawoomey(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
darbeelicous:
hmmmm..... Head of fish.... My favorite!!! We will share it abi?

I use to think I am the only human that like fish head, welcome to the table darbee. Bring a knife and fork with you.
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by darbeelicous(f): 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
knife and fork?? Na hand win am o wink wink
Horlawoomey:

I use to think I am the only human that like fish head, welcome to the table darbee. Bring a knife and fork with you.
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by Horlawoomey(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
darbeelicous:
knife and fork?? Na hand win am o wink wink

Don't mind me, I just dey form butty before, the ✋ does it better
Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by AceDomino(m): 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
Who come dey shed tears?

Re: Tears As World Oldest Aquarium Fish Die by darbeelicous(f): 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
yes o... That moment when u dig in and extract all the juicy flesh and suck the liquid from the bones!!
The feeling wink.
Horlawoomey:

Don't mind me, I just dey form butty before, the ✋ does it better

(1) (Reply)

If I Say He Has A Small Penïs, Is It An Insult To Him? / LADIES, COME IN HERE AND SEE SOMETHING YOU'LD LOVE (pics) / Advice Needed: I Feel Like Am Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.