Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) (41421 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano / Protesting Passengers Block Arik Air Flight At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2009
This is another EAS Aircraft. This is Bucuresti Rombac 1-11-561RC One-Eleven Aircraft.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
The same aircraft as above.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by FlyinNaija: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2009
The problems with nigerian aviaition:
1. Government parastatals - CORRUPTION
2. Airlines - There is are only a couple of airlines in Nigeria that were set up with the aim of providing long term quality air transport service to the public. Most were set up for quick profit, which is not sustainable.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2009
Corruption is the real problem in the aviation sector. As already stated, the operators of these airlines, did so with the intention of reaping quick profit and it backfired on many of them.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 10:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
This is another sharp-sharp defunct carrier in Nigeria. This particular aircraft belongs to Easy Link Aviation. The brand is Let-L-410UVP-E Turbolet Aircraft

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2009
Easy Link Aviation aircraft is parked at General Aviation area at Abuja, after the company lost its operating licence in Nigeria. The other 3 aircrafts lie abandoned in other area in Abuja.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:04pm On Dec 13, 2009
This is Presidential Aircraft in Nigeria. It is a Boeing 727-2N6/Adv (RE) Super 27 Aircraft.

The funny aspect of this aircraft is that, it was bought by President Shehu Shagari and he never flew in the aircraft, before coup of 1985 removed him from office.

Aside, when the federal government ordered the ban of aircrafts above 22 years (if I am not wrong), the same aircraft was affected. People waited to see if this
same aircraft will be flown, even with the existence of the law.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2009
This is another defunct Airline in Nigeria. This is Fresh Air. It is directly owned by Captain Augustine Okon (one time Managing Director of ADC Airlines). It was when he had disagreement with the other directors of ADC Airlines, that he left them to establish Fresh Air (though he did not directly involve himself in day-to-day management. The cause of the disagreement is because of greed by the current ADC Airlines management.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by THEAMAKA1: 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2009
OMG!!! THANKS FOR THE PICTURES.
IM AN AVIATION FREAK!!  grin grin grin
loving all the pics of the planes and such.
my favorite aircrafts
747 and 777 series.
smiley

*never fly chanchangi airlines, they suck!* tongue
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

OMG!!! THANKS FOR THE PICTURES.
IM AN AVIATION FREAK!! grin grin grin
loving all the pics of the planes and such.
my favorite aircrafts
747 and 777 series.
smiley

Thanks THE.AMAKA.

Another picture of FRESH AIR.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2009
I want to finish the history of Airlines in Nigeria before going to that section. Thanks THE.AMAKA
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by hackney(m): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ poster: this is a very welcome achievement.

@redsun:  I used to have a similar opinion to you about our maintenance culture untill my in-law flew aero contractors from ABJ .
Now, My in-law is so critical of the standards in naija that i think its a miracle that he flew internally in naija.
Now he sings ; aero aero aero.

Airlines like aero contractors and arik air are actually very good (maybe world) standard as far as mechanical integrity of the air planes are concerned.(and na oyibo dey look after those areas)

Other than aero contractors , arik air and then virgin naija , not sure i will fly any other lines sha.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2009
Chanchangi used to be a very good airline especially when ADC Airlines collapsed. It was when the man handed the airline to his useless children, everything collapsed. You will not believe it, they do not bank their money. All the sales in all their outlets are sent to their head office in Kaduna. Ask any of their sales staff, and you will be surprised what they are doing there. The airline sucks really.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2009
hackney:

@ poster: this is a very welcome achievement.

@redsun:  I used to have a similar opinion to you about our maintenance culture untill my in-law flew aero contractors from ABJ .
Now, My in-law is so critical of the standards in naija that i think its a miracle that he flew internally in naija.
Now he sings ; aero aero aero.

Airlines like aero contractors and arik air are actually very good (maybe world) standard as far as mechanical integrity of the air planes are concerned.(and na oyibo dey look after those areas)

Other than aero contractors , arik air and then virgin naija , not sure i will fly any other lines sha.

I am not surprised people are praising Aero, Arik, and Virgin Nigeria (Now Nigerian Eagle). Those are world class airlines in this country. Others are waiting for their time to join the history book of defunct airlines in Nigeria.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
Another of FRESH AIR's aircraft.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2009
This is another defunct airline. GENERAL AVIATION SERVICE (GAS AIRLINE)

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2009
This is the property of RIVERS STATE OF NIGERIA. It Embraer EMB-135BJ Legacy Aircraft.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by thejonny09(m): 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2009
On Saturday 12-12-09 in CNN Richard Quest Traveler show, they shown how some guys are buying old aircraft cut off their parts and use them for furniture like bed, reception desk, office desk etc. Okada Air is the man dead, how about his family; they should sell off those aircraft and make fortune from it rather than wastage.

@ selingel and enjoyment1 thanks for this brief and informed aviation pictures you guys really have passion for it. What is wrong with Chanchangi?
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2009
This Airline is still functional, but whether it is still making profit is another thing.

thejonny09:

On Saturday 12-12-09 in CNN Richard Quest Traveler show, they shown how some guys are buying old aircraft cut off their parts and use them for furniture like bed, reception desk, office desk etc. Okada Air is the man dead, how about his family; they should sell off those aircraft and make fortune from it rather than wastage.

@ selingel and enjoyment1 thanks for this brief and informed aviation pictures you guys really have passion for it. What is wrong with Chanchangi?

Thanks Dear. Chanchangi is really dieing as a result of family invasion, and nonchallant attitude of the present management. They are owing their staff so much, yet, they are making so much too.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:50pm On Dec 13, 2009
This is IRS Airline.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2009
IRS uses Fokker (F-28-0100) Aircraft.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 11:55pm On Dec 13, 2009
Another of their aircrafts, but this one is Embraer EMB-145LR (ERJ-145LR) Aircraft

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:01am On Dec 14, 2009
IRS Airline

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:09am On Dec 14, 2009
IRS leases this particular aircraft from The Government of Bauchi State. It was originally purchased by the state for official use for one of its former governors.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:18am On Dec 14, 2009
This is the family of Nigerian Airforce (NAF)

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by mamagee3(f): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2009
I hope no one dies of Plane Crash. tongue
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:26am On Dec 14, 2009
This Nigerian Airforce Lockheed C-130H Hercules (L-382) Aircraft. This plane is owned and flown by Nigerians.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 12:26am On Dec 14, 2009
wow, wow, wow. i am finally in love with his travel thread. how can we have a travel thread without info on airplanes. i am loving this.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:30am On Dec 14, 2009
Another NAF Aircraft. Owned by Nigeria.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2009
Another NAF Aircraft

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 12:34am On Dec 14, 2009
And yes, its very sad to see okada air in ruins. okada was operating flights to amsterdam, heathrow, paris and US in the hey days. the carcass of rotting planes in benin airport is indeed a sad commentary about the average nigerian businesses which start and end with the founder.
they had so many planes , if it were properly managed by now would have become a global player. and that festac logo on their planes is beautiful. sad!
do fokker airplanes have thrust reversers? IRS landings has always been very quiet though but most times i have hearing problems when i fly in those aircrafts. seems to me they have pressurization issues.
please more pics in please!!!!!!!
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:37am On Dec 14, 2009
This is yet another defunct airline in Nigeria. This airline, actually bought over an existing airline in Nigeria, yet, could not survive. The aircraft is permanently stored, waiting for scrap man!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagosians Use Faeces To Put Out Fire On Road, Poo Truck Explodes (Video) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport / Nigerian Man Found Barely Alive In Landing Gear Of Algeria Flight To Paris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.