Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,679 members, 7,844,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) (41419 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano / Protesting Passengers Block Arik Air Flight At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:41am On Dec 14, 2009
Nicon Airways belongs to Nicon group of companies, owners of NICON Insurance, NICON farm etc.

igbogolo:

And yes, its very sad to see okada air in ruins. okada was operating flights to amsterdam, heathrow, paris and US in the hey days. the carcass of rotting planes in benin airport is indeed a sad commentary about the average nigerian businesses which start and end with the founder.
they had so many planes , if it were properly managed by now would have become a global player. and that festac logo on their planes is beautiful. sad!
do fokker airplanes have exert reversers? IRS landings has always been very quiet though but most times i have hearing problems when i fly in those aircrafts. seems to me they have pressurization issues.
please more pics in please!!!!!!!

You are not the one that have hearing problem when flying with IRS. I wonder why thier case is different.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 12:42am On Dec 14, 2009
the engines in the nicon aircraft are gone. gone are the EAS/Nicon airlines glory days. nicon airways was operating the only daly service from lagos to jos. they were God at that time with the entire state and airport at their mercy. sad that jimoh could not resuscitate the airline. i still think they have the most mature and experienced pilots in nigeria followed by chanchangi airlines.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by becomrich15: 12:43am On Dec 14, 2009
The reason all this airline crash is because of Nigeria bad government policy.

You can see what they have done in the banking sector. They went out to destroy people business. What normal government would do that in any part of the world. If anybody makes sure policy over here, they would take them to do psychological evaluation
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 12:46am On Dec 14, 2009
really? wow. u have problems with hearing after flying IRS too? strange.

the last time i flew them in 2004 or so , it was so bad i did not go to work the next monday. my ears eventually 'popped' the following day almost when i was convinced i had gone deaf. poured almost a bottle of baby oil in my ear in the process. and in most cases like 5 mins into lagos, the plane always goes into an uncontrolled dip shortly before the landing gear is released. meen , i have not flown IRS since but their landings are always quiet sha ooo. i will definitely visit the airports with my camera the next time. wow.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:48am On Dec 14, 2009
This is for The Nigerian Police Force. I hope the state of the Helicopter is not like NPF that we know.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 12:51am On Dec 14, 2009
hmmm, this helicopter blades look like freddies knife claws. this thing is a sick machine that can kill people ooo. where did they get this scrap from? which police officer will fly this chopper? my hand no dey am ooo
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:52am On Dec 14, 2009
Now is the turn of Nigerian Airways.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:55am On Dec 14, 2009
A310 Nigeria Airways.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:57am On Dec 14, 2009
Nigeria Airways

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 12:58am On Dec 14, 2009
chei dont we have an environmental minister. what vulture ate that plane like that into pieces? Hiss!!!!!!
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:59am On Dec 14, 2009
Nigerian Airways DC-10 Aircraft afar with broken tail.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:04am On Dec 14, 2009
Nigerian Airways aircraft 5n-AAK. This aircraft was written off on 6th November 1967 in Biafra whilst operating with the Biafran Air force. It was destroyed during raid by L-29 aircraft.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:06am On Dec 14, 2009
A new grave yard at the Lagos Airport.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:09am On Dec 14, 2009
Now the turn of Nigerian College of Aviation Technology.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:10am On Dec 14, 2009
Another of their aircrafts

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 1:11am On Dec 14, 2009
those earthing wires look funny. they look like rag tags. LOL
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:12am On Dec 14, 2009
Another set

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:17am On Dec 14, 2009
The New face of Virgin Nigeria (Now Nigerian Eagle)

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:19am On Dec 14, 2009
Nigerian Eagle

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:21am On Dec 14, 2009
Federal Government of Nigeria aircraft for Border Patrol

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:26am On Dec 14, 2009
Nigerian National Corporation of Nigeria (NNPC)

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:29am On Dec 14, 2009
Slok Air belongs to Orji Uzor Kalu. A very controversial and politicla airline. The man might have brought in the aircraft to proof a point, but the government of the day was ready to frustrate the man to the end. This is one airline Ribadu made sure never operated in Nigeria, until it later moved its head quarter to Gambia as their national carrirer.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:32am On Dec 14, 2009
The airline provided jobs to many, but OBJ and Ribadu frustrated the man using Federal agencies to kill Kalu's effort. The aircrafts were many. So, they easily moved to Gambia.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:33am On Dec 14, 2009
Sosoliso. This is the airline I regard as the worst in the history of aviation in Nigeria.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:35am On Dec 14, 2009
They operate DC-9 aircrafts. Bimbo Odukoya died in their plane crash.

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 1:37am On Dec 14, 2009
i think that nigerian eagles logo is beautiful. can someone help me remind virgin nigeria to change their website too

slok has ceased operations in gambia. what happened to their president by the way?
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:38am On Dec 14, 2009
Another of their aircrafts

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:40am On Dec 14, 2009
The history of Nigeria airlines and aviation is full of tears and frustration. Many of these airlines would have still been flying. The most pathetic is Okada Air.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 1:42am On Dec 14, 2009
I will be right back with the pictures of these of Nigerian airlines, both dead and alive.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Otobroto(f): 1:47am On Dec 14, 2009
selingel:

The history of Nigeria airlines and aviation is full of tears and frustration. Many of these airlines would have still been flying. The most pathetic is Okada Air.

I really see bad government policies as the main reason why these airlines failed, aside bad management.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by igbogolo: 1:49am On Dec 14, 2009
wow, wow, wow. sosoliso's ROSE OF ENUGU!
the first and the most cranky plane in its fleet. so sad it killed those kids and led to the demise of the airline.
learnt that the accident bureau blamed weather for the crash.
issue now is would this airline be able to get up again?

the owner really had plans i must say. sosoliso single handedly made the lagos enugu-oweri routes and developed them when other airlines were only interested in lag-abv-phc routes. his last plane, called in God we trust was just freshly delivered before the crash. sad! all his planes has since been sold.

has the airline paid compensation by the way> have not heard much from that angle since. sosoliso is one airline i miss. am sure our former minister frank nweke feels the same way too.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Enjoyment1(f): 1:51am On Dec 14, 2009
Apart from that listed above, pull him down syndrome is also noticed here, else, why did OBJ and Ribadu forced Slok Air out of Nigeria. That is why I always say it, Ribadu was worst than the devil during his reign. More truth will come out about this evil genus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagosians Use Faeces To Put Out Fire On Road, Poo Truck Explodes (Video) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport / Nigerian Man Found Barely Alive In Landing Gear Of Algeria Flight To Paris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.