Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 (1705 Views)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 4 / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 10:58am On Feb 27, 2017
Good Morning,

We are back again for the continuation of the tribunal defense of the second respondent (Obaseki) at the Edo State election petition Tribunal.

In case you missed the day 1 of the Obaseki Defense.
https://www.nairaland.com/3645499/edo-governorship-election-tribunal-updates

Stayed tuned for more updates........

engineerboat
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 11:00am On Feb 27, 2017
After all formal introduction from all parties which is a usual ritual before deliberations, counsel to Obaseki Ken Mozia (SAN) took the floor and introduced A. Owonikoko (SAN) to handle proceedings on behalf of the 2nd respondent.

The 1st subpoenaed witness Mr. Walter Jude, a student from Ikpoba Okha LGA mounted the box and he is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 142(3).

It was the turn of the counsel to INEC to cross examine the witness, when asked if he knew one Mr.Osa's Osakpolor who functioned as PDP ward collation officer he said he doesn't know him neither did he see any ward collation officer in his polling unit.

When it was time for Ferdinand Orbih (SAN) ,counsel to PDP to quiz the witness he contradicted his early statement on oath by telling the court that he saw a PDP Ward collation officer in his polling unit.
Furthermore, when he was asked the meaning of simultaneous ,the witness said it's when accreditation and voting are done once, asked if whether the latter can be done before the first which is voting before accreditation, he said it can be done like that also.

The court erupted in laughter!
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 11:20am On Feb 27, 2017
The 2nd subpoenaed witness Mrs Juliet Oru, a businesswoman who resides at 123, Oba Akenzua way Ologbo, Ikpoba/Okha LGA mounted the box and she is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 142(5).

The counsel to INEC commenced cross examination by asking the witness, if everyone got duly accredited and voted she replied by saying Yes.

When it was now time for Ferdinand Orbih (SAN) ,counsel to PDP to quiz the witness he told Mrs Juliet Oru that in her desposition she wrote that she doesn't know the PDP ward collation officer (PW26) ,do you still stand by that statement?

he continued while the witness replied Yes.

Orbih (SAN) asked she be showed exhibits PO 322(5) and PO 145(5) which were form EC8A and voter register respectively, he added look at that document the total amount of accredited voter is 203 on form EC8A and signed by you, in order to confirm ,she counted and the figure she arrived at was 221 accredited voters.

My question is ,Where are the remaining 18 accredited voters?
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 11:34am On Feb 27, 2017
The 3rd subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Nnapia Victor, a pensioner who resides at 13 Alohan street off Dumez road, Ikpoba/Okha LGA just mounted the box and he is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 318(1).

He claimed to not to have seen the PDP ward collation officer in his polling unit on the day of the election and at the same time doesn't even know him at all.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by bishopkay: 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
We dey follow! Godfatherism in Edo state isn't allowed.

Obaseki must go the Osumbo way

1 Like

Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by dukie25: 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
Obaseki is Oshiomhole MII.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 1:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
The 4th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent , Mr. Saturday Igie, who resides at 8 Obugie street off Eweka ,Oka 4 ,Ikpoba/Okha LGA mounted the box and he is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 140(20).

During cross examination the witness by Ferdinand Orbih (SAN) was asked if he stated in his desposition, the procedure for voting ,he said Yes.

To confirm again, he was asked if he stated everything in that paragraph, he also replied Yes.

In a bid to get the facts right, Orbih (SAN) said and I quote " I put it to you that you never wrote that when there are tickings to the left or right hand side of the voters register it signifies accreditation and voting" in the witness response he had this to say "Whether you tick to the right or left ,it's called accreditation" ,the panel of judges were amazed!

Was it stated in your deposition? the PDP counsel. asked and the witness said anything about ticking wasn't near my desposition.
Finally, Counsel to the petitioner asked if he saw the deposition of the PDP polling unit agent labelled PW26, he answered Yes.

The counsel pointed out that he waited for the evidence of the PW26 before giving your desposition, he sluggishly responded, No.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by TippyTop(m): 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
Oshiomhole's second name is Obaseki, one and the same person.
Just waiting for Obaseki to travel abroad and bring his own "Iara"

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
The 5th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Okokoni Pius, a businessman who resides at aduwawa ,Ikpoba/Okha LGA just mounted the box and he is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 133(15).

Ferdinand Orbih (SAN) referred the witness to Exhibit PO 133(15) in his desposition which is the voters register, page 1 ,item 3 , he asked if there is only 1 ticking to the left and the witness replied Yes. That means the voter was accredited but never voted.

Now go to page 12 ,all the tickings there are to the left, Chief Orbih (SAN) asked, the witness answered Yes.

Counsel to PDP to the witness, look at the boxes at the bottom right of the photographs on voters register, do you know what it stands for? No ,I don't, the witness replied.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
The 6th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Felix Enoha a farmer who resides at Orua town in Uhunwonde LGA mounted the box and he is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 367(1) and PO 338(1).

During cross examination by the 3rd respondent (APC), it was discovered that there was neither tickings on the right or left but on the photographs of voters, which is rather very weird.

Counsel to the petitioner Chief Ferdinand Orbih (SAN), asked the witness to your understanding are the tickings on the right or left for decoration?

Witness- No sir but I don't know if it's for decoration.

Counsel to PDP- If the accreditation and voter's boxes isn't ticked it means the voter didn't vote?

Witness - Yes.

My Lord no further questions, the judge quickly discharged the dull obaseki witness.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
The 7th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Osahon Ederaro, a job seeker who resides at 6, Asuen street, Benin city, Oredo LGA just mounted the box and he is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 338(2) and PO 367(2).

Chief Ferdinand Orbih (SAN), told the witness to look at exhibit 367(2) which is form EC8A ,there are 8 columns on the top, now do you agree with me that every ballot paper was accounted for?

The witness answered by saying, I don't know Sir.

Counsel to the PDP - Now take a good look at exhibit 367(2) column 3, Total ballot papers issued was 464 ,Unused ballot papers 221, Used ballot papers 242, when you add Used to Unused ballot papers it amounts to how many?

The witness replied, I am not that good in calculation ,I don't know.

Jokingly, Chief Orbih (SAN) told the witness ,you will be looking for a job for a very long time since you can't add this simple mathematics, the court stormed into laughter.

Witness, kindly take a look at exhibit PO 338(2), please confirm that the numbers of accredited voters can only be gotten by counting tickings to the left on the voters register, do you agree?

Witness- I don't know my Lord, that question should be directed to the INEC official
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
The 8th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Edosa Iyayi, a businessman from Oredo LGA was cross examined with exhibit PO 169(4).

Chief Ferdinand Orbih (SAN) to witness, look at exhibit 169(4) please confirm that there is no signature on the form EC8A INEC CTC

Witness - Yes no signature.

Counsel to the PDP - Again ,look at exhibit 2RO 37, first of all you agree with me that there is no INEC stamp on that document.

Witness- I can't see any.

Counsel - Now do you still stand by your desposition that you and your counterpart from the PDP who you were both polling unit agents signed your result?

Witness - Yes.

Contradiction and lying on oath.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2017
Tribunal On break, to be resumed back by 3pm.

stay tuned
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
The 9th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Airihenbuwa Iziegbe, a student and partial farmer from Uhunmwonde LGA will be cross examined with exhibit PO 169(5), PO 340(5).

Chief Ferdinand Orbih (SAN) calls on K.K Eleja (SAN) to take over cross examination on behalf of the petitioner.

The witness was asked by K.K Eleja (SAN) if he was trained, he said Yes.

Was the manual for 2016 election brought to your attention in the course of your training?, K.K Eleja (SAN) added. But the court was shocked when the witness said No!
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
The 10th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Hamington Osa functioned as a ward collation officer for APC, he is a politician who resides at 10 Market road, Ehor, Uhunmwonde LGA was cross examined with exhibit PO 16(5), PO 33(5)

Through out his cross examination by K.K Eleja (SAN) ,he was busy checking documents labelled exhibit PO 335(1-10) for form EC8A and PO 165(1-10) for voters register for over 25 minutes, in a bid to waste the petitioner's time not knowing he was harming himself and his legal team, it took the intervention of his counsel who seem frustrated to come to his aid
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by BERNIMOORE: 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
engineerboat:
The 10th subpoenaed witness by the 2nd respondent ,Mr. Hamington Osa functioned as a ward collation officer for APC, he is a politician who resides at 10 Market road, Ehor, Uhunmwonde LGA was cross examined with exhibit PO 16(5), PO 33(5)

Through out his cross examination by K.K Eleja (SAN) ,he was busy checking documents labelled exhibit PO 335(1-10) for form EC8A and PO 165(1-10) for voters register for over 25 minutes, in a bid to waste the petitioner's time not knowing he was harming himself and his legal team, it took the intervention of his counsel who seem frustrated to come to his aid
he was busy looking for a lost key oshiomole gave him to jazz the tribunal grin grin
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by BERNIMOORE: 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Engineer, your thread is sanitized such that those objecting against you VAMOOSED Like FART, I Want you to know that you are giving a new life to pdp, and you will be rewarded!
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by schoolmaster: 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
with consistent threads like this a lay man can easily predict likely outcome judgement.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by engineerboat(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Engineer, your thread is sanitized such that those objecting against you VAMOOSED Like FART, I Want you to know that you are giving a new life to pdp, and you will be rewarded!

cheesy cheesy won pooora bi iso ko niyen.

We'll surelly do our best.
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by AceRoyal: 1:31am On Feb 28, 2017
engineerboat:

cheesy cheesy won pooora bi iso ko niyen.
We'll surelly do our best.
very good job bro!
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by martooski(m): 1:40am On Feb 28, 2017
PDP or APC the OP did a great job
Re: Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 by senatordave1(m): 2:33am On Feb 28, 2017
The witnesses of both the akwa ibom state and rivers state guber polls fumbled worse.the witnesses of pastor iyamu were worse.obaseki would win.i charge all of you to go and check the proceedings of all guber tribunals.again,the supreme court have indirectly said wont remove any governor.up apc

(1) (Reply)

UCH Resident Doctors To Join Nationwide Strike On Monday / Kid's Glove Aside, I'll Be Very Harsh And Brutal On Niger Delta People Today / Biafra Secret Service Back In Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.