Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant (33841 Views)

Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) / Police Arraign Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps Boss After 11 Days In Detention / DSS Releases Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps Commandant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by honestivo(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017
lack of jobs is making our youth to pay deaf ear to fruad
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by fernandoc(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017
Peace Corps has come to stay. Let the police get that into their thick skull.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by kceewhyte(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2017
I need my 40k now!!
mmm 39k
shit corp 40k
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Horlawoomey(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2017
cummando:
Deaf people
How many para military we wan get?
People looking for ways to get a bit off the national cake
When awon ome wobes start plucking them now them go they expect RIPs

Peace corps ko?
Unity plates in angry

Are you part of the omo wobes ?
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 01, 2017
hungryboy:
We already have Nscdc and police

What do we need the peace corps for

indeed you are hungry,go and eat maybe you will have something reasonable to say.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Mycherry1: 9:47am On Mar 01, 2017
Anyway, nothing good comes easy. I vividly remembered that Nig Civil Defense was also treatned doing the period their bill was passed into law. Today they're standing firm so as Peace Corps Nigeria will stand and become more popular than they think..... Peace Corps Nigeria has come to exist and it shall remain forever.....

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by dominique(f): 9:47am On Mar 01, 2017
obiageIi:
I wonder why the government turned a blind eye to this fraud for so long.

I'm telling you, he should have been arrested years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 01, 2017
honestivo:
lack of jobs is making our youth to pay deaf ear to fruad
Define fraud?
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by edo3(m): 9:48am On Mar 01, 2017
I stand with d police on this..That establishment is of no relevance,,but they wants to latch on d job creation by d federal govt..The federal govt should ignore it and look elsewhere for job creation and not this..The airforce and soldier are recruiting and other paramilitary..So why this?
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Ken4Christ: 9:49am On Mar 01, 2017
I heard that the least paid peace corp us 215k. Please, can someone confirm? If this is true, the police have every right to be jealous. There should be uniformity in salary structure and their role should be properly defined.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by EazyMoh(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2017
377:
Na Wao This Is medicine after death. The bill has been passed and nothink police can do about it. They are looking for money thats all. Akoh should settle them. But can senate reverse its décision on the bill.
The bill still needs the president's accent to become a law. The problem is that they have been collecting money from people and training them randomly without any approval or regulations. They appointed themselves into those positions without any road map of how to sustain the program in case the government decides not to.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Ishaq319(f): 9:50am On Mar 01, 2017
NPF should charge him for 419 case. I learnt that are having about not less than 100,000 corps on training nation wide in various camp.
We don't need their service,even civil defense are not doing anything beneficiary to the nationa.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by youngaduco(m): 9:51am On Mar 01, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

Nigerian's re dieing n dy stl get mind to dy collect 40k frm dem.....shaa we no blame dem bt God go punish dem 1 by 1...

Amen
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2017
dominique:

if you think what he is doing is fraud,kindly forward your evidence to efcc.
Question:As a Nigerian,well aware that there is unemployment in Nigeria,what is your contribution towards alleviating it?
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by EazyMoh(m): 9:52am On Mar 01, 2017
Ken4Christ:
I heard that the least paid peace corp us 215k. Please, can someone confirm? If this is true, the police have every right to be jealous. There should be uniformity in salary structure and their role should be properly defined.
That's what they keep telling gullible folks to collect their 40k for the so called training.
That salary is unrealistic for a non revenue generating agency. btw the Peace Corp os still an NGO at this stage.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by zicoraads: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2017
dominique:

But hasn't the NASS approved?
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by obagangan: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2017
They kept on collecting money from the ppl. 40k each. Extortion continual
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by zicoraads: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2017
Ken4Christ:
Which kin? Who dash them? grin
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by OlaDapxon(m): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2017
abu12:
EFCC should arrest those people, why would an NGO be collecting 40k from unemploymed nigerians, all in the name of a promise job, this is worst than MMM. what is d assurance that FG will absolved all those who paid d 40k, when the time come,

Eez laik u don't av brain.
the 40k is for training and kit (since govt isn't allocating yet)
people are not forced to pay... and those who pay are not complaining to u.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by zicoraads: 9:55am On Mar 01, 2017
There is this notorious shopping complex here where stolen phones and whatnot are usually sold. The place is for selling phones and phone repairs but hoodlums almost took over the place. I don't know who drafted them there, but the place has regained the sanity it used to enjoy. I love what they did there.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by seangy4konji: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2017
misplaced priorities.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by dominique(f): 10:01am On Mar 01, 2017
zicoraads:

But hasn't the NASS approved?

The bill has only been passed, it has not been approved. The country is managing to keep itself afloat, the last thing we need is another paramilitary organization.

AntiIPOB:
if you think what he is doing is fraud,kindly forward your evidence to efcc.
Question:As a Nigerian,well aware that there is unemployment in Nigeria,what is your contribution towards alleviating it?

So collecting N40,000 from broke job seekers for a non-existent job is not fraud? They've been collecting money from thousands of job seekers for over a decade, how have they solved the unemployment situation in the country? How many of those corps will be eventually absorbed?
So in your opinion, deceiving people for your own selfish interest is one way of curbing unemployment.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 01, 2017
dominique:

The bill has only been passed, it has not been approved. The country is managing to keep itself afloat, the last thing we need is another paramilitary organization.

So collecting N40,000 from broke job seekers for a non-existent job is not fraud
?
I don't want to argue with you,mine is advive ,kindly visit any of the efcc office near you instead of making noise online.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Akinaukwa: 10:05am On Mar 01, 2017
Why are they running faster than their shadows, they should patiently wait for the Presidential assent to the bill before commencing activities. What if the President rejects the bill what happens? I just think they after the money being taken from gullible Nigerians.
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by dominique(f): 10:11am On Mar 01, 2017
AntiIPOB:
I don't want to argue with you,mine is advive ,kindly visit any of the efcc office near you instead of making noise online.

I've never been extorted by them, but I will never stop speaking against fraudulent acts both on and offline. In a sound country, the brains behind such a scam should be serving no less than 25 years in jail. Here a fraudster is trying to shove himself down the FG's throat and they're still looking at him. That peace corps bill will never be signed by any government in power, especially one that is trying to curb extra expenses.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by zicoraads: 10:15am On Mar 01, 2017
dominique:

So collecting N40,000 from broke job seekers for a non-existent job is not fraud? They've been collecting money from thousands of job seekers for over a decade, how have they solved the unemployment situation in the country? How many of those corps will be eventually absorbed?
So in your opinion, deceiving people for your own selfish interest is one way of curbing unemployment.
Passed? I thought all that was remaining was for the president to assent?
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by thunderbabs: 10:27am On Mar 01, 2017
With all the paramilitary wey una get...Na citizens still dey look after protection. Iraanu
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by BISIXCLUSIVE: 10:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
Dickson Akor the idiot commandant who sleeps with girls without condom who came for training as recruits. That man is a big theif and doesn't deserve to bailed without charging him to court
Pls how did u know all these and have you meet him one on one before?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Nukualofa: 10:29am On Mar 01, 2017
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Pls how did u know all these and have you meet him one on one before?
i did Peace Corp training in 2002 and i knew everything that went down there

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by BISIXCLUSIVE: 10:38am On Mar 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
i did Peace Corp training in 2002 and i knew everything that went down there
That means you are an ex-office or member of peace corps?
Re: Police Arrests Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps National Commandant by Nukualofa: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2017
BISIXCLUSIVE:
That means you are an ex-office or member of peace corps?
Ex officer should suffice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Aregbesola Inspects Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan / Five Reasons Saraki Won't Get Pdp's Presidential Ticket / Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari And Atiku's Absence From The Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.