Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo (22721 Views)

Atiku Slams Buhari: "You Have No Business, Not An Employer Of Labour" (Video) / "Buhari Has No Business Being The President" - Farooq Kperogi / NEWS ‘nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed’ – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by waley007(m): 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has commended the economic drive of Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu in the buy Made-in-Nigeria goods campaigns, saying that Nigeria had no business with China if Aba was generally developed.

Osinbajo also said Aba was “very strategic and important to the country in terms of manufacturing and production.”

The Acting President spoke while receiving a delegation of some top functionaries of Abia State Government, Aba businessmen and industrialists led by Ikpeazu and the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investments, Okey Enalemah at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday.

The meeting which dealt on the measures to fully realize the potentials of the Small and Medium Scale Enterprises, SMEs in the country was a follow up to the launch of the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs in Abuja and Aba, Abia State on January 24 and 26 respectively by the Acting President.

Osinbajo also directed the National Agency for Foods, Drugs Administration and Control, NAFDAC and Standard Organization of Nigeria, SON to ensure that registration of SMEs would not be cumbersome for business owners and operatives to which the agencies agreed to work within 60 and 90 days respectively.

While commending Governor Ikpeazu’s “smart business approach to governance”, Osinbajo said “Nigeria has no business with China if all hands are on deck to develop Aba as a major industrial Base.”

Speaking, Abia Governor stated that “If Aba is giving the needed and adequate attention, which include infrastructural and human capacity development, it has the potential and capacity as the SME capital of Nigeria, to position Nigeria as truly the giant of Africa.

“Our government is doing all we can do ensure the infrastructural turnaround of Aba, but we can’t do it alone, that is why we are thankful to the Federal Government for showing very strong interest in partnering with us to development Aba as the SME capital of our dear country-Nigeria.”
On the campaign for made-in-Aba goods, Ikpeazu said: “it is our collective resolve to promote goods and services made in Aba, and we will not relent in the campaign. We call on Federal Government and multinational companies and individuals to, not only join us in the campaigns, but to also patronize made-in-Aba goods.”

The governor also told State House Correspondents that the meeting was a follow to the SMEs lauch. He said: “This is a follow up to the MSME clinic which Mr. Acting President led to Abia state. In this meeting, all the stake holders regulatory agencies, the minister and the minister of state, including Bank of Industry, Export Promotion Council were present.

The whole idea is to see how far we have gone from that day uptil now so that we can cross the Ts and dot the i’s and the outcome is very straightforward and gladdening.

The regulatory agencies are committed now to specific days or time frame between which more businesses can register and get certification for their products.

“We have received additional advice of what we need to do in Abia state to create the environment for federal government to step in to make us acquire equipments and machineries to drive the automation of our products going forward”.

Also speaking, the Minister of Trade and Investment, Enalemah said that NAFDAC and SON have agreed to work with the specific period of 60 and 90 days respectively. “As you know Aba is a place well known for its products, industry and entrepreneurship.

It is a very good example of how partnership can happen within the private sector and the government. Between states and federal government and between funding agencies and enterprise.

“So with specific reference to MSME, we have received commitments to some of our key agencies like NAFDAC that they will do everything possible to give any approvals that they need to give within 90 days, which as you know is quite ambitious and is something that we welcome very much.

We received similar assurances from Standard Organizations of Nigeria, SON, that where they need to give certifications or set standards or whatever approvals that MSMEs will need from them, that they will work with 60 days time frame from start to finish, including testings and all the other things.

“The important thing about this is the commitment of working with them to get the solutions or services from government speedily, transparently and readily”, Enalemah said. The meeting also attracted the presence of Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Hajia Aisha Abubakar, the Acting Managing Director of Bank of Industries (BoI), Acting Director General of NAFDAC, Director General of Standard Organization of Nigeria, SON, the Registrar General Corporate Affairs Commission CAC, and Director General DG, Nigeria Export Promotion Council, NEPC, Abia State Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Mrs Kate Nwosu and Commissioner for Industry, Chief Henry Ikoh.

http://www.herald.ng/nigeria-no-business-china-aba-developed-osinbajo/

22 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Cutehector(m): 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
Aba cannot develop itself..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Some of our educated wole wole wole Oshodi, cele brownroofed brodas will not like dis. Starting with d one above me.
Come and watch how they flood here with pictures of ibadan, abeokuta, lagos and d rest

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by DozieInc(m): 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Aba has the potential.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Nogodye(m): 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Yes ooo...Buy made in Naija

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by RealLordZeus(m): 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
zionmade:
Some of our educated wole wole wole Oshodi, cele brownroofed brodas will not like dis. Starting with d one above me.
Come and watch how they flood here with pictures of ibadan, abeokuta, lagos and d rest
must u be tribalistic in everything, chai, This ur matter ehn

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
I agree. The entrepreneurs is Aba need FG patronage and encouragement to boost our local capacity in manufacturing. What is good for Aba is good for Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by kinibigdeal(m): 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Will PMB agree with you? As for PMB, pakistan, Iraq, palestine, iran etc will be a good business destination for zombies

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Fesisko(m): 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
zionmade:
must you bring tribal sentiments to issues?why are you so tribalistic? We are one nation. Religious, ethnic and political rivalry and intolerance have to stop in order to pillot our country to a greater height. nice development.its high time Aba is made the industrial Hub of Africa. They have the manpower/entrepreneurial skills and natural resources, if only our leaders can lead by example by patronizing made in Nigeria goods.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by UncleJJ(m): 11:48pm On Mar 01, 2017

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Tushborn: 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
they dont need us 'zoo people' likewise we dont need them and their fake products

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by omenkaLives(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
zionmade:
All in a desperate bid to get "likes". Just look at how daft you sound. cheesy

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by thuggCheetah(m): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
gimakon:
Yorubas always show hate for ibos, when the real enemies, at mosques, roadside, business, etc are not the ibos, yet you fall sheepishly to pranks played simply because you seek favour from the Hausa men

If you see a yoruba man praise ibo, you become angry, truth is, some of una eye don day open small small.

As for many touts on Nairaland, well I no surprise sha, hatred won't take you anywhere if the ibos hated you guys, we won't live in your houses, we won't do business with you. Anger and rage for the ibos, while Fulani herdsmen won't hesitate to kill you all when they have the chance.

As very learned as the Yorubas are, yet very disappointing. I sorry for most of una. The very day you yorubas would realise ibos are not your enemies, I hope it won't be late by then.

Igbo ndi oma! Daalu nu!
are u minding our oblong skulls?? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by babyfaceafrica: 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
zionmade:
when will you have sense?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by ImperialYoruba: 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Yanmirins should tell Osinbajo right now, they don't want any development help from an ewedu and amala eater. They can develop Aba by themselves. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Tushborn: 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
kropotkin2:
I agree. The entrepreneurs is Aba need FG patronage and encouragement to boost our local capacity in manufacturing. What is good for Aba is good for Nigeria
Guy they dnt need us walai
Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by LastSurvivor11: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2017
Oga osibande! Even your fellow afonja wunt be happy with the obvious truth.

Are you still wondering y the country is not progressing undecided
HATE and INJUSTICE..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Lanretoye(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2017
that state is supposed to be making IGR that triples that of Lagos state but still lobby around the FG for funds and support...smh
Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by ifyan(m): 12:16am On Mar 02, 2017
Osibanjo you are right in one way but very wrong in another way.

Competition is one vital key to success . If we use only made in Nigeria goods believe me it will affect the country in general negatively.

Even Kuwait somehow allow foreign goods

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2017
omenkaLives:
All in a desperate bid to get "likes". Just look at how daft you sound. cheesy
D day my rod will descend on ur senselessness is coming. Am not yet ready for u.
Go back and read d first comment. Ur broda didnt see anything good in d post
Anyway u know wat u do for d purpose of getting likes, i dnt care about d likes u can go ahead and collect it. WHO CARES.
Egbon wait ooo are u really a wole wole oshodi professional?
If yes then find a better job
If No the Gerrarra here

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 12:22am On Mar 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
when will you have sense?
D day u guys kill jealousy and rancor from ur DNA

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 12:28am On Mar 02, 2017
UncleJJ:

Why you bother, sucessful ibo men are in their stores, companies and in the banks like every other succesful nigerian citizen ... only miscreant ibo boys, the market thugs, criminals who defrauded their bosses , jobless 10th class students that can fill thier nysc forms are on nairaland
Yes bro dats true. So to summarize wat u said because u re on nairaland U RE A JOBLESS, MISCREANTIC 1ST CLASS AJUWAYASTIC FAILURE.
D day u will see d face of some personalities behind some monikers dats wen u know how powerful nairaland is.
Wait ooo uncle it is their and not thier. 1st class nairalander

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 12:32am On Mar 02, 2017
Fesisko:
must you bring tribal sentiments to issues?why are so tribalistic? We are one nation. Religious, ethnic and political rivalry and intolerance have to stop in order to pillot our country to a greater height. nice development.its high time Aba is made the industrial Hub of Africa. we have the manpower and natural resources, only if our leaders lead by example by patronizing made in Nigeria goods.
Bros all those one na grammer. Can u kindly tell the nairaland jury which tribe in nigeria carries d name professionals in wole wole Oshodi. Did i mention any tribe? No
Are u a wole wole master?
If yes den find something better to do
Do u live under brown zinc?
If yes den change ur zinc because raining season will soon come

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 12:35am On Mar 02, 2017
RealLordZeus:

must u be tribalistic in everything, chai, This ur matter ehn
My broda na nairaland corrupt me ooo
For dat year i be dey preach one nijeria and ethnic unity before omenkalives, omenkadeath, sarrki, musty, seunmsg come teach me bad thing.
Egboon fogive me oo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Thank God he is in london

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Fesisko(m): 12:46am On Mar 02, 2017
thuggCheetah:

Let thunder not fire your mouth there
this is a public forum young man. The fact that you have contrary opinion or view to what I posted, shouldn't give you the temerity to Abuse me. you still have a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Fesisko(m): 12:50am On Mar 02, 2017
zionmade:

Bros all those one na grammer. Can u kindly tell the nairaland jury which tribe in nigeria carries d name professionals in wole wole Oshodi. Did i mention any tribe? No
for your information, I'm not from any of the three major Ethnic groups in Nigeria.but this tribal ranting in nairaland gat to stop. it's no longer funny. I missed nairaland of the good old days.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Olril18(m): 12:51am On Mar 02, 2017
zionmade:
Receive Sense!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by Fesisko(m): 12:53am On Mar 02, 2017
zionmade:

for your information, I'm not from any of the three major Ethnic groups in Nigeria.but this tribal ranting in nairaland gat to stop.it's no longer funny. I missed nairaland of the good old days.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 1:04am On Mar 02, 2017
Fesisko:
for your information, I'm not from any of the three major Ethnic groups in Nigeria.but this tribal ranting in nairaland gat to stop. it's no longer funny. I missed nairaland of the good old days.
Eiyaa so touching. Eiyaaa eiyaaa eiyaaa chaii so touching.
But why didnt also preach ur unity to d guy who was first to comment because he prompted my response. But anyway in Rilwayne001 voice cry me a river.
Those wole wole brown roof guys can be very mean oo. Hope u come around wen they start displaying their talent

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo by zionmade(m): 1:06am On Mar 02, 2017
Olril18:

Receive Sense!
Amen
Oya u receive Jealousy and hatred killer.
Pls if u re one of those guys living under brown roof take advantage of Saturday and clean ur roof

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN / US Sending Arms To Nigeria – Punch Report / Marketers Sell Fuel Above N145 — The PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.