Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” (27596 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Prof. James Ayatse Emerges The 5th Tor Tiv / Full Profile Of His Royal Highness Prof. James Ayatse. Tor Tiv The Fifth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by dom(m): 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
He shd have gone ahead to swear by Swem. Nothing wld have happened. While in Gboko, Benue state, I observed that many litigants and their witnesses would swear by Swem (a very small claypot of sand) and proceed to tell the biggest lies I ever heard in my life. And nothing would happen to them. Its like Amadioha that is swift with retribution.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by iliyande(m): 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
psucc:
He should quit then.

What actually then took him to the traditional stool?

Is tradition a religion?

Religion can be practiced in any tradition
"Tradition is something that becomes a way of life having practiced over a period of time and religion is a paticular set of belief's that are followed by a group of people. But practicing a certain ritual in marriage is religious belief. Tradition is carry forwarding customs and/or beliefs through generations".
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by KingSango(m): 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
This man is a Freemason and their oath is to suppress the African Order for Rome. The traditional diety Sheem is against corruption, cares not for rank, wealth and social status. Well this totally contradiacts how Freemasons operate because they are full of corruption. Freemasons liken themselves as common church goers and simple believers but is isnt true, they know it. To allow this man in the traditional role of the highest in the land will bring darkness for the Tiv people. Darkness. These Freemasons are attacking traditional faith under the guise of monotheism and are playing the unawares for a fool. Go ask him, are you a Freemason? Ask those you know who are Masons is he a Freemason. Dont let Freemasons destroy tradition. Ase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmFgOyGgV0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJk22JXMRcE
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by Smooyis(m): 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
Badgers14:
Remember what Jesus said, Give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and what belongs to God to God.

If he is a staunch Deeler live member.. He should be gingering to be the District pastor or even the GO and not being a king.

Who told you kingship is only meant for the Idol worshippers. Times are changing.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
omenkaLives:
That man was a staunch Dipper Life member and it still beats me how he came to accepting being the king of Tivs.

Come what may, the Tiv nation seems a lot more confident about the future than they were under Akaw e Torkuka of blessed memory.

Like play like play, Fanuchi don become Prince ooo! cheesy

This life ehn.. .

grin grin
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by ogaga100: 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
When the children of God are in positions things will be better off
Badgers14:
Remember what Jesus said, Give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and what belongs to God to God.

If he is a staunch Deeler live member.. He should be gingering to be the District pastor or even the GO and not being a king.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by iganto(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by ogwucheveekee(f): 8:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
He is fearing fear, because him know sey dat one no dry hear word if him fumbleL

Tiv girls sabi fok o
you know nothing about tiv girls
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by Enemyofpeace: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
ogwucheveekee:

1 Like

Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by benuejosh: 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
omenkaLives:
That man was a staunch Dipper Life member and it still beats me how he came to accepting being the king of Tivs.

Come what may, the Tiv nation seems a lot more confident about the future than they were under Akaw e Torkuka of blessed memory.

This life ehn.. .
So you know Doctor?
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by benuejosh: 8:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
omenkaLives:

This life ehn.. .
So you know Doctor? and Prof Ayatse is still a Stunch deeperlifer. A church leader till he became a King elect.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by omenkaLives(m): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
benuejosh:

So you know Doctor?
Ekwa secondary school North Bank. wink

Been very long we spoke sha.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by jerryBoss1(m): 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
He is fearing fear, because him know sey dat one no dry hear word if him fumbleL

Tiv girls sabi fok o
Guy since I dey Benue state I don Bleep 18 :-Xdifferent Tiv girls from bsu & uni Agric mkd
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by Enemyofpeace: 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
jerryBoss1:

Guy since I dey Benue state I don Bleep 18 :-Xdifferent Tiv girls from bsu & uni Agric mkd

Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by KingSango(m): 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
So this man is downing tradition for a made up White man God? There is no JESUS CHRIST.

1 Share

Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by jerryBoss1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
I've being working here since 3yrs guy and all d need is a guy with car ,has a house and spend small penny on them but be careful bcus them be flirting girls HIV is real....
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by jerryBoss1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=Enemyofpeace post=54217964][/quote]
I've being working here since 3yrs guy and all d need is a guy with car ,has a house and spend small penny on them but be careful bcus them be flirting girls HIV is real....
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by benuejosh: 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
omenkaLives:
Ekwa secondary school North Bank. wink

Been very long we spoke sha.
Yea you're very right ECWA. Residing in Jos at the moment. But remember his Dad was still a very strong member of Deeperlife before becoming a King. He was a leader in the church even.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by Eroms4life17(m): 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
The prof is trying to cleanse the town of dirty cultural beliefs. meanwhile,visit
https://www.nairaland.com/3623088/final-cure-quick-ejaculation-weak
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by teebee22(f): 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
ogwucheveekee:
sorry to bother you but do you pls know any ogwuche Thomas? although not a tiv but from Benue.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by DeepSight(m): 11:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ursino:

Nope! you cant run away from reality.It's only a coward that does that.
He has to be with them to teach them the real way, through Jesus Christ.

Have you for once thought about the origin of some of the christian celebrations we have today? most of them have their origins from the traditional Jewish celebrations. The early Christians adopted those celebrations (on those jewish dates), removed the fetishistic part of them, sanitised them, and gradually turned them to what we have today.

It's only by identifying with them that he can change and win them for Christ.

You are an irredeemable f.ool.
Besides since when were celebrations like Easter and Christmas traditional Jewish celebrations of any kind?
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by vikstandon(m): 2:21am On Mar 03, 2017
Badgers14:

When the righteous is on the throne...the people rejoice
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by omenkaLives(m): 5:54am On Mar 03, 2017
benuejosh:

Yea you're very right ECWA. Residing in Jos at the moment. But remember his Dad was still a very strong member of Deeperlife before becoming a King. He was a leader in the church even.
Thats why I said I'm still surprised he a accepted the crown because alot of things he stands against go with that stuff.

Was supposed to be in Jos today but have a very crucial meeting to attend. Guess Fanuch himself would be a n Gboko right now sha.

Meanwhile, someone was telling me last night Kaase has been kidnapped. Hope it isn't true.. Saw him at Ace of Spades last friday in a very very jolly mood with his wife.
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by Yaromathias(m): 6:38am On Mar 03, 2017
shocked undecided cry
Re: Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” by phylshan: 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
God bless the Tor Tiv. You are really God-sent, please don't accept to be sworn-in using any other god than the God in heaven. Aondo aver tor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Abiodun Oniru Is Dead! Toolz Father Dies / Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) / Describe Your Country In One Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.