Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage (34750 Views)

Electricity Workers Threaten Strike, Nationwide Power Outage Looms / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos / Ikeja Electric Announces Planned Power Outage On Friday (9th December) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by orunto27: 4:09am On Mar 04, 2017
One month is too long. I beg let it be one day.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Iamthoney(m): 4:18am On Mar 04, 2017
Tazdroid:
“ We are appealing to consumers to bear with the company during the maintenance work."

Bear with una for one month? Make dem install solar panel first abi na tiger battery we go dey use for office?

So, Igando dey there? Hehehe, would make no difference, light no kukuma dey
Like sey Igando dey get light before sef shior
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Payshence(f): 4:30am On Mar 04, 2017
Abeg,make I run go buy drum to take store water ooo.That means no payment of NEPA bill for that one month.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by UyiIredia(m): 5:03am On Mar 04, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
thank God my place is not affected,and for those of who re affected I wanna say a very big sorry like this.

Your own turn go come.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by TinaAnita(f): 5:29am On Mar 04, 2017
APC is a total failure. Oh laud how do I watch Biggie?
What a failed country
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by folem: 5:50am On Mar 04, 2017
Na wah for Naija ooo.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by AngelicBeing: 6:09am On Mar 04, 2017
blank:

Does your car run for 24 hours? Don't you take it for servicing before it breaks down? Allow them service the transmission lines. This outage is not even coming from distribution side, it's transmission but the company has to do the announcement.
l get your point but just pissed off with the inefficiency of the system in Nigeria, so the masses living in those areas will have to suffer for weeks without alternative support / back-up from the clueless government, they will have to buy diesel / petrol from their pockets to power their generators which brings me to my previous post that billions have been earmarked yearly for the power sector and if things where done properly, we ought not to be talking about incessant power outage in 2017 regardless of servicing / transmission / distribution noise they are making and yes before l take my car to the mechanic, l will have an alternative one on standby or rent a car for the number of days my car will be in the mechanic workshop, it boils down to what l call effective planning ahead.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by godquality: 6:41am On Mar 04, 2017
Rubbish. 1 month to carry out maintainance work. What were they doing all this while? wait for everything to be defective before caring out repairs. These incompetent idiots takes us for granted because the alternatives are not there or just too expensive. 1 month, like they are building a new power plant or something...
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by just2endowed: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2017
A pity my area too is affected. Well, my powerbank serving me better and it's all for grabs for a new one.

Check my signature to place orders
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Originalsly: 6:57am On Mar 04, 2017
Hmmm....maintenance...one month....and the FG is not getting involved. I guess they are free to do what they like since there's no consequences. Way to go for developmemt.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by ikorodureporta: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2017
I'm surprizd o! Ikorodu is not there...
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by haryomikun(m): 7:49am On Mar 04, 2017
lytech1:
Within that one month,there is no guarantee of having up to 72hours electricity.

So whats the essence of the announcement?

Like after the one month blackout,will there be any real changes?

Idiot
If they didn't announce you'll still complain
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Tazdroid(m): 7:59am On Mar 04, 2017
biz2get:

It seems your not well informed...

Goto town and know what's going on... Those Power House In Ikeja and GRA how many of them care about light off or not.?

When they have light 24/7..

Be informed..
I occasionally do business in some of those areas. The power's quite stable but not 24/7. Perhaps you misunderstood my comment
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Stevengerd(m): 8:15am On Mar 04, 2017
lollmaolol:

Lol

Is this ur own consolation on this NEPA issue, I'm a bit surprised.
Dnt Be Suprise Bro. We No Kuku Deh Get Light B4, Na Only Wen Dem Dozz Reason Our Matter. So Na Gen We Deh Run Most Tymes.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by godson4u79(m): 8:44am On Mar 04, 2017
Light for my area na like aso Rock... We dey enjoy light scatter for Ajuwon-Akute
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 04, 2017
My own simple if no light for one month, no border bring Bill for the month. It's that easy.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by VeeGeeCee(f): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
thank God my place is not affected,and for those of who re affected I wanna say a very big sorry like this.
grin
fuckingAyaya:
just relax, your place will soon be affected and it may be 'One Year Power Outage'
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Omoluabi16(m): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2017
oh egbeda?? cry sad damn! 1month is so long..too long!

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Omoluabi16(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2017
TinaAnita:
APC is a total failure. Oh laud how do I watch Biggie?
What a failed country
so ur biggest concern now is big brother? moo'run
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by lexy2014: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2017
Evinsco:
The management of Ikeja Electric (IE) has announced a planned one-month interruption in power supply to some areas within its network to enable maintenance work.

Mr Felix Ofulue, the company’s Spokesman, told newsmen on Friday, March 3, in Lagos that the interruption would take place from March 6 to April 4.

Ofulue said the outage was to enable the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to carry out routine work on the Ikeja West Transmission Station.

He said that Ojodu, Magodo, Alausa, Oke-Afa, Bolorunpelu, Egbe, Igando, Shasha, Ipaja, Alimosho, Agege, Egbeda and Abesan would experience power outage during the period.

According to the spokesman, other areas to be affected include Ayetoro, Abule-Taylor, Ogba, Ifako, Shomolu, Gbagada, Oworonshoki, Ogudu, Isheri-Olowora, Berger, Anthony and Otta.

“ We are appealing to consumers to bear with the company during the maintenance work. The maintenance will enhance improved service delivery,”he said.

Source:- www.naij.com/1091715-ikeja-electric-announces-month-power-outage.html
hope they won't share bill and cut wire during d period?
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by TinaAnita(f): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2017
godson4u79:
Light for my area na like aso Rock... We dey enjoy light scatter for Ajuwon-Akute

I hope Ajuwon-akute is not part of Ogun state
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Evinsco(m): 10:49am On Mar 04, 2017
lexy2014:
hope they won't share bill and cut wire during d period?

No statement was said if they are going to give bill holiday for that month.
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by phenomem(m): 11:18am On Mar 04, 2017
Afam4eva:
No be the entire mainland be that?

One month? Make dem kukuma kill us.

Yes o... For a whole month? Which kain maintenance be that? As I dey write this Na hin Dem take light sha. Hope Dem never start sha
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Chukazu: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2017
am sure there are areas that haven't seen light for more that one... so I think announcing it even makes it worst because it kind of 'registers on your mind'
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2017
Flexyshubzy:

Off course, what do you think... nothing is free..... Even darkness is not free

Smiles
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by godson4u79(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2017
Part of it is Ogun while part if Lagos... It's actually a border town between Ogun and Lagos state.

TinaAnita:

I hope Ajuwon-akute is not part of Ogun state
Re: Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage by dohhnutt1(m): 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
Blackout in Lagos: Let's talk about "Blackout" Is your Area affected? Use the #inofeellagosblackout. Join the Talk Here https://www.nairaland.com/3670426/blackout-lagos-lets-talk-area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / Tunde Ednut Endorses Mr. Peter Obi As Next Nigerian President / Osinbajo Formally Takes Over Villa Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.