Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit (5824 Views)

Manchester United Launch New Adidas Kit...back To Old School Kits / Nigeria Reject Hotel Booked By Kenya FA / Nigeria Reject Bafana Friendly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by proproman(m): 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2009
lol@ wearing agbada to play. Una no go kill person.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by slimes(m): 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
I guess we have a choice after all. Was that jersey for fans or for the real thing?
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by slimes(m): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
chamotex:

Na kit we wan chop?
Instead of them to focus on how we can win the Nations Cup

Then become coach and tell them to go nude.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
Adidas make a good design for FRANCE During the last payoff so we need such fancy design
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by MrCartha: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
As we reject ADIDAS na DAKOVA or who so sew for us ?!grin Maybe dis time na abgbada, buba, sokoto or even wrapper we go tie play for SA 2010 cool Time to enter guiness book of records grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Sagamite(m): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
Iyineda:

Jeeez, Sagamite. Your comments are usually accurate and informative but don't you think you went too hard on the guy? undecided

Omega 3 pills. . . . really? grin rotfl

Bros, I have nothing but contempt for mo-ronicity, as on a very very wider perspective, you would find that the lack of ability of analysis [of consequence/effect] is the core of some of the ills of the world (e.g. Wars, crimes etc). So I do hate mo-rons as they have a potential to make my environment less desirable to live in if they are not kept in check.

IMO, it is OK for people to be wrong, but it aint right to just be plainly mo-ronic because you are intellectually dead, lazy or just plainly refuse to do the most basic of researches all in the name of "free speech" or "I am entitled to my opinion".

Some people need to read only and learn, rather than contribute on NL.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by bigfoot79(m): 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
Who says the jersey is not important? Go read up on the Yankees, they were able to win most of their matches because their opponents were never able to take their eyes off the yankees jersey
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by collinx(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
Th kit looks too simple and drab.For once, the NFA are standing on their feet!
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by oge4real(f): 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
When going for a job interview, we tend to appear as smart and attractive as possible, this is not because our dressing will determine how efficiently we will work if employed, but because we need to sell a good impression.
Now, do we still think our apperance at the World Cup does not matter?
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by bawomolo(m): 12:31am On Dec 16, 2009
bigfoot79:

Who says the jersey is not important? Go read up on the Yankees, they were able to win most of their matches because their opponents were never able to take their eyes off the yankees jersey

umm the yankees won by buying talent.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by MrCrackles(m): 12:47am On Dec 16, 2009
I agree Nigeria should wear agbada or stitch cocoa leaves together and rock it like no man's business. . . . . cool
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by MrCartha: 1:01am On Dec 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

I agree Nigeria should wear agbada or stitch cocoa leaves together and rock it like no man's business. . . . . cool

Me and u na 1 grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by honeric01(m): 1:54am On Dec 16, 2009
debosky:

The incompetence of the FA has led to this - what is wrong in creating a design competition in Nigeria to inspire our local designers?

We could do a deal with adidas to create a competition, send out entries with Nigerians voting on the winning entry and the winning designer getting some form of prize. . . .instead we allow the simpletons at adidas to dictate to us and rip us off at the same time with a boring and unimaginative design for the first African World Cup.

The Kit is obviously not more important than preparations, but please - that Kit will be part of the record of this world cup forever. . . .more thought should be put into it and not giving some fake Chelski jersey dyed green and the Samsung removed.

do you own any of the Nigerian clubs jersey? most of them are sown by local designers, maybe you want such for the super eagles right? i once bough enyimba jersey 2 years ago, my friend, i was so angry with my self for not giving out the money to a prostitute for free, the neck of the jersey is now as wide as queen Elizabeth's white pant. angry
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by gidson12(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2009
Oh boy LWKMD grin, no let Queen Lizzy hear wetin u talk o grin
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Sonofpeace(m): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2009
@oge4real, i think our dressing do matter alot cos the way you dress is the way you'll be addressed. But in the case of our football there are so many pressing needs needed to be tackled urgently,  They could tackle it responsibly without making fool of themselves and Nigerians, after all, where were they ever since the jersey was on sale globally. Have you heard of any country that makes jercey noise in football, but that did not imply that all of em like their jersies rather they prefer gentleman way,  WE NEED HIGH LEVEL FRIENDLY MATCHES AND A GOOD CAMPING SITE FOR OUR PLAYERS BIKO(PLEASE) NFF!!
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Sonofpeace(m): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2009
@oge4real, i think our dressing do matter alot cos the way you dress is the way you'll be addressed. But in the case of our football there are so many pressing needs needed to be tackled urgently, They could tackle it responsibly without making fool of themselves and Nigerians, after all where were they ever since the jersey was on sale globally. Have you heard of any country that makes jercey noise in football, but that did not imply that all of em like their jersies rather they prefer gentleman way, WE NEED HIGH LEVEL FRIENDLY MATCHES AND A GOOD CAMPING SITE FOR OUR PLAYERS PLEASE NFF!!
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Maxidoe(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2009
The Jersey we wud wear in the world cup,would make an impression about the country hence the need to go with the best that can compete with other countries.And for a product you pay for, you have all the right to complain and demand for a much better one.But before we jump into conclusions some pressing and pertinent questions needs to be asked

What kinda sample did NFF give Adidas,or Adidas make jersey at their own discretion?

Why has it been on sales the world over for about 3 months now?

Are samples not given to NFF before mass production?

Why did it take them this long to Reject it with barely 3 weeks to the nations cup where they are supposed to launch it?

How much was paid for the jersey?

Is it the exact amount that was budgeted?

For me this questions and even more is what we are supposed to ponder over rather than other mundane issues.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 16, 2009
Mr. Cartha:

As we reject ADIDAS na DAKOVA or who so sew for us ?!grin Maybe dis time na abgbada, buba, sokoto or even wrapper we go tie play for SA 2010 cool Time to enter guiness book of records grin  grin grin

I can not imagine how daft some humans are, if adidas could sacrifice a piece of jersey that looks like that of Argentina talk less of France who the hell in Nigerian NFF will reject it,

That stuff is off shelve and that is not the first time we have gotten such, I wonder what happened this time around?
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by sulad82i(m): 10:35am On Dec 16, 2009
omo oga oooo. I guess NFF don turn to maga,
Adidas don deh count money te te before the deal got seal. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:38am On Dec 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Wow!!!

Wow!!!

Wow!!!

Yes, the kit does not make a team. about damn the only intelligent thing in your post but yet still lame But it is part of the tools for funding teams.

You try and get your kit to be attractive, not because you want to play better football , but because IT IS A TOOL FOR RAISING MONEY!!!

By the time you play in the WC and if you perform well, alot of your people and neutrals would want to join in or identify with the success, and one way is by buying your kit for things like Sunday League or even fashion.

So it is essential you select a kit before the tournament that would maximise this opportunity by being a nice design, and you can use the revenue to fund your football.

@sagamite. Funding teams (in Nigeria),  listen to yourself besides the echo of your own voice. since when in this country has our jersey being a tool for funding, which monies from the sales of jerseys has paid bonuses or developed football in Nigeria,  any figures will do since you are highly literate and got excellent education from the best institutions.  your persistence at calling every poster a fool, i.diot, dullard or any other adjectives that qualify seems to be your forte. as usual, you ignore the greater picture which is. our Super Eagles must perform before we can become a brand that will allow for our Jerseys (fine or ugly) to become a funding tool.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by chelseabmw(m): 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
the jersey is okay, let them leave it that way
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Sagamite(m): 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

@sagamite. Funding teams (in Nigeria),  listen to yourself besides the echo of your own voice. since when in this country has our jersey being a tool for funding, which monies from the sales of jerseys has paid bonuses or developed football in Nigeria,  any figures will do since you are highly literate and got excellent education from the best institutions.  your persistence at calling every poster a fool, i.diot, dullard or any other adjectives that qualify seems to be your forte. as usual, you ignore the greater picture which is. our Super Eagles must perform before we can become a brand that will allow for our Jerseys (fine or ugly) to become a funding tool.

Sorry! You are an NFF staff? You are their accountant? You are privy to what proportion of their funds that come from jersey royalties? Or you just love to throw conjectures? And you wonder why I call people names?

You did not know NFF signs contract with sportwear manufacturers? You did not know this sportwear manufacturers sell these national jerseys in shops in Europe or elsewhere and there would be a cut for the football association?

So when they perform and people want to rejoice and share in the success of the performance by buying the apparel they wore when they achieve the success that is when you would go and change it? Or is it best you do it before? That is your bigger picture? At you age, engage your brain!!!
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Borat1: 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
What exactly were the reasons for NFF's rejection of the jerseys if i may ask?
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
guy that stuff no make sense, take a look at the pics^^^^^
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Sorry! You are an NFF staff? You are their accountant? You are privy to what proportion of their funds that come from jersey royalties? Or you just love to throw conjectures? And you wonder why I call people names?

You did not know NFF signs contract with sportwear manufacturers? You did not know this sportwear manufacturers sell these national jerseys in shops in Europe or elsewhere and there would be a cut for the football association?

So when they perform and people want to rejoice and share in the success of the performance by buying the apparel they wore when they achieve the success that is when you would go and change it? Or is it best you do it before? That is your bigger picture? At you age, engage your brain!!!

@sagamite. i am truly wound up by your put-downs and inability to follow a post logically as your signature indicates. i will not ask why you must insist on abusing posters on NL (Yes i have been following your threads since the post you called me retarded and stupid) and i know it is not personal.
permit my moronic (as pointed out by intelligent/logical self) aptitude to ask you the following

1: I do not have sales stats on Nigerian Jerseys. (What are the figures and is the trend rising or falling. i can recall the last three events that involved soccer and losses were declared on National dailies)
2: Has NFF used these monies to develop football (I can also recall that FIFA provides funding for grassroots football and have built a center in Abuja). I could be wrong but states/corporates fund local competitions.

I shall not ask you to engage your brain (because you do obviously) but if you can let us morons catch up with your thinking, it would help a lot if you stop abusing posters at the slightest whim.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Sagamite(m): 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

@sagamite. i am truly wound up by your put-downs and inability to follow a post logically as your signature indicates. i will not ask why you must insist on abusing posters on NL (Yes i have been following your threads since the post you called me retarded and silly) and i know it is not personal.
permit my moronic (as pointed out by intelligent/logical self) aptitude to ask you the following

1: I do not have sales stats on Nigerian Jerseys. (What are the figures and is the trend rising or falling. i can recall the last three events that involved soccer and losses were declared on National dailies)
2: Has NFF used these monies to develop football (I can also recall that FIFA provides funding for grassroots football and have built a center in Abuja). I could be wrong but states/corporates fund local competitions.

I shall not ask you to engage your brain (because you do obviously) but if you can let us morons catch up with your thinking, it would help a lot if you stop abusing posters at the slightest whim.

Oh, my God! You stiiiiiill don't get it. Jesus me.

If you want to catch up, you would have to work very, very hard.

For 1: So because recent performances have not been stellar, you think they should not plan for success? They should work on a premise of failure? And when success comes, they would miss on the opportunity to make money because less people (especially neutrals) would buy an unattractive jersey and instead invest in any other successful team's jerseys that are attractive? Do you know how many Senegalese, Somalians, Djiboutians, Ugandans and co on and so forth bought Nigerian jerseys after 1994 and pre-1998 WCs?

For 2: Are YOU THEIR ACCOUNTANT? Or you just work on conjectures and rumours (your forte)? Do you know how the NFF fund coach salaries (all levels)? Team bonuses (all levels)? Official's travel and accommodation costs? Equipments? The logistics for NPL? Ignorance and rumour-mongering (as a typical Nigerian) just comes to the easiest conclusion (turned to fact) that "dem dey chop the money"! Beer parlour thinking, beer parlour contributions.
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
I asked 2 simple questions that you have danced about and cleverly twisted but not answered. you simply asked me the same questions and quickly add abusive language to make your point.

You have simply demonstrated and confirmed what i have suspected all along. you have a complex that you need to obsessively insult and put down other people to assert your intelligence when in reality you are simply a guerrilla arguer. no real position, just a weak one that you defend till death.

Enjoy yourself the bliss tempting but i'll pass. wink
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by Sagamite(m): 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

I asked 2 simple questions that you have danced about and cleverly twisted but not answered. you simply asked me the same questions and quickly add abusive language to make your point.

You have simply demonstrated and confirmed what i have suspected all along. you have a complex that you need to obsessively insult and put down other people to assert your intelligence when in reality you are simply a guerrilla arguer. no real position, just a weak one that you defend till death.

Enjoy yourself the bliss tempting but i'll pass.  wink

You want ME to go and get the jersey sales stat of SE for you because YOU don't believe revenue is generated from such and to prove to you that the funds are spent on Nigerian football because YOU believe it is being embezzled?

You don't think the onus of proof/proposition is on YOU?

Amazing!!!  grin

You could not figure out the reason why an FA would want a nicely designed jersey before a tournament, you thought it was being sought to improve game play.  undecided
Re: Nigeria Reject Adidas Kit by kenerep: 10:32am On Dec 17, 2009
See we rejecting things brought from abroad shows we have a vibrant society and we do not just accept any junk from anywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Come Kylian Mbappe Has A Nigerian Brother? / Super Eagles Vs Senegal Friendly Gets March 23 Date / 2023 AFCON: Peseiro To Submit Super Eagles Provisional List December 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.