Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? (2512 Views)

Reno Omokri On Cattle Colonies: What Will Happen To Any State That Allows It / Kidnap Gang In Niger State That Killed Over 19 Victims After Collecting Ransom / The Handshake Between Two Lawmakers In Imo State That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by greatnation2: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Please don't make racist or tribalistic comments on this thread
This question is for those who have traveled round Nigeria North, East, South and West, I've had these remarks in different occasions from different folks, my Ghanian girl who live and work in Goodies shopping mall in Lagos, for the first time recently traveled outside Lagos for a burial, when she came back, she narrated her experiences, she started with her experience while going to a particular state within Nigeria, according to her there was this state they got to it was just like Lagos cool cool cool I have had similar remarks before with this very state, I have been to so many states in Nigeria, I decided to tour that very state, almost all the states we passed before we got to that very state was less developed, approaching the state border the similarity was there, although Lag gave the state cap in so many areas, but there are lots of similarities like commerce, urbanized, multiple buildings, flyovers, bridges etc. So I want to use the opportunity to ask nairalanders with broad minds, those that have traveled within Nigeria to mention a particular state they've been to that have Lagos similarities, I'll mention the state after..... Just for fun grin grin grin
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by BeautifulMind2: 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Anambra

15 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by orimsamsam(m): 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
BeautifulMind2:
Anambra
lolzzz
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by greatnation2: 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
lalasiclala help me move this to FP
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by chiefolododo(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
Kano , perhaps

1 Like

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
ibadan

1 Like

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by furrr(m): 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
2kaybiel:
ibadan

That will be Abuja

Cos all other Nigerian cities are just oversized villages

And we pray for real change....... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
chiefolododo:
Kano , perhaps
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Ilovemystate: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
Op, I have been to almost all regions, Anambra have the similarities you stated what gave Lagos edge over Anambra are, federal institutions, such as sea port, MMA etc and multinational headquarters in Lagos

11 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by BeautifulMind2: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
orimsamsam:
lolzzz
What is funny I guess you haven't been to the state I have traveled round the nation and lived in both states for years, I'm in good position to mention Anambra because both states has lot of similarities, you can state yours

4 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by princemillla(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
Uyo I guess
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by aljharem(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
Oyo and akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Basic123: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
mtcheew..no be nairaland?...yoruba man will mention ibadan and ogun,..ibo man will mention Anambra..hausa and fulani will mention Kano and kaduna.....ijaw and ikweres will mention port Harcourt.

Crazy set of people.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Obdk: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Anambra

9 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
Depends on what part of Lagos.

If it is the better parts of Lagos, we would be talking about Port Harcourt. More like Rivers State. So in Economics, I would say Rivers.

If it is the more congested parts of Lagos, maybe Anambra, Onitsha to be specific would fit the bill. That would cover the commercial angle of Lagos.

If it's the infrastructure, Kano looks more like Lagos than any other place in Nigeria.
Abuja is better than Lagos so don't tell me Abuja.

8 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by drimpeccable(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
Kano State.
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by drimpeccable(m): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
The city of Kano
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by greatnation2: 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Depends on what part of Lagos.

If it is the better parts of Lagos, we would be talking about Port Harcourt. More like Rivers State. So in Economics, I would say Rivers.

If it is the more congested parts of Lagos, maybe Anambra, Onitsha to be specific would fit the bill. That would cover the commercial angle of Lagos.

If it's the infrastructure, Kano looks more like Lagos than any other place in Nigeria.
Abuja is better than Lagos so don't tell me Abuja.

Similarities like commerce, urbanized, multiple buildings, flyovers, bridges although Lagos gave them edge in infrastructures
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by 989900: 4:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
Abuja, not a state though.

P.S. Done a few tours round the country, no place like Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by greatnation2: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
989900:

My question is for broad minds

1 Like

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by 989900: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
greatnation2:

My question is for broad minds
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by malton: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
Your description fits Kano.
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by dplordx(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Kano. PH. Abuja. And a tiny section of Anambra.
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Efewestern: 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
I go for Anambra and PH, The rest are glorified villages.

5 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by greatnation2: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
greatnation2:
lalasiclala help me move this to FP
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Pavarottii(m): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
989900:

So abuja is what?
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by FKO81(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
Op the only state that fit in is ANAMBRA I have read and watch similar report from foreigners that toured Anambra clearly stated the same

4 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by greatnation2: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
I'll mention the state by 8:30 pm
Thanks for all your contributions
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
After Lagos is Kano metropolis.
But if we are talking of state wide developments that stretches from the town to the villages.
Then it z Anambra.
Lagos~Anambra re the most industrialized state with high rate of commercial activities before Kano.
One thing with Kano is that, it's only the KANO metropolis that hv high rate of development and commercial activities unlike Lagos and Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by Obdk: 8:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
OK
Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by glacswhite: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
BeautifulMind2:

What is funny I guess you haven't been to the state I have traveled round the nation and lived in both states for years, I'm in good position to mention Anambra because both states has lot of similarities, you can state yours

Brother am from the east let's talk the truth Anambra can never be compared to Lagos in all areas .....U haven't even mentioned Enugu and Owerri....and wonderful PH

or Calabar n Akwa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? by glacswhite: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
FKO81:
Op the only state that fit in is ANAMBRA I have read and watch similar report from foreigners that toured Anambra clearly stated the same

Chai .....Only bridge . ..Kano comes then followed by PH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Will Stay, Igbo Will Go To Israel?.... Pool And The Opinion Of Nigerian. / Boko Haram Abducts over 100 Secondary School Students In Yobe State / Help Buhari Choose Title For His Own Book, See Hilarious Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.