Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,258 members, 7,811,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs (603 Views)

The Truth About Friends With Benefits Nobody Will Tell You / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! / Any Man Who Thinks All Women Want From Men Is Money, Has Low Self Esteem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs by Newbeginnings(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2017
This is not just any writeup, but for those who want to add more to themselves and improve their confidence.. If you are reading this.... Sit down and build yourself, because you deserve to be better than you are right now... and remember practice makes perfect..

Self - Esteem is confidence, confidence is how great you feel about yourself, how great you think about yourself, and no how great you think people say you are or feel you are...

Low self esteem is a situation where you compare yourself with society or people, asking questions such as am I up to his/her standards? Will he/she accept me? Will they like me if they see me? or saying I am not good enough? I am not up to her level look at her phone/clothes/accessories... I am not up to his level look at his car/women/houses/clothes..

Low self esteem is a situation in which you care about what people think, feel, say and use what people think, feel and say about you to live your life, you use it to measure yourself and describe who you are, to measure how valuable you are.. remember for you to be valuable to others you have to be valuable to yourself and believe that you are valuable in yourself...

Gaining confidence starts by creating your own rules, values, standards for yourself and being in control of your thought and what others think about you..

Most people with low self esteem don't have a direction in life, they don't have plans for their future, they don't even know where they are going.. they are just living life and by God's grace they say....... they live life according to the what they see and not according to who they are and that is why society easily influences them and makes them lose vision of who they truly are and they start comparing themselves with others in the society.

Self esteem is confidence, confidence is how great you fell about yourself. How valuable you say you are in respect to yourself and not to others... not saying that I am more valuable than a begger or people living on the streets... No!.. you can only feel great and valuable of yourself in respect to yourself when you know who you are, your ambitions, plans, potentials and knowledge.. saying you wish to go to school, get a job, get married and have a family... those are not plans or ambitions... That is the way society makes it to be and that is why you are easily influenced and compare yourself with others.. because you are living according to society and not according to who you are..

Saying that you wish to go to school, get a job, maybe own a business, get married and have a family... those are not ambitions or plans .. that is another version of what the society creates for people to live by... If I love art and fashion and I live by it.... and I say when I go to art school, I will come out... and join an art organization.. make myself known in the art world... create a platform for young Nigerian artists to gain exposure.. build art gallaries and then maybe get married and have a family... Now those are ambitions and then I plan for them...

With this you are living according to who you are with your ambitions and plans leading you through life.... This way you wouldn't even think about comparing yourself to others but you be more interested with where you are headed because you know who you are, and you know why you are on this planet earth...

Low self esteem is when you wear a cloth, which you think is fine, but wait till your friends confirm it before you go anywhere because you are afraid of looking bad and they are your judge... without them you can't go anywhere..

High self esteem is when you tell your friends to dress you that you want to trust them that day... You are not relying on them, but just giving them an opportunity to show themselves with all those advises they have been making noise with ever since.. No matter what they dress you with, it is when you say it is great that it is great...

I will stop here... hope you remembered to take down key points... But one thing is that if you think you are not strong enough to take control of your life right now ... you should said you are not strong enough to urinate... Which is an utter lie..

So I am telling you... with knowledge of who you are.. take control of your life.. plan it step by step, ambitions, goals, and plans with knowledge and understanding and with a well defined life... you wouldn't have space for low self esteem..

cc: Deejay1000 Divay22

Remember to follow me for more updates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs by kennedymonk(m): 10:41am On Mar 06, 2017
Newbeginnings:
This is not just any writeup, but for those who want to add more to themselves and improve their confidence.. If you are reading this.... Sit down and build yourself, because you deserve to be better than you are right now... and remember practice makes perfect..

Self - Esteem is confidence, confidence is how great you feel about yourself, how great you think about yourself, and no how great you think people say you are or feel you are...

Low self esteem is a situation where you compare yourself with society or people, asking questions such as am I up to his/her standards? Will he/she accept me? Will they like me if they see me? or saying I am not good enough? I am not up to her level look at her phone/clothes/accessories... I am not up to his level look at his car/women/houses/clothes..

Low self esteem is a situation in which you care about what people think, feel, say and use what people think, feel and say about you to live your life, you use it to measure yourself and describe who you are, to measure how valuable you are.. remember for you to be valuable to others you have to be valuable to yourself and believe that you are valuable in yourself...

Gaining confidence starts by creating your own rules, values, standards for yourself and being in control of your thought and what others think about you..

Most people with low self esteem don't have a direction in life, they don't have plans for their future, they don't even know where they are going.. they are just living life and by God's grace they say....... they live life according to the what they see and not according to who they are and that is why society easily influences them and makes them lose vision of who they truly are and they start comparing themselves with others in the society.

Self esteem is confidence, confidence is how great you fell about yourself. How valuable you say you are in respect to yourself and not to others... not saying that I am more valuable than a begger or people living on the streets... No!.. you can only feel great and valuable of yourself in respect to yourself when you know who you are, your ambitions, plans, potentials and knowledge.. saying you wish to go to school, get a job, get married and have a family... those are not plans or ambitions... That is the way society makes it to be and that is why you are easily influenced and compare yourself with others.. because you are living according to society and not according to who you are..

Saying that you wish to go to school, get a job, maybe own a business, get married and have a family... those are not ambitions or plans .. that is another version of what the society creates for people to live by... If I love art and fashion and I live by it.... and I say when I go to art school, I will come out... and join an art organization.. make myself known in the art world... create a platform for young Nigerian artists to gain exposure.. build art gallaries and then maybe get married and have a family... Now those are ambitions and then I plan for them...

With this you are living according to who you are with your ambitions and plans leading you through life.... This way you wouldn't even think about comparing yourself to others but you be more interested with where you are headed because you know who you are, and you know why you are on this planet earth...

Low self esteem is when you wear a cloth, which you think is fine, but wait till your friends confirm it before you go anywhere because you are afraid of looking bad and they are your judge... without them you can't go anywhere..

High self esteem is when you tell your friends to dress you that you want to trust them that day... You are not relying on them, but just giving them an opportunity to show themselves with all those advises they have been making noise with ever since.. No matter what they dress you with, it is when you say it is great that it is great...

I will stop here... hope you remembered to take down key points... But one thing is that if you think you are not strong enough to take control of your life right now ... you should said you are not strong enough to urinate... Which is an utter lie..

So I am telling you... with knowledge of who you are.. take control of your life.. plan it step by step, ambitions, goals, and plans with knowledge and understanding and with a well defined life... you wouldn't have space for low self esteem..

this is beautiful
Re: The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs by Newbeginnings(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2017
kennedymonk:
this is beautiful

Did you just read all that in like 5 minutes... Wow thats impressive....

Thanks for the reply.... It really warms my heart that I am impacting in people..

Remember you can just follow me for more updates (I will follow you back)

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs by Deejay1000(m): 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
Newbeginnings:

thanks alot for this lovely piece sir....its soul lifting and encouraging. thanks ... i look forward to more from you
Re: The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs by Newbeginnings(m): 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2017
Deejay1000:

thanks alot for this lovely piece sir....its soul lifting and encouraging. thanks ... i look forward to more from you

Thank you too... for allowing me to impact in you...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: The Truth About Low Self Esteem - Newbeginninngs by Divay22(f): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
Newbeginnings:

Thank you so very much for this piece.....
This has given me an edge over my low self-esteem,i really appreciate.....
It not really what others think about you but what you think about yourself,how you look at yourself......
Thanks new beginning.

(1) (Reply)

Gobe! If Your Girlfriend Does Not Do Any Of These 20 Things, DO NOT Marry Her / Boyfriend Palavar / This 32yr Old White Man Still Attends Highschool!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.