Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 (1313 Views)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 / Edo Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 2 / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Good Morning.

We are back at the Edo state governorship election tribunal.

Obaseki the 2nd Respodent is expected to close his case today after seeking for adjournment last week wednesday.

Stay tune for more updates.

engineerboat
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
After the usual introduction by counsel to all
parties, the 2nd respondent (Obaseki) who
8W be closing their defence today,
commenced the defence of their case with The calling of their first deponent into the
witness box Mr. Igbinijesu Cookey Nosa
(2RW66), a businessman from Ward 9 in
Egor LGA were he functioned as the ward
collation agent. He is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 23(1-19).

During cross examination, after he was
showed Exhibit PO 21 (1,9,10,11& 16) by F
Orbih (SAN) to confirm the documents,
counsel to the 2nd respondent objected this
move on the grounds that the said witness
didn't handle Form EC8A but EC8B which he
signed as a ward collation officer.

Responding, Chief F. Orbih (SAN) told the
court that this I issue shouldn't dragged by A.
Oyeyepo counsel to the 2nd respondent but
that on the 7th of February 2017, your
lordship earlier ruled in favour of the
petitioner concerning this issue, he referred
the judge to paragraph 15 were the witness
deposited that there was over voting in his
Ward so going by his statement, he needs to
test the veracity the deponent's claims.

He also added that in his paragraph 10 he
also stated in his deposition that he received
all Polling unit results from his PU agent, so
my lordship I in order not to shutout justice,
may I be allowed to continue with my cross
examination F, Orbih asserted.

Counsel to INEC Mr. Anumwonye Onyinye
objected to the cross examination by the
petitioner on the grounds that he wasn't the
maker of the said document.

Chief F. Orbih (SAN) cited section 215(2) of
the evidence act, which he said doesn't
support the submission and contentions fie
the 1st and 3rd respondents having regards
to the evidence the witness has earlier sworn
to. He also argued that if the 1st respondent
is saying that because the witness isn't the
maker of the document he shouldn't be cross
examined then that particular section of his
statement should be expunged from his
deposition since he isn't the maker.

O. Oyeyepo (SAN) prayed the court not to
allow counsel to the petitioner go on with
asking his witness questions concerning the
above subject matter because it lacks
competence.

This argument has lingered for over 2 hour
and 15 minutes, but in a short ruling, Justice Ahmed Badamosi upheld the objections of the 2nd respondent.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by spartan117(m): 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
.when would d judge give d final verdict? @op
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by spartan117(m): 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
spartan117:
.when would d judge give d final verdict? @op

The 3rd Respondent will still call its witnesses
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
Confusion sets in for the 2nd respondent
(Obaseki) as they just withdrew their 2nd
Witness for today, we need to present our most
important witnesses, O. Oyeyepo (SAN)
pleaded, apologises my Lordship he added
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by bishopkay: 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
Thanks for the effort to intimate us on the proceedings on that travesty against democracy.

The partisan mods we have here would never let this see fp
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by denko(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
With what i m seeing APC might loose this, If the judiciary is not coerce

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
The 2nd witness (2RW67) after the
replacement mounted he witness box.

He is Mr. kheafe lghodaro Dennis, from Otuo
in Owan East LGA. He is to be cross
examined with exhibit PO 97(1-17).

Counsel to the petitioner asked the witness if
before his deposition he had seen the Voters
register from his ward, he replied No my
Lord.

FOrbih (SAN), again asked do you agree
with me that before you can determine over
Voting you must have seen the voters
register, i repeat do you need the voters
register to determine over voting, he said No.

He was also given exhibit PO 299 (6,5 & 10)
to identify if they were the voters register
used in your ward which he supervised, he
confirmed, yes my Lord
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
The 3rd witness (2RW68) Mr. Hillary Ozogo,
from m Owan East LGA.

He is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 4(57), .PO 98(1-17).

Can over voting be determined by comparing
the voters register with the entries in form
ECBA, F Orbih (SAN) asked. The witness said
yes he agrees.

Did you see the endorsements on the voters
register before your deposition was written.
The witness answered that in paragraph 18
of his deposition, the information that
formed his statement was gotten from his
polling unit agents
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by ComrTonwa: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
Engineer boat..u will faint like Uriel the day the tribunal will give its final ruling against the dead PDP according to Obasanjo..continue uploading trash
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by denko(m): 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
U think from bottom
ComrTonwa:
Engineer boat..u will faint like Uriel the day the tribunal will give its final ruling against the dead PDP according to Obasanjo..continue uploading trash
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by Elose11(m): 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
ComrTonwa:
Panic mode activated. Dead PDP still winning election. who flogged a dead horse? Cowards! If they believe PDP is dead, why are they still using their utmost to rig them out? Obasanjo's days are numbered. PDP will live to spit on his grave.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by ComrTonwa: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
Elose11:

Panic mode activated. Dead PDP still winning election. who flogged a dead horse? Cowards! If they believe PDP is dead, why are they still using their utmost to rig them out? Obasanjo's days are numbered. PDP will live to spit on his grave.

ur comments sounds so boyish and demeaning... Go and do ur SS2 homework pls..this thread is for matured people
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2017
The 5th witness (2RW70) is Mr. Adams Ozimede Andrew, a teacher from Uzairue in Etsako West LGA, he functioned as the ward collation agent for ward 10, to be cross examined with exhibits PO 4(60) and PO 64(1-16).

During the cross examination by F. Orbih (SAN) , the witness was asked I accreditation is done using the voters register, Do you agree he went further and the witness answer was "I don't know"

Counsel to the petitioner to the witness, have you ever seen the witness deposition? No, the witness answered.

Have you seen the endorsements of the voters register for your units in your ward at anytime before today? ,the witness answered "No".

Do you agree that there can be cases of over voting from the voters register? The witness said he disagrees because he is not INEC.

Orbih - Show him exhibits PO 235(1,2,3) of the voters register from his unit were he voted, are those the voters register? He said " I don't know"

You voted in unit 3, so check if there are tickings to the left? The witness said "I can see tickings but I can't tell where it is".

The witness is then discharged.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
Counsel to the 2nd respondent Ken Mozia (SAN) just tendered from the bar ,certified true copy of INEC approved guidelines and regulations for the conduct of the 2015 general elections and a copy of it's official receipt issued by INEC to the court. .
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2017
This was accepted by counsels to both the 1st and 3rd respondent but objected by the petitioner who added that it will be debated during their final addresses, Justice Ahmed Badamosi admitted the evidence as exhibits 2WR54 and 2WR55 respectively.

Ken Mozia (SAN) ,"we thereby move that our defence be closed since our 10 days just elapsed"
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2017
The case of the 2nd respondent is thereby closed the ,judge ruled
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
Justice Ahmed Badamosi adjourns sitting till Thursday, 9th March 2017 for the commencement of the 3rd respondent's (APC) defence.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
Updates continue on Thursday March 9th, 2017.

for those abusing me, please continue to say what you like.

its a free world.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
ComrTonwa:

Are you sure.

Can the dead be giving the living a turf time at the tribunal.

is it the dead party that is making Obaseki Witness and counsel to dey contradict each other ni
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 by engineerboat(m): 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
ComrTonwa:

Dead you mean.

1. Gombe just finished LGA election, what is the result
2. Rivers state concluded election (Ask for the score abeg). so APC led government need, SARS Commanders, Army, Police and ABUJA to slug it out with dead PDP.
3. Taraba State just held a LGA election (Ask for the score)

Mr Man. Its better you don't comment at all than saying what you dont know

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cross River Superhighway EIA Fails To Impress 3rd Time Out (must Read) / As You Commemorate Biafra Day , Remember Bruce Mayrock Who Died For Biafran / Anambra Elections Boycott: Nnamdi Kanu Is Right About One Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.