Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492010 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Michoolu(m): 11:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
Tempelof:
Got B1/B2 family visa of four last July. please i need your response because i want to visit this may for 10 days and the whole family together in August for holiday.

You can definitely travel to the US as often as ur VISA is valid and have your purpose of coming clear and other information.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Daragurl12:
Quote:yes my Hubby's receipt was crossed with a black X but I think it was because we were selected for random security check at Doha,though most pple with d black X on their receipt were sent to secondary inspection but all thanks to God we were not.]

Hello.

When the automatic passport control kiosk gave you the receipt with your picture on it, was there a black X across it or it was just plain?

Also does anyone know what the black x means?

Black X or SSSS means the computer has automatically picked you for random and secondary checks most time this is because someone with your name is on flight risk list.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
Tempelof:
Got B1/B2 family visa of four last July. please i need your response because i want to visit this may for 10 days and the whole family together in August for holiday.
what advise do you need?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ussyberry(m): 2:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello seyewest

Please what do you advise about the address to use in the custom declaration form

The initial hotel booked for one night or the final destination house of a relative?

Thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tunbebes(f): 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello sir. You are doing a great job.

Please, what questions can a person going for African American Parade organisation in the USA be asked?

Does he have to go with a credit card? And like how much should he travel with?

Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ess: 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ussyberry:
Hello seyewest

Please what do you advise about the address to use in the custom declaration form

The initial hotel booked for one night or the final destination house of a relative?

Thank you

I normally put the first point of stay even if it is just a day.
If you want to be funky then put both and explain honestly if asked.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ussyberry:
Hello seyewest

Thank you
if your final destination is far and you have not purchase plane ticket at the time you arrived in U.S I will suggest you stick with the hotel address but if you have your plane ticket and flying to your final destination within a day of landing in U.S your final destination address should be the one you should write.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
tunbebes:
Hello sir. You are doing a great job.

Please, what questions can a person going for African American Parade organisation in the USA be asked?

Does he have to go with a credit card? And like how much should he travel with?

Thanks.

Do you have a Valid U.S visa?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tunbebes(f): 2:38am On Apr 27, 2017
seyewest:

Do you have a Valid U.S visa?

Thanks for the response. No. My cousin is going for the interview tomorrow.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Harberdy: 8:44am On Apr 27, 2017
U.B.A gave me PTA with a oneway Ticket.i have my $4000 as we speak.Go and make enquire.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Harberdy: 8:57am On Apr 27, 2017
Terminalia:

UBA will not give your USD with one way ticket ooo for PTA, but if u want to pay through form A, your school's acct will be directly credited, u will not be given the cash. Thanks
[quote author=deeteeneey post=55906255]please any idea of banks that would give PTA with one way? Thank

UBA gave me PTA $4000 with a one way ticket for a student visa.You must have a valid student visa,oneway ticket and present your admission letter.i have my $4000 as we speak.Go and make enquire

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2017
tunbebes:

Thanks for the response. No. My cousin is going for the interview tomorrow.

When they've issued the visa we can talk about it...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ramj: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ussyberry:
Hello All!

This is a truly wonderful thread, please keep up the good work!

I have two questions

1) on the customs declaration form (or while using the Automatic passport control kiosk) they ask your address while in the US. Thing is next week I have booked a hotel in New York just for the night I land, then I have 3 nights in another hotel in the Washington area, it's after these two bookings that I will go to Oklahoma and spent over a week until I fly back to New York for my return flight to naija.

Question is , what address should I use. The first hotel or the second or my cousins address in Oklahoma which is my final ultimate destination?

2) also on the form they ask what countries you have visited during this particular trip. I'm transiting through Cairo as per Egypt air. In that slot should I just say non or write Egypt . The transit layover is overnight.

Please advise

Thank you all

Usually i believe your first place of contact would be best appropriate or the place you would be staying the longest number of days
2. To visit a country you need to have your passport stamped or given entry permit actually enter the country. if your stop over involves leaving the airport and sleeping in an hotel (which would require a transit visa) then Yoy can fill Egypt. but if your transit is just in the airport then no need to fill Egypt.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lrmush(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
I hope taking egusi and ogbono won't be an issue at the p.o.e? And can you educate me on the self biometric kiosk, as have heard about it on this forum. Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lrmush:
I hope taking egusi and ogbono won't be an issue at the p.o.e? And can you educate me on the self biometric kiosk, as have heard about it on this forum. Thanks

First of all, why are you traveling to U.S?
Not every airport use the self biometric kiosk and it's easy to use anyway...if you can use atm machines and computer it shouldn't be hard for you to use.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lrmush(m): 7:01am On Apr 28, 2017
Yea to u.s, Houston. Traveling for the first time on a b1/b2, staying with an uncle for 2 weeks. And you've not answered the ogbono nd egusi part. Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
Lrmush:
Yea to u.s, Houston. Traveling for the first time on a b1/b2, staying with an uncle for 2 weeks. And you've not answered the ogbono nd egusi part. Thanks

A friend of my cousin entered Houston with Garri and Origin bitters..He explained it to them and they checked it and let him through so I'm sure it won't be a problem, make sure you answer them correctly.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Good morning good people! I got a b1/b2 visa for vacation with my wife and son sometimes last year....due to one or two things, we have been unable to go....I now have a conference ds year in another state.....can I use the existing visa for it or I have to apply for another one ?.....is there any process I have to follow thru with? Kindly advice on the next step for to be able to attend the conference. Sincere advice pls....what shld I expect at the POE?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
1. WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE WITH YOUR FAMILY?
2. DID YOU ALWAYS INTEND TO USE THIS VISA FOR THE CONFERENCE?
3. CAN I SEE YOUR PHONE PLEASE.
4. QUESTIONS RELATED TO YOUR FIELD
5. QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE CONFERENCE
6. QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOUR FIELD AND THE CONFERENCE
7. HOW MUCH ARE YOU CARRYING ON YOU?

Do let us know, how it went.

gboyegz:
Good morning good people! I got a b1/b2 visa for vacation with my wife and son sometimes last year....due to one or two things, we have been unable to go....I now have a conference ds year in another state.....can I use the existing visa for it or I have to apply for another one ?.....is there any process I have to follow thru with? Kindly advice on the next step for to be able to attend the conference. Sincere advice pls....what shld I expect at the POE?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
gboyegz:
No need applying for another one but why don't you wanna go with your family even if you wanna go for conference.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
seyewest:

No need applying for another one but why don't you wanna go with your family even if you wanna go for conference.

I don't jave that kind of money right now!

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE WITH YOUR FAMILY?
2. DID YOU ALWAYS INTEND TO USE THIS VISA FOR THE CONFERENCE?
3. CAN I SEE YOUR PHONE PLEASE.
4. QUESTIONS RELATED TO YOUR FIELD
5. QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE CONFERENCE
6. QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOUR FIELD AND THE CONFERENCE
7. HOW MUCH ARE YOU CARRYING ON YOU?

Do let us know, how it went.

Am kinda cool with these questions....wld av loved to go with my family ds time but....I can't. ...only praying not to have issues at the POE.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by rolly86(m): 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hello, good afternoon.
I applied for a B1 visa three days ago to attend the Youth Assembly at the UN and it was approved. It is supposed to hold in New York this August, 9-12.
But I plan to travel to Austin in mid July before attending the conference in August from there. I filled in JFK and a hotel in NY in the DS-160 I submitted for the visa interview, and that I will be staying for only 6 days.
But I want to fly directly to Texas in July.
What do you advise?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
YOU told the VISA OFFICER that YOU are going for a UN PROGRAM in NEW YORK from AUGUST 9-12 and you want to go to TEXAS in MID JULY.

GO TO TEXAS AFTER YOUR UN CONFERENCE. UNLESS YOU LIKE THE STRESS OF DEPORTATION. MY OPINION.

rolly86:
Hello, good afternoon.
I applied for a B1 visa three days ago to attend the Youth Assembly at the UN and it was approved. It is supposed to hold in New York this August, 9-12.
But I plan to travel to Austin in mid July before attending the conference in August from there. I filled in JFK and a hotel in NY in the DS-160 I submitted for the visa interview, and that I will be staying for only 6 days.
What do you advise?

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
rolly86:
Hello, good afternoon.
What do you advise?
Try it and they will return you to Nigeria... There's reason it's a B1 visa.

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by rolly86(m): 12:10am On May 01, 2017
I haven't picked up my passport yet. I will do that on Wednesday. I know they usually give a combined class of B1/B2. Or if it's just B1, Can I still travel to the US subsequently with same visa after the conference?

KaptainAfrika:
YOU told the VISA OFFICER that YOU are going for a UN PROGRAM in NEW YORK from AUGUST 9-12 and you want to go to TEXAS in MID JULY.

GO TO TEXAS AFTER YOUR UN CONFERENCE. UNLESS YOU LIKE THE STRESS OF DEPORTATION. MY OPINION.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 12:29am On May 01, 2017
oh yes, but you must attend that conference.

rolly86:
I haven't picked up my passport yet. I will do that on Wednesday. I know they usually give a combined class of B1/B2. Or if it's just B1, Can I still travel to the US subsequently with same visa after the conference?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by rolly86(m): 12:38am On May 01, 2017
Definitely, I don't plan to miss the conference. I will attend. One more thing, can I fly directly to New York instead before the actual date I am supposed to travel. I just want to be able to look around and do some tour. I will not have time to do that during or after the conference as I have to return to work. Thanks so much.

KaptainAfrika:
oh yes, but you must attend that conference.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KaptainAfrika: 1:12am On May 01, 2017
As this is your first trip to the US, it is not recommended. Too many questions on why you are here before your conference etc. If you were a frequent traveller to the US, they probably won't mind.

rolly86:
Definitely, I don't plan to miss the conference. I will attend. One more thing, can I fly directly to New York instead before the actual date I am supposed to travel. I just want to be able to look around and do some tour. I will not have time to do that during or after the conference as I have to return to work. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by rolly86(m): 11:05am On May 01, 2017
Ok. Great. Thanks so much.

KaptainAfrika:
As this is your first trip to the US, it is not recommended. Too many questions on why you are here before your conference etc. If you were a frequent traveller to the US, they probably won't mind.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Michoolu(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2017
Hello House which bank is the cheapest for PTA. Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by atuagbo: 3:08pm On May 01, 2017
krissein:

Perfumes allowed in cabin but must be in bottle not exceeding 100ml, sprays not allowed.

A relative I'll be staying with during my vacation, asked me to bring for her body cream in aluminum tube containers. I hope there wouldn't be problem at the POE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.