Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (493879 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2018
Osama10:

Thanks bro.

How was the trip?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Osama10(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
seyewest:

How was the trip?

Very fine bro, my pocket they cry now...Lol
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
Osama10:

Very fine bro, my pocket they cry now...Lol

lolzzzz
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Osama10(m): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
seyewest:

lolzzzz

It was worth it anyway.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
post=66805444:
ode! US visa officers check these threads

Don't mind them. That is what I keep saying...

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by NanaOne1: 12:31am On May 04, 2018
Hi Guys,

Will attend my graduation next week and want to know whether the entry clearance officers sometimes ask the amount of money one is carrying. Will be staying at a hotel costing about $500

How much money would you recommend I have on me

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ess: 3:19pm On May 04, 2018
NanaOne1:
Hi Guys,

Will attend my graduation next week and want to know whether the entry clearance officers sometimes ask the amount of money one is carrying. Will be staying at a hotel costing about $500

Thanks

They may not ask since it is not medical visit.
On how much you should carry depends on the days you intend to stay.
Lets say a day is $100 for transport and food...(on the high side)
Hotel already taken care of... $500
Shopping...depends on how deep your pocket is...could be in thousands!

Only you can determine how much you need.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:47pm On May 04, 2018
NanaOne1:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

It all depend on how long you're staying for.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jamesgordon: 1:51pm On May 05, 2018
seyewest:

It all depend on how long you're staying for.

I have a similar budget for my trip too. My hotel cost for 11 days is $500. I intend holding $2k in total hope that’s enough.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 4:54pm On May 05, 2018
jamesgordon:

I have a similar budget for my trip too. My hotel cost for 11 days is $500. I intend holding $2k in total hope that’s enough.
Where did you book your hotel, that's cheap for 11days
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jamesgordon: 7:12pm On May 05, 2018
olumig:
Where did you book your hotel, that's cheap for 11days

Booked it way back like 3months ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2018
jamesgordon:

Not bad at all.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:00pm On May 05, 2018
jamesgordon:

Booked it way back like 3months ago

Bros na hostel with bunk bed oooo not private room and a shared toilet and bathroom.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 8:30pm On May 05, 2018
seyewest:

Bros na hostel with bunk bed oooo not private room and a shared toilet and bathroom.
Some are not that grim, some do have private toilet.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jamesgordon: 12:32am On May 06, 2018
seyewest:

Check it out it’s a clean budget for a single guy
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by alexandramylee: 12:47am On May 06, 2018
ayenikunle:

You will be deported @ the POE.

It's better you apply for a new visa, stating your present intention.

Hello, I wasn’t deported. Sending this from the other side. Gather your facts right and don’t be too rigid in your responses. Thanks anyways.

9 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ogadogood: 7:26am On May 06, 2018
Got my visa last week, stated i will be traveling middle of June first timer but i just got a contract to execute and i can't even trade this contract for anything which means i won't be able to travel as planned...i hope i can use the the visa to travel for Xmas?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by signature2012(m): 8:13am On May 06, 2018
ogadogood:
Got my visa last week, stated i will be traveling middle of June first timer but i just got a contract to execute and i can't even trade this contract for anything which means i won't be able to travel as planned...i hope i can use the the visa to travel for Xmas?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ogadogood: 9:55am On May 06, 2018
signature2012:

Yes.
OK thanks, as i use to see people talk about visa renewal here
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2018
ogadogood:
was your Visa to attend a conference
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ogadogood: 11:17am On May 06, 2018
olumig:
was your Visa to attend a conference
No , vacation
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2018
ogadogood:
No , vacation
cool no issues then
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ogadogood: 11:36am On May 06, 2018
olumig:
cool no issues then
thanks bro
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:37pm On May 06, 2018
jamesgordon:

Check it out it’s a clean budget for a single guy

Not against it at all and if I'm doing RTW trip that is where I will stay considering the price and proximity to all the hotspot in Manhattan....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 2:47pm On May 06, 2018
alexandramylee:

Hello, I wasn’t deported. Sending this from the other side. Gather your facts right and don’t be too rigid in your responses. Thanks anyways.

Nice one... Thanks for the update... it's a risk you took and it worked for you... not everyone would have scaled through like that. congrats and have a safe delivery!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2018
alexandramylee:

Thank God you got in without problem, please share your transcript and the whole saga.... Hope you have a sweet holiday.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:59pm On May 06, 2018
ogadogood:

Is it a tourist visa or business visa?

N.B. Answered already.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by eyinola: 9:13pm On May 06, 2018
seyewest:

Is it a tourist visa or business visa?

N.B. Answered already.
I think he can use the visa anytime since it's for vacation
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:38pm On May 06, 2018
eyinola:
I think he can use the visa anytime since it's for vacation

Yes sure
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by classyfabrics: 8:39pm On May 07, 2018
To God be the glory, I got here safely.

Left Nigeria via BA Friday night. Arrived Heathrow terminal 5 and in the process of connecting to terminal 3, those of us who were going to the US via American Airline were directed to a separate queue where my BA ticket was changed to AA. The lady asked how long I would be staying in the US, where I would be staying, where I work and what I do at my place of work. She wished me a safe flight and I joined the bus that took us to terminal 3.

Stayed in Heathrow for 7 hours before boarding AA. I was the only black on that particular flight from Heathrow to Miami. Arrived in Miami and joined the queue for the self service Passport scan, after scanning, I went to join another queue to see the Cpd officer

Cpd: hi, how are you? *smiling
Me: Very tired
Cpd officer: You will be fine, how long are you here for?
Me: told him
Cpd: Business or pleasure
Cpd: you are welcome, enjoy your stay. *gave me my passport
Me: Are you not going to stamp me in and get more details? * smiling
Cpd: *laughed* we have your details already when you used the self service machine to scan your passport. Let me stamp your passport if you insist but it doesn't really matter. * stamps my passport
Me: Laughing too
Thank you, have a great day

Reporting life from Miami, lol.

19 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jamesgordon: 11:51pm On May 07, 2018
classyfabrics:
To God be the glory, I got here safely.

Left Nigeria via BA Friday night. Arrived Heathrow terminal 5 and in the process of connecting to terminal 3, those of us who were going to the US via American Airline were directed to a separate queue where my BA ticket was changed to AA.The lady asked how long I would be staying in the US, where I would be staying, where I work and what I do at my place of work. She wished me a safe flight and I joined the bus that took us to terminal 3.

Stayed in Heathrow for 7 hours before boarding AA. I was the only black on that particular flight from Heathrow to Miami. Arrived in Miami and joined the queue for the self service Passport scan, after scanning, I went to join another queue to see the Cpd officer

Cpd: hi, how are you? *smiling
Me: Very tired
Cpd officer: You will be fine, how long are you here for?
Cpd: Business or pleasure
Cpd: you are welcome, enjoy your stay. *gave me my passport
Me: Are you not going to stamp me in and get more details? * smiling
Cpd: *laughed* we have your details already when you used the self service machine to scan your passport. Let me stamp your passport if you insist but it doesn't really matter. * stamps my passport
Me: Laughing too
Thank you, have a great day

Reporting life from Miami, lol.

I was asked such questions when I was going from Amsterdam (KLM) thru Delta Airline the dude was asking so many questions, even asked to see an evidence I worked where I said I worked so I showed him the HR letter I was to show the VO during the interview.

Also was asked who bought the ticket for me lol.. I was like excuse me, what do u mean? then he realized I was almost getting angry he then sent me to a lady that issued me the new boarding pass.

Wonder who those guys are? Airline officers or Immigration officers in mufti or it’s a normal cross checking protocol to everyone traveling to the US

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by classyfabrics: 12:26am On May 08, 2018
jamesgordon:

I was asked such questions when I was going from Amsterdam (KLM) thru Delta Airline the dude was asking so many questions, even asked to see an evidence I worked where I said I worked so I showed him the HR letter I was to show the VO but he never asked to see it.
Even asked me who bought the ticket for me lol.. I was like excuse me, what do u mean? then he realized I was almost getting angry he then sent me to a lady that issued me the new boarding pass.

I wonder who those guys are? Airline officers or Immigration officers in mufti or it’s a normal cross checking protocol to everyone traveling to the US

I wonder too o. I didn't expect to be questioned at heathrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.