Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (494280 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:10am On May 08, 2018
classyfabrics:
To God be the glory, I got here safely.

Left Nigeria via BA Friday night. Arrived Heathrow terminal 5 and in the process of connecting to terminal 3, those of us who were going to the
Thank you, have a great day

Reporting life from Miami, lol.

Nice transcript

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:11am On May 08, 2018
jamesgordon:

I was asked such questions when I was going from Amsterdam (KLM) thru Delta Airline the dude was asking so many questions, even asked to see an evidence I worked where I said I worked so I showed him the HR letter I was to show the VO but he never asked to see it.
Even asked me who bought the ticket for me lol.. I was like excuse me, what do u mean? then he realized I was almost getting angry he then sent me to a lady that issued me the new boarding pass.

I wonder who those guys are? Airline officers or Immigration officers in mufti or it’s a normal cross checking protocol to everyone traveling to the US

I think they're attached to US security
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by santricedupas(m): 11:26am On May 08, 2018
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by santricedupas(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2018
classyfabrics:

I wonder too o. I didn't expect to be questioned at heathrow.

so if one fails any interview at stop over they will deport someone again, abeg make I find airline wey go go new York direct without stop over, I can handle poe questions better.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 2:40pm On May 08, 2018
santricedupas:

so if one fails any interview at stop over they will deport someone again, abeg make I find airline wey go go new York direct without stop over, I can handle poe questions better.

It can happen to you even in Nigeria. Be happy you know now what you may be up against as you embark on such trips.... In essence, be prepared at all times. But then, if you are legit, no cause for alarm! AMS, DXB, FCO, and ABV have all served me a dose of this experience in the past, mince meat though.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 5:48pm On May 08, 2018
Those are normal questions those folks ask as long as you do NOT have a US or EU passport. Carrying a Nigerian passport does not help much either. If anything, it may cause more scrutinization.

I see mention above of BA ticket being changed to AA. They are airline partners/code sharing so that happens often. On my last trip to Lagos last month, the return trip from Frankfurt to Chicago was operated by United Airlines. United and Lufthansa are partners.
jamesgordon:

I was asked such questions when I was going from Amsterdam (KLM) thru Delta Airline the dude was asking so many questions, even asked to see an evidence I worked where I said I worked so I showed him the HR letter I was to show the VO during the interview.

Also was asked who bought the ticket for me lol.. I was like excuse me, what do u mean? then he realized I was almost getting angry he then sent me to a lady that issued me the new boarding pass.

Wonder who those guys are? Airline officers or Immigration officers in mufti or it’s a normal cross checking protocol to everyone traveling to the US
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by doublejoyful: 6:36pm On May 08, 2018
Good evening all,
I stated on my visa form that I will spend 3weeks and I just realised that the 3weeks fall's in the month of Ramadan so I booked a ticket for 6weeks. Do you think I will have issue at poe.

Thank you urgent response needed
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2018
doublejoyful:
Good evening all,
I stated on my visa form that I will spend 3weeks and I just realised that the 3weeks fall's in the month of Ramadan so I booked a ticket for 6weeks. Do you think I will have issue at poe.

Thank you urgent response needed

Is your visa business visa?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by doublejoyful: 9:47pm On May 08, 2018
B1/b2 actually going for graduation and spending time with my family

seyewest:

Is your visa business visa?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2018
doublejoyful:
B1/b2 actually going for graduation and spending time with my family

If that's the case you can change the day and if they ask why... explain why you did so.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by doublejoyful: 9:38pm On May 09, 2018
Thank you so much

seyewest:

If that's the case you can change the day and if they ask why... explain why you did so.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jamesgordon: 10:22pm On May 09, 2018
I just saw the news about Nigerians abusing US visas to cross into Canada on CNN.

Seems the asylum seekers crossing from the US to Canada will in a way affect law abiding visiting/tourist Nigerians as they will be priority to scrutinize Nigerians coming in.

It’s well..

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2018
jamesgordon:
I just saw the news about Nigerians abusing US visas to cross into Canada on CNN.

Seems the asylum seekers crossing from the US to Canada will in a way affect law abiding visiting/tourist Nigerians as they will be priority to scrutinize Nigerians coming in.

It’s well..

You are not far from the truth and I hope we get it right in this country.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 4:53pm On May 10, 2018
seyewest:

You are not far from the truth and I hope we get it right in this country.

Seye, I'm getting seriously worried about our getting it right. Just dunno why the whole stuff seem getting bleaker and bleaker in my view, very blurry. The calibre of persons disappearing is actually a cause for alarm.... Exiting Naija isn't on the table for me just yet at all, I hope the US and Canada remains open to us always as visitors.

Even the UAE has commenced tightening its seatbelt for Nigerians as per their visa issuance sef. Imagine now having to go to Abuja to finalize their visa process, no longer at ease at all.... Ordinary Dubai that we used to get their visas on our beds oh. I'm vexed by the system, it may not have succeeded in affecting me as an individual, but the heat is on. We are losing brains!

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Seye, I'm getting seriously worried about our getting it right. Just dunno why the whole stuff seem getting bleaker and bleaker in my view, very blurry. The calibre of persons disappearing is actually a cause for alarm.... Exiting Naija isn't on the table for me just yet at all, I hope the US and Canada remains open to us always as visitors.

Even the UAE has commenced tightening its seatbelt for Nigerians as per their visa issuance sef. Imagine now having to go to Abuja to finalize their visa process, no longer at ease at all.... Ordinary Dubai that we used to get their visas on our beds oh. I'm vexed by the system, it may not have succeeded in affecting me as an individual, but the heat is on. We are losing brains!

The brain drain is alarming and the Government is not saying or doing anything....
Just hearing about the UAE Visa... Please gist me ooo embarassed
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nattybanta(m): 4:29pm On May 12, 2018
seyewest:

The brain drain is alarming and the Government is not saying or doing anything....
Just hearing about the UAE Visa... Please gist me ooo embarassed
grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by zenithmarine: 11:24am On May 13, 2018
Got the visa with my dad on 23rd of april

Experience at poe at dfw in Dallas on the
8th of may I flew Alone without dad
British airways was just average compared with the Emirates we used to Dubai

While filling the APC form at the kiosk, I got a big X on my form
I was directed to another queue
In my mind e don be today
Maybe because I didn't travel with dad
So I joined the queue
And when it got to my turn

Poe: you have vegetables in your bag (I had click on yes when asked if I had any veggies at the kiosk)
Me: yes, but it's Dried
Poe: stamped me in for 6 months

That was all
I had booked my greyhound bus
So I got to greyhound bus station in Dallas downtown (terrible place I must say , terrible)
I got to Oklahoma pretty late

Now my experience so far in oklahoma
The place is boring , no fun place, nothing special can't wait to be home
Thanks seyewest , I was following this your thread codedly

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by zenithmarine: 11:35am On May 13, 2018
classyfabrics:

I wonder too o. I didn't expect to be questioned at heathrow.

In used BA too, and AA. Nobody asked any questions . Maybe because the flight was to Dallas and naija plenty small .many of us coming from Lagos together
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:13pm On May 13, 2018
zenithmarine:
Got the visa with my dad on 23rd of april

Experience at poe at dfw in Dallas on the
8th of may I flew Alone without dad
British airways was just average compared with the Emirates we used to Dubai

While filling the APC form at the kiosk, I got a big X on my form
I was directed to another queue
In my mind e don be today
Maybe because I didn't travel with dad
So I joined the queue
And when it got to my turn

Poe: you have vegetables in your bag (I had click on yes when asked if I had any veggies at the kiosk)
Me: yes, but it's Dried
Poe: stamped me in for 6 months

That was all
I had booked my greyhound bus
So I got to greyhound bus station in Dallas downtown (terrible place I must say , terrible)
I got to Oklahoma pretty late

Now my experience so far in oklahoma
The place is boring , no fun place, nothing special can't wait to be home
Thanks seyewest , I was following this your thread codedly

You're welcome and about the boring part use your google map to locate interesting places and try and register for uber so it will be easy for you to move around.
Have fun. grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by iwuoahsamuels: 9:46am On May 15, 2018
Dried vegetables - scent leave, uziza, ugu ,bitter leave,
Ground crayfish
Ground beans flour
Salt
Knorr cube
Ground garri
Ground pepper soup spice
Ground egusi
Powdered curry
Ground dry pepper
Ground Uda and uziza
Ground ogbono
Dried fish
Dried stock fish
Dried beans
Dried rice

The list above is what I’m carrying
Leaving tonight for NY POE
Houston bound
Pls is there anything in this list tha is prohibited or they may likely seize
Pls advise
All are in ziploc and labelled

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by uniquema: 12:24pm On May 15, 2018
Just make sure your knorr cubes are not chicken flavour.
iwuoahsamuels:
Ground crayfish
Ground beans flour
Salt
Knorr cube
Ground garri
Ground pepper soup spice
Ground egusi
Powdered curry
Ground dry pepper
Ground Uda and uziza
Ground ogbono
Dried fish
Dried stock fish
Dried beans
Dried rice

Houston bound
Pls advise
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dremca(m): 12:56pm On May 15, 2018
Please why.
uniquema:
Just make sure your knorr cubes are not chicken flavour.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by HelenaEdwin: 1:31pm On May 15, 2018
Anything chicken is not allowed into the USA.
That is what i was told at the POE by the officer
You better not carry it except yoi feel like throwing away money
Dremca:
Please why.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by eyinola: 2:47pm On May 15, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Ground crayfish
Ground beans flour
Salt
Knorr cube
Ground garri
Ground pepper soup spice
Ground egusi
Powdered curry
Ground dry pepper
Ground Uda and uziza
Ground ogbono
Dried fish
Dried stock fish
Dried beans
Dried rice

Houston bound
Pls advise
chaii food finish for here ooooo.. Knorn chicken are not allowed to enter usa unless u blend it to powder... Na secret I tell u so ooo
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dremca(m): 3:07pm On May 15, 2018
I wonder what the chicken in the knorr does to them.
eyinola:
chaii food finish for here ooooo.. Knorn chicken are not allowed to enter usa unless u blend it to powder... Na secret I tell u so ooo
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by uniquema: 3:36pm On May 15, 2018
I was sent to secondary inspection to find out if the knorr cube i had was chicken or beef, we later found out it was beef. My wife packed them so when i was asked the flavour by the cbp officer, i answered that i do not know cos it was my wife that packed it so they said they needed to confirm
Dremca:
Please why.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Ground crayfish
Ground beans flour
Salt

Houston bound
Pls advise

How do you intend to get to Houston?
If it's by domestic airline make sure you don't have too much luggages
and if it's by bus no wahala.
Have a safe flight and don't forget to share your POE experience

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jamesgordon: 9:08pm On May 15, 2018
Share NY POE .. I’ll be going soon in some weeks time! Have a conference to attend and some sightseeing.. grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:00am On May 16, 2018
jamesgordon:
Share NY POE .. I’ll be going soon in some weeks time! Have a conference to attend and some sightseeing.. grin

okay now.... we're waiting oooo
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lee310: 11:11am On May 16, 2018
With all due respect sir. I have always read through your post and I must commend you sir. You're always on point. I have once said this in the other section of the USA visit visa thread. LadyG thinks the solution to the headache is to cut off the head but for me and my little experience, do what's right and make the world a better place for yourself and OTHERS. Nothing last forever.

Ref to my post was posted early this year. You can check it sir.

OmoBendel24:

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2018
Lee310:
With all due respect sir. I have always read through your post and I must commend you sir. You're always on point. I have once said this in the other section of the USA visit visa thread. LadyG thinks the solution to the headache is to cut off the head but for me and my little experience, do what's right and make the world a better place for yourself and OTHERS. Nothing last forever.

Ref to my post was posted early this year. You can check it sir.

We must not give up... We must strive to make this country our dream country....and we all have our style and that does not make any of us a bad the truth is that Nigerian can be funny at times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.