Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA (43580 Views)

Coronavirus: India Cancels All Valid Visas Issued To Citizens Of Italy, Others / Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
Toks2008:

I already know all these but I also know that you can live a decent life as a single person with £1k and you could save another £1k(About N600k) monthly if you have a work permit and fortunate to earn £2k or more monthly.

Likewise you can save as much in US, Canada and Australia because their cost of living is very low compared to London/UK despite their currencies not strong as pound sterling! Are you understanding now?
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by gbegemaster(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
bublin:
Nigerians I hail thee grin
grin grin Hahaaha "Carried all certificate for wedding " is that the I.V grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by Demmzy15(m): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
cstr55:

[s]Nnone of them is better than America.
And saudiarabia, UAE, Qatar are not even among the best countries in the world for immigrants. No sensible immigrant would naturally pick those countries as first choice except Nigerians and backward Africans.
What is good about a country where women are not allowed to drive, and foreigners of other faiths and race are treated like shitt?
The US has the largest number of immigrants application in the world for a reason, you ignorant islamist
.[/s]
Hairy chest beating Ipod Yoot, didn't you see where I wrote "to me o" that's according to me. Besides there are many who would agree with me!

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by holatin(m): 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

My bros, everything is fine like fanta. Thank you sir. smiley
u get mouth jare

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by DEGREE2466(m): 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
Benjom:
This Trump guy wicked sha o.

Just imagine you've said your 'bye-byes'... your family and the whole street have killed a cow for you... you've even 'gbenshin' that girl wey dey always do shakara for your area just because she heard you're travelling to yankee only for the US authority to send you back on the next available plane. Chai!!! If na me, I go kuku ma travel down to my village, 'Umuhu'. From there, organize my departure to 'Ouagadougou', the capital of Burkina Faso grin

Onye Umuhu Okabia

Nnooo
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by Zaynny83: 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
I see you are nt that enlighten in term of international economy. Qatar is the richest country in the world, United Arab Emirate is the 9th richest compared to the United States which is the 13th richest county and Saudi Arabia ranked 14th richest not to talk of Kuwait which is the 6th richest. He answered your answer correctly and all you can ask him is, if, he is a muslim. There are way better countries than the United States. Grow up
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by Zaynny83: 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
cstr55:

Nnone of them is better than America.
And saudiarabia, UAE, Qatar are not even among the best countries in the world for immigrants. No sensible immigrant would naturally pick those countries as first choice except Nigerians and backward Africans.
What is good about a country where women are not allowed to drive, and foreigners of other faiths and race are treated like shitt?
The US has the largest number of immigrants application in the world for a reason, you ignorant islamist
You are quite right, no immigrant would pick UEA , Qatar, Saudi Arabia as their first choice basically because most Nigerian are 'anywhere belle face'. Everyone want to migrate to where Mr. A migrates to...follow follow atitude. All u need to do is to visit UAE and you will swallow all ur ignorant words

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by Zaynny83: 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
enomakos:
now i understands why you choose the first 3 countries

I see you are nt that enlighten in term of international economy. Qatar is the richest country in the world, United Arab Emirate is the 9th richest compared to the United States which is the 13th richest county and Saudi Arabia ranked 14th richest not to talk of Kuwait which is the 6th richest. He answered your answer correctly and all you can ask him is, if, he is a muslim. There are way better countries than the United States. Grow up
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by cstr55: 12:16am On Mar 08, 2017
Zaynny83:
You are quite right, no immigrant would pick UEA , Qatar, Saudi Arabia as their first choice basically because most Nigerian are 'anywhere belle face'. Everyone want to migrate to where Mr. A migrates to...follow follow atitude. All u need to do is to visit UAE and you will swallow all ur ignorant words
Give me one reason why I should visit UAE for immigration?
For The nice cars of the racist arabs who feast on poor under-aged slave girls, or the pervading Islamic religion that leaves no room for anything else ? How will UAE cater for the economic and career prospects of different people of different faiths- a mono-economic Islamic country for that matter.
Btw, Who in the world even told you that sensible people go to UAE for immigration?. Sorry, your UAE is not in the list of any credible global immigration destination.
The only people going there are Africans with no self-esteem , you ignoramus.

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by enomakos(m): 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
Zaynny83:

i am more enlighten than you,i did't like arabs ok?even if you give me a job of 1 million dollar a month in those arab countries i am not going
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by enomakos(m): 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
cstr55:

Nnone of them is better than America.
seconded
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ApexTitan(m): 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
In issuing the travel warning statement the Nigerian govt is playing along with the script created by the leftist bent mainstream media. This is a classic case of fear uncertainty and doubt being spread by a govt official who should know better.

Nigeria is not among the group of countries that are under the US temporal travel ban. The US reserves the right to vet travelers entering its borders, a visa does not translate to automatic admittance. Travelers must first clear with the border agent at the POE otherwise they will be sent back.

It is very likely that the Nigerians who were sent back violated the stipulations accompanying their visas in one way or the other. Defaulters have been sent back in the past even during the Obama administration, this has nothing to do with Trump.
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 1:11am On Mar 09, 2017
ttmacoy:
Yes there have been some minor cases of green card holders being detained but if it happened after the last order was over ruled by the judge then how can it be due to trump's order?
Even during Obama and any other president green card holders have been detained if there is a reason to do so.

With the new executive order it has been made very clear green card holders and people with existing visas will not be affected, and it clearly only targets 6 specific countries (Iraq has been removed as the Iraqi government put in place extra measures from their end). I agree some green card holders were initially detained when the first order was issued and that was due to the abrupt manner it was implemented amid confusion, but it was later confirmed green card holders would not be impacted.

I still don't see how any of this warrants a travel advice from Abike Dabiri. She claims 4 Nigerians were sent back in the last 2 weeks, I am very sure it was not because of the executive order but something else especially as she says they cancelled their visa at the airport which suggest immigration fraud. This always happened even during Obama's time.

The only situation I can see a Nigerian being impacted by the executive order is if you have travelled to one of the countries on the watch list. This will definitely flag you up for extra questions and you may be sent back.

https://www.nairaland.com/3671604/h-i-idibia-tufaces-brother-denied
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ApexTitan(m): 2:13am On Mar 09, 2017
davidif:

Till the specifics of this story are made known then all you'll hear is pure speculation. People are denied entry on a range of infractions, many of which those denied do not reveal. With this temporal travel ban, everyone and their mother who gets denied can use this as a cover.
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 3:26am On Mar 09, 2017
ApexTitan:

Till the specifics of this story are made known then all you'll hear is pure speculation. People are denied entry on a range of infractions, many of which those denied do not reveal. With this temporal travel ban, everyone and their mother who gets denied can use this as a cover.

Oh my word, you Trump- kins will do anything to defend your boss. I am amazed how you people never open your eyes. It's like you people create alternate realities for yourselves.
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ttmacoy: 7:09am On Mar 09, 2017
My question to you why was he denied? He doesn't say and you automatically assume its because of trump order or because they are targetting Nigerians?

Get more facts on the case and present to me before such a conclusion. He claims to have been residing in Virginia? on what immigration status? Why was he denied or because he Tuface brother he is guaranteed entry?

As I said 4 Nigerians in a 2 weeks period is nothing based on the numbers and I can guarantee you even countries with visa free access will see up to 4 turned back.

Many students got visas, please visit the us student visa forum. Did they all get turned back?

Until you show me proof of why he was turned back just saying Tuface brother was denied means jack all. I went into the US 2 weeks ago and there was no drama so stop mass panic.

davidif:

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ttmacoy: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2017
I did a goggle search and no detail on this so called Tuface brother being denied just random blogs and papers with same headline and same body of article showing copy and paste.

Show me credible information on why he was denied and we can talk.

You act like this is the first time Nigerians have been turned back, NO. Even under Obama if they had reason to turn you back they would. Obama deported a lot of illegal immigrants during his time go do your research.

davidif:

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 7:34am On Mar 09, 2017
ApexTitan:

New York gallery owner denied entry to US
(CNN)An Argentinian art gallery owner based in New York will miss the opening of his institution's newest show because he was denied entry to the United States.
Juan Garcia Mosqueda, founder and owner of Chamber gallery in New York City, claimed in an open letter that he was detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport after returning from a visit to Argentina.
Mosqueda says he was held for 14 hours without access to legal counsel. He was allegedly ushered by armed officers onto a return flight to Buenos Aires later in the day.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BREG0oYBWCw/
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/us/gallery-owner-detained-argentina-trnd/

Muhammad Ali Jr. detained by immigration officials at Fla. airport
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/02/24/muhammad-ali-jr-detained-immigration-officials-fla-airport/98379082/

French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport

Henry Rousso, a French historian and one of the most pre-eminent scholars on the Holocaust, said he was detained for more than 10 hours by federal border agents in Houston and told he would not be allowed to enter the United States before lawyers intervened to stop his deportation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/26/us/french-historian-detained-immigration-henry-rousso.html

Do you want more?
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 7:48am On Mar 09, 2017
ttmacoy:
Yes there have been some minor cases of green card holders being detained but if it happened after the last order was over ruled by the judge then how can it be due to trump's order?
Even during Obama and any other president green card holders have been detained if there is a reason to do so.

With the new executive order it has been made very clear green card holders and people with existing visas will not be affected, and it clearly only targets 6 specific countries (Iraq has been removed as the Iraqi government put in place extra measures from their end). I agree some green card holders were initially detained when the first order was issued and that was due to the abrupt manner it was implemented amid confusion, but it was later confirmed green card holders would not be impacted.

I still don't see how any of this warrants a travel advice from Abike Dabiri. She claims 4 Nigerians were sent back in the last 2 weeks, I am very sure it was not because of the executive order but something else especially as she says they cancelled their visa at the airport which suggest immigration fraud. This always happened even during Obama's time.

The only situation I can see a Nigerian being impacted by the executive order is if you have travelled to one of the countries on the watch list. This will definitely flag you up for extra questions and you may be sent back.

(CNN)An Argentinian art gallery owner based in New York will miss the opening of his institution's newest show because he was denied entry to the United States.
Juan Garcia Mosqueda, founder and owner of Chamber gallery in New York City, claimed in an open letter that he was detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport after returning from a visit to Argentina.
Mosqueda says he was held for 14 hours without access to legal counsel. He was allegedly ushered by armed officers onto a return flight to Buenos Aires later in the day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/02/24/muhammad-ali-jr-detained-immigration-officials-fla-airport/98379082/

Henry Rousso, a French historian and one of the most pre-eminent scholars on the Holocaust, said he was detained for more than 10 hours by federal border agents in Houston and told he would not be allowed to enter the United States before lawyers intervened to stop his deportation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/26/us/french-historian-detained-immigration-henry-rousso.html
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ttmacoy: 8:13am On Mar 09, 2017
And that's your proof that Nigerians are targeted and should suspend all travel plans to the US? All valid students with visas should cancel and go to unilag right?

As far back as we can go US immigration have always stopped people and pulled people aside for extra questioning and that is not new. All this is being blown up as trump when it not necessarily so.

This is not the first time or last time people will be denied entry or questioned and it's the same everywhere so again stop making a mountain out of a molehill. If you want to cancel your travel plans go ahead while those who know they have nothing to hide will go and enter.

All you are doing is sending me links to extreme cases with little details on why exactly they were denied or questioned.

The Nigerian software developer who was questioned, why does he feel he is above questioning? That was his first time travelling and if the officials had some concerns it was his job to ask questions till he is sure, that still does not justify abiri's chicken little panic article.

davidif:

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ttmacoy: 8:54am On Mar 09, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2866800/10-reasons-why-travellers-turned

That's a post showing some of the reasons why people have always been turned back at point of entry and it is not targetting

https://www.nairaland.com/2495235/usa-visa-got-cancelled-poe

That's is a another link of a Nigerian who was denied in 2015, why wasn't a statement issued then or was Trump in power then?

https://www.nairaland.com/864807/denied-entry-into-uk

That's another Nigerian denied entry to the UK in 2012. See how I found you ass a spread over the years? Why no cry of Nigerians targeted ?

People will always be denied and that's a fact. If a border official has reason to suspect you are not coming for shah you claim to be coming for you will be questioned.

Abiri coming to the conclusion Nigerians are targeted because 4 people were turned back out of the thousands who travelled in that 2 week period is bullshit.

davidif:

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ApexTitan(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
davidif:

Do you want more?

Please show us more. In fact, dig back to 2009 when saint Obama was in office and you will see that border agents and TSA officials have been detaining and turning back some supposedly 'valid travelers' since then. All of this did not start in 2017 and so saying that it's a result of Trump's executive order is false.

All of those cases were unique and until the specific reasons or what truly transpired at the POE are released then what is going on here is just speculation and fear mongering.
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
ttmacoy:
https://www.nairaland.com/2866800/10-reasons-why-travellers-turned

That's a post showing some of the reasons why people have always been turned back at point of entry and it is not targetting

https://www.nairaland.com/2495235/usa-visa-got-cancelled-poe

That's is a another link of a Nigerian who was denied in 2015, why wasn't a statement issued then or was Trump in power then?

https://www.nairaland.com/864807/denied-entry-into-uk

That's another Nigerian denied entry to the UK in 2012. See how I found you ass a spread over the years? Why no cry of Nigerians targeted ?

People will always be denied and that's a fact. If a border official has reason to suspect you are not coming for shah you claim to be coming for you will be questioned.

Abiri coming to the conclusion Nigerians are targeted because 4 people were turned back out of the thousands who travelled in that 2 week period is bullshit.

Goodness gracious! You Trumpkins would defend your master to the death it seems. The truth of the matter is that the collateral effects of the Trump ban has ensnared a lot of people who are not from the banned countries. We are seeing border patrol sending people back home easily. I guess they have been giving more authority than they ever have and they can turn you back for any reason now.

If you have never had to cross into the US multiple times you shouldn't be talking about border patrol as this people can send you back for any reason even if you have a legal status that's how powerful they are and now that they have been more emboldened, who knows what they would do?
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
ApexTitan:

Please show us more. In fact, dig back to 2009 when saint Obama was in office and you will see that border agents and TSA officials have been detaining and turning back some supposedly 'valid travellers' since then. All of this did not start in 2017 and so saying that it's a result of Trump's executive order is false.

All of those cases were unique and until the specific reasons or what truly transpired at the POE are released then what is going on here is just speculation and fear mongering.

https://www.nairaland.com/3673141/struggles-two-nigerians-us-airport
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ApexTitan(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2017
davidif:

Goodness gracious! You Trumpkins would defend your master to the death it seems. The truth of the matter is that the collateral effects of the Trump ban has ensnared a lot of people who are not from the banned countries. We are seeing border patrol sending people back home easily. I guess they have been giving more authority than they ever have and they can turn you back for any reason now.

If you have never had to cross into the US multiple times you shouldn't be talking about border patrol as this people can send you back for any reason even if you have a legal status that's how powerful they are and now that they have been more emboldened, who knows what they would do?

davidif:

https://www.nairaland.com/3673141/struggles-two-nigerians-us-airport

It is amusing how you choose to ignore the fact that border agents and TSA officials developed a 'reputation of notoriety' that pre-dates the current temporary travel ban.

How do you explain all the detentions and denials of entry that occurred before 2017?

How do you also explain the cases of hundreds, if not thousands of Nigerians who have successfully gained entry to the States even after the executive order issuing the travel ban had been signed? I personally know of a friend whose trip to the US a few weeks ago was via Turkey, a largely Muslim country, he had no issues at all at his point of entry - JFK Int'l airport.

Much of the hysteria and panic in the media is fueled by people who have political objectives, that is why all this is made to appear to have just started in 2017.

Not everyone is fooled.
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by shewun001: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nobody is targeting Nigerians particularly. As I speak I'm returning to Nigeria with a stop over in Qatar. I was not asked more than 3 questions at the Customs and Immigrations in the US before stamping 6 months for me. Madam Dabiri needs to stop. Its falsehood. Whatever Trump is doing is what the Americans voted for him to do,if they had turned me back it would have been for a reason.
Let someone that has been turned back honestly take us through his interview and you will see something fishy. I get angry when someone leaves Syria as a refugees and goes to Europe or America to throw a bomb. Was it America that makes our leaders and even us followers clueless and docile respectively?
I pity the pregnant Lady though.....It is well.

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 3:11am On Mar 20, 2017
ttmacoy:

Oops.
https://www.nairaland.com/3691981/african-business-summit-us-no
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by davidif: 3:12am On Mar 20, 2017
ApexTitan:

It is amusing how you choose to ignore the fact that border agents and TSA officials developed a 'reputation of notoriety' that pre-dates the current temporary travel ban.

How do you explain all the detentions and denials of entry that occurred before 2017?

How do you also explain the cases of hundreds, if not thousands of Nigerians who have successfully gained entry to the States even after the executive order issuing the travel ban had been signed? I personally know of a friend whose trip to the US a few weeks ago was via Turkey, a largely Muslim country, he had no issues at all at his point of entry - JFK Int'l airport.

Much of the hysteria and panic in the media is fueled by people who have political objectives, that is why all this is made to appear to have just started in 2017.

Not everyone is fooled.
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by abbey621(m): 5:46am On Mar 20, 2017
This has nothing to do with Trump! The 4 Nigerians were refused entries because they failed to impress the officer. They were asked purpose of visit and their phones including other belongings were searched. I can guaranty that something was found in the luggage or the phones that contradicts their purpose of visit. People keep forgetting that just because you were given a visa does not mean you will be automatically allowed entry. I remember even in 2013 I was detained and questioned even though I had my green card with me, it's not a pleasant experience but they are well within their authority.
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ttmacoy: 7:57am On Mar 20, 2017
Chief you are still on your Trump is after Nigerians narrative?

I saw this story a couple of days ago and I looked into it and I'm sorry the so called summit's story isn't straight.

Look at the website, for a summit that claims to bring the big guys of business and finance, it's quite poor and really says nothing. No names, no agenda, no program etc. Besides it was not sponsored by University if Southern California as is being reported but by the Black Alumni Association. Big difference.

http://www.agedsummit.com/

See below website for another US Africa summit and tell me the difference. You can see the names and pedigree of the speakers etc.

http://www.ccausafricasummit.com/

How do we know how many of the so called 40% who got visas last time returned to their countries? I searched through the internet and can't find proper information or photos of past events as they claim. Sorry but in this case it looks like the embassy must believe people are just using the program to get visas and run so stop attributing it to Trump. Go to the student forum many Nigerians got visas, same as the visitor visa forum on nairaland.

See link for another US Africa summit on energy and see how informative the site is. See the number of links on the webpage not just one page with copy and paste information. See photos on past events on the site, information on sponsors and partners. Now apply that same logic and look at this so called summit and out yourself in the shoes of the visa officer.

http://www.energynet.co.uk/event/powering-africa-summit-2017

Think of it, all invitees for a summit from different African countries were refused. Doesn't that tell you the US officials probably have concerns about the summit rather than immediately jump on the conclusion its Trump against Nigerians or is it Africans now?

See below a link to a previous African US summit with photos as evidence and where was it held? Addis Ababa in Africa not the US as that way you are able to reach out to many more Africans.

http://allafrica.com/infocenter/AfricaBizSummit_2016/

They claim every year about 40% are not given visas didn't they. Please send me proof of any reputable summit where they are refused visas in such amounts because for such a summit which claims to bring politicians, business people and financiers together. I would expect top notch people from Nigerian business and politics attending right?

davidif:

Oops.

Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ApexTitan(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2017
davidif:

ttmacoy is doing justice to that thread already. cheesy

You still haven't addressed any of the areas in the comment I made which you quoted. How do you explain all the denials and detentions prior to 2017?
Re: Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA by ttmacoy: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
yes oh how you dey cheesy?

What do you mean denials and detentions prior to 2017?

ApexTitan:

ttmacoy is doing justice to that thread already. cheesy

You still haven't addressed any of the areas in the comment I made which you quoted. How do you explain all the denials and detentions prior to 2017?

Home Of Guild Of Benin Bronze Casters: World Heritage Site / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / Small Car Conveys A Huge Metal Kiosk In Port Harcourt

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111