Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,383 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Banned Danfo Buses: A Step In The Right Direction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banned Danfo Buses: A Step In The Right Direction (329 Views)

Ambode Reveals When ‘danfo’ Buses Will Be Out Of Lagos Roads / Danfo Buses Will Be Replaced From January 2018 - Lagos State Government / Ambode Insists On Removing Yellow Buses (Danfo) From Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banned Danfo Buses: A Step In The Right Direction by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
I couldn’t contain my joy the moment I heard that the Lagos state government is set to ban the yellow danfo buses.

It was like a dream come true because, I don’t like the yellow danfo bus at all, not with the reckless way they drive on the road.

But then, I thought, what about the hundreds if not thousands that go about their daily businesses on the danfo bus?

What are the measures put in place to ensure that commuters do not suffer considering the fact that Lagos state is populated?

I also thought about the job losses, what about the young people whose daily bread come from being drivers and conductors of these buses?

The youths are being self employed by the minute because of the present economic downturn. Employment is in decline, so this would hit them hard.

There were too many questions to be asked and answered but, then again it is the right step in the right direction!

Yellow danfo buses are known to be used for criminal activities dating as far back as the 90s, that I’m very sure of.

One thing I have always noticed about these yellow buses is that, their fares are always very expensive!

When other types of vehicles are charging say, N50 for a trip, they’d be charging N150 to the detriment of the poor masses.

Another thing I noticed is their arrogance; I have never seen a people so arrogant like the danfo drivers.

They talk to their passengers like they are a piece of rubbish and don’t care what happens, after all police is their ‘friend.’

I cannot count how many times I was abused verbally by either the conductor or the driver himself!

The ‘one chance’ saga is widely known to be perpetrated by danfo drivers or criminals disguising as danfo drivers.

The drivers probably gives out the buses for a fee to the criminals or partakes in it, either way, they are all done by danfo buses!

The Lagos state government has done quite well in ensuring that transportation problem is a thing of the past in the state.

They provided the BRT buses under former governor, Mr. BabatundeFashola, but it seems not to be enough.

If eventually the yellow danfo buses go away, ‘Lagosians’ will have no other option than to make do with what is on ground!

I have been on the BRT bus, and to be honest, it was an interesting ride, clean and very cozy because, it had an air conditioner.

I never used to like the BRT bus, until the day my car went to the mechanics, I was forced to go on it and believe me it was worth it.

The state governor, Mr. Ambode also says, the decision was taken because, it wants Lagos state to maintain a clean and green environment!

Anything to keep our environment green is a welcome idea because; green environment is a healthy environment.

Well, all I want is the way forward for everyone, I do not want the drivers and conductors to be jobless neither do I want the danfo buses.

I don’t want commuters to be short of vehicles to move about but then again, the BRT buses have come to stay and they are quite better off!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com/banned-danfo-buses-step-right-direction/
Re: Banned Danfo Buses: A Step In The Right Direction by Lisaint(m): 3:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
Make i chill here
Till it get to promise land

1 Like

Re: Banned Danfo Buses: A Step In The Right Direction by Redoil: 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Confuse people being ruled by confuse govt.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Expected To Return To Nigeria Today / Let's Have Your Thought On Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Monday / *#todayinplenary* *proceedings Of The Nigerian Senate Of Tuesday 14th March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.