Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria (69859 Views)

Lockdown: Beautiful Drone shots Of Lagos / Osogbo, Osun Drone shots (Photos) / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by cstr55: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
Afam4eva:
Aba is actually one of the most planned cities in Nigeria. What is just needs are the very basic which includes good roads. A good cosmetic surgery will make the city hard to beat.
There is nothing planned about that shitthole. It looks more organized than 90% of the rest of Nigeria though I will give you that.
All the past leaders of that state need to be drawn and quartered, and the entire state pulled down and rebuilt from scratch just like lee kuan yew did to Singapore.
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by longayink: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo:
Came across these shots from the Governor's advert. Despite the decades long failure of basic infrastructure the inhabitants of this creative city survived and thrived in the condition they found themselves. The Igbo spirit I may say.

What made Aba nearly collapse before is similar to what your oga, Rochas Okorocha, is doing to Orlu and Okigwe in Imo state.

In sixteen years, two governors of Abia state concentrated every development in the state capital, Umuahia.

In the last six years, Okorocha abandoned Orlu and Okigwe but concentrated nearly all his projects in the state capital, Owerri.

3 Likes

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by me69: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
I don tired for this Aba every day Aba FG must do something. Where is your governor where are your LG chairmen
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
Aaaah! I see BROWN roofs here too.

so dis brown roof matter, d west doesn't have monopoly over it?

menini? grin

1 Like

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by samvega: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
Never been to Aba, this wowed me
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by gemale(m): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo:
Came across these shots from the Governor's advert. Despite the decades long failure of basic infrastructure the inhabitants of this creative city survived and thrived in the condition they found themselves. The Igbo spirit I may say.
I swear governor okezie ikpeazu isn't trying @ all 4 aba & he's 4rm dere. C d mountains of refuse on d aba/PH express road ryt 4rm osisioma 2 obehie. I was @ ariaria market 2day & dt place was an eyesore. C as d place was dirty;even dirtier than makoko, ajegunle & Isale Eko put 2geda. C as pools of stagnant water were collecting everywhere & pple were walking in it. I wanted to throw up. D power nko? Since I came since Saturday, I've nt seen let 4 up 2 3 hrs. Meanwhile, dey brought bill of over 10k 2 D place I was staying. He has 2 wake up & revitalize dt place. Imagine d goldmine dts he sitting on if only he can avail quality infrastructure 2 dt place. Dt place houses d soul of ingenuity present in ndigbo & if harnessed properly can be a force 2 b reckoned with in tech, Commerce & manufacturing.

1 Like

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by AlphaStyles(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
iamhorny:
Nice one. All Aba needs is just infrastructural development to turn it to the largest commercial oil field in Africa. i just wish they can get that governor that will pay attention to Aba Infrastructure.

if am the Governor, i dont mind neglecting other places to see that i develop Aba to a world class city, at the end it will worth it cos Aba has been neglected for too long and it doesnt deserve it... i feel like cursing Abia's state past governors atimes

One last thing, Abagworo please and please if you want to enjoy this thread and dont want it derailed, do not mention Chino, Anambra or be tempted to reply any troll who will want to use this thread to show case his/her stupidity

i love igboland and i love it when we show case the level of development in igboland knowing fully well that haters of igboland never gave us a chance after the civil war...

looking at the level of development in igboland and how far we have gone gives me joy and i like it when we flaunt it to the envy of our haters,lazy ones and unity beggers

God bless Umu Igbo

God bless igboland

God bless Biafra

that's the federal republic of Nigeria not fools republic
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by iamhorny(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
shamecurls:

But you won't say it's the dirtiest city!

the word dirty is subjective to me because Aba is a commercial/market city hence it is expected to generate high volume of waste or dirt if you like.. but saying aba is the dirtiest city is ignorant because is you know lagos and kano very well you wont be say that. only people who dont travel or believe evrything they see online will say that..

as developed as lagos is, it still remains the dirtiest state/city in Nigeria for all the beautiful pictures of lagos you see online. some places in lagos make you feel like you are in hell

look at the picture below is parts of ibadan and ile ife in osun state. am sure no where in igboland can be that dirty or local or reek of so much poverty. these are residential quarters for that matter in your so called sophisticated city...shame!

3 Likes

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
AFC do the needful please, develop aba with infrastructure, Maybe it will calm our flat headed brethren down a bit
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by sizzlers(m): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
this one no need tag, we already know! click like if u agree with me and share if ur AFONJA

3 Likes

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by longayink: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
While the two governor Orji Kalus that neglected Aba were from Umuahia state capital areas of Abia state and they had the courage to do what they did,
Rochas Okorocha of Imo state is from Orlu zone, but has his businesses and palatial homes in Owerri, hence Okorocha says he is building Owerri Mega City, as he abandoned the other towns of Orlu and Okigwe in Imo state since the last five years.

2 Likes

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by kingreign(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Afam4eva:
Aba is actually one of the most planned cities in Nigeria. What is just needs are the very basic which includes good roads. A good cosmetic surgery will make the city hard to beat.
Judging from a professional planning aspect, Aba isn't planned, although, in times past, the local planning authority came up with master plan and also tried to roll out Urban renewal schemes. I've had opportunity not only to visit Aba town, but to speak to some town planning officials and some inhabitants unofficially where I suggested some ideas to them on how to manage Aba and develop her in their own little way.
I'd be glad to see Aba properly re-modelled and the decaying infrastructures upgraded to a 21st century regional Industrial and commercial hub like Beijing, Tokyo, Shanghai etc.
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by longayink: 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Aboki Abagworo from Arewa who serves Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo state, you purposely created this topic to ridicule Aba and Nd'Igbo.

Before long, your fellow Aboki, Chino, will spread all dirty things here and call them in Aba.
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by hillaryfaith: 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by PDJT: 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
DollarAngel:
How come no?

But why are Yorubas so obsess with brown roofs?
Don't they see how dirty it looks?
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Basic123: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ibadan was the succeeding empire to oyo empire and has been making use of iron roofing sheet before the majority of Nigerian city will ever think of using one.hence,the brown roofs in the old part of the city.mind you,ibadan was described as a city the first time lord lugard stepped on ibadan soil.ibadan is so large that a single shot cant capture the whole city.you can only compare your cities like enugu that was founded by the whites in the early part of the 20th century with the younger part of ibadan that has the same age with it.

1 Like

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Drone using a GoPro Fisheye lens.. that effect is naff.. but it is a good way of surveying the city
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by geronimoedeh1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
you guys should not be surprised yet until you visit onitsha in Anambra state or Enugu state ...its eldorado...this is just a tip of the ice berg compared to them
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Werehkpe: 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
ozoebuka1:
abia state especially aba needs federal government's attention in terms of road and industrial infrastructure...the state governor no go kill himself.

And what happens to the allocation that FG gives this state? We always clamour for FG to assist when the states themselves are not prudent in their spendings.

Every state needs to start spending their resources judiciously and stop waiting for FG to assist them
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by totit: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
grin grin grin

Who's deceiving who? No be the same dirty aba we all know!

grin grin grin

Abeg, make we hear word jor grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFl1XnM4xAU
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by longayink: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Aboki Abagworo, go back to your Imo state thread where you advertise Gov Okorocha and his jobs in Owerri.

You are intellectually handicapped, just like your oga, as both of you sincerely believe in concentrating all development projects of Imo state in only one town, Owerri; while you advertise the Owerri projects.

But you and your oga didn't understand that by doing so, the larger population of Imo state ridicule both of you.

Imo state extends beyond the capital city, you and Okorocha do not accept this.
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by skiibo: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Basic123: 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Basic123: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
ibadan that ipod will not show you

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Basic123: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
ibadan that the ipod will not show you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by almarthins(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
Redoil:
We afonja are jelous of your success

Are u OK? No true Yoruba will call himself or herself afonja. Definitely u r one of them.
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by totit: 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
grin grin

Ibadan oluyole grin grin

What flaiitinooo don't want you to know below these brown roofs of ibadan

cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by almarthins(m): 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
cowleg:
No brown roof unlike ibadan grin

U are sure?
Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Basic123: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ibadan that igbos will not show you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by totit: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
cheesy

Ibadan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
The Ag. President, your attention and leadership are needed in Aba. Oh, is it because Aba is Biafra land
However, if Aba were located in the north, government would have include her in every year budgets.

Ag president, Osinbajo, have in mind that, Aba needs good road networks for efficient businesses and economy, now you are there.

1 Like

Re: Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria by Basic123: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
ibadan that igbos and GEJ slaves will not show you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

18 Passengers Roasted Alive In Enugu Accident (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.