Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market (77611 Views)

Dollar Crashes To N368/$1 / Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / FOREX: FG Orders CBN To Abolish Parallel Market - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by TruthFM(m): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
I think they should stop using crash when it goes down N3. That means Naira died when it went from N165 to N300

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by TPAND(f): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
I tire oooo.... am still waiting change
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by mastermaestro(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
lirusehn:
for how long would they keep pumping billions into forex market? undecided undecided

This is my question. Is this a lasting solution? Or is the government building another sandy foundation that will collapse soon?
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by gotnel: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
We hope to see the gain of naira against dollar continues further.
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by AdonaiRoofing(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
Let the crash continue

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by quickly: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Oasis007:

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Naira traded at N460 to a dollar, after speculators had forced it 3 points down amid liquidity boost on Friday.

However, the Naira weakened against the Pound Sterling but maintained its Euro rate as it traded at N560 and N480, respectively.

At the Bureau De Change (BDC) window, the Naira was sold at N399 to a dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N580 and N525, respectively.

The Nigerian currency also traded at N305.50 at the interbank window.

In other segments of the market, Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) and Travelex, an International Money Transfer Services Operator, sold the Naira at N370 to a dollar.

Traders expressed the hope that the strengthening of the Naira would reposition the economy for greater productivity.

They, however, appealed to the CBN to sustain the liquidity boost in the market so that the Naira could sustain its gains against the dollar.

NAN reports that some Nigerians, however, expressed worry that the gains of the Naira against the dollar had not translated in the reduction in the prices of goods and services. (NAN)

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/dollar-crashes-again-at-parallel-market/188064.html#QIw6sjpYHCUwZltw.99

Dollar didnt crash it naira that rose. Creditors or Western World have more confidence in Osibanjo. Watch when Buhari come back it will go back to normal
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by lirusehn(m): 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
mastermaestro:

This is my question. Is this a lasting solution? Or is the government building another sandy foundation that will collapse soon?

it will obviously collapse soon.
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by sweatlana: 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
The dollar is not available

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by kinibigdeal(m): 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
Buhari will return it back to N1000 once his back
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Godfullsam(m): 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
No comment until 1naira=1dollar.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
APC is working
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by ngwababe(f): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
Follow me on instagram.. . marshall_faith
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by akaahs(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
Again i ask, for how 'll CBN continue to flood the market with Dollars?
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by UncleJudax(m): 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
SlimHan:
Dollar crashes but no difference in the market price ( Market women still exhibit their frustration by nagging on customers who try to bargain on product price)

You still have to face problem in getting Dollars

Black market rate is still the same..

it is well

Sustainability of the current CBN dollar-injection policy is not certain. So, high prices will linger.
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Horlufemi(m): 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
emi14:

Nigeria have never been great

You are so right.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by registration(m): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
not again
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Clone2020(m): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
If you are in the US or have relatives in the US trying to send money to naija, I will exchange the funds at 400/$, simply deposit into my US bank account and receive instant funding into your Nigerian account. Don't bother with western Union and co, they exchange at 375/$ with fees and the exchange rate drops to around 345/$.

See my contact below.
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by shamecurls(m): 8:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
Miles300:
Different xchange rates in 1 country !

You re dull!
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Bluffly: 8:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
Corruption is when BDC rate does the bidding for us. I do not know why it was encouraged in the first place and this is as a result of misplaced priority of CBN and the banks from time immemorial
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Alphasoar(m): 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Keep buying money with money because when the money you use to buy money finishes, maybe you'll use water leaves.
But Madam Kemi have not been saying anything recently na. why! eeh!
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by SlimHan(f): 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
UncleJudax:

Sustainability of the current CBN dollar-injection policy is not certain. So, high prices will linger.
My thought exactly
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by engrhorla(m): 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
And we keep celebrating mediority!

Our railways, roads, airports do not conform with that of a nation that has a big voice in the crude oil market.

Our mega cities can't compare with cities with other parts of the world.

And to crown it all, we are left saying, let's thank God with what we have!

So those contries that don't even have half of the resources we possess and whose infrastructures are far better than ours should thank who?

If we will just get out of this state of being ok with mediocrity!

If we will thirst for more!

Maybe, maybe, these yeye leaders will stop commissioning 3rd grade trains
Maybe, the 4000MW will be pumped to 16000MW in 8 months

Maybe, for once, our leaders will listen and act with fear of our great hunger and insatiable thirst!

But

No..we keep celebrating the mediocre roads, hospitals airports, economy, etc!

What a people!

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by ebby9z(m): 8:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
It's appalling and outrightly disheartening that some people have a smart phone smarter than they are.
How on earth will someone expect commodities goods to reduce in price overnight?! Don't you know what's a called a market chain? Do you expect someone who bought a commodity at a converted price of 50,000 and is selling at 60,000 or 70,000, just up and start selling at 50,000 or 40,000 just because the news says the dollar is crashing! Seriously!

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
gift01:
after pumping $1 billion to make it fall from 520 to 400 box....what happens next Where are your exports. Artificial pressure wont last
don't mess with an ijebu man, because he knows your mind and where u are going, you will be surprise by God grace before june
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Miles300: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
shamecurls:

You re dull!
thank u smart one
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by easywaya2017: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
430/1$ into BOA or wells fago.. contact us(yes we are a company) on +234 90 80 000 453
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
emi14:

. 1960-1966 anarchy and conflict. 1966-1967 killings, murder and assassination. 1967-1970 civil war. 1970-1979 coup d'état and counter coup murtala lost his live. 1979-1983 rebuilding . 1983-1999 coup upon coups, dictatorship and indiscriminate looting. 1999-till date, rebuilding, restructuring and fumbling. Nigeria have never experienced greatness.

Local champion. If u haven't traveled out of d country b4 while can't you get a star times if u can't afford dstv? Killings, assassination happens everywhere in d world.
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
emi14:

. 1960-1966 anarchy and conflict. 1966-1967 killings, murder and assassination. 1967-1970 civil war. 1970-1979 coup d'état and counter coup murtala lost his live. 1979-1983 rebuilding . 1983-1999 coup upon coups, dictatorship and indiscriminate looting. 1999-till date, rebuilding, restructuring and fumbling. Nigeria have never experienced greatness.

Local champion. If u haven't traveled out of d country b4 while can't you get a star times if u can't afford dstv? Killings, assassination happens everywhere in d world.
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by easywaya2017: 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
430/1$ into BOA or wells fago. contact us( yes we are a company) +234 90 80 000 453
Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by olawumia(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
@ op ur source is lying . euro closed @ 465, dollar @ 450 , I wanted to sell euro today no aboki was willing to offer me 460, I started from okota to Ikeja d best I got was 460. ,and I bought d 100euro @ 500.

Re: Dollar Crashes Again At Parallel Market by Jay542(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
Oasis007:
Slowly but surely...... Nigeria will be GREAT again!!!
We were never great. At least not yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kevin Ajenifuja: Dangote Drugged My Wife, Got Her Raped, Stole My Trade Secrets / Akodessewa Fetish Market, Lome Togo: The World's Largest Voodoo Market (Graphic) / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.