Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

"Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" (41083 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Covenant University Sex Scandal: Photos, Audio Of Adooh Emmanuel / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by origima: 10:20am On Mar 08, 2017
Am not against any discipline as far as its part of what they sign in there code of conduct before accepting the school but why should a school that charge high in all ramifications including food and water not monitoring what they gave to the students to eat and drink? Not quite long many of the student were admitted and some died out of food and water poison and the worrisome aspect is that the school fail to inform families of this development
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Ugosample(m): 10:21am On Mar 08, 2017
henrydadon:
this is suppose to be the best private university in Nigeria but see how religion is taking them backwards..

another reason why am gonna remain an atheist.

high time y'all wake up from this thing called religion..the bible is notin but a book filled with fairytale stories..yeah jesus fed 5000 people with 5 loaf of bread and 2 small fish..who in their right mind would believe that bullshit

Can you say same about Muslims and their Quran?

Afterall that is a religion too
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by vislabraye(m): 10:37am On Mar 08, 2017
kilonso001:
were u forced to go to the school?

Whether you are forced on not, physical abuse is wrong.
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Festusd: 10:41am On Mar 08, 2017
Please let's always think before we comment, all of us saying if it was Lasu, unilag, OAU, etc the pastor would have been dead, did same thing not happed in a public school some months back? IBB University in Niger state where a lecturer shaped a student three times and nothing happened. Please abeg that is their pattern and they are using it to attain height, so if you don't like it don't go to the school. Is as simple as ABC
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by henrydadon(m): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2017
Ugosample:

Can you say same about Muslims and their Quran?

Afterall that is a religion too

muslim religion is very backward..imagine a religion that allow men marry multiple wife that they can't take care of..just goes to show that it was man that wrote the queen and the bible to satisfy their own selfish desires and to keep men in check..a supreme intelligent God should know that having multiple wife is a big problem in the society especially if the said man is poor..take those hausa Muslim for example..
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by cavendishbaba(m): 10:44am On Mar 08, 2017
Slapping is allowed.. Even d Bible says if dem slap you for one side quickly turn d other side chop another one make d thing kuku complete... tongue

2 Likes

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 10:45am On Mar 08, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Nigggga I sat in the same hall with Pedro to write an exam (U don't want to know how free the exam was that day cos all lecturers looked the other way, and the copiers had a fill day grin). I am boldly telling u pedro was an accounting student. Ask anybody u know. Except u are talking about another pedro I don't know of
look @ this idiioot glorifying a tout
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by naijacentric(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2017
Phrankin:
I know that you think that by telling everybody you're an atheist, it will make them think that you must be a scientist or an intelect of some sort. For your information, THEY DON'T GIVE A FUK
Just the other day, I told my mom that I no longer believe in God, that I'm now an atheist, guess what she said, WHO CARES.
moral of the story is NOBODY CARES cry cry cry
h bloody lie are u nigerian sha?
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by charlesucheh(m): 10:53am On Mar 08, 2017
NNVanguard:
In as much as you chose to attend the school, you have to abide by what rules and regulations that guides it. It's not a conventional public school.

You have a choice to either stay put or change school.
eeeeeh! even when it involves physical assault guy! Now I know that the IGBO you're currently smoking is from another planet!!!!!!! Pastor my foot!!! oh! he wants to do what JESUS did in the church abi Okay! if that's it, let him completely imitate christ and see if him no go Weak once!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 08, 2017
last35:
You didn't know they slap before you apply?? Oyedepo and slaps be like...
this got me lol.

But why the slaps na? Poor kids. That 400 level student should just quietly finish and go jejely. 3 weeks in camp he will forget all about covenant uni and their rules
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Beetee1(m): 11:09am On Mar 08, 2017
slapping fiesta grin grin grin
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by thunderbabs: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2017
Brethren, if ur accusser slaps your right cheek, turn on ur left and return the slap politely.

Garbage in Garbage out angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2017
Bigboytinz:
look @ this idiioot glorifying a tout

Who the hell is this bloody nincompoop? If comprehension is ur problem, go search for solution elsewhere not here. In what way did my reply look like glorifying a tout?

Kids like u lack comprehension skills,
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Badgers14: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Akpugo cheesy

Elele here angry leave your hostel now. grin

Have you slept in the CSO's office I did on my first day there... They cleared everyone in the hall about 25 or 30 grin
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by mastermaestro(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2017
otus4me:
in fact he needs to be slapped for the next one week. people don't even have respect for God. if it was an unknown angel that slapped him, you all in your school will never use mobile phones again. I can see you don't read the bible very well, Jesus beat and caned the idiots out of the synagogue.

No, leave those who are taking side with the dude. I like the pastor that dished out the slap. If someone chooses to behave like a child, he should be treated like one.

How I love this Scripture!

Proverbs 22:15 KJV
"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by mastermaestro(m): 11:21am On Mar 08, 2017
vislabraye:

No, it was not an abuse! It was undiluted correction! Since the child in him hadn't left him, there was need for quick behavioral reset.

Proverbs 22:15 KJV
"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BiafranBushBoy: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2017
Badgers14:

Elele here angry leave your hostel now. grin

Have you slept in the CSO's office I did on my first day there... They cleared everyone in the hall about 25 or 30 grin

Hahahahahaha...

I was admitted in 2007.

Left Elele 2011 and landed at Akpugo. St peter's hostel

L.A hostel cheesy

Science Hall cheesy...

Thunder fire all Madonna Officials and Hall Reps angry
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2017
Tiffany1:
He Tore The Guy Shirt shocked shocked shocked shocked
after ll the expensive school fees dem still dey slap people, if na me, dem don die b dat
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2017
chimah3:
But why won't the student respect himself and not press iPod during church service

When you in Rome...behave like the Romans! Obeying rules is not rocket science!

LIKE if you feel these students deserved the slaps they got.... angry
I wonder. Although what the pastor did was wrong but the students share much part in the blame

1 Like

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2017
The slapping church...
Na anointing and white handkerchief dem use to distribute in those days; these days na hot slap for any reason.

You are witch, they slap you.
You press phone, they slap you.
You dress awrong, they slap you.

You fail your course, they slap you.
You don't pay your tithe, they slap you.

Small time Winners member go tell us say na slap person go need to enter Heaven.
The slapping church.
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2017
ChuzzyBlog:
CLICK HERE TO FINISH READING ALL THAT HAPPENED THAT SUNDAY
You should be slapped even more for illegal use of the Buhari.
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2017
vislabraye:

Yes it's indeed
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 08, 2017
henrydadon:

muslim religion is very backward..imagine a religion that allow men marry multiple wife that they can't take care of..just goes to show that it was man that wrote the queen and the bible to satisfy their own selfish desires and to keep men in check..a supreme intelligent God should know that having multiple wife is a big problem in the society especially if the said man is poor..take those hausa Muslim for example..
To be best of my knowledge Islam permits four wives provided they can be taken of. Secondly using Hausa Muslims to judge Islam isn't fair at all as there are other tribes that are Muslim faithful that don't marry many wives. My former landlord an Edo man is a Muslim and he's married to a Christian Lady. They have being married since 1999 till date without a child yet he didn't take a second wife or has side chick.

1 Like

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 08, 2017
cavendishbaba:
Slapping is allowed.. Even d Bible says if dem slap you for one side quickly turn d other side chop another one make d thing kuku complete... tongue
Slap the other chick once but not twice. That thing committed by the pastor isn't good and as such he should be suspended.
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by AntiNigerian: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
That's why UNN and co will always tramp these primary schools! grin
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by chimah3(m): 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I wonder. Although what the pastor did was wrong but the students share much part in the blame

Exactly!
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Exciton(m): 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
Psoul:

Op u keep blaming the school authority for slapping students without blaming the students for going far contrary to the school rules and regulations.
For clarity sake, that school is a private one and also a missionary school. Their mode of operation is like training u in ur family house. Ur parents can flog, slap and punish u the way they deem fit. This is African for ur information.

If u think that ur life style run in contrast with their mode of operation, pls dont seek for admission from the school. I beliv, it was cos of this treatments that most parents sent their children to that school. If the authority turns blind eyes to those disobedience, you will be among those that will start throwing accusing finger to how moral decency is lacking in a missionary university. So sit up and work on ur moral standard.

There are so many of your kind in Naija - can speak English but are complete functional illiterates with no critical thinking skill. In fact, I think most "educated" Nigerians are like this.

Obviously, you neither know the law nor your rights. If you did, you'd know those ADULTS at the university were physically assaulted and it's against the law. You'd know that the school's rules (whether the students signed up for it or not) hold no water compared to the laws of FRN.

Now, go home and refund your parents. You failed to learn at school.

Same goes to banning phones, jeans, unionism, forceful attendance of church functions, etc in universities.

A university is meant to be a place to learn to think original ideas, to be creative, to challenge current worldviews etc. Not a place where you should be forced to behave according to our useless archaic social norms or some religious moral standard; thereby, killing individualism and creativity.

2 Likes

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Badgers14: 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Hahahahahaha...

I was admitted in 2007.

Left Elele 2011 and landed at Akpugo. St peter's hostel

L.A hostel cheesy

Science Hall cheesy...

Thunder fire all Madonna Officials and Hall Reps angry

I was admitted 2007 also.. October batch grin

Benefactor - Chancellor - St Mary's - Science hall Was in class the day Angel shared rooms at St. Peters..

Then I had to return to St. Mary's.. sad
I left 2008.

Back in the days.. Chowing bromate with Orobo then when i get alert, I will reason Primo, then double alert i will go hospital gate grin

Roll with my girl, Hospital side doing some intresting stuffs at Pharmacy - MLS building cool man pass man no be boosting. grin

Then bounce out and return with my guy during pilgrimage night...

Mehn things happen sha..
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by divinelove(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
wale377:
fool what if they said open bible think before you talk

idiot u shld be flogged alongside until u receive sense, electronic bible is not allowed there
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BiafranBushBoy: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
Badgers14:

I was admitted 2007 also.. October batch grin

Benefactor - Chancellor - St Mary's - Science hall Was in class the day Angel shared rooms at St. Peters..

Then I had to return to St. Mary's.. sad
I left 2008.

Back in the days.. Chowing bromate with Orobo then when i get alert, I will reason Primo, then double alert i will go hospital gate grin

Roll with my girl, Hospital side doing some intresting stuffs at Pharmacy - MLS building cool man pass man no be boosting. grin

Then bounce out and return with my guy during pilgrimage night...

Mehn things happen sha..

hahaha... meaning we were in the same set na.

Nice to have you here!

#Safe cheesy
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by bionixs: 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
henrydadon:
this is suppose to be the best private university in Nigeria but see how religion is taking them backwards..

another reason why am gonna remain an atheist.

high time y'all wake up from this thing called religion..the bible is notin but a book filled with fairytale stories..yeah jesus fed 5000 people with 5 loaf of bread and 2 small fish..who in their right mind would believe that bullshit
don't wake to anything,it's not by force. if you can't cue up, go to LASU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Electricity Pole Danger In Kaduna Polytechnic (Photos) / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect / Riddle: The Man, The Lion, The Goat, The Grass, The Canoe And The River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.