Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord (2495 Views)

Is Oral And Anal Sex Spiritually Hygienic In Christian Marriages??? / The Sage Dr. Myles Munroe Goes Home To Rest In The Bossom Of The Lord. / Rw Schambach, Firm Preacher Of Righteousness Goes Home At 85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by toneyb: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
Tudór:

@rich john
I think I remember seeing oral roberts and that homosexual pastor ted haggard. . . I cant remember copeland. He might as well had come and I missed it because I was an expert when it came to church truancy grin

Lol Tudor the truant, I guess someone forgot to pay god the 8 million dollar ransom this time around.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by ogajim(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2009
WOW! shocked shocked shocked shocked

A university that didn't allow black and white "mixing" until a few years ago?

You guys kill me with some of your assumptions about folks in far away lands from you! smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
Tudór:

Whatever happened to taking him home in peace and glory rather than dying of pneumonia in a hospital like an ethiopian refugee.

so did you read in your own bible that every minister will be taken home in peace and glory?

and at 91, dying in a hospital means he wasnt in peace and glory?

you shouldnt just type for typing's sake.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by 0hsisi: 2:14am On Dec 17, 2009
Tudór:

Whatever happened to taking him home in peace and glory rather than dying of pneumonia in a hospital like an ethiopian refugee.

Pray that your own father lives to see 60
and that you see your own 25th birthday
That 91 year old man lived a full life and made a mark, hopefully yours will be meaningful enough so that people around you would even remember your name 10 minutes after your expiration.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 6:48am On Dec 17, 2009
tpia.:

so did you read in your own bible that every minister will be taken home in peace and glory?

and at 91, dying in a hospital means he wasnt in peace and glory?

you shouldnt just type for typing's sake.
Why shouldn't every minister be taken in peace and glory? Why the unnecessary punishment?

All over my own bible there are promises that once you're born again sickness would not be part of your life. Sickness is said to be caused by the devil. This is even alluded to in oral roberts books saying if you rebuke the devil you'll be healed.

So then tell me how the lord would smite him with sickness to take him home. Does that not sound ridiculous?

Whatever happened to dying peacefully in your sleep, eh? The man fell sick instead of turning to prayer he scuttled to the nearest hospital paid thousands of dollars to get better then died of 'complications' due to pneumonia.

Kathryn kuhman another fraudster died on the operating table like nama in the abbatoir yet these people say she was taken by the lord.

Bimbo odukoya roasted like suya in a plane crash the list goes on and on

Is that how jehovah calls his beloveth home?

All these crooks spend their lives preaching about faith healing and life then they all die of the same sicknesses. . .how daft is that?

Keep deceiving yourselves.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 6:50am On Dec 17, 2009
0hsisi:

Pray that your own father lives to see 60
and that you see your own 25th birthday
That 91 year old man lived a full life and made a mark, hopefully yours will be meaningful enough so that people around you would even remember your name 10 minutes after your expiration.
Oya, let us pray. . . . .
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 17, 2009
Tudór:

Why shouldn't every minister be taken in peace and glory? Why the unnecessary punishment?

All over my own bible there are promises that once you're born again sickness would not be part of your life. Sickness is said to be caused by the devil. This is even alluded to in oral roberts books saying if you rebuke the devil you'll be healed.

So then tell me how the lord would smite him with sickness to take him home. Does that not sound ridiculous?

Whatever happened to dying peacefully in your sleep, eh? The man fell sick instead of turning to prayer he scuttled to the nearest hospital paid thousands of dollars to get better then died of 'complications' due to pneumonia.

Kathryn kuhman another fraudster died on the operating table like nama in the abbatoir yet these people say she was taken by the lord.

Bimbo odukoya roasted like suya in a plane crash the list goes on and on

Is that how jehovah calls his beloveth home?

All these crooks spend their lives preaching about faith healing and life then they all die of the same sicknesses. . .how daft is that?

Keep deceiving yourselves.

how did Jesus Christ himself die?

its not by force to post on a thread abeg.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2009
tpia.:

how did Jesus Christ himself die?

its not by force to post on a thread abeg.
its not by force to come post wack excuses either.

Did jesus christ not die so we will not be afflicted by sickness and the devil anymore?

The way the preachers of this crap in turn die of every sickness out there shows the stupidities of the story.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2009
Tudór:

its not by force to come post wack excuses either.

Did jesus christ not die so we will not be afflicted by sickness and the devil anymore?

The way the preachers of this crap in turn die of every sickness out there shows the stupidities of the story.
'

nothing cool about your bad belle.

the man and every other person you mentioned achieved more than you can ever hope to even if you lived one thousand lifetimes.

you're stuck sniffing their butts for a high
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 7:42am On Dec 17, 2009
tpia.:

'

nothing cool about your bad belle.

the man and every other person you mentioned achieved more than you can ever hope to even if you lived one thousand lifetimes.

you're stuck sniffing their butts for a high
noise!

You waste your life teaching and claiming divine health and miracles then die shamefully in a hospital of an opportunistic infection. . .what is the acheivement in that?
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2009
^^

look- the man was 91 years old.

get that into your thick brain.

maybe in your village nobody ever lived that long hence its very strange to you.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2009
^^
Divine health and healing doesn't apply to 91 year olds right?

Simple question; why would a so called man of god who preached for decades on divine healing die from bacterial infection?
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2009
what did you want him to die of?
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2009
Keep going round and round in circles. . .you're only deceiving yourself.

Haven't you heard of old men who just passed on in their sleep and medical cause of death listed as old age?

Did he have to die in a hospital of sickness?

Does that not show divine healing to be a sham when its major proponents are killed by common bacteria?
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2009
so because someone's cause of death was listed as old age, that means they werent killed by bacteria?

the way you're going on and on I doubt you've ever met any old person before.

hence my question about your village.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2009
There's a difference between dying of old age and being knocked out by complications of pneumonia

Old age isn't a sickness.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Kay17: 9:43am On Dec 17, 2009
bimbo odukoya, was said to have conducted a prayer session in the plane, to cast out the demon of plane crashes.
its kind of funny for a faith-healer to succumb to sickness which he was supposed to be immune to. at least his miracles should have included him.
generally, God had favoured his men and granted them long life and glorious and if possible send chariots of flames to pick them up.(from the bible). smiley
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by KunleOshob(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2009
Kay 17:

bimbo odukoya, was said to have conducted a prayer session in the plane, to cast out the demon of plane crashes. its kind of funny for a faith-healer to succumb to sickness which he was supposed to be immune to. at least his miracles should have included him.
generally, God had favoured his men and granted them long life and glorious and if possible send chariots of flames to pick them up.(from the bible). smiley

And where did you hear the highlighted rumour from From the ghosts of the people who died in the crash?? The length you twats go just to ridicle christianity. angry
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Kay17: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2009
a friend's cousin was a survivor.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by grace5: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2009
A GIANT OF THE FAITH HAVE LEFT US,LET US TRUST IN GOD AS WE WIN SOUL FOR JESUS.
BRING THE WORK OF THE CROSS ,ANTONEMENT TO ALL OVER THE WORLD.
BE READY FOR REVIVAL.

JESUS LOVES YOU
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by xtristo(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2009
Now that Oral Robert has gone to be with the Lord,eternity beckons on us all!Eternity is real!repent today and believe the gospel!
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by aletheia(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kay 17:

bimbo odukoya, was said to have conducted a prayer session in the plane, to cast out the demon of plane crashes.
its kind of funny for a faith-healer to succumb to sickness which he was supposed to be immune to. at least his miracles should have included him.
The "prosperity gospel" of which OR was a major proponent is a skewed presentation of the truth; not compatible with Historical Christianity:
Heb 11: 36-37 Others suffered mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated--
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Kay17: 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2009
xtristo:

Now that Oral Robert has gone to be with the Lord,eternity beckons on us all!Eternity is real!repent today and believe the gospel!
death, natural strikes fear and uncertainty, thus we tend to accept stories of eternity and pleasure. the reality is simple but callous, we cease to exist after death.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by xtristo(m): 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kay 17:

death, natural strikes fear and uncertainty, thus we tend to accept stories of eternity and pleasure. the reality is simple but callous, we cease to exist after death.
dont be fooled,there is inviolable certainty of life after death!
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Kay17: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2009
which heaven? the muslim heaven or Zeus's world or maybe Mazda's? see you have no idea of how heaven looks like so how do you know it exists!
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by xtristo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2009
Kay 17:

which heaven? the muslim heaven or Zeus's world or maybe Mazda's? see you have no idea of how heaven looks like so how do you know it exists!

have u ever seen ur brain before?how do u know it exists?the same way u know ur brain exists i also know that heaven exists.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by Tudor6(f): 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
Dude if you doubt you have a brain, go to the nearest mortuary and have a peek into a human skull or better still, get a CT scan or MRI.

This is 21st century my guy.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by xtristo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
Tudór:

Dude if you doubt you have a brain, go to the nearest mortuary and have a peek into a human skull or better still, get a CT scan or MRI.

This is 21st century my guy.

Even in this same 21st century,some of us have experienced heaven.Heaven is experiential!oh the joy of heaven!i pray for u Tudor that u will equally experience this joy and peace.u can never know true peace until u experience heaven.Give it a trial!
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by toneyb: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
xtristo:

Even in this same 21st century,some of us have experienced heaven.Heaven is experiential!oh the joy of heaven!i pray for u Tudor that u will equally experience this joy and peace[b].u can never know true peace until u experience heaven.Give it a trial[/b]!

So you have "experienced" heaven? Good for you, now can you tell us how the place looks like?
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by xtristo(m): 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2009
toneyb:

So you have "experienced" heaven? Good for you, now can you tell us how the place looks like?

i cant tell u anything different from the Heaven's manual in ur hand which is the bible.do u have a bible?if not i can get u one!read it and u will get all the details of how it looks like.but u can equally experience heaven by giving ur life to Christ.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by toneyb: 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2009
xtristo:

i cant tell u anything different from the Heaven's manual in your hand which is the bible.do u have a bible?if not i can get u one!read it and u will get all the details of how it looks like.but u can equally experience heaven by giving your life to Christ.

So in other words I have to first of all believe before I can experience right? Very good.
Re: Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord by 9ja4eva: 5:32am On Dec 20, 2009
rip

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church / God Is Using Nigerian Pastors (oyedepo, Oyakhilome Etc ) To Punish Nigerians / Assembling Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.