Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Soludo Has Lost Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Has Lost Again (3856 Views)

Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Agbaje Lost Again At His Polling Unit / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Has Lost Again by biozy(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
Anambra Poll: Soludo Loses Again
December 16, 2009 14:50 (13 minutes ago), 63 views

By FELIX NNAMDI/Abuja

For the second time in less than two weeks, the Appeal Court sitting in Abuja, has asked the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Charles Soludo, to stop parading himself as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 6 February, 2010 governorship election in Anambra State.

Delivering ruling this morning, the Appeal Court ruled that Prof. Soludo was not validly nominated by the party and therefore quashed his nomination.

Justice Mary Odili of the appelate court had on Friday, 4 December granted a preliminary injunction ordering Soludo to stop parading himself as the PDP governorship candidate for the Anambra election.

The injunction was sought by three PDP governorship aspirants, Mr. Valentine Ozoigbo, Nkoli Imo and Ferdinand Okoye who felt embittered by the way and manner Soludo emerged as the PDP governorship candidate. They asked the court to quash the election of Soludo on grounds that his nomination did not follow the provisions of the party.

Justice Danlami Senchi of the Abuja High Court had earlier ruled in favour of Soludo when the three governorship aspirants approached the court to nullify the election of the PDP flagbearer.

They went to the appeal court and sought an interim injunction to restrain Soludo from parading himself as the candidate of the PDP.

The appeal granted them an interim injunction and this made Soludo and the PDP to approach the Supreme Court to quash the ruling of the appellate court.

The apex court declined this and referred the matter back to the appeal court which fixed ruling for today.

The Supreme Court is expected to give its ruling on Soludo’s candidacy tomorrow.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by popekncept: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2009
undecided shocked undecided undecided hahhahahaha!!!! Please let us wait before we crucify the man, believe he is on is way to a proper protest , it is too soon to conclude on his candidature, he has money !!! let him spend it now!!! money speaking!!! undecided
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2009
Dont be surprise if the supreme court overrule this judgement
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Dont be surprise if the supreme court overrule this judgement

That is the right thing to do!
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
of cos Supreme Court is going to overrule the judgement.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2009
Supreme court will change the whole thing tomorrow!
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by biggjoe(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
I have no doubt that supreme court will overrule that judgement.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by kokoA(m): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
biggjoe:

I have no doubt that supreme court will overrule that judgement.

~Bluetooth:

Supreme court will change the whole thing tomorrow!

Ujujoan:

of cos Supreme Court is going to overrule the judgement.

Sunny_bobo:

That is the right thing to do!

You will all be put to shame tomorrow. The judgement will stand. Lets wait and see.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by AloyEmeka9: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2009
Why should Soludo be disqualified in the first place?. Is he not  Nigerian citizen old enough to be a governor?. Isn't this injustice?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2009
Congrats to Justice Mary Odili, and goodluck to her own interpretation of the law which already runs contrary to a subsisting Supreme Court Judgement on a similar issue.

However her verdict will only last for 24hrs as the Supreme Court will surely over rule this crap judgement tomorrow.

After tomorrow's Judgement, if Soludo knows what he is doing he should challenge anybody willing to a live televised debate on how Ngige, Obi or Andy Ubah's nomination was any better than his own nomination?
He needs to take the bull by the horn and challenge these other candidates to come forward and demonstrate in a live debate how their nomination was anybetter than his or keep quiet forever.

Do we now have one set of high standards for Soludo and a totally different set of low standards for the rest?

This sillyness is now taking root beause its been unchallenged. Its time to get to the root of this madness.

This is pure selective appreciation of democracy and its simply the shame of a Nation.

What makes it more shameful is because the Chris Uba loyalist who continue to try to hold Soludo hostage are doing so because so far Soludo has refused to play ball. When we celebrate this madness know that we simply endorse Godfatherism and Political terrorism.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by biozy(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2009
if the supreme court overturned the judgement,shall we still have faith in our judiciary
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2009
biozy:

if the supreme court overturned the judgement,shall we still have faith in our judiciary

YES because that is the right interpretation of the law.

Today's judgement was based of public opinion and it runs contrary to the rule of law.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
biozy:

Only then shall our faith in the judiciary be more strengthened.

SOLUDO IS THE SOLUTION
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Ibime(m): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
The wife of a thief (Mary Odili) condemns Soludo for undemocratic practices?

Where was the honourable judge when her husband initiated bloodlust in Rivers State in pursuit of his own gubernatorial ambition?

Moral culpability is as damnable as legal culpability. One thing is for sure, Mary Odili is no guardian of democracy. There must be something behind this. Maybe Odili has his eye on the Igbo-apportioned Presidential elections in 2015, when Soludo will be his most potent rival.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
Justice Mary Odili herself knows that this judgement will be overturned tomorrow. She only tried to justify the bribe she must have collected from the Ubas!
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ibime:

The wife of a thief (Mary Odili) condemns Soludo for undemocratic practices?

Where was the honourable judge when her husband initiated bloodlust in Rivers State in pursuit of his own gubernatorial ambition?

Moral culpability is as damnable as legal culpability. One thing is for sure, Mary Odili is no guardian of democracy. There must be something behind this. Maybe Odili has his eye on the Igbo-apportioned Presidential elections in 2015, and Soludo is his most potent rival.

If power is zoned to the South-South there are loads of credible candidates to lead the nation. Odili has no chance.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
Forget these guys,they know what they are doing afterall jonathan has said it all that pdp must win anambra
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2009
These thieves masquerading for Chris Uba are in this because Soludo has made it clear to all that he is not ready to negotiate the state treasury.

Shame on them !
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Ibime(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
mikeansy:

If power is zoned to the South-South there are loads of credible candidates to lead the nation. Odili has no chance.

Odili will never run on South-South ticket. Ijaws would never allow him. He will try to run on South-East ticket, in direct competition with Soludo.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ibime:

Odili will never run on South-South ticket. Ijaws would never allow him. He will try to run on South-East ticket, in direct competition with Soludo.

Why would he run on a South east ticket, Is he a south easterner?
Can Olusola Saraki run on a South west ticket?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ibime:

I did not know Rivers State was in the South-East ?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Ibime(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Why would he run on a South east ticket, Is he a south easterner?
Can Olusola Saraki run on a South west ticket?

mikeansy:

I did not know Rivers State was in the South-East ?

All these are geographic demarcations. . . .when that time comes, they will tell you what they mean by power rotation. . . . it has nothing to do with zones and everything to do with ethnicity. . . . Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba, Igbo and Niger-Delta (most probably Ijaw). Odili can never win South-South ticket. Ijaws would burn this b*tch down. He will make a play for the Igbo ticket.

Whilst Odili may not get the Igbo ticket, it does not hurt him to keep his options open. Soludo IMO can be considered a possible rival to Odili in the future.

Dont take this as dogma. Im just musing over why Mary Odili has it in for Soludo knowing that Mary Odili is no guardian of democracy.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Afam(m): 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ibime:

All these are geographic demarcations. . . .when that time comes, they will tell you what they mean by power rotation. . . . it has nothing to do with zones and everything to do with ethnicity. . . .  Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba, Igbo and Niger-Delta (most probably Ijaw). Odili can never win South-South ticket. Ijaws would burn this b*tch down. He will make a play for the Igbo ticket.

So the power rotation is about the over 250 ethnic nationalities and not the 6 geo political zones? This is new if true.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ibime:

All these are geographic demarcations. . . .when that time comes, they will tell you what they mean by power rotation. . . . it has nothing to do with zones and everything to do with ethnicity. . . . Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba, Igbo and Niger-Delta (most probably Ijaw). Odili can never win South-South ticket. Ijaws would burn this b*tch down. He will make a play for the Igbo ticket.

Whilst Odili may not get the Igbo ticket, it does not hurt him to keep his options open. Soludo IMO can be considered a possible rival to Odili in the future.

Dont take this as dogma. Im just musing over why Mary Odili has it in for Soludo knowing that Mary Odili is no guardian of democracy.

You guys are getting more ridiculuos by the day.

Niger-Delta now equal to Ijaw?

The ibbibios and Efiks are also no longer part of Niger-Delta

Imo State, Abia State, Ondo State no longer in Niger-Delta?

Please lets stick to this topic.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Ibime(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2009
hehehehe. . . . calm down. . . . Im just stating the obvious. . . . personally, I dont give a fluck if Ijaw man becomes President or not. . . . Im not into tribal politics. . . . the obvious fact is that Odili can never win South-South ticket cos Ijaws will never let him cos of several antecedents from his time as Governor. . . . . . thats not my opinion, thats facts on the ground. . . . as a politician, he must be thinking more toward the South-East wiv regard to Presidency, either as a contestant or as a kingmaker. . .
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2009
A former Governor of South-South origin can not win a South-South ticket beased on your 'facts'

What he can do is to win the ticket of the zone he does not belong to?

I think you people should speak of the South-East with some respect. You have every right to love or hate the South-East and its politics but decency demands that you accord us some level of respect.

Odili is no less of an Igbo man than I am. But rotational Presidency is based on zones not tribe or language you speak.

I doubt an Ijaw Senator from Rivers State will hope to become Governor in Bayelsa State because he thinks based on your facts he cant win a guber election in River State.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Ibime(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
mikeansy:

I think you people should speak of the South-East with some respect. You have every right to love or hate the South-East and its politics but decency demands that you accord us some level of respect.

Man, you so sensitive. . . . what this got to do wiv my "disrespect" for South-East. . . . do you think I have disrespect for South-East?. . . . hehehehehe. . . . I no fit shout!
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ibime:

Man, you so sensitive. . . . what this got to do wiv my "disrespect" for South-East. . . . do you think I have disrespect for South-East?. . . . hehehehehe. . . . I no fit shout!

alright then appologies.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
mikeansy:

alright then appologies.

No problemo. . . .

***Had to edit the rest of the post for posting wrong info****
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
Soludo seems to have joined the do-or-die politics. . . .how sad
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by chosen04(f): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Soludo seems to have joined the do-or-die politics. . . .how sad

Can you imagine that?

May God put him and PDP to shame 2morrow.

I believe God will liberate Anambra from the shackles of PDP and cohorts.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
chosen04:

Can you imagine that?

May God put him and PDP to shame 2morrow.

I believe God will liberate Anambra from the shackles of PDP and cohorts.

I don't know why all these non Anambrarians are drinking Panadol for our own headache

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Come Back A Nigerian In Your Second Life? / Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria / Oil Slump: Another American Destabilization Ploy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.