Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members (898 Views)

Taraba, Middle Belt Groups Reject Army Panel Report On Danjuma’s Allegation / Investigate The Source Of Cash Used For PDP Convention - APC Tells EFCC / IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by ogboa2017: 7:40am On Mar 10, 2017
Pro-Biafra agitators’ killings: Ohanaeze rejects Army’s probe panel
— 10th March 2017

From Iheanacho Nwosu, Abuja and Peter Anosike

President General of the apex Igbo organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nnia Nwodo has flayed the setting up of a panel by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt General T.Y. Buratai to investigate the alleged killing of members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) by troops of the Nigerian Army.
He said the army could not be a judge in its case.
Nwodo, in a two-page statement titled, “Buratai, With Respect, You Cannot Be a Judge In Your Own Court” and signed by him, stated that Buratai’s inquiry could not stand the test of objectivity and therefore, its outcome would not be acceptable to the umbrella body.
The Ohanaeze boss expressed regret that his ceaseless call for a judicial commission of inquiry on the army’s brutality fell on deaf ears until Amnesty International got involved.
“In Ezu River in Anambra State, 21 bodies floated for two months without anyone identifying them up till today. Claims that they were MASSOB members hacked down by combined Police and Army personnel remain uninvestigated.
“In Aba, IPOB members were gunned down by soldiers for just gathering to hold a meeting. No investigation was done.
“In Port Harcourt, IPOB claims 11 of their members were killed by soldiers. I called for an inquiry, nothing happened. Instead, further killings were done in Asaba.
Nwodo said Ohanaeze is not opposed to the Army chief carrying out an internal investigation, but noted that “the findings of such an investigation will neither be acceptable to Ohanaeze nor stand the test of objectivity until it is subjected to an impartial body. The basis of our rule of law is that you must not be a judge in your own court.”
Nwodo cautioned that the Army chief was exacerbating the mood of IPOB members by his threat that Nigeria cannot be divided in his lifetime, describing it as unnecessary.
In continuation of his tour, the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Chief John Nwodo would on Sunday, meet with the chieftains of South West Ohanaeze Ndigbo in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
According to Prince Nathaniel Uzomah, president, Ohanaeze Ndigbo South West zone, the deputy president general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide, Chief Hillary Opara and other national officers would be in the entourage of the president general.
Uzomah who is also the president of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Ekiti State said Nwodo and his entourage would also use the opportunity of the tour to pay courtesy visit to the governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose and the Ewi of Ado Ekiti.
He said this is the first time that president general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo was coming to meet Igbo living in any other state in the South West outside Lagos and commended the new president general for choosing to make the difference.
He called all Igbo in the South West geo-political zone to troop out to give the august visitors rousing a welcome. In his contribution, the secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo South West zone, Chief Iheonunekwu George described the election of John Nwodo and his executive as a new dawn in Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
George who is also the president of Ohanaeze in Osun State said within two months of his election,Nwodo has begin to restore the image of the apex Igbo social cultural organization.
According to him ,Nwodo`s visit to Ekiti is historic and a step in the right direction as it would give the Igbo living in the other states outside Lagos and Abuja sense of belonging.
Also contributing the publicity secretary of the organization ,Peter Anosike called on Ndigbo to give Nwodo and his executive total support .
According to him ,the Nwodo administration came on a board at a historic time and as such Igbo need to put their political and ideological differences aside to enable Ndigbo recover their lost identity.
He said since the new administration came on board ,it has shown in words and action that it is ready to take Ndigbo to the next level.

http://sunnewsonline.com/pro-biafra-agitators-killings-ohanaeze-rejects-armys-probe-panel/

http://sunnewsonline.com/pro-biafra-agitators-killings-ohanaeze-rejects-armys-probe-panel/

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by samincredible44(m): 7:51am On Mar 10, 2017
armies killed innocent civilian nd dy still want to set up an army panel to investigate so dat d army can cover dere evil.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by isbish(m): 7:54am On Mar 10, 2017
Hmm
Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by omenkaLives(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2017
“In Ezu River in Anambra State, 21 bodies floated for two months without anyone identifying them up till today. Claims that they were MASSOB members hacked down by combined Police and Army personnel remain uninvestigated.
Now, this claptrap cleverly left out the period of time this took ace and any ignorant illiterate who sees it would definitely blame Buhari and APC.

these guys are funny.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by ogboa2017: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2017
omenkaLives:
Now, this claptrap cleverly left out the period of time this took ace and any ignorant illiterate who sees it would definitely blame Buhari and APC.

these guys are funny.

But they were shot by Army/Police . People like you have accepted that this kind of extra judiciary killing is ok . White people will investigate what happened 100 yrs ago and do justice to it . Nigeria has to wake up and catch up with the rest of the world . The citizens accept any inhuman treatment as normal . Nigeria is a jungle . We have to come out of jungle life

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by TimeManager(m): 8:43am On Mar 10, 2017
The Lagooners can hardly be pleased. Cursed bunch, Shameless villagers.
Truth is talking!
Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by EasternActivist: 9:03am On Mar 10, 2017
this is a welcome development...

another Igbo leader has truly emerged...

I pray He won't get compromised and fizzle away like his predecessors.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by adadike281(f): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2017
Nna'nyi nwodo, God bless u. Indeed u spoke d minds of ndigbo

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by Pwayne2016(m): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2017
adadike281:
Nna'nyi nwodo, God bless u. Indeed u spoke d minds of ndigbo
sweetheart i love you

Ala gi kwu oto ka Ciga

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by explorer250(m): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2017
EasternActivist:
this is a welcome development...

another Igbo leader has truly emerged...

I pray He won't get compromised and fizzle away like his predecessors.

that is my prayer too.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by adadike281(f): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2017
Pwayne2016:
sweetheart i love you

Ala gi kwu oto ka Ciga
lol, thks. mana oga adalili one day, so don't love me for that only.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by Pwayne2016(m): 9:30am On Mar 10, 2017
adadike281:
lol, thks. mana oga adalili one day, so don't love me for that only.
yea, i love you with all my heart dear

Itogbugokwa m ooo
Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by id911(m): 9:31am On Mar 10, 2017
I'm not igbo but since i was born apart from Ojukwu, I've not come across a fearless and energetic Igbo leader who loves Igbo like the present Ohaneze President.

Igbos pls rally round and support him so that he won't be compromised. Also Igbos don't believe any propaganda that will soon be unleashed about him if they realised he can not be compromised

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by ZZ22: 9:31am On Mar 10, 2017
ogboa2017:

But they were shot by Army/Police . People like you have accepted that this kind of extra judiciary killing is ok . White people will investigate what happened 100 yrs ago and do justice to it . Nigeria has to wake up and catch up with the rest of the world . The citizens accept any inhuman treatment as normal . Nigeria is a jungle . We have to come out of jungle life
more like a zoo

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by adadike281(f): 9:35am On Mar 10, 2017
Pwayne2016:
yea, i love you with all my heart dear
Itogbugokwa m ooo
lol, thks
Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2017
ogboa2017:

Why waste your precious time responding to a nit-wit ignoramus nobody..
Time you could have used to continue picking your sweet teeth of particles..

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by Etogist: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2017
My candid advise to Nnia Nwodo if he can read this is to chose good name rather than precious ointment. I'll like him to emulate Nnamdi Kanu and stand firm and uncompromised in what is right. I believe if he continues this way he'll end up a hero.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by Princesaha: 10:42am On Mar 10, 2017
BenBruce4Presdt:

Why waste your precious time responding to a nit-wit ignoramus nobody..
Time you could have used to continue picking your sweet teeth of particles..

Lwkmd.....this girl you get bad mouth gan. Anyway, the dude wasted his time replying that wretched Igede boy, forgetting that he is paid a paltry sum of 250k monthly to spew rubbish every where.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Rejects Army Panel To Investigate The Killings Of Ipob Members by LoveMachine(m): 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
ogboa2017:

Nonsense! Nigerians are nonstarters when it comes to injustice. Look up HR40 and the US senates refusal to review it. For profit prisons and the us iran contra scandal which flooded the black community with drugs and broke up millions of families. They won't give reparations to US black people nor the countries they colonized and subsequently sponsored coups and impoverished. Wether Turkey, UK, USA, Australia, etc they are barbaric and are inept in the category of justice. Don't let them fool you. After all who presided over the nuptials of our present day homeland of The Federal Republic of Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

See How A Student Nairalander Manage Recession [photo] / The Dual Mandate In British Tropical Africa - Sir F. D. Lugard (excerpts - CH.4) / Buhari's Children Halima,Yusuf & Hanan All Smiles As They Visit Him At Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.