Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? (24136 Views)

Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by andymofia(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
calabar
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by etenyong(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2017
Lagos. Its in this city u find well behaved drivers

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by KingRex1(m): 9:59am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu.. Well tarred, wide and adorned roads with many traffic lights ensures this.

10 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by zaimeg: 9:59am On Mar 13, 2017
Calabar. No contest.

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Godpunishdevil(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2017
Lagos na baba
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by DMerciful(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2017
Lagos has the worst drivers in Nigeria. If not lastma, nobody can drive in Lagos and btw i stay in Lagos undecided
Afam4eva:
Did someone just mention Lagos as having good driving culture? The craziest drivers are in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by ekenetheorg(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Godpunishdevil(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2017
Lagos na baba or Port Harcourt
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by katordidi(m): 10:02am On Mar 13, 2017
Makurdi drivers are quite cultured minus the bikes
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Yusuf4: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2017
THE HOTTEST TELEGRAM
24 HOURS SCHEME.... A telegram group where you get latest info on tested & reliable sites to invest before they are launched. Also, where you can identify scam sites and avoid investing...https:///joinchat/AAAAAEKcPnLAXTeh-V5pRg
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by adegeye38(m): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2017
Akure is the best

Lagos drivers are always impatient

Ibadan drivers drives like they are mad

4 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Sweetguy25: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu and the worst place to drive a car in Nigeria is port harcourt.

7 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by DMerciful(m): 10:04am On Mar 13, 2017
Lagos driver having all these attributes you mentioned? I totally disagree. 80% of drivers in Lagos are reckless and dont obey traffic rules. if not for law enforcement agencies, nobody will be able to drive in Lagos. I have been to Calabar, its incomparable to lagos my a thousand miles in terms of driving and sanity. Know that i stay in Lagos
kITATITA:

Afam, I drive regularly in Lagos. I marvel at the sheer size of commuters and vehicles on Lagos roads at any given time. A typical Lagos driver is less likely to make phone calls while driving, less likely to drive against the traffic and less likely to beat traffic lights compared to most cities in the country. The Lagos driver is more civilized than his counterparts in Benin City, Warri, Port Harcourt or Onitsha.

Cc. lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by jordanwill: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2017
chill make I park, I no Wan disobey traffic rules

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by jaymejate: 10:06am On Mar 13, 2017
Keep talking niggas.

Go to Abeokuta and die trying to cross the road

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Truepee(m): 10:06am On Mar 13, 2017
It's Niger state... That is if we even ghot roads... undecidedIt's Niger state... That is if we even ghot roads...
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by BMZK: 10:07am On Mar 13, 2017
Calabar
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by soath(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2017
adioolayi:
In terms of adherence to highway code... Yes, Lagos.. the fear of LASTMA is the beginning of wisdom... but Lagos interior, those Danfo, Keke and Motorcycle drivers are goats

Ibadan with Crazy Micra drivers and motorcycle riders will be one of the worst have seen
grin grin grin
Those Micra drivers case no be here o! There are crazy set of people.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by lonelydora: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2017
kITATITA:
Driving in Enugu can be fun. Few drivers exceed speed limit and they stop for other motorists at intersections.

I concur

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by sugarwiz(f): 10:08am On Mar 13, 2017
Abuja
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by daniska3yaro(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2017
Calabar,enugu and kaduna
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nedum042: 10:09am On Mar 13, 2017
Have lived in several major cities in the country, I think Enugu is the best in this regard.

5 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Handsomecole(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu State 042. There is strict compliance to traffic rules in that city.

7 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Sanchez01: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
I was close to saying no one should come on here to mention Enugu and then I was shocked on seeing people mentioning Enugu just everywhere.

People clear/park like they are possessed in Enugu. Worst still, they do it just anywhere! angry

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by stefanweeks: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
Definitely not Port Harcourt

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by mmsen: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2017
Rayd502:
I was almost knocked down in Benin when I attempted crossing a supposedly one way road.

Most drivers have no regard for pedestrians especially along Aduwawa/Eyaen axis.

Top on my list will be Uyo,driving around the city is something I find pleasurable with sane road users.

Uyo and Calabar have the most considerate drivers.

They're probably the most considerate citizens in general which is why both cities are so clean, especially compared to certain other places *cough* Ibadan *cough* Aba *cough*.

4 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by fashrola(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2017
Uyo

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Lunagirl(f): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2017
kITATITA:
Driving in Enugu can be fun. Few drivers exceed speed limit and they stop for other motorists at intersections.

It has to be Enugu!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by ionsman: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2017
I have driven in Lagos,Ibadan,Port Harcourt, Benin and Abuja.From my own observation, Ibadan has to be the worst. The drivers there are horrible especially those small Nissan taxis.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by wahles(m): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2017
Minna
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by koning: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2017
Any time I travel from Lagos to Enugu, I always feel like I am driving in a foreign country whenever I arrive Enugu. Driving in Enugu is so stress free.

So Enugu is it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers / 2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled / First Fully Covered Bike With AC Made In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.