Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? (24176 Views)

Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by stoic6ix: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
kaduna and katsina will not even feature here at all... Just crazy set of drivers and always in a hurry. There was this day i was stucked in traffic along Mando road in kaduna. The Gov even with his convoy and siren had to take a chill pill... Kaduna Motorist no wan know that one

And for katsina... I rest my case
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by alaskido(m): 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
The problem is not with the States or the roads but with we as individuals. For me all cities in Nigeria have bad driving culture.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Mbediogu(m): 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
kITATITA:
Driving in Enugu can be fun. Few drivers exceed speed limit and they stop for other motorists at intersections.

Enough, still a gentleman's town it has been. l am pleased to hear that though I haven't been there for over 30 years. I was crying when I departed UNEC for NYSC in the 1980's. Will visit one of these days but I doubt if I can still find my way.

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Mbediogu(m): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
kITATITA:
Driving in Enugu can be fun. Few drivers exceed speed limit and they stop for other motorists at intersections.

Enugu, still a gentleman's town it has been. l am pleased to hear that though I haven't been there for over 30 years. I was crying when I departed UNEC for NYSC in the 1980's. Will visit one of these days but I doubt if I can still find my way.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Mbediogu(m): 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
Handsomebeing:
Enugu and Kano have very good driving culture.

Benin, Ibadan, Abeokuta is the worst I've experience.

Most dangerous I've driven in the road from Ore to Ondo town.

Scariest was driving to pang shin after jos.

Enugu is the recurrent town on that list.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by naijaguy77: 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Calabar by far.

The only city in Nigeria where drivers actually stop and give way to traffic on the left before entering roundabouts.

The first time I saw this, I was sooooo impressed, I started believing in Nigeria again lol
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by hollywater: 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
loopman:

Which kind phone you dey use oga?
Lol New Nokia 3310.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by CairCharles(m): 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
bakynes:

As regards more alternative routes Lagos doesn't have much of that that contributes to traffic and insanity of drivers but considering the fact that during festive period when people travel to their home states Lagos roads always experience serenity.

Serenity is different from driving culture
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Yyeske(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu and Calabar are the best in driving culture but Lagos, Onitsha and Port Harcourt are the worst
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by tk4rd: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
Afam4eva:

It seems logical that these two cities will have saner people.
Mostly Civil Servants and Retired Civil Servants
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
From my experience, it's Enugu.
And the worst fer me is Delta State, Asaba precisely.
Dey get two types of road uses:
1 Drivers 2 Ruffriders
Delta has only ruffridersgrin
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Afam4eva(m): 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
tk4rd:
Mostly Civil Servants and Retired Civil Servants
Exaclty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled / First Fully Covered Bike With AC Made In India / The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.