Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? (24174 Views)

Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by XaintJoel20: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2017
Benin City will never make this list.

The worst form of driving anywhere in the world can be found in Benin City.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Sanchez01: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2017
Handsomecole:
Enugu State 042. There is strict compliance to traffic rules in that city.
This is not true. As a matter of fact, I tend to wonder if traffic rules don't apply to people here. Everyone obeys traffic lights, but when the lights go off, it is no different from a regular, disorganized road such as Lagos'.

People park just anywhere without considering others and there are no towing vehicles in place to hammer sense into their heads.

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Abagworo(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2017
The worst experience for me is Owerri. The drivers there don't obey traffic lights or right of way at the numerous roundabouts.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by depezee(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2017
Now everybody is mentioning Enugu, Calabar and Uyo, Afongas will not tow the line they will still come here to pollute this beautiful trade with their bigotry. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by hollywater: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
Did someone just mention Lagos as having good driving culture? The craziest drivers are in Lagos.
The Op is high on ewedu.Lagos ko lagos ni.The wworse city to drive cat , is Lagos.Ibadan is far ahead of Lahod when talk of good driving.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by SexyNairalander: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2017
Sanchez01:
I was close to saying no one should come on here to mention Enugu and then I was shocked on seeing people mentioning Enugu just everywhere.

People clear/park like they are possessed in Enugu. Worst still, they do it just anywhere! angry

what is this one saying?

5 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by joinnow: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2017
Lagos drives live this.. ....
. Full of crazy driver.
Turning without signaling
Driving with one headlight
Driving against traffic (port Harcourt)
Any day you drive out and you no see mad traffic and road is clear better reverse and head back home.

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2017
Uyo by a long shot.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by LC14052016: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2017
Abeokuta in Ogun state has best driving culture
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:33am On Mar 13, 2017
Benin city shouldn't be among. Both the educated and non - educated don't obey traffic light.

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by SalamRushdie: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2017
Makurdi the Benue state capital
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by 2b400: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2017
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by blackboy2star(m): 10:38am On Mar 13, 2017
The worst is IBADAN... Gbam

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by fareed69(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2017
Owerri.

Jokes apart I respect Owerri drivers

They respect traffic lights and giving way to Traffic at roundabouts.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by smartkev(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2017
you shouldn't even talk about crazy drivers if you never drive for onitsha..

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by bakynes(m): 10:46am On Mar 13, 2017
It seems u guys don't know what makes drivers in a particular city drive with sanity. It simply depends on the population of vehicles on the road in places like Enugu how many Cars is on the road so there is little or no traffic so there is no rushing people can afford to obey traffic rules but in a place like Lagos if you slack you will sleep on the road and people want to get home to rest after a busy day at work.

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by able20(m): 10:51am On Mar 13, 2017
No city in Nigeria
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2017
I live in Warri and I school in Benin. Believe me when I tell you, Benin drivers are terrible. I'm not saying Warri drivers are saints but compared to Benin drivers, they are in the path towards becoming one.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by emi14: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2017
There is no sane driver in Nigeria because of poor road signs. No comprehensive driving school and tests before the issuance of driving licence. How many drivers in Nigeria know and observe STOP signs? Yellow lines. Traffic lights and related road signs. Our traffic officer are only interested in jack and vehicle third-party insurance . Potholes and other unavoidable road hazards are unspeakable .

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by theSpark(m): 10:56am On Mar 13, 2017
Ahmed0336:
Lafia, Nasarawa State Capital should be no 36 on dat list angry

Driving in Lafia is maddd
Especially with okada people swarming about.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by bakynes(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2017
koning:
Any time I travel from Lagos to Enugu, I always feel like I am driving in a foreign country whenever I arrive Enugu. Driving in Enugu is so stress free.

So Enugu is it.
That's simply because there are fewer cars in Enugu so why the rush. But in a place like Lagos too many vehicles on the road. A State that has 30% of the entire countries Vehicle population what do u expect.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by lordinoh(m): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2017
Onitsha
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Kobicove(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2017
kITATITA:
Driving in Enugu can be fun. Few drivers exceed speed limit and they stop for other motorists at intersections.

The main problem with drivers in Enugu is that most of them have the habit of talking on the phone while driving undecided
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 13, 2017
oyo
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Airoflaw(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2017
AutoReportNG2:
It has to be Ilorin... Though the drivers there are getting mad these days, but nevertheless, its worthwhile.
that's because most Ilorin drivers are old retired civic servant who are not already to die compare to Benin driver who are mostly young area boy who don smoke igbo. I know those drivers are crazy when I was almost hit by a bus while trying to cross at ringroad

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by mayortm001(m): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2017
I have only seen the best driving culture in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Audrinakane(f): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2017
Sanchez01:

This is not true. As a matter of fact, I tend to wonder if traffic rules don't apply to people here. Everyone obeys traffic lights, but when the lights go off, it is no different from a regular, disorganized road such as Lagos'.

People park just anywhere without considering others and there are no towing vehicles in place to hammer sense into their heads.

Which part of Enugu are you talking about. Enugu is actually a nice place when it comes to traffic and driving. Traffic lights are obeyed strictly and towing people are always there looking for cars to tow. But you can tell me the part of Enugu you are talking about .
Enugu for me is the best.

3 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Bigii(m): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2017
OTUKPO grin
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2017
bakynes:
It seems u guys don't know what makes drivers in a particular city drive with sanity. It simply depends on the population of vehicles on the road in places like Enugu how many Cars is on the road so there is little or no traffic so there is no rushing people can afford to obey traffic rules but in a place like Lagos if you slack you will sleep on the road and people want to get home to rest after a busy day at work.

It's not true. Enugu was well planned, with many intersections to divert traffic.
Armed with side walks, street lights, traffic lights and road signs.
Populated with civilized people .
How come others cities with less population than Enugu didn't make the list?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Izen: 11:14am On Mar 13, 2017
adioolayi:
In terms of adherence to highway code... Yes, Lagos.. the fear of LASTMA is the beginning of wisdom... but Lagos interior, those Danfo, Keke and Motorcycle drivers are goats

Ibadan with Crazy Micra drivers and motorcycle riders will be one of the worst have seen
grin grin grin

Wahali, Ibadan roads are jungles
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2017
bakynes:

That's simply because there are fewer cars in Enugu so why the rush. But in a place like Lagos too many vehicles on the road. A State that has 30% of the entire countries Vehicle population what do u expect.

Are there no fewer cars in Ibadan than Lagos?
How come they drive like mad people there?

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by braine(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2017
I dont know which city has the best, but I know the worst: LAGOS!

Diving around Lagos is not sexy at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled / First Fully Covered Bike With AC Made In India / The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.