Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? (6671 Views)

10 Phones With 5000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria / 5 Smartphones With Massive Battery Capacity / Gionee M2017 With 7000mah Battery Capacity Now Official: See Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:59am On Mar 13, 2017
BEFORE NKO? ARE YOU A LEARNER?
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2017
paolokonqueror:
I swear I've been wondering how they do it especially with how slim the L9 Plus is and how mad the battery turned out
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by lonelydora: 9:41am On Mar 13, 2017
SugarPlum8:
I'm on the subscriber list of techcity blog. This morning, I received a notification for two new topics. One was about Huawei GR7 and the other was about the reasons why I should get a phone with a long lasting battery.

In the course of reading, I saw a comparison between Tecno L9 Plus, Infinix Note 4 and Gionee M6 Mini. They were tabulated as follows:-

Product - TECNO L9 Plus Infinix Note 3 Gionee M6 Mini

Battery - 5000mAh 4500mAh 4000mAh

Slimness - 8.2mm 8.4mm 8.2mm

Weight - 180g 199g 180g

Screen Size - 6.0-inch 6.0-inch 5.3-inch

The obvious winner being L9 plus was dubbed the "slimmest battery king"

But that's not realy a concern

My question is, how do these manufacturers do it?
Which kind of technology do they use?
How can a phone have more battery capacity and still look slim?

That's the beauty of technology.
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by chicwoman(f): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2017
To answer your question I don't think so
The new Tecno L9 is very slim and has 5000mAH battery
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by chicwoman(f): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2017
It doesnt o
The new L9 from tecno is very slim yet it has 5000mAH battery
FRANKOSKI:
BEFORE NKO? ARE YOU A LEARNER?
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by chicwoman(f): 10:43am On Mar 13, 2017
Technology is very beautiful, if you see the new l9, you'll be surprised
lonelydora:

That's the beauty of technology.

1 Like

Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by nada4u0052(f): 11:20am On Mar 13, 2017
Techm8:
To achieve that slimness they make use of lithium batteries, such as Lithium Polymer (Li-Poly) and Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) batteries. Li-Poly batteries in particular tend to be really slim and lightweight and these batteries are not enclosed in metal and so can be made to fit the sleekest and smallest phones.
wow .. now I know why my itelS31 is so light n d battery is efficient
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by castel428: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2017
Emmanuel602:
ARSENE WENGER MUST GO #WENGEROUT
wenger? What type of phone is that? Does it support 4g?
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by smithblink0052(f): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2017
Techm8:
To achieve that slimness they make use of lithium batteries, such as Lithium Polymer (Li-Poly) and Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) batteries. Li-Poly batteries in particular tend to be really slim and lightweight and these batteries are not enclosed in metal and so can be made to fit the sleekest and smallest phones.
good answer now I see why latest phones like infinix, itelS31 Samsung go for slim light phones
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by Behankey(m): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
dejiWEST:
To be very honest, the world is evolving, when I saw the specs of that L9 PLus, I was so astonished like very soon, they will say our imaginations will be the battery grin grin
They said the L9 Plus is the slimmest battery King, have u see the phone? Because I don't want to judge with the pictures I'm seeing online. They are very dope.
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by missslimzy(f): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yes it will definelty affect ...
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by DavidoArsenal(m): 1:50am On Mar 16, 2017
LMFAO! The type that should go out of market sad sad sad
castel428:

Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by paolokonqueror(m): 1:59am On Mar 16, 2017
Wenger phone def supports 4 G grin grin
castel428:

Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by paolokonqueror(m): 2:00am On Mar 16, 2017
Exactly! My first reactions I was in awe!
chicwoman:
Technology is very beautiful, if you see the new l9, you'll be surprised
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by paolokonqueror(m): 2:02am On Mar 16, 2017
Yes, safe to say the L9 + beating the odds as it is
chicwoman:
It doesnt o
The new L9 from tecno is very slim yet it has 5000mAH battery
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by DavidoArsenal(m): 2:12am On Mar 16, 2017
It's so surprising tho. The design of the L9 Plus shows Tecno means serious business, packed with the battery, the super charge too amongst other things

chicwoman:
To answer your question I don't think so
The new Tecno L9 is very slim and has 5000mAH battery
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by DavidoArsenal(m): 2:14am On Mar 16, 2017
No it won't. There are phones that are defying all odds and like the OP pointed out, the L9 Plus already did.
missslimzy:
Yes it will definelty affect ...
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by Freak101(f): 9:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Iseoluwani:

Like my gionee m5 mini
gionee m5 mini issa cool phone tho
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
dejiWEST:
Errr they don't have the same capacity na, from what the OP wrote, L9 Plus has 5000mAh while the Gionee has 4000

sorry about that, but L9plus still beats it even with more battery
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
Abdstrakt:

You forgot a tiny yet important detail. There are tens of other components that make up a phone besides the battery.

True, but u know, battery takes the most space.
Re: Does Battery Capacity Determine The Weight Of A Phone? by SugarPlum8: 9:07am On Mar 21, 2017
Freak101:
Yes ..check the likes of gionee and tecno l8,their batteries are high and the phones are heavy af

With this L9, the story is diffrens.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S (X521) Official Discussion Thread / 10 Most Weird Looking Phones Ever Made / 5 Best TECNO Spark Phones To Buy In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.