Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

"The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy (55625 Views)

Still On The Wedding Party / Revamping Nollywood: Could This Be A Sure End To Piracy In Nigeria? / Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nonsense why should i pay 1k for a fuccccking movie
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Eleniyan15: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
Barcelona is a big lesson to all the ladies...never judge a man with his first round
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by oluyemisee(f): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
eeyaa,dats bad cos making that movie must have cost a fortune
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by leopayne(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
emeijeh:
But no be everybody go still go watch am for cinema na.

Who calculate this maths?!

Correct talk,,
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by cocktopuss: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
something really needs to be done about this thing called piracy. its so unfair.

Btw since these Alaba market people spear head this piracy thing, why cant the movie makers offer rights to one major kingpin for the cds to be duplicated for some millions of naira. then the Alaba market kingpin would be responsible for giving permit or rights to other duplicators....

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Neimar: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
I Don watch am Chaii

I love pirated stuffs

2 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by ideologies(m): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
i cant believe i just watch this movie today online, never new its still new, may i no spoil person business
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by evilspirit: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
Sad
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
When you want to produce a movie,settle everyone..Meet the guys at Upper Iweka and liase with them.. Mo Abudu will not listen..Madam,if you like,hold a private screening of your movie in South of France with the likes of Wole Soyinka in attendance or hire the 'creme de la creme' as your cast. If you don't talk to Alaba and Iweka boys,they will humble you..

6 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by princemike2005(m): 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
CD=200 coke=100 popcorn =100 make I enter enerhen junction tomorrow go buy d CD @ least 6h go save
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Coldfeets: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
Monkey dey work; baboon dey chop.

But like Okechukwu Ofili of Ofilispeaks.com once stated, piracy is a human thing.

People will always find another way of getting something they want.

The best the producers or authors or musicians can do is to lower the prices of their work as well as make it very easy to get to the targeted audience/market such that it will become practically impossible as well as economically unproductive for pirates to ruin your hard work by providing those alternatives.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by whela(m): 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
Just finished seeing this movie for the fourth time in one week.... Live it love it
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by mmsen: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
I'm sure they had plans to take it to Netflix anyway.

It's not as if piracy is new or unforeseen. This happens to every film, everywhere.

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Baroba(m): 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.

lame story line.
very fake acting too undecided

Cunningly rips of bits of the American movie The Best Man in a Nigerian setting.. If you want to watch quality, check out Izu Ojukwu's 76.. I heard it cost a whooping 600 million to make..

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Cutehector(m): 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
grin eya sobs
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by sprado(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
In Nigeria,copyright is right to copy.....remember to download download this app.its original.it contains lots of recipes too.....a must have for everylady. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glaanceafrique.nigeriancuisines
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.

lame story line.

Beautiful damsel are you indeed sure u saw the same wedding party I saw... cuz from all indications that movie is dope.
I could take u out to go c d movie again if u wish
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by cupidhero(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
The name of the movie is one of the reasons i'm yet to see it. Sounds like a hallmark movie.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
This title confuse me though... Thought he was rob or something like that... And who told them every body have access/money to spend in cinema?
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by buffalowings: 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
end time movie
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by flyover30(m): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
thank God I quickly watch am b4 it was taken down

2 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Okuda(m): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
udysweet:
I had a feeling this would happen! Naija now ehn,no too tay to sell hard copies after showing it in the cinemas because once hands are laid on the soft copy na to go spread d good news courtesy alaba intl! Lol! I hope lasting solution is found to piracy

Nigerians themselves, the viewers are the ones to blame and not the pirates
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by SafeDavid(m): 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
They could always liaise with the pirates and split the profits.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by adecz: 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hmmmm

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by elhafeez(m): 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
There is no cinema in my area. I will buy if for 2 huns and send the 800 balance to the produce. Naija no dey try why will u piraté someones movie.
we have to blame someone for this. OK i blame Buhari
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by babythug(f): 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.

lame story line.

It's not that bad now! Though I agree it could have had some more depth!

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Codes151(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Loose 200m!!? Some bloggers are useless sha! Out if the 20k views, how many for buy the ticket self for 1k How much them spend to even act the drama self!!? Well when free download dey I fit check am out
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Princefrankie1(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
But seriously Nigerians can hype movies alot.
Don't get me wrong, the movie is ok, but not at par with the hype.

I was expecting something more due to the so much stories I heard about the movie.

And talking about Piracy, I already have the movie in my mobile phone. It's already online for free download. I don't know how this site owners put this movies online so fast for free, but it's really bad.

3 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Princefrankie1(m): 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
Codes151:
Loose 200m!!? Some bloggers are useless sha! Out if the 20k views, how many for buy the ticket self for 1k How much them spend to even act the drama self!!? Well when free download dey I fit check am out

Lol. I have the movie already in my mobile phone. It's online for over a couple of months now.

The Piracy issue is really bad. I wish there is a way they can mitigate this problem. When I saw the movie, I was really astonished. A new movie that is still being shown in the Cinema, is already online for free download. Hmmm. Na wa o. This is really getting worse. Before it takes up to 6 months or 1 year after the movie is premiered before free download.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2020: Who Is Your Favourite Housemate? / Toke Makinwa Unveiled As Anchor Of Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 / BBNaija 2019: N60 Million Grand Prize For Winner. The Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.