Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi (1549 Views)

Rejoinder: Nigerians Dont Care If South East Leave Nigeria. SS Is the Issue. / Open This Thread But Dont Comment / Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by chosen04(f): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2009
http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11237:yar-aduas-illness-kumuyi-calls- for-halt-to-comments&catid=19:city-news&Itemid=26

The General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Ministry, Pastor Williams Kumuyi yesterday called on Nigerians
to halt further comments on the health of President Umar Musa Yar ‘adua.
He said this immediately after touching down at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport at 5.30 pm for the Abuja Night of Power slated for Friday.

Kumuyi, who frowned at such comment, said such a delicate matter shouldn’t be handled flippantly.

“The country should empathize, sympathize and pray for him so that God can revive him back to good health,” the pastor advised.                   

He said Abuja residents will gain a lot from the power night organized by the Christian Association of Nigeria, adding that it is an opportunity for them to take stock of their inventory for the year in order to package good things to take to the new year.

The General Superintendent also called on Christians to unite together to move the country forward positively, saying the external appearance of some church members should not separate Christians from each other.

He advised Nigerians to endure the pains they are facing economically as well as find solutions at the same time, adding that they must endure pain because of the gains they will receive at last.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11237:yar-aduas-illness-kumuyi-                        calls-for-halt-to-comments&catid=19:city-news&Itemid=26
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by chosen04(f): 8:42am On Dec 17, 2009
Pastor,

So what should we comment on? The great things we has done for the country i guess?
How he achieved all his seven points agendas?

chosen04:

Kumuyi, who frowned at such comment, said such a delicate matter shouldn’t be handled flippantly.

Pastor, i guess you want this issue reserved exclusively for the "SENIOR CITIZENS" of the country?
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by Afam(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2009
chosen04:

Pastor, i guess you want this issue reserved exclusively for the "SENIOR CITIZENS" of the country?

It is sad to note that Nigerians have elevated some of these pastors to demi gods and as such when they talk they think or assume that they are talking to idiots.

And why won't they behave like that when the average church goer brags about what his/her pastor said as against what the bible said?

I only hope the EFCC will focus their attention on these pastors cum businessmen once they are done with the financial institutions. Just 2 months work will sanitize that area.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by citizenY(m): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2009
@ Afam,

What will be their offence- collecting tithes? grin
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by Kx: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2009
I wonder why they are gathering to pray.

For crying out loud,here is the prayer authorised by the bible.

1 Timothy 2 verse 2-3.

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men,For kings, and for all that are in authority(on the condition) that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; "

Quiet,peaceful life,are we living it?
Godliness and honesty,are those our leaders watchword?

Why cant these pastors face the truth and tell it like it is?
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by Afam(m): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2009
citizenY:

@ Afam,

What will be their offence- collecting tithes? grin

No. At least they don't force people to pay tithes, they play with their minds and cajole them to pay which may not be an offense in itself.

However, what they do with the money collected on God's behalf should be investigated considering the fact that many of the members can't even afford 0.001% of what their pastors can afford and many of these pastors seem to have just 1 job - full time pastoring.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by chosen04(f): 9:18am On Dec 17, 2009
Kx:

How will they face the truth and tell it like it is when they are only interested in telling THOSE IN POWER WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR AND NOT WHAT THE HOLY BOOK SAYS?
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by citizenY(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2009
@Chosen04

Make you no get BP oh. Abeg calm down. We are all incensed na cold pure water I dey take just now.
I use half pour for head, swallow half.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by Kay17: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2009
religion and politics go hand in hand, religion forces the people into submission to the authority of the leaders. rather than advise Yar to resign, so an healthier person would take over, but he prefers gagging us.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by chosen04(f): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2009
citizenY:

@Chosen04

Make you no get BP oh. Abeg calm down. We are all incensed na cold pure water I dey take just now.
I use half pour for head, swallow half.

Very funny!
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by kcng: 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
NA WA O! YOU SURE SAY SATAN NEVER TAKE OVER THE BIG CHURCHES IN NIGERIA? ABI NA OLD AGE DEY WORRY THESE BABA?

NA WA OOO. IF KUMUYI CAN TALK LIKE THESE,THEN THE END IS NEAR.WHAT IS THE POINT OF SERVING GOD MANY YEARS AND END UP DYING A SINNER?

IS IT NOT BETTTER TO KEEP QUIET?
PASTOR BAKARE IS THE ONLY TRUE FRIEND OF THE NIGERIA YOUTH, AND I THINK WE SHOULD CELEBRATE HIM!

KUMUYI,ADEBOYE,OYEDEPO AND MANY OF THEM WHO ENJOYED FREE EDUCATION AND THE OIL BOOM NIGERIA, ARE ALL COWARDS, WHO ARE AFFRAID OF THE GOVERNMENT AND WANT TO ALWAYS BE IN THEIR GOOD BOOKS, AT THE EXPENCE OF THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN WHO IS BEEN OPPRESSED BY IT'S OWN GOVERNMENT.

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF THESE SO CALLED BIG PASTORS HAD CRIED OUT ABOUT ALL THE EVIL IN THE SOCIETY LONG AGO?WE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN TO THESE DEPLORABLE SITUATION. BUT THEY WOULD RATHER PREACH ON TITHES AND OFFERIGNS. NA DAT 1 CONCERN DEM, OLE OLE OF NIGERIA.

BAKARE RISK'S HIS LIFE FOR THE AVARAGE NIGERIAN.IF NOT FOR GOD WHO PROTECTS HIM.
ALL I KNOW IS, THE MINORITY THAT IS RIGHT WILL SOON BECOME MAJORITY.

I KNOW ONE DAY GOD WILL EXPOSE NIGERIAN'S ENEMIES FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by otokx(m): 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
A lot of these pastors themselves are no different from the thieving, rapist politicians.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kx:

I wonder why they are gathering to pray.

For crying out loud,here is the prayer authorised by the bible.

1 Timothy 2 verse 2-3.

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men,For kings, and for all that are in authority(on the condition) that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; "

Quiet,peaceful life,are we living it?
Godliness and honesty,are those our leaders watchword?

you're misreading that verse sweetie.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by redsun(m): 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
The churches are just as bad as the government in nigeria,they are all deluded,scheming and exploiting institutions with the inherently poor,traumatized and gullible man at the receiving end.

Listening to them is like taking advice from the enemies.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by linuxuser(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2009
I reserve my comments
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by donjon: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2009
Old age is a disease for some people
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by Knight1(m): 10:00am On Dec 18, 2009
So you want all the 'big' pastors to criticise govt, when y'all have agreed that most of their followers follow the pastor before the bible, what u'll see in such a case is a major uproar and probably crisis.
When u are in a position of power and influence, you always have to balance your personal opinions and whats good for the people at large. While i am not exactly impressed by their silence, i can't place blame at their feet cos they also have to be careful not to instigate the people against the government (no matter how bad it is)

Thats what i feel sha
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by smoothine: 11:24am On Dec 18, 2009
Sometimes these pastors think they have a monopoly of knowledge.If he thinks he can talk any how and people would listen NAH.he should limit his stupid talk to his church members who he has hoodwinked into believing everything that comes out of his mouth.
In fact i am disapointed in all these so called church pastors now.Martin Luther Jnr was a pastor when he led the American people against a repressive govt .why cant our church leaders stand up for what is right for once and help in moving thses nations forward.i shake my head.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by naso2(m): 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
Kumuyi has asked people to rather pray for the president instead of the negative comments and wishes . Yes some of us may disagree with him but I do not think this warrants some of the comments here.

KUMUYI still has my respect any time any day.
Re: Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 19, 2009
RELIGION NA POLITRICKS OR IS IT RELIGION AND POLITICS? Pastors make d bible looks like d nigerian constitution which can b interpreted in so many ways to suit individual agendas. Abi how do we explain d opposite of what jesus taught been preached by pastors so as to keep d followership. No disrespect but MUGUS must continue to pay,

(1) (Reply)

AIT Broadcast Live Transmission Of Goodluck Jonathan Declaration / Nigerian Youths Corrupt,Uninformed, Unenlightened, Semi-literate,Clueless- Video / Okah’s Bail Application Verdict To Wait !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.