Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

I Cant Really Remember When I Last Had Blood Transfusion - Buhari Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Cant Really Remember When I Last Had Blood Transfusion - Buhari Says (344 Views)

''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says / Benue Killings Design To Divide Nigeria - President Buhari Says / President Buhari Had Blood Transfusion In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Cant Really Remember When I Last Had Blood Transfusion - Buhari Says by Wikinaija(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
There might be indications that President Muhammadu Buhari had a blood transfusion while he was away in the United Kingdom for a medical treatment.
The president while speaking with top government officials on Friday, March 10, after his return said he could not recall the last time he had a blood transfusion in his life, Punch reports.
While speaking on his health and challenges he faced during his medical vacation President Buhari said: "I couldn’t recall when last I had blood transfusion; I couldn’t recall honestly, I can say in my 70 years (sic)."

READ ALSO: Group calls for investigation into President Buhari’s health status

While the president identified the major problem facing Nigeria's health system is self treatment, he however, did not say if that led to the health complications he suffered.
He said: “I think one of our terrible things is self drug administration. We have to trust our doctors more and trust ourselves more."
“Where I visited, they only take drug when it is absolutely necessary. They don’t just swallow everything," Buhari said.

PAY ATTENTION: 7 notable things President Buhari said as he arrived Nigeria

“This is a testimony that in spite of the hardship being experienced, Nigerians support the government in its effort to tackle our country’s challenges.
“The best way for me to repay you all is to rededicate myself to serving you, protecting your interests and keeping your trust. I thank you very much.

I am feeling much better now; there may, however, be need to have further follow-ups within some weeks," he said.
He further commended the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo for his efforts in handling the affairs of the nation while he was away.

READ ALSO: Exposed!! Big Brother TV Show Is A Devilish Programme – See This Photo & Proof (It Will Shock You)
He said: "Having said that, I am pleased that I am back. I am pleased that the Vice President enjoyed this break and he has to do much more this time around," Buhari said.
“Youthfulness and intellect are squarely behind him while age and purely military experience are behind me.
“Let us continue to do the work. Nigeria will continue whether we are here or not.”
Buhari said he deliberately returned on Friday so that he could continue his rest while Osinbajo continued working.
READ ALSO: Big Brother Nigeria contestant, Kemen disqualified For Trying To Rape Tboss
“I deliberately came back towards the weekend so that the Vice President will continue and I will continue to rest,” Buhari added.
Meanwhile, President Buhari advised well meaning Nigerians to rather remain in their stations to say a prayer for him and Nigeria rather than taking the pains to travel to Abuja to welcome him.
“ and prosperity,” he said.
President Muhammadu Buhari returned to Nigeria on Friday, March 10, after a medical trip to the United Kingdom.
During his time away, the vice president Yemi Osinbajo served as the acting president of Nigeria.

http://www.wikinaija.com.ng/2017/03/blood-transfusion-Buhari.html

(1) (Reply)

My Govt Has Not Borrowed A Dime From Any Bank — Okorocha / Okowa Calls On Dangote, Other Investors To Explore Nigeria’s Gas Industry / Questions For The Authorities Of Abu And Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.