Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) (26818 Views)

Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit / The Road Leading To Otuoke, Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan's Village (Photos) / The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by izzou(m): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
KevinDein:
After spending a couple of years in southern Nigeria and having toured the country, I seriously lmao whenever I read comments like "that's why the north are not developed" from most nairalanders who I'd assume are southerners. I mean the south itself is just as undeveloped. So that statement amuse me to no ends. grin

I dare say it's extremely rare, almost impossible, to find such an eyesore in northern Nigeria.
grin

Then you haven't really been to the north.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by tripoli007(m): 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
Julius berger and RCc too big ,just give this road to those China construction ccc and watch magic happen .. spiritual koo .. spiritual nii .. so if them put interlocking for this road ,ur spirit go come come out .. I wish u know d sorry state of ayobo-ipaja road in Lagos before those China people handled it .. most Nigerian construction companies are very incompetent, I stand to be corrected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by bobothem(m): 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
See the roads leading to Enyimba Stadium

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
I feel like throwing up looking at these pictures.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Originalsly: 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

During construction of dat road in 2005 those tunnels were opened and drained. No lets use along east as a case study. Go there now and stand by ulasi or danfodio and tell me wat u notice.
Before opp our ladies was constructed d last time a very big fish was removed from opp st anthony and since den d road stood. Anyway i will rest my case here
Hmmm....interesting. .. a fish was responsible for bad roads.....wonder if they're moving that fish around?
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by pirees: 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

D same company dat constructed other roads in aba dat is still standing today has constructed dat road. Dat road has been constructed more dan 3 times since i knew it. It doesn't even last for 2 months.
I have been there bro. I know exactly wat am saying. Visit those vicinities where most thieves were burn, d roads get damaged almost immediately they are constructed.
Ulasi, dikenafai, danfodio all comes to my mind
you people should stop arguing joor the road is aba made and anything made in aba is ....
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by dom(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

D same company dat constructed other roads in aba dat is still standing today has constructed dat road. Dat road has been constructed more dan 3 times since i knew it. It doesn't even last for 2 months.
I have been there bro. I know exactly wat am saying. Visit those vicinities where most thieves were burn, d roads get damaged almost immediately they are constructed.

Danfodio is even worse than I left it in 1989 for Abuja. I was there in July. U can't even enter from the east. You have to enter eche road and then cross over.
I wonder why they build roads without gutters. Its a waste of time, knowing Aba's terrain and topography.

Aba brings tears to my eyes each time I go there or see pictures of it. That's a town that ordinarily can feed Abia state from IGR alone if well managed. I wish this governor well. Wish others were as serious.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by zionmade2: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lordave:
Shammah Christian Academy.
Wagon Faith Academy.
I'm sorry this your spiritual talk no make sense at all.
Things of dat nature doesnt make sense to those who dnt operate at that realm.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by dokyOloye: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
KevinDein:
After spending a couple of years in southern Nigeria and having toured the country, I seriously lmao whenever I read comments like "that's why the north are not developed" from most nairalanders who I'd assume are southerners. I mean the south itself is just as undeveloped. So that statement amuse me to no ends. grin

I dare say it's extremely rare, almost impossible, to find such an eyesore in northern Nigeria.
Ur analysis is wrong on all counts.
1st of all,remember Aba is just a town in Abia and not d state capital.
In d north,such a town might have just 2 or maximum of 3 tarred roads,one federal road passing thru d town,one to d local govt headquarters which might also serve INEC office,divisional police office etc wc are usually sited near each other and maybe a 3rd leading to d major market.d rest will just be laterite roads though the north is lucky cos they have more of sandy soil which gives off less dust and retains little or no water.This road in question is one of d hundreds of roads in Aba and U can't compare it to a typical local govt in d north that at most will have 5 or 6 tarred roads.
U have to also factor in d issue of rainfall and soil type.Aba will have had up to 10 episodes of rainfall by now while d north central hasn't had even one yet talk more of d so called core north and Aba has a loamy soil wc retains water more and this is clearly not good for roads.
Let us not even go into other indices of development.In a whole local govt U might have just 2 secondary schools and 4 primary schools or at most double of that.Usually 1 general hospital and almost non existent private hospitals except in d state capital or few in few commercial towns.
When U analyse my write up,remember I am not talking abt d state capitals and yes,I've lived in and traversed 85% d north,I know what I'm talking about.
I doubt if there's any place in d south where ppl still drink water gotten from d same ponds where animals drink from by now but it's still a common sight in d northern hinterlands.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by arsenal33: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
juman:
The governor should lobby the federal to do their roads in that city.
See them, never blaming their governors.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Adonkia(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

You have been told ;Julius Berger. Make we see that winch cheesy
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by obyrich(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
Greeninho:

One thing you must understand is that all adjoining roads to that ohanku empty their inexistent gutters on that road and the road has a poor drainage system. There are manholes (tunnels) on that road (ohanku) that lead to riverside but its blocked. I have always maintained that roads that lead to or that cuts across markets and outskirts of the city should be dualized. Such road cannot be repaired by unknown construction company. That road should be dualized and the drainage system opened and directed to move waters back to riverside instead of what is obtainable now. Berger, Arab contractors, inter bau or even rcc can do it.

The problem with ohanku as I highlighted is the same problem with faulks road, ngwa road and cemetery road.
You have a clear understanding of the problem with the road. Faulks road is being addressed as we speak. I pray the governor to expedite action in resolving whatever issue is keeping him from addressing the road. Emeka Wogu scored a low in this regard. I saw his house, I mean ancestral home, in one of the pix. What a shame!
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by puremind1: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lordave:
You've said it all!
All i can see are brown roofed houses and erosion-ravaged roads. I thought the Igbos say iron sheets don't get corroded in their region. No wonder they are trooping to westside due to desolation and despondency of their crime-infested enclave.Anoufia!

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by cooljude(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:
I schooled at d brown 5-storey building showing in one of those pics. Ohanku has been reconstructed many times and stiil no way. D last time i was around there a life was lost during d construction.
I told my classmates den and am still saying it today so many years after.
So many blood were shed on that road only second to ngwa road Junction. So many thieves were burnt on dat road including someone who only stole maggi. In as much as there was a time aba needed to purge themselves of thieves but so many thieves whose action were not worth death were burnt on those roads.
Until something spiritual is done they can construct dat road a thousand times it will go back to dat state. Aba has so many blood on their hands and dat city require spiritual purging

Their is no hope in this country, so far as most people reason the same way as you. use quality materials with good drainage to make that road and let me see the devil that would affect its condition. Everything mustn't be supernatural.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

lolz, u hv a point but I think it's poor drainage that caused this. From an engineer's point of view
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by nextprince: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
KevinDein:

Being a Northerner, there are just two states I have not visited in the North and the states I have visited, I explored them very well and based on my knowledge, I can say without any fear of contradiction that there is nothing like this in the North.

But, conversely, many states in the South have sights like this.
Now, is it these sights they call development and advancement?

If a picture of one bad road in the North is uploaded by one bigot, you will see them self-service out their lives on that pic, meanwhile they have things like this.

Someone rightly observed on this thread; this should be one of the wonderful legacies of PDP administration that they wouldn't allow us to rest. I know, one confused wailer must blame APC for this "wonderful achievement".

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by juman(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
arsenal33:

See them, never blaming their governors.

The federal should do the federal roads.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by zionmade2: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
lofty900:
lolz, u hv a point but I think it's poor drainage that caused this. From an engineer's point of view
Am an engineer

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by ifyan(m): 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
dokyOloye:
Ur analysis is wrong on all counts.
1st of all,remember Aba is just a town in Abia and not d state capital.
In d north,such a town might have just 2 or maximum of 3 tarred roads,one federal road passing thru d town,one to d local govt headquarters which might also serve INEC office,divisional police office etc wc are usually sited near each other and maybe a 3rd leading to d major market.d rest will just be laterite roads though the north is lucky cos they have more of sandy soil which gives off less dust.This road in question is one of d hundreds of roads in Aba and U can't compare it to a typical local govt in d north that at most will have 5 or 6 tarred roads.
U have to also factor in d issue of rainfall and soil type.Aba will have had up to 10 episodes of rainfall by now while d north central hasn't had even one yet talk more of d so called core north and Aba has a loamy soil wc retains water more and this is clearly not good for roads.
Let us not even go into other indices of development.In a whole local govt U might have just 2 secondary schools and 4 primary schools or at most double of that.Usually 1 general hospital and almost non existent private hospitals except in d state capital or few in few commercial towns.
When U analyse my write up,remember I am not talking abt d state capitals and yes,I've lived in and traversed 85% d north,I know what I'm talking about.
I doubt if there's any place in d south where ppl still drink water gotten from d same ponds where animals drink from by now but it's still a common sight in d northern hinterlands.

True talk. Well spoken l can remember when I passed through Taraba plus Adamawa . Forget Southern Nigeria is far ahead in development in almost all indices to Northern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by puremind1: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
dom:

Danfodio is even worse than I left it in 1989 for Abuja. I was there in July. U can't even enter from the east. You have to enter eche road and then cross over.
I wonder why they build roads without gutters. Its a waste of time, knowing Aba's terrain and topography.

Aba brings tears to my eyes each time I go there or see pictures of it. That's a town that ordinarily can feed Abia state from IGR alone if well managed. I wish this governor well. Wish others were as serious.
This is an eyesore! Aba is the worst zoo i ve ever seen .Over to Onikuje of Kuje prison. If the so called the most commercialized town of the yeast can be like this,then one wonders how their eldorado Biafra would be. The way the ojukwus develop other places one would think their towns would be better. Nonense chest beating buffoons.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

During construction of dat road in 2005 those tunnels were opened and drained. No lets use along east as a case study. Go there now and stand by ulasi or danfodio and tell me wat u notice.
Before opp our ladies was constructed d last time a very big fish was removed from opp st anthony and since den d road stood. Anyway i will rest my case here
man! stop talking Rubbish! did you witness the big fish removed? were you there when it happened? seriously stop! talking shiit!
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by konfused: 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
Aba needs a total road overhauling. Every single road in Aba needs to be touched.

I believe Okezie will do justice to Aba roads with the level of work going on now on different roads.

The topic of this thread is wrong cos ohanku road doesn't lead directly to Aba stadium.......
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Chinedu100: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
we are all in shambles...
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by EternalTruth: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
gypsey:
man! stop talking Rubbish! did you witness the big fish removed? were you there when it happened? seriously stop! talking shiit!
hahahahaha oga I don laugh die.
see mentality.
so a big fish was responsible for this sorry state of road?
lol
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
cooljude:

Their is no hope in this country, so far as most people reason the same way as you. use quality materials with good drainage to make that road and let me see the devil that would affect its condition. Everything mustn't be supernatural.
i wonder o! that guy have spend so much time in his village in front of a shrine, his brains has been washed so much, i think he needs to get out more maybe drink a shot of jack daniels wiskey grin i bet you he will come back to his senses after a shot of wiskey

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by ifyan(m): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:
I schooled at d brown 5-storey building showing in one of those pics. Ohanku has been reconstructed many times and stiil no way. D last time i was around there a life was lost during d construction.
So many blood were shed on that road only second to ngwa road Junction. So many thieves were burnt on dat road including someone who only stole maggi. In as much as there was a time aba needed to purge themselves of thieves but so many thieves whose action were not worth death were burnt on those roads.
Until something spiritual is done they can construct dat road a thousand times it will go back to dat state. Aba has so many blood on their hands and dat city require spiritual purging

Bro they may believe you but my stay in Abia state ,Aba to be precise. Why most road are not constructed in Aba and some eastern part of the country is spiritual.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by EternalTruth: 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm....interesting. .. a fish was responsible for bad roads.....wonder if they're moving that fish around?
the guy mentality just baffle me.. chai so one big fish was responsible for this sorry state of road..
hmm too much of spiritual belief isn't good

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by goodvision12(m): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
No wonder enyimba has not been playing their home games @ thier stadium because of the sorry state of the road.This is an eyesore.The govt of abia state should do something about this road.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
EternalTruth:
hahahahaha oga I don laugh die.
see mentality.
so a big fish was responsible for this sorry state of road?
lol
i wonder o! grin me thinks that donkey needs to get out from that small village were he is and drink a sip of jack daniels wiskey and i bet you he will come back to his senses grin
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by TerrorSquad(m): 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

I actually schooled in Iheorji, no proper construction have been done on that road. forget blood
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Mrjo(m): 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

U dnt really believe in spiritual if u do u wont tell mean dat.
We watched one die in ohanku during construction , we watched on die infront of our ladies. If u live aba go around d most notoriuos spots for burning thieves u will understand wat am saying
so what u ar saying also happend in other places? Eg: lagos
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Handsomecole(m): 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
Is it not Abia State?? Home for dead infrastructures. From TA Orji to Ikpeazu every bad Governance was back 2 back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Border Closure: More Rice Mills Spring Up Nationwide / Russia Vs Ukraine: Reno Omokri Blames Buhari For Biden's Weakness / Atiku Condemns Owo Catholic Church Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.