Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Sex And Consent In Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex And Consent In Marriage (4015 Views)

Indian Man To Sue His Parents For Giving Birth To Him Without His Consent / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 15, 2017
bukatyne:

Even if there is blanket consent by the virtue of their vows and definition of marriage, there is still a need to agree before se.x.

To opine that consent be necessary in a state where consensuality has been forgone is to defy the canons of logic. And, no!, "blanket consent" would not be the right terminology to use in describing the nature of marital vows as we have them today. Both parties "specifically" vowed to submit their bodies to each other, and at all times.

If one has taken the vow to be "readily available" to another, why then must one party still need to agree before the other party can excercise his/her conjugal rights?

This is just another proof that marriage is a fraud.

A parent by virtue of having a child has automatically declared responsibility for all the needs of the child. Yet the child has to ask, cajole or accept the rejection of his parents sometimes.

Apples and oranges. While a child cannot choose his/her parents, a man/woman, however, can choose who they intend on living the remainder of their lives with. There's a big difference. A child never vowed to follow the dictates of his/her parents to the letter; married couples on the other hand voluntarily and conscientiously gave up their freewill – as regards sex – at the moment they recited their marital vows.
It's only proper that they follow through with what they got themselves into.
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:09am On Mar 15, 2017
DarkRebel101:

To opine that consent be necessary in a state where consensuality has been forgone is to defy the canons of logic. And, no!, "blanket consent" would not be the right terminology to use in describing the nature of marital vows as we have them today. Both parties "specifically" vowed to submit their bodies to each other, and at all times.

If one has taken the vow to be "readily available" to another, why then must one party still need to agree before the other party can excercise his/her conjugal rights?

This is just another proof that marriage is a fraud.

Apples and oranges. While a child cannot choose his/her parents, a man/woman, however, can choose who they intend on living the remainder of their lives with. There's a big difference. A child never vowed to follow the dictates of his/her parents to the letter; married couples on the other hand voluntarily and conscientiously gave up their freewill – as regards sex with the other party – at the moment they recited their marital vows.
It's only proper that they follow through with what they got themselves into.

Please enlighten me, if a husband wants his wife, what does he do?

@bold: I think that's what you are driving at.
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2017
bukatyne:

Please enlighten me, if a husband wants his wife, what does he do?

You already know the answer. If she says NO, it is within his rights to take it forcefully and it shouldn't be labelled as a criminal offense. Ditto the woman; if a wife so desperately craves for a romp and is stymied by her husband; since, by virtue of him pledging unfettered access of his body and soul to her upon the moment they got married, she is therefore obligated to have her way with him and it shouldn't be considered criminal if she takes him by way of coercion, even though that appears to be one hell of a physical impossibility.

The above might shake your senses a bit, but it's only in keeping true to the vow couples take on the day of their wedding.

I am not unaware that sex in marriage, when it is consensual, does appeal more – it would be disingenous not to acknowledge that fact. What I am saying is it still cannot be said to be rape if it isn't consensual. Rape in marriage is a paradox.

@bold: I think that's what you are driving at.

Yes! It is one of the many things I am driving at!
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Blonchilli(m): 10:27am On Mar 15, 2017
bukatyne:

The idea of seperating is to deny your spouse whatever benefits they enjoy been married to you so they can sit up. It's just like a parent taking all privileges of a child to correct a behaviour.

E.g. a wife doesn't have se.X with her husband (for no justified reason) and the husband has tried several stuffs which did not work.

He can leave the house for a while to the woman to sit up. When she begins to do things her husband traditionally does, she begins to weigh if her behaviour is worth the stress she is undergoing and change.

Again, this will only work if both parties really cherish the marriage else it's good riddance to bad rubbish and they go their seperate ways.

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
pcguru1:

Feminist said we men should take NO as NO and anything further than that is rape, so you can blame us.

My wife deny me sex in marriage? I will travel and cheat on her...get a side chick and don't bother her for one year
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2017
myking95:

My wife deny me sex in marriage? I will travel and cheat on her...get a side chick and don't bother her for one year

Really?

And after one year what happens?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My children will not start school until 4 or 5 years old / Clearance Sales - Smartwatches For Sale / More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.