Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes (31805 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by seunlly(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2017
andreme:
I was enjoying the show before Bubu returned now NEPA don take light. I didn't know that Bubu is now the peacemaker between government appointees and lawmakers.

When will democracy be allowed to run smoothly in Nigeria without intervention from the military? Abi Na Bubu send am d one wey he do sef who knows?

If Na Johnathan now...

Ok

Sai Baba, make una come beat me I dey Aso Villa
see this naughty kid.
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 15, 2017
Adiola:
he must wear .if you are proud of the juicy salary,you must be proud of the uniform.. that upcoming idiot that typed that rubbish must be high so Ali is not a serving custom officer ? oh my God but military

Take note, he's on political appointment, he can wore it if he likes, it's optional to him
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Adiola(f): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2017
melya:

Take note, he's on political appointment, he can wore it if he likes, it's optional to him
if he Is ashamed to wear it then he should be ashamed collecting his salary

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Abbeyme: 9:47am On Mar 15, 2017
For this singular fight of the Senate... I say kudos.

Nigerian motorist and public should not be made to pay for the inefficiency, corruption, and lackadaisical body language of the people of the Customs towards securing the borders and ensuring proper payments were made before vehicles leave the borders.

Haba..
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by yaki84: 9:48am On Mar 15, 2017
DropShot:
Which Senate?
Nigerians are just too gullible!
if any member of ur family has a car, u for support d senate on this.

What makes nigerians gullible here?
How come buhari hasnt slash his numerous allowance uptil now?
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by me69: 9:51am On Mar 15, 2017
iambijo:
Nigerians 1 - 0 Ali the poor people intimidator
mumu you no know anything, Senate is a bunch of ignorant, how can we say to run a country when people can smuggle thing without reckoning, everyone knows that a respectable country would have done what Ali did.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by chukel(m): 9:54am On Mar 15, 2017
Reading most comments, I weep for Nigeria. So gullible with an amazingly fast amnesia. Senator Hope Uzodinma is after nothing but corrupt benefits that he and his cohorts would accrue from NCS. I pity Nigeria. We don't have a long way to go. We just don't have the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by me69: 9:54am On Mar 15, 2017
omowolewa:
108 elected Senators of the Federal Republic is greater than a single man. He should comply.

Nah wah for you oo o. Why not take issues one after the other. Pay cut is different from unnecessary ego flexing attitude of the Customs Boss.

The Senate are they one with ego that is why government agencies have trouble working with them. Ali's policy is the way forward even car dealer association have talked in his favour. MOST NIGERIANS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE POLICY IS ABOUT
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2017
`
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by sorepco(m): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2017
Dont just observe my friend...do or say something.
How can i own a car for 6 yrs and suddenly you wanna seize it cos i dont ve valid customs papers? Who determines the one i ve now is invalid? How did the car enter the border? Does that mean i pay double c7stoms duty at the border n in town? What of if the police ask for my duty paprs do i show dem?? Becos this is an avenue 4 di police to exhort.

Omagago:
Just observing
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Bimpe29: 9:58am On Mar 15, 2017
Let there be synergies among the three tiers of government, that are consistent with principles of good governance.
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by ddippset(m): 9:59am On Mar 15, 2017
I just hate that word Senate. Go to Abuja and see how those guys run the city . I wish I could have someone give them one hot slap each.
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Halo22: 10:04am On Mar 15, 2017
Kudos to the senate at least for having the interests of their constituents at heart. First it was NCC tariff hike and now custom duty issue. Pls let them also look into this electricity bill hike.
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by DropShot: 10:09am On Mar 15, 2017
ehikwe22:
This Senate's been fighting for the masses. They're thieves just like Buhari and complete, but the difference between them and Buhari is that they also have the interest of the masses at heart. Dino and the rest have fought executive rascality and I'm sure you don't like that
OBAGADAFFI:

And what is wrong with the Senate action.

Hope you are not throwing the usual corruption blackmail
The exact gullibility of Nigerians I talk about.

The politicians, especially our senators, already understand how to toy with the brains of Nigerians and make them remain perpetually gullible.

They know it means little or nothing for them to earn N36,000,000 monthly and swim in opulence at the expense of the masses struggling to live; so far they can act as though they're fighting for their interest with small issues as this.

The senators/politicians understand how to keep the masses under their control forever by stealing big and throwing crumbs to their victims for survival.

Pathetically gullible masses!
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by CellTabRepairs: 10:10am On Mar 15, 2017
Imagine disobeying the people on whose strength he serves in the government. Nigerians don't understand the source of power ; neither do they understand the reasons for earning and wielding political power. Who was he when he was not appointed to that position and will he be there after 2 years or at most 6 years? Is he better, stronger or mightier than all other colonels Nigeria has ever produced? Misplaced Arrogance!

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Are U looking for a job? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are U retired, sacked or tired of salary work? U want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? ■Make average10k ($30-$50)or more daily■Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities in people]■Grow in IT knowledge■Be highly sought after [Money looking for U].■Employ others! Just get "Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals" from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc today & LEARN HOW TO EARN thru this bestselling book! Don't waste 1 WHOLE yr waiting for a (THAT) job !

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by horlaydhay(m): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2017
so your problem is certificate, since God-send GEJ why didnt God retain him. Receive sense please and forget about all dis GEJ trash he is a gonner. Even Yaradua that is better than all of them have come and gone and nobody is crying over him again.
luvinhubby:

Stewpid enough to reject a progressive God-sent GEJ for a retrogressive certificateless herdsman Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by ehikwe22: 10:13am On Mar 15, 2017
DropShot:

The politicians, especially our senators, already understand how to toy with the brains of Nigerians and make them remain perpetually gullible.

They know it means little or nothing for them to earn N36,000,000 monthly and swim in opulence at the expense of the masses struggling to live; so far they can act as though they're fighting for their interest with small issues as this.

The senators/politicians understand how to keep the masses under their control forever by stealing big and throwing crumbs to their victims for survival.

Yes, but Buhari and co are worse. Should we start counting many policies that were unfavorable to the masses that this Senate have fought against? Why are your paymasters so much interested in making life difficult for the poor masses?
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Kingjames11(m): 10:17am On Mar 15, 2017
seunlly:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/customs-c-g-senate-face-off-buhari-intervenes/
. why why why ...which way my once loved country Nigeria! you must appear in uniform, over my dead body! ok. lets c. ehh...ok. in this were is the interest of hapless Nigerians walking hopelessly on the street? drama dram dram
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by DisGuy: 10:29am On Mar 15, 2017
hollywater:
In conclusion , buhari have backed another corrupted fellow. After backing Army chief. Why can't this man honour the invitation of the Senate if his hand is clean?

the invitation is not about him being corrupt. there's nothing to suggest that. This is purely about a policy and about him not wearing a uniform. He appeared before the senate previously

and after all the hullabaloo he isn't going to wear one!
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by AnanseK(m): 10:32am On Mar 15, 2017
Did he appear like this? Or like that?

Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by tabisegroup(m): 10:34am On Mar 15, 2017
iambijo:
Nigerians 1 - 0 Ali the poor people intimidator
Under 2.5 (@1.96 odds) grin grin cheesy
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by signz: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2017
DrDeji20:
I thought he is a hot head?. NCS wants to impoverish the Nigerian people with that auto policy. Senate has been the hope of Nigerians in recent times.

For the first time in a very long time, i agree with this.
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by luvinhubby(m): 10:42am On Mar 15, 2017
horlaydhay:
so your problem is certificate, since God-send GEJ why didnt God retain him. Receive sense please and forget about all dis GEJ trash he is a gonner. Even Yaradua that is better than all of them have come and gone and nobody is crying over him again.
I have enough sense and need no extra, my problem is the predicament being inflicted on Nigerians by a dumb goat-herder.
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by OBAGADAFFI: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2017
DropShot:

I knew you will come back with those useless rants.

Just tell us what is wrong with these particular Senate action .

The Last time i checked Both senate and executives are swim in opulence .
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by onos217(m): 11:40am On Mar 15, 2017
Need I remind him that he's no longer in the military. He's a retired military officer .
And I fault the government for this.They gave him a soft landing.No wonder he could decide not to adorn himself with the custom uniform handed to him,and even turn down a summon by the Senate .

And I ask: what reforms is a retired colonel bring to a disarray custom saddle with all forms of absurdities other than his background in the military?
If he has reforms in the kitty,he would not have time as to whether he should adorn himself with the custom uniform or not.

If the man cannot abide by civil rules ,he should take a bow. This is not a military era where you run government office as a your personal enterprise .This is civil era,and you must abide by rules that governs it.
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by Reptyle(m): 11:44am On Mar 15, 2017
This is a good one from the Senate.

Although I still do not understand the whole drama over wearing of uniform or not. That is totally unnecessary in my opinion. Invite the man and let him come and explain the thinking behind the obnoxious policy and get it over with. Even if he is going to appear in a dress!

This uniform drama is ongoing while Nigerians are already been hassled on the streets for customs duty payment. Even the police is now cashing in on the policy by using it to extort money from Nigerians at their numerous illegal checkpoints
Re: Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes by shang002: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2017
Nigerian Senate‏ @NGRSenate now20 seconds ago
More
Based on the constitution the Senate now moves that the CG @CustomsNG appears tomorrow 16th March,2017 by 10am unfailingly. https://twitter.com/NGRSenate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From PDP, Atiku Rally In Ekiti State / Kwankwaso Bails Northerners Arrested In Lagos Mile 12 Crisis (Photos) / 10 Steps To Recall A Senator In Nigeria: Senate President Performs Last Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.