Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,896 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha (409 Views)

Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe / Who Do You Think Would Contest Against Buhari In 2019? / "I Will Never Contest Against Buhari" — Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by uniquechukwuma: 10:04am On Mar 15, 2017
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has vowed never to contest against President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 general elections.

Okorocha was speaking during a breakfast meeting with journalists in the state at his private residence in Owerri on Tuesday.

“I will never run against President Buhari but would continue to support him in the overall interest of the nation, especially when he has stabilized the nation.

“I want to also say that those in Imo who made many political enemies should forget the Douglas House. We need people with free mind. I have killed the clannish nature of the state where people consider where you come from before doing anything for you.

“The politics of sentiment must be discarded and discouraged. It is shame for somebody to hope on zoning to win elections,” he said.

He also insisted that his administration had never borrowed a dime from any bank in the country.

Okorocha stated that his detractors were cooking up the stories, because of the numerous projects he has executed in the State.

He said: “For posterity ,this government is not owing any bank or person any amount except for the bailout fund for which 100 million naira is being deducted from the source monthly. Any subsequent government that comes and says that Rochas borrowed is a criminal one.”

Re: I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by myqel(m): 10:06am On Mar 15, 2017
Okk...next person pls
Re: I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by sweerychick(f): 10:11am On Mar 15, 2017
As if you stand a chance tongue
Re: I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by tchimatic(m): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2017
Kwantinu.
Re: I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 15, 2017
sweerychick:
As if you stand a chance tongue
his jus playing politics
Re: I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 15, 2017
The only thing playing in his head is president of Nigeria of Igbo extraction. I hope Nigeria changes for the better soon so people like him will expire naturally.
Re: I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by ahamonyeka(m): 10:37am On Mar 15, 2017
Na mouth una dey like say e no dey hungry you to go there.
Na 2017 we still dey and una never fulfill the promise wey una promise us naim una don dey talk of 2019 wey una no no weather una go dey till then.
Re: I Will Never Contest Against Buhari In 2019 – Okorocha by MyMouth(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2017
There is going to be a hell of katakata in APC if buhari decides not to contest. Everybody jus dey wait with their knives to hear say he won't contest, then they go start to wond each other

(1) (Reply)

Fg May Lose N57bn As Clearing Agents Threaten To Shut Ports / Elbinawi Tweets On The Corrupt Oligarchy Of Northern Nigeria / PHOTOS: Gov. Obaseki With His Classmates In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.