Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) (53001 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Christian Nigerian Lady Visits Mosque In Abu Dhabi (Photos) / Jesus Christ's Tomb Opened For First Time In 500 Years - See What Is Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by dainformant(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2017
A Nigerian lady identified as Toyosi Akerele-Ogunsiji who is currently on a pilgrimage in Israel has shared her experience (backed up with photos). Read below

I came to see Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my Faith. I also came to learn about the long running Israel Palestine Conflicts and the history of this super interesting region. We'll be here for 8days visiting Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Hebron, Negev, Sderot, Ramallah, Haifa and Jericho.

I've seen the Birthplace of Jesus (The Church of the Nativity) in Bethlehem and his Crucifix and Tomb (The Holy Sepulchre) in Jerusalem. Visited the Aida Refugee Camp and others in the West Bank and will see the Israeli Palestinian Borders. Jesus, Take this Wheel over.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/nigerian-lady-visits-birthplace-and.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by dainformant(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2017
Make hand just touch her from behind @ the last picture.....
I dey imagine the face. Hehehehehe grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Deprince2656(m): 11:41am On Mar 15, 2017
Nice

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by zlantanfan: 11:52am On Mar 15, 2017
This girl does not seem to understand that spiritual trips to the holy land are occasion for self reflection, and spiritual awakening.

To her this is a field trip or school excursion

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
that one no mean say when she come naija now, she go stop runs

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ok, who has visited garden of eden?

The exact spot where Adam was sleeping nude undecided

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Okay u travelled to Israel. We have see u grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by HumanistMike(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jesus never existed. Religion is manmade but God isn't.

Besides, according to the bible, Jesus had a hair of wool and skin of bronze, therefore, he was black and had an Afro of some sort. Then why are Christian publications portraying him as white?

Why is the OP's first pic showing he was white with white parents?

In addition, it wasn't till a couple years ago did scientists model what Jesus would have looked like based on human remains from locations where Jesus would have lived. So, in whose likeness did they make those statues and images in the OP's post?

Religion is for mind control / power and wealth monopoly. Don't be fooled!

For those that are slow, I'm not stating there's no God. I'm only stating man has formed avenues to access God. Religion is one of such avenues.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by paschal47(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
dainformant:
A Nigerian lady identified as Toyosi Akerele-Ogunsiji who is currently on a pilgrimage in Israel has shared her experience (backed up with photos). Read below

I came to see Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my Faith. I also came to learn about the long running Israel Palestine Conflicts and the history of this super interesting region. We'll be here for 8days visiting Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Hebron, Negev, Sderot, Ramallah, Haifa and Jericho.

I've seen the Birthplace of Jesus (The Church of the Nativity) in Bethlehem and his Crucifix and Tomb (The Holy Sepulchre) in Jerusalem. Visited the Aida Refugee Camp and others in the West Bank and will see the Israeli Palestinian Borders. Jesus, Take this Wheel over.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/nigerian-lady-visits-birthplace-and.html
How can this be a pilgrimage to Israel when virtually all the cities there are Palestinian cities? At times the way many Christians behave ehn?

Bethlehem is a Palestinian city with a Muslim majority and Christian minority population. The mayor is a Christian Arab.

Nazareth, though occupied by Israel is an Arab city with Muslims making up the majority.

Hebron also is a Palestinian city.

Jericho is also a Palestinian city.

Really wish Nigerian Christians should open their eyes to see the monster the State of Israel is.

Before any Nigerian Jew shit on my head, check it out before I fall Ya hands.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by superior1: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
There is nothing spiritual about visiting Israel

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Dshocker(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nothing new about it,so its no news and irrelevant
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by samijay8(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
seen. are we good to go. This one is called Oshi
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by amdoyin82(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by VirginFinder: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Despite all these infallible proofs, some people will insist they are atheists.

Quite pathetic sad

24 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by mrmrmister: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
zlantanfan:
sorry to say, this girl is a big fool, just went there to snap

What would you have gone there to do?

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
zlantanfan:

You are stupid

27 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by pennywys(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Biko I need her for a wife
Someone help me connect with her

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Pastafarian: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
When was Jesus born?

According to Matthew, Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (Matthew 2:1 ). According to Luke, Jesus was born during the first census in Israel, while Quirinius was governor of Syria ( Luke 2:2 ). This is impossible because Herod died in March of 4 BC and the census took place in 6 and 7 AD, about 10 years after Herod's death.

Some Christians try to manipulate the text to mean this was the first census while Quirinius was governor and that the first census of Israel recorded by historians took place later. However, the literal meaning is "this was the first census taken, while Quirinius was governor ..." In any event, Quirinius did not become governor of Syria until well after Herod's death.

Where was Jesus Born?

Both Matthew and Luke say that Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Matthew quotes Micah 5:2 to show that this was in fulfillment of prophecy. Actually, Matthew misquotes Micah (compare Micah 5:2 to Matthew 2:6 ). Although this misquote is rather insignificant, Matthew's poor understanding of Hebrew will have great significance later in his gospel.

Luke has Mary and Joseph travelling from their home in Nazareth in Galilee to Bethlehem in Judea for the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:4 ). Matthew, in contradiction to Luke, says that it was only after the birth of Jesus that Mary and Joseph resided in Nazareth, and then only because they were afraid to return to Judea ( Matthew 2:21-23 ).

In order to have Jesus born in Bethlehem, Luke says that everyone had to go to the city of their birth to register for the census. This is absurd, and would have caused a bureaucratic nightmare. The purpose of the Roman census was for taxation, and the Romans were interested in where the people lived and worked, not where they were born (which they could have found out by simply asking rather than causing thousands of people to travel).

JUDAS!

Thirty pieces of silver
According to Matthew 26:15 , the chief priests "weighed out thirty pieces of silver" to give to Judas. There are two things wrong with this:

a. There were no "pieces of silver" used as currency in Jesus' time - they had gone out of circulation about 300 years before.

b. In Jesus' time, minted coins were used - currency was not "weighed out."

By using phrases that made sense in Zechariah's time but not in Jesus' time Matthew once again gives away the fact that he creates events in his gospel to match "prophecies" he finds in the Old Testament.

Who bought the Field of Blood?
a. In Matthew 27:7 the chief priests buy the field.

b. In Acts 1:18 Judas buys the field.

How did Judas die?

a. In Matthew 27:5 Judas hangs himself.
b. In Acts 1:18 he bursts open and his insides spill out.

c. According to the apostle Paul, neither of the above is true. Paul says Jesus appeared to "the twelve" after his resurrection. Mark 14:20 makes it clear that Judas was one of the twelve.
In Matthew 19:28 , Jesus tells the twelve disciples, including Judas, that when Jesus rules from his throne, they will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

How did the Field of Blood get its name?

a. Matthew says because it was purchased with blood money ( Matthew 27:6-8 ).

b. Acts says because of the bloody mess caused by Judas' bursting open (Acts 1:18-19 ).

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by ESDKING: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jesus is Lord

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by SirElaw(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by mrmrmister: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Keneking:

I have grin

I even saw the forbidden fruit grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by spartan117(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
This is among d top ten things I wud do before I leave dis world

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by coalcoal1(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
g
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Mizk(f): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
all for show, it didn't change anything about you
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
IS GUD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by OCTAVO: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Haters everywhere
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Keneking:

Nobody , except me because l am an AngelicBeing grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) by ESDKING: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
zlantanfan:
You wouldn't have believed her if she didn't snap.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Before And After Photos Of 'Mad' Man Who Regained Sanity In Kwara / Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.