Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,372 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source (1747 Views)

Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / The Experience Lagos 2017 "Jesus Our King" (Live Thread) / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source
By J. P. Holding - March 10, 2017

Tacitus was a Roman historian writing early in the 2nd century A.D. His Annals provide us with a single reference to Jesus of considerable value. Rather frustratingly, much of his work has been lost, including a work which covers the years 29-32, where the trial of Jesus would have been had he recorded it [Meie.MarJ, 89].

Here is a full quote of the cite of our concern, from Annals 15.44. Jesus and the Christians are mentioned in an account of how the Emperor Nero went after Christians in order to draw attention away from himself after Rome's fire of 64 AD:

But not all the relief that could come from man, not all the Bounties that the prince could bestow, nor all the atonements Which could be presented to the gods, availed to relieve Nero From the infamy of being believed to have ordered the Conflagration, the fire of Rome. Hence to suppress the rumour, he Falsely charged with the guilt, and punished Christians, who were Hated for their enormities.

CHRISTUS, THE FOUNDER OF THE NAME, WAS PUT TO DEATH BY PONTIUS PILATE, PROCURATOR OF JUDEA IN THE REIGN OF TIBERIUS:

but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time Broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief Originated, but through the city of Rome also, where all things Hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their Centre and become popular.

Accordingly, an arrest was first Made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an Immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of Firing the city, as of hatred against mankind.

A survey of the literature indicates that this citation by Tacitus has not been given enough regard, having often been overshadowed by the citations in Josephus. Respected Christian scholar R. T. France, for example, does not believe that the Tacitus passage provides sufficient independent testimony for the existence of Jesus [Franc.EvJ, 23] and agrees with G. A. Wells that the citation is of little value.

It is unfortunate that France so readily agreed with Wells' assessment. An investigation into the methods and background of Tacitus, as reported by Tacitean scholars (whose works, incidentally, France does not consult), tells us that this is an extremely reliable reference to Jesus and for early Christianity. For more click on the link below:

http://reasonsforjesus.com/roman-historian-tacitus-mentions-jesus-our-best-extra-biblical-source/

1 Share

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by akintom(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2017
Yoruba historian, prof adebayo mentioned obatala: our best secular source.

3 Likes

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Josephus, Tacitus and Pliny the young wrote about Jesus long after he died.
They relied on word of mouth. We all know how unreliable word of mouth accounts are.
Josephus' records have even been called a fraud by some scholars.
There were other historians who lived around the same time as Jesus and they never wrote about him.
There are 5 different tombs claiming to be where Jesus was buried, including one in Japan.
It gets more absurd when you start analyzing the stories.

2 Likes

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Richirich713: 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
grin atheists need to stop with this "Jesus never existed"

1 Like

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
Richirich713:
grin atheists need to stop with this "Jesus never existed"
Prove it beyond every reasonable doubt, you'll win me over.
I was of the opinion that Jesus existed as an atheist, til I started researching on the topic.
If you read about the gospels that didn't make it into the Bible, you'll realize that it's a work of fiction.
In one of the Gospels, Jesus was the commander of a school of dragons.
Can you beat that?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by otemdomino: 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
grin grin
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by otemdomino: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
Jesus Sapien doesn't exist. The one who existed was Faulkin(Zeusus Krista) millions of years ago in the period of the hominids and neanderthals/homo erectus.

That particular one didn't even do as much as Eusebius wrote the fictitious Jesus Sapien to do in the period of the homo sapiens.

Here are the accounts of Zeusus Erectus aka Faulkin in the periods of the Neanderthals. These are written by one of his followers whom he used for false miracles:

DOCTUFOS:
Batimeus
Chapter One
1. To all those who seek the true knowledge of
Yeshu, whom the Greek and the Romans call
Zeusus Krista or Zeusus Bar-Rabas do I write
this, after the time when I sought not to deceive
myself or the people anymore, seeking to be a
homo with integrity.
2. I Batimeus surnamed Thaddeus did write of
the things which I know and witness in the days
when Zeusus Krista, one who was a great
teacher, was alive on earth.
3. In those days, an homo-erectus was seen who
spoke earnestly of the coming of one who is
worthy of being called god. And I, being
fascinated by the speeches of this homo-erectus
approached him, with Iskariot also and many
others.
4. And he said, why do you seek me now, O
generation of scorpions and serpents? For Rhesa
your ancestor rejected the kingdom of god and
founded his own sect which he called Farhesis.
And you followed like sheep without a shepherd.
5. Now I said, we have come for us to be
baptised of you. And he said, what shall I baptise
you with? Though I baptise you with water, for
the outer cleansing of your iniquity, yet it shall
not prevent another homo-god to baptise your
hearts with fire not many days from now.
6. For he who shall come after me is greater
than I if at all there should be any comparison.
And he shall baptise you with fire and the spirit.
7. Now I and Judas were baptised of him whom
we called Jonas, whose voice was loud like that
of an anakim. Now we continued with Jonas,
being his disciples. And he taught us in the way
of the god of Juda. And we did our worship in
the synagogue.
8. Now a day came when we sought for our
master and we did not find him. And we sought
for him seven days. And we did not find him.
9. Then I told Iskariot, saying, I shall depart to
see my parents. For they did send for me. And
so did I leave.
10. Now when I have returned a month after, I
saw one who came to my master to be baptised
of him. And Jonas said to me, where have you
been O Batimeus. For he whom I spoke about
has come.
11. And I bowed my face before him, whom
Jonas called Yeshu. And Yeshu said, O Jonas, I
have need of your disciples, even two of them.
For I need them to lead me the way to the
coast. For I must make disciples also today and
tomorrow.
12. So I and Andru led Yeshu towards the coast
of Salam. And Andru said, my brother Simon is
near that coast, fishing. For we are fishermen.
13. Now it was dark and we have not seen the
face of Yeshu so well. For we took our lamps
with us, following. And when Yeshu was at the
coast, Andru went before him to fetch Simon.
14. And when Simon came, Yeshu knew him,
because Andru had described him before.
15. And Yeshu said, you are Simon. And Simon
was amazed, saying, how did you know my
name? And Yeshu said, do not marvel at that O
Simon. Your name shall be called Petra
henceforth.
16. And Simon and Andru and I followed Yeshu
to his house to lodge.
17. Now I said to them, I shall return to my
master this night. And Andru said, did the master
not speak of Yeshu as the Krish? Why do you
have need to return to the master when even the
master of masters is here with us?
18. And I said, he whom we know is better than
he whom we have not tested. And Yeshu heard
my speech and said, O Batimeus, if you know
whom I am, you shall not have uttered what you
said.
19. And I and Andru marvelled, because we were
not in the same room with Yeshu and we did
speak in whispers. And it was a thing of
amazement how he heard our speech, even when
Petra who was with him did not hear us.
20. So I departed that night and told Jonas the
things which I had observed.

2 Likes

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
otemdomino:
Jesus Sapien doesn't exist. The one who existed was Faulkin(Zeusus Krista) millions of years ago in the period of the hominids and neanderthals/homo erectus.

That particular one didn't even do as much as Eusebius wrote the fictitious Jesus Sapien to do in the period of the homo sapiens.

Here are the accounts of Zeusus Erectus aka Faulkin in the periods of the Neanderthals. These are written by one of his followers whom he used for false miracles:

Puff and pass bro, really grin

3 Likes

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by otemdomino: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Puff and pass bro, really grin
In life, only those who are seeing know what they are seeing. The rest see them as mad. Such is life.

Here is BATIMEUS chapter 1:1-20

DOCTUFOS:
Batimeus
Chapter One
1. To all those who seek the true knowledge of
Yeshu, whom the Greek and the Romans call
Zeusus Krista or Zeusus Bar-Rabas do I write
this, after the time when I sought not to deceive
myself or the people anymore, seeking to be a
homo with integrity.
2. I Batimeus surnamed Thaddeus did write of
the things which I know and witness in the days
when Zeusus Krista, one who was a great
teacher, was alive on earth.
3. In those days, an homo-erectus was seen who
spoke earnestly of the coming of one who is
worthy of being called god. And I, being
fascinated by the speeches of this homo-erectus
approached him, with Iskariot also and many
others.
4. And he said, why do you seek me now, O
generation of scorpions and serpents? For Rhesa
your ancestor rejected the kingdom of god and
founded his own sect which he called Farhesis.
And you followed like sheep without a shepherd.
5. Now I said, we have come for us to be
baptised of you. And he said, what shall I baptise
you with? Though I baptise you with water, for
the outer cleansing of your iniquity, yet it shall
not prevent another homo-god to baptise your
hearts with fire not many days from now.
6. For he who shall come after me is greater
than I if at all there should be any comparison.
And he shall baptise you with fire and the spirit.
7. Now I and Judas were baptised of him whom
we called Jonas, whose voice was loud like that
of an anakim. Now we continued with Jonas,
being his disciples. And he taught us in the way
of the god of Juda. And we did our worship in
the synagogue.
8. Now a day came when we sought for our
master and we did not find him. And we sought
for him seven days. And we did not find him.
9. Then I told Iskariot, saying, I shall depart to
see my parents. For they did send for me. And
so did I leave.
10. Now when I have returned a month after, I
saw one who came to my master to be baptised
of him. And Jonas said to me, where have you
been O Batimeus. For he whom I spoke about
has come.
11. And I bowed my face before him, whom
Jonas called Yeshu. And Yeshu said, O Jonas, I
have need of your disciples, even two of them.
For I need them to lead me the way to the
coast. For I must make disciples also today and
tomorrow.
12. So I and Andru led Yeshu towards the coast
of Salam. And Andru said, my brother Simon is
near that coast, fishing. For we are fishermen.
13. Now it was dark and we have not seen the
face of Yeshu so well. For we took our lamps
with us, following. And when Yeshu was at the
coast, Andru went before him to fetch Simon.
14. And when Simon came, Yeshu knew him,
because Andru had described him before.
15. And Yeshu said, you are Simon. And Simon
was amazed, saying, how did you know my
name? And Yeshu said, do not marvel at that O
Simon. Your name shall be called Petra
henceforth.
16. And Simon and Andru and I followed Yeshu
to his house to lodge.
17. Now I said to them, I shall return to my
master this night. And Andru said, did the master
not speak of Yeshu as the Krish? Why do you
have need to return to the master when even the
master of masters is here with us?
18. And I said, he whom we know is better than
he whom we have not tested. And Yeshu heard
my speech and said, O Batimeus, if you know
whom I am, you shall not have uttered what you
said.
19. And I and Andru marvelled, because we were
not in the same room with Yeshu and we did
speak in whispers. And it was a thing of
amazement how he heard our speech, even when
Petra who was with him did not hear us.
20. So I departed that night and told Jonas the
things which I had observed.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Richirich713: 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Prove it beyond every reasonable doubt, you'll win me over. I was of the opinion that Jesus existed as an atheist, til I started researching on the topic.

Don't need to, his existence is historically certain, hell even his crucifixion is historically certain. So I'm not sure how much research u have done.

CatfishBilly:

If you read about the gospels that didn't make it into the Bible, you'll realize that it's a work of fiction.

Those gospels didn't make it cuz they were written too late.

CatfishBilly:
In one of the Gospels, Jesus was the commander of a school of dragons.
Can you beat that?

Why would I want to beat that when I don't see any reason to believe its true.

1 Like

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Richirich713:

Don't need to, his existence is historically certain, hell even his crucifixion is historically certain. So I'm not sure how much research u have done.
His existence is not historically certain.
CNN did a program this month to prove his existence, it still didn't completely convince.
His crucifixion was accepted based on the fact that Christians won't invent an embarrassing death for their God. Read up on the criteria of embarrassment.

Those gospels didn't make it cuz they were written too late.

Why would I want to beat that when I don't see any reason to believe its true.
Read the gospel of Pseudo Matthew Chapter 18 for the dragon story.

1 Like

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by bolkay47(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
CatfishBilly:

CNN did a program this month to prove his existence, it still didn't completely convince.
His crucifixion was accepted based on the fact that Christians won't invent an embarrassing death for their God. Read up on the criteria of embarrassment.

Im sorry but i failed to catch what you are really driving at.
What proof do you have to sustain your argument?
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
bolkay47:
Im sorry but i failed to catch what you are really driving at.
What proof do you have to sustain your argument?
Visit the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/3710302/some-biblical-myths...

When done, ensure to read the books attached
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Richirich713: 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
CatfishBilly:

There will always be people who won't be convinced. Mostly becuz they don't want to be convinced.

CatfishBilly:

And becuz other ancient sources mention his death by crucifixion.

CatfishBilly:

Guy, I don't believe in that gospel.

1 Like

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by bolkay47(m): 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
adepeter26:

Visit the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/3710302/some-biblical-myths...

When done, ensure to read the books attached
Following are according to Tim O'Neill.
"There are no contemporary accounts or mentions of Jesus. There should be, so clearly no Jesus existed."
This seems a good argument to many, since modern people tend to leave behind them a lot of evidence they existed (birth certificates, financial documents, school records, etc.) and prominent modern people have their lives documented by the media almost daily. So it sounds suspicious to people that there are no contemporary records at all detailing or even mentioning Jesus.
But our sources for anyone in the ancient world are scarce and rarely are they contemporaneous—they are usually written decades or even centuries after the fact. Worse still, the more obscure and humble in origin the person is, the less likely that there will be any documentation about them or even a fleeting reference to them at all.
For example, few people in the ancient world were as prominent, influential, significant and famous as the Carthaginian general Hannibal. He came close to crushing the Roman Republic, was one of the greatest generals of all time and was famed throughout the ancient world for centuries after his death down to today. Yet how many contemporary mentions of Hannibal do we have? Zero. We have none. So if someone as famous and significant as Hannibal has no surviving contemporary references to him in our sources, does it really make sense to base an argument about the existence or non-existence of a Galilean peasant preacher on the lack of contemporary references to him? Clearly it does not.
So while this seems like a good argument, a better knowledge of the ancient world and the nature of our evidence and sources shows that it's actually extremely weak.
NB: I posted the above stance because of your words in the link you provided. "Jesus didn't exist at all because there is no record and it is very unusual for Romans not to keep a record of something that almost destroyed their empire; they recorded national embarrassments like Nordic invasion, Hannibal and even Spartacus. Just like Moses, the tales of Jesus were made out of nowhere."
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
bolkay47:
Following are according to Tim O'Neill.
"There are no contemporary accounts or mentions of Jesus. There should be, so clearly no Jesus existed."
This seems a good argument to many, since modern people tend to leave behind them a lot of evidence they existed (birth certificates, financial documents, school records, etc.) and prominent modern people have their lives documented by the media almost daily. So it sounds suspicious to people that there are no contemporary records at all detailing or even mentioning Jesus.
But our sources for anyone in the ancient world are scarce and rarely are they contemporaneous—they are usually written decades or even centuries after the fact. Worse still, the more obscure and humble in origin the person is, the less likely that there will be any documentation about them or even a fleeting reference to them at all.
For example, few people in the ancient world were as prominent, influential, significant and famous as the Carthaginian general Hannibal. He came close to crushing the Roman Republic, was one of the greatest generals of all time and was famed throughout the ancient world for centuries after his death down to today. Yet how many contemporary mentions of Hannibal do we have? Zero. We have none. So if someone as famous and significant as Hannibal has no surviving contemporary references to him in our sources, does it really make sense to base an argument about the existence or non-existence of a Galilean peasant preacher on the lack of contemporary references to him? Clearly it does not.
So while this seems like a good argument, a better knowledge of the ancient world and the nature of our evidence and sources shows that it's actually extremely weak.
NB: I posted the above stance because of your words in the link you provided. "Jesus didn't exist at all because there is no record and it is very unusual for Romans not to keep a record of something that almost destroyed their empire; they recorded national embarrassments like Nordic invasion, Hannibal and even Spartacus. Just like Moses, the tales of Jesus were made out of nowhere."
No contemporary accounts of Hannibal?
I refuse to believe so.
There were artifacts to prove he existed, coins and the likes which have been dated.
His existence was never in doubt.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
Richirich713:

There will always be people who won't be convinced. Mostly becuz they don't want to be convinced.

And becuz other ancient sources mention his death by crucifixion.
Which other sources apart from Tacitus, Pliny and Josephus?
The Romans kept very good records, he lived in the AD dispensation, they should have captured him if he was as influential as he was painted in the bible.
There was no record of the earthquake that supposedly happened after Jesus died.

Guy, I don't believe in that gospel.
Shey you know say na humans like me and you sat down over drinks and decided which books should be in the Bible and shouldn't?
It was purely their personal opinion and their discretion.

1 Like

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Richirich713: 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Which other sources apart from Tacitus, Pliny and Josephus?

Any source which mentions his death, Talmud and the other gospels etc. All only speak of a crucifixion.

CatfishBilly:
The Romans kept very good records, he lived in the AD dispensation, they should have captured him if he was as influential as he was painted in the bible.

What Roman records? Atheist historian Bart Ehrman says those records don't exist. So what are u talking about?

CatfishBilly:
There was no record of the earthquake that supposedly happened after Jesus died.

Don't see how the earthquake is relevant to his existence. Why should we have records that a earthquake occurred before we can conclude he existed, hell I can disprove the existence of any ancient figure like that.

CatfishBilly:
Shey you know say na humans like me and you sat down over drinks and decided which books should be in the Bible and shouldn't?
It was purely their personal opinion and their discretion.

Evens if that was the case (nd it isn't) it wouldn't really bother me as long as those people can give me good reasons to why certain books should be in while others shouldn't.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
otemdomino:

Bros abeg e don do
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by hopefulLandlord: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
I’m partway thru Richard Carrier’s ‘On the Historicity of Jesus’. As a layman, I find it a fascinating peek inside of how a historian does history. I’m also finding out that much of what most of us think we know about Christianity differs from what is known by biblical scholars and historians. Here are some samples (page numbers are for the paperback edition).

Most of the old testament is fiction or forgery (pp. 215). Moses, Abraham, Joseph, and Elijah are most likely mythical characters (pp. 220). A significant number of new testament Epistles are forgeries or have uncertain dates and reliability (pp. 260-264). None of the four Canonical Gospels were written by any known person, let alone the person they are named after (pp. 264). There is no eyewitness record that Jesus, as compared to Socrates for example, ever existed (pp. 280). There was a talmud-observant sect of Christians east of the Roman Empire, most likely founded by Peter, James or John, whose gospel taught that Jesus Christ, Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, etc. lived and died a hundred years earlier than claimed by the Canonical Gospels (pp. 281-289). There is nothing in Roman and Jewish histories of the time about an empty tomb; grave robbing was a capital offense in both communities and a missing body would have instigated investigation that would have left historical footprints (pp. 368-371). Further, there was much editing of the bible and wholesale destruction of related documents by the Christian sect whose beliefs eventually won out.

I look forward to finding more.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Richirich713:

Any source which mentions his death, Talmud and the other gospels etc. All only speak of a crucifixion.

What Roman records? Atheist historian Bart Ehrman says those records don't exist. So what are u talking about?
No records?
How did we get to know about Julius Ceaser and Augustus Ceaser?

Don't see how the earthquake is relevant to his existence. Why should we have records that a earthquake occurred before we can conclude he existed, hell I can disprove the existence of any ancient figure like that.
The earthquake is part and parcel of the crucifixion story, the Romans recorded earthquakes, Pliny the young wrote about the eruption of Mount Vesuvius and you think he wouldn't write about an earthquake?

Evens if that was the case (nd it isn't) it wouldn't really bother me as long as those people can give me good reasons to why certain books should be in while others shouldn't.
How was the Bible compiled then?
And what were their good reasons for excluding some books?

2 Likes

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Arsewipemod: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
otemdomino:

Otelemuye can you please stop this crap already? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by CatfishBilly: 8:51am On Apr 01, 2017
Richirich713
Let's continue naa.
I've read up on the Talmund. It's an ever evolving book with things being added and removed.
The Talmund first mentioned Jesus long after he died putting it's veracity in question. Even at that, it didn't paint Jesus in a positive light.
One of the write up says that he would be sent to hell where he will burn with faeces for 12 months with no rest on the sabbath day.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Richirich713: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Richirich713
Let's continue naa.
I've read up on the Talmund. It's an ever evolving book with things being added and removed.
The Talmund first mentioned Jesus long after he died putting it's veracity in question. Even at that, it didn't paint Jesus in a positive light.
One of the write up says that he would be sent to hell where he will burn with faeces for 12 months with no rest on the sabbath day.

I don't have time for debates at the moment, we also disagree over simplistic things like what is relevant to Jesus existence.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by NPComplete: 10:00am On Apr 01, 2017
Like play like play, this Otemdomino guy would have invented a religion o with complete scriptures to back it up even. And in a thousand years time, some gullible people will start claiming all that is written there in is truth and infallible.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by otemdomino: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2017
Arsewipemod:

Otelemuye can you please stop this crap already? Thanks.
Me? Crap? impossible. I don't bring up crap.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by otemdomino: 11:07am On Apr 01, 2017
NPComplete:
Like play like play, this Otemdomino guy would have invented a religion o with complete scriptures to back it up even. And in a thousand years time, some gullible people will start claiming all that is written there in is truth and infallible.
This is a mixed up. The DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH isn't a religion. It is the reality of life which makes us know that GOD THE UNIVERSE isn't into religion but science whereas Yahweh, Moloch, Allah and many of his other children are/were the ones into religion.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by otemdomino: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2017
lordnicklaus:

Bros abeg e don do
Can you shut up the mouth of truth? This is impossible.
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by Arsewipemod: 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
otemdomino:
Me? Crap? impossible. I don't bring up crap.
Oh yeah you do. OK tell me where you dig up those texts you try so hard to convince people that they are revelations given to you from?
Re: Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source by otemdomino: 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
Arsewipemod:

Oh yeah you do. OK tell me where you dig up those texts you try so hard to convince people that they are revelations given to you from?
I see revelations shown to me by ATUM, the god of CIVILIZATION. Those who actually settled down to read them have seen the reason to believe that my testimony is true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Counter Thread To Misconceptions About Allah: Is Allah God? / The Romans Invented Jesus: There Is No Historical Jesus / Download Ibloggospel 2018 Nigerian Worship Mixtape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.