Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President (35483 Views)

Ndume: If You Criticize Buhari In Wuse Market, You Will Not Come Out Alive / Atiku Supported Saraki To Be Senate President, Says Dogara / EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by jardprinz: 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
Magu will neva be efcc chairman no matter how many times the dautra dull shocked cheesy[center][/center]ard presents him[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by jardprinz: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
Magu will neva be efcc chairman no matter how many times the dautra dull shocked :Dard presents him[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by freeze001(f): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
Chemstar:

Just as there was no accusation against Magu before he became Acting Chairman of EFCC.
Moreso crime is not time-bound in law

Yes, and that is when Mr President should have sent his name to the Senate for his screening and confirmation, when he wouldn't have stepped on any toes. Whether you like it or not, a person under any kind of heat will protect himself all he can and that includes Mr Pesident, Magu, all Senators and the regular person on the streets. Even a thief caught in the act must try to run or exonerate himself so why allow the thief-catcher be exposed and become vulnerable by failing to act in good time? The fact though is that Magu is dirty as well and accepted favours from a person already under investigation by the EFCC and subsequently granted him some favours. That raises questions on his character.

1 Like

Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by jardprinz: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
Zombies are not happy with[ ;Dcolor=#990000][/color] this
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by ahonye15: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Virtually everybody in the senate is a criminals, thiefs. What pains me most is allowed saraki (criminal) to Rule the House and nigeria uptill now. Pls can't nigeria do without senate House, they are the problem of this County. Boko haram are out there wasting their bullets and bombs killing innocent People instead of them to face these useless National Assembly. God hear Your Children, the pheroa of this County are tomenting Your Children pls Sir Baba God.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Charly68: 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
This is a senate of corruption
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by freeze001(f): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
grovec:
Mr magu has presidential backing ... that alone should compelled senators to confirm him .

the president appoint while the senator confirm.

The power of the president is conditional and subject to the confirmation of the Senate. The Executive is not more powerful than the Legislature, they are both arms of government. If u understand what it means for a thing to be subject to another then you will understand that the presidential appointment is dependent on the confirmation by the Senate and that is not a call to rubber-stamp all that the President brings.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
amiablesystems:
Then me, Ndume should not be a senator but should be in Prison along with Tinubu, Fashola, the borehole money thief !!!
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by cobsol(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
NOTE NOTE NOTE!!!

Business Partnership

I started an advertisement hub 23rd of Mach last year, the hub is to promote local business for as low as N 5,000 a month.
I need to make the hub popular so I integrated :
1. an online customer certificatory and complain feed system
2. opinion pull system
3. I also made a section where people can upload information just like nairaland
4. I created and award system which will run its first customer award from the years November
5. And many other attractive features the advertisement hub brings

JOURNEY SO FAR
- I registered www.nigeriaconsumers.org
- I started off in port Harcourt with an office and 3 staffs
- I also bought a seana bus for our maketing
- We started publishing quality articles and business news on the site to drag natural traffic

GROWTH
www.nigeriaconsumers.org is now gathering mass traffic even beyond my expectation and we are getting quality responds on our opinon pull section.

BUSINESS
- We will kickoff with actual plans to sale advertisement space for local and foreign businesses for as low as N5,000 for a start.

- We will launch the consumers award system which is promising to be massive

- We will involve in all other advertisement business which includes but not limited to:
(1) search engine optimization
(2) mobile advertisement
(3) online marketing for clients
(4) media services
(5) creative development
(6) digital strategy
(7) customer insight
(cool pay-per-click advertisement.

WHO ARE MY LOOKING FOR
- A partner based in lagos and or abuja
- A partner with passion for growing business
- A partner with creativity
- A partner with financial strong base and ready to invest into this multi million making business

Contact me: for full business and profit analysis ( please only contact if you want to invest)
07036248614 info@nigeriaconsumers.org
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by chinedu234(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ndume, you are so on point. At least those senators under investigation should not have been part of the screening. My advice to the president is to renominate Magu if he trusts him to do the job. After all the NJC resubmitted Onnoghen's name when it was apparent that Mr president was not interested in forwarding his name for confirmation. Let him continue to act pending the next screening by the same senate. This is democracy in action. And it is beautiful.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by truthstands11: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
Because you have been removed as Senate majority leader. You want the senate to say yes to everything from the executive. Saraki was only persecuted for not being the anointed candidate. Why are they not pushing the case in CCB again because they have heard he's a strong candidate in the new forthcoming ally for the new party. If he breaks off with North central as Tinubu is breaking off South west, they'll be left with north east and north west only. We know the truth. 2019 will be very interesting. We can't wait. He who asks others to accept outcome of election eg in Gambia should be able to do in 2019. Thats the living truth.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by dignity33: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
How can EFCC chairman don't know how much he recovered since he took over, with that alone he is not qualify to head that office case close.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by mystmoze(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
de tin still de pain ndume
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by tonio2wo: 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
saraki was elected, magu was appointed! ndume, you are a fool!!
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Misty0071: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Gbam! He who seek equity must come with clean hands.
Udume has said it all.
End of discussion
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Hafeezson(m): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
This no be even beta talk, na true talk.. sha cool
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Jesusloveyou: 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
Thisis2raw:
Magu himself is corrupt..

Why use a corrupt man to chase after corrupt people?
that is how you miss the point.
If magu were corrupt? He would have bribe his way through,he would have agree to drop their case, especially the governor's paris club free cash case, which is the main reason he is being rejected.
Ipods sef wil not think first before reasoning like an animal.

1 Like

Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Bimpe29: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
Both Senators and Magu's hands are soiled in corrupt practices.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by bejeria101(m): 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
See boko tout dey talk. Your own dey come,sango and amadioha wont be able to help.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by bejeria101(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
See boko tout dey talk. Your own dey come,you for put your fada there nah. sango and amadioha wont be able to help.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by freeze001(f): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
chinedu234:
Ndume, you are so on point. At least those senators under investigation should not have been part of the screening. My advice to the president is to renominate Magu if he trusts him to do the job. After all the NJC resubmitted Onnoghen's name when it was apparent that Mr president was not interested in forwarding his name for confirmation. Let him continue to act pending the next screening by the same senate. This is democracy in action. And it is beautiful.

The Constitution provides for the procedure of appointing the CJN..both scenarios are not at par. Besides the CJN could not have continued in acting capacity if the Senate had rejected his nomination and refused to confirm him.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Jesusloveyou: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
freeze001:

The power of the president is conditional and subject to the confirmation of the Senate. The Executive is not more powerful than the Legislature, they are both arms of government. If u understand what it means for a thing to be subject to another then you will understand that the presidential appointment is dependent on the confirmation by the Senate and that is not a call to rubber-stamp all that the President brings.
if the executive is not more powerful than the legislators. A simple funny answer is that, why is the president called the 1st citizen or the 1st family.

1 Like

Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by freeze001(f): 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
if the executive is not more powerful than the legislators. A simple funny answer is that, why is the president called the 1st citizen or the 1st family.

That is because the President is the face of the country as a single individual. He is the No.1 citizen to the entire world. In a democratic setting however, he is not allowed to exercise every power without the controls and checks of the NASS, that is why certain appointments are subject to the confirmation of the Senate.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by alen4smith(m): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2017
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/ndume-magu-rejected-saraki-not-senate-president

what do you expect?remember they all have a common enemy in magu
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by GoodMuyis(m): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2017
Thisis2raw:
Magu himself is corrupt..
Why use a corrupt man to chase after corrupt people?
the thief knew the footpath of other thief
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Agbalanze(m): 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
I support ndume on this one!
If they can not confirm magu based on DSS report, Saraki should not be there also as the Senate president based on his CCT trials.
And buhari should also head straight to daura for not having the minimum academic requirement to contest as a president.

I concur!!
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Aseneshii: 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
The president is the cause of this drama. You appoint a man to a very sensitive position as EFCC , and you refuse to send his name to Senate for confirmation, you allowed him to make a lots of enemies and then send him to the people he is prosecuting for confirmation. Let truth be told , with the amount of investigation going on among most senate member, even if am a member of senate I will not confirm Magu.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by omolami: 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
DSS must as a matter of urgency conclude its report on the alledged sponsoring of gboko haram by Ndume. DSS must forward the investigation report to the senate for further action. Ndume is not clean afterall.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by guychidile: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
vanity upon vanity ,all is vanity..,I stand with Nigerian senators.
Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by Ijaya123: 5:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
TippyTop:
If Saraki be rejected same goes for Lieutenant General Olodo Buhari.

I mean considering his illiteracy and the missing $2.8bil he was unable to account for years ago, he should be in Daura with his Cows.

Lots of meaningless and senseless comments have now permeated nairaland political section. Makes you wonder if some people did went to school at all. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President by dallyemmy: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
I HOPE DSS WILL GIVE ILLEGIBILITY REPORT OF THE NIGERIAN SENATORS TOO. HOW MANY OF THE SENATOR WILL SCALE THROUGH? THIS SHOULD BE AN INEC REQUIREMENT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Man Builds A Tricycle From Scratch, Atiku Reacts (Pictures) / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Audio Of Him Planning To Rig 2023 election / Wike To Jonathan: APC Will Destroy You, Remain In PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.