Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo (38213 Views)

El-rufai Warns Islamic Movement Against Procession In Kaduna / El-rufia 30 Page Memo Sold For 2000 Naira In Abuja Traffic / Ile Ife Crisis: El-Rufai Warns Those Calling For Revenge In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by omojeesu(m): 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Poli-tricks!
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by pricipal2003(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
This liliputian should just sharrap dia. If u must know, the both of u are completely clueless abt governance and also grossly incompetent to be in those positions.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Caseless: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
TippyTop:
Mr Snake
Buhari's popularity is waning and everyone wants to jump ship.
popularity waning , how? All the votes buhari got from the south is not more than 3million . In fact he got just 100k from the east, so what are you saying?

If you think You know the candidate that can defeat buhari, just let me know. Buhari is more popular than ever.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Twy: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2017
Buhari needs to listen to different views instead of Mamman Daura's own. Kyari is not special even worse could be corrupt. The guy made his career under Daura at Africa International Bank also known as BCCI, Nigeria which is not something to be proud of. Daura may be smarter than Buhari, setting himself up to have access and a say in what goes on.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by datola: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2017
ehie:
if he wrote the letter in 2016, why was it made known in 2017 after they must have kissed and made up, maybe being the turncoat he is, he is leaking the letter out forming man of the people, i would advice El Ruafai to deal with his Fula brothers and not play political soap operas as he is wont to do

I like the way you write.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by bizzibodi(m): 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
el rufai that cnnt govern a state like KD.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by harbibi: 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2017
Nne5:
grin

Nobody's allowed to give a certain someone wailers form.
Text 6270525 to 791 on AIRTEL NETWORK to AKPOS JOKES, entertain ur callers nd ease someone' s stress by sharing.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
hmmmmmmmmm, 30pages? bubu no fit read such abeg, and "the good for bad examples only" cabal wey fit read am no go reveal the details to him.
nice one el-rufai.
modified
abeg, elp me, is memo not meant to be brief? which kind memo dey reach 30pages

Something wey him for draw for cartoon.
30 pages? Who wan read am undecided undecided
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
Where is El-rufia? For some days now I av been hearing Bala Bantex Deputy Governor of Kaduna State pls who knows his whereabout
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Krisddon: 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Buhari is no more popular he is now infamous for incompetence and poor vision
Chai! Well said.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Olumaeme: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
I will rather go play with sand than take El rufai seriously...
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by seifini(m): 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
I B chilling and waiting on El-rufai's response like...
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by ayindejimmy(m): 11:25pm On Mar 16, 2017
yudee233:
I don't believe this because ElRufai is not permitted to be wailer
This is not the letter of a wailer.
It's the one you love you caution the most.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Splashme: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This must be the letter that sent clueless Buhari on Medical vacation
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by eph123(f): 10:26am On Mar 17, 2017
Caseless:
popularity waning , how? All the votes buhari got from the south is not more than 3million . In fact he got just 100k from the east, so what are you saying?

If you think You know the candidate that can defeat buhari, just let me know. Buhari is more popular than ever.

Had to laugh hard at this line.

But you are right, he is certainly more popular than ever. You know it is possible to be popular for completely wrong reasons. So yes, I agree with you, he is certainly more popular now than ever for the untold economic hardship he's plunged this country into.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Caseless: 10:33am On Mar 17, 2017
eph123:

Had to laugh hard at this line.

But you are right, he is certainly more popular than ever. You know it is possible to be popular for completely wrong reasons. So yes, I agree with you, he is certainly more popular now than ever for the untold economic hardship he's plunged this country into.
nah! Far from that. He's popular for so many good things.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by eph123(f): 10:35am On Mar 17, 2017
Caseless:
nah! Far from that. He's popular for so many good things.

Which good things is he popular for? I am curious to know.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Caseless: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2017
eph123:

Which good things is he popular for? I am curious to know.
too many things. Don't pretend as if you don't know. I can't start listing them cos the list is endless.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by eph123(f): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2017
Caseless:
too many things. Don't pretend as if you don't know. I can't start listing them cos the list is endless.

You don't need to mention all, just 2 or 3 will do.

If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you, and I am not pretending here, completely serious.
At least if I know, when next I see a similar thread, I won't ask. Fair?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
This intervention is just self serving and self righteous. Let El Rufai look at his own administration of Kaduna state and tell us if it is not a model of what Buhari is doing at the federal level. Is he prepared to change himself? Is he just waking up to the gaps in Buhari's style after nearly two years. So it is just about the politics of 2019 and how he factors into the dynamics. May the MOST HIGH forbid that El Rufai becomes the president of Nigeria. May the MOST HIGH forbid too that Buhari wins a second term. Yes a northerner can rule Nigeria but let it be a moderate one who appreciate our nations diversity and ready to make bespoke policies that take this diversity into account. El Rufai will ditch out a deal worse than Buhari gave Nigeria if he becomes president. Nothing tells this more than the mindless manner he has operated as governor in Kaduna state. Buhari can change his style midway for political expediency but it will not change the perception of anybody as regards 2019 politics. Those at the receiving end of Buhari's divisive style today will still get a raw deal from an El Rufai presidency. Nigeria should be looking forward to progress and unity. People like El Rufai and Buhari cannot give it. I hope we can avoid them this time.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Caseless: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2017
eph123:

You don't need to mention all, just 2 or 3 will do.

If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you, and I am not pretending here, completely serious.
At least if I know, when next I see a similar thread, I won't ask. Fair?
They don’t want us to talk about the 14 solar power projects that have been licensed to boost electricity supply in the country; the Mambila power project which will soon leave the drawing board and the many Chinese projects including the standard gauge railway.

“This country has more important things to talk about instead of dwelling on trivia.”

Shehu said the price of a bag of fertiliser had reduced from between N9,000 and N10,000 to N5,500.

He said only 58,000 tonnes of rice were imported in 2016 against 1.2 million tonnes of rice imported from Thailand in 2014.

“As a result of the country’s growing rice production, assisted by the decision of the government to deny foreign exchange through the Central Bank for the importation of rice, parboiled rice mills in some Asian countries are shutting down production because Nigeria, one of the world’s largest importers, is not buying.

“Five of such mills in Thailand servicing Nigeria have stopped production due to the withdrawal of our patronage.

“Currently, government is watching with keen interest the growing investment in rice milling by the private sector and will continue to give encouragement through the Ministry of Agriculture to such efforts by BUA Industries in Jigawa, Dangote in Kano, OLAM and WACOTT in Nasarawa and Kebbi and what a consortium of businessmen led by a former governor in Anambra State are doing.

“The increase in the volume of rice production and processing is already saving this country a lot of money,” he added.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by orisa37: 9:17am On Mar 20, 2017
He's jealous of PYO and plotting fast against him.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by eph123(f): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2017
Caseless:
They don’t want us to talk about the 14 solar power projects that have been licensed to boost electricity supply in the country; the Mambila power project which will soon leave the drawing board and the many Chinese projects including the standard gauge railway.

“This country has more important things to talk about instead of dwelling on trivia.”

Shehu said the price of a bag of fertiliser had reduced from between N9,000 and N10,000 to N5,500.

He said only 58,000 tonnes of rice were imported in 2016 against 1.2 million tonnes of rice imported from Thailand in 2014.

“As a result of the country’s growing rice production, assisted by the decision of the government to deny foreign exchange through the Central Bank for the importation of rice, parboiled rice mills in some Asian countries are shutting down production because Nigeria, one of the world’s largest importers, is not buying.

“Five of such mills in Thailand servicing Nigeria have stopped production due to the withdrawal of our patronage.

“Currently, government is watching with keen interest the growing investment in rice milling by the private sector and will continue to give encouragement through the Ministry of Agriculture to such efforts by BUA Industries in Jigawa, Dangote in Kano, OLAM and WACOTT in Nasarawa and Kebbi and what a consortium of businessmen led by a former governor in Anambra State are doing.

The increase in the volume of rice production and processing is already saving this country a lot of money,” he added.

Thanks for getting back. Note, this is one example you have mentioned - and you earlier stated they are many, so I will be expecting the rest.

Now back to this one, this post above states that due to increase in local rice production, 5 mills in Thailand have already stopped production (this has to be verified by a Thailand source mind you because I will not take the words of any Nigerian govt aide, as they do not live in Thailand and can claim anything) - my question is this, the price of rice has doubled in the last 2 years since this administration took over, so how come the "increased production" is not leading to a reduced cost? How can Nigerians be happy if they are paying a far higher price for a staple product consumed in most homes? Until Nigerians can buy rice at a competitive / affordable price, I am sorry but I would not count this as an achievement.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Caseless: 7:57am On Mar 23, 2017
eph123:

Thanks for getting back. Note, this is one example you have mentioned - and you earlier stated they are many, so I will be expecting the rest.

Now back to this one, this post above states that due to increase in local rice production, 5 mills in Thailand have already stopped production (this has to be verified by a Thailand source mind you because I will not take the words of any Nigerian govt aide, as they do not live in Thailand and can claim anything) - my question is this, the price of rice has doubled in the last 2 years since this administration took over, so how come the "increased production" is not leading to a reduced cost? How can Nigerians be happy if they are paying a far higher price for a staple product consumed in most homes? Until Nigerians can buy rice at a competitive / affordable price, I am sorry but I would not count this as an achievement.

everything mentioned here are verifiable.
On many federal roads , rehabilitation or constructions have been flagged off.

The power is a bit stable .

A tremendous success has been recorded in terms of security(though we still have pockets of attacks here and there which is normal).

TSA: you know how much this has saved us.
Most loopholes , if not all, are plugged. Ghost workers are not having a field day anymore and the issue of civil servants earning multiple salaries are over.

The legislators are not getting Ghana must go from the executive like it's the tradition in the past.

The runway in Abuja is under construction and we all thought it could not be possible.

We are gradually easing out of recession and the naira is gaining strength week in , week out.

There's an improved peace or relative peace in the ND and our oil output has increased.

Fraud on subsidy has been nipped in the bud .

Custom revenue generation hit the ceiling under this administration.

For the first time , non-oil revenue grew and even outweigh the oil revenue last year.

The tax net is being expanded.

The war against corruption is on course . Prosecutions are being secured . Corrupt officials ent to kuje(this can only happen under buhari).

Judges are being exposed for their shady dealing and those not caught are made to sit up.

The list is endless.

Sorry for my belated reply.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by eph123(f): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Caseless:
everything mentioned here are verifiable.
On many federal roads , rehabilitation or constructions have been flagged off.

The power is a bit stable .

A tremendous success has been recorded in terms of security(though we still have pockets of attacks here and there which is normal).

TSA: you know how much this has saved us.
Most loopholes , if not all, are plugged. Ghost workers are not having a field day anymore and the issue of civil servants earning multiple salaries are over.

The legislators are not getting Ghana must go from the executive like it's the tradition in the past.

The runway in Abuja is under construction and we all thought it could not be possible.

We are gradually easing out of recession and the naira is gaining strength week in , week out.

There's an improved peace or relative peace in the ND and our oil output has increased.

Fraud on subsidy has been nipped in the bud .

Custom revenue generation hit the ceiling under this administration.

For the first time , non-oil revenue grew and even outweigh the oil revenue last year.

The tax net is being expanded.

The war against corruption is on course . Prosecutions are being secured . Corrupt officials ent to kuje(this can only happen under buhari).

Judges are being exposed for their shady dealing and those not caught are made to sit up.

The list is endless.

Sorry for my belated reply.

Caseless, if you claim the list is endless and you have listed all these things above, WHY has Nigerians' sufferings tripled since this administration took over?

The aim of good governance is for the benefit of the masses. As long as inflation is still in the double digits, companies are folding up, still no constant electricity, forex still double what it used to be barely 2 years ago. AS LONG as these things remain, the verdict remains that this government has failed.

An achieving government does not need lists to speak for it, no, the people will speak for it.

No worries about the belated reply, take your time.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Caseless: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
eph123:

Caseless, if you claim the list is endless and you have listed all these things above, WHY has Nigerians' sufferings tripled since this administration took over?

The aim of good governance is for the benefit of the masses. As long as inflation is still in the double digits, companies are folding up, still no constant electricity, forex still double what it used to be barely 2 years ago. AS LONG as these things remain, the verdict remains that this government has failed.

An achieving government does not need lists to speak for it, no, the people will speak for it.

No worries about the belated reply, take your time.
the question should be , are they doing anything to save the situation? Yes, they're !

I hope you're not saying if Jonathan was here would have been better. Everything you see happening now, especially recession, was predicted as far back as 2013 by okonjo iweala and subtly analyzed by sanusi.

Both the immediate and remote causes of what we are going through are not unknown , but people choose to place everything on Buhari even though he's not completely innocent.

As per power, what do you want the government to do? Take it away from the private hands Jonathan left it? Or the intervention by federal government with over 700billion earmarked for that doesn't indicate an effort to you? Their hands are tied , like fashola said and they're doing what they can.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by eph123(f): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
Caseless:
the question should be , are they doing anything to save the situation? Yes, they're !

I hope you're not saying if Jonathan was here would have been better. Everything you see happening now, especially recession, was predicted as far back as 2013 by okonjo iweala and subtly analyzed by sanusi.

Both the immediate and remote causes of what we are going through are not unknown , but people choose to place everything on Buhari even though he's not completely innocent.

As per power, what do you want the government to do? Take it away from the private hands Jonathan left it? Or the intervention by federal government with over 700billion earmarked for that . They're hands are tied , like fashola said and they're doing what they can.

Let's not divert the attention to Jonathan, Buhari has been in power for 2 years and should rightfully be held accountable for the economic state this country is currently in, no more excuse is acceptable by simply blaming the past administration.

"They're doing what they can" is not acceptable either because they campaigned for change, they therefore must deliver what they promised.

Nigerians are extremely disappointed in this man's administration, practically every campaign promise is yet to be delivered meanwhile we are halfway gone. If things were the same as before, it's bad enough but the situation of things is actually far worse than it was 2 years ago.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by Caseless: 11:26am On Mar 28, 2017
eph123:

Let's not divert the attention to Jonathan, Buhari has been in power for 2 years and should rightfully be held accountable for the economic state this country is currently in, no more excuse is acceptable by simply blaming the past administration.

"They're doing what they can" is not acceptable either because they campaigned for change, they therefore must deliver what they promised.

Nigerians are extremely disappointed in this man's administration, practically every campaign promise is yet to be delivered meanwhile we are halfway gone. If things were the same as before, it's bad enough but the situation of things is actually far worse than it was 2 years ago.

http://us13.campaign-archive1.com/?u=75402ebf06c61b541b396b504&id=19ce3dd378
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by eph123(f): 11:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Caseless:

http://us13.campaign-archive1.com/?u=75402ebf06c61b541b396b504&id=19ce3dd378

It seems you are one of the online information dissemination team, well you know what? Let your coordinators know what people actually think of this government. The propaganda is NOT working. Online newsletters do not solve the problem on ground.

Been good chatting with you but I am done with this conversation. My interest is in the actual people on ground, not people benefiting from the government and thus unable to speak the truth.
Re: El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo by pauljumbo: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Days of memo letter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Ugwuanyi Begins Clearing Of Bushes Used As Criminal Hideouts (photo) / Katsina Government Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.