Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi (26837 Views)

Ekiti Government's Fuel Sold At Alade Filling Station As Fayose Supervises / Fayose Personally Supervises Distribution Of Food Items To Ekiti Residents. PICS / Beneficiary Of Presidential Amnesty Programme Becomes Air Peace Flight Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by macarson2k(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
lanrejoe10:
With this Wike pot belly,i wonder when he'll put to bed

He will put to bed the same day with you.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Frankbaro(m): 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
I'm thinking of all d people whose lives were terminated by this guns.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Chivasex: 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Just a quick questions: Why this show to the media? why cant this ammunition be turned over to the Nigeria Army that is in desperate need of it?
Well I think the wise thing to do is to turn these ammunition to the Nigerian armed forces that can make good use of them in fighting terrorism.

I rest my case
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by AlhajiSpray(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
The thing go dey pain wike! He would have preferred they dash him those guns so that he can use it to kill inec staff who reject his future bribes! Cultist bastard! grin
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
The calibre and number of weapons on show here is frightening! Can u imagine! Rivers of Guns and ammo
Do u knw how many guns are in Nigeria? how do fulani herdmen get there guns,bokoharam,Niger delta avengers, and other groups come u dai naija so?

1 Like

Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
Frankbaro:
I'm thinking of all d people whose lives were terminated by this guns.
Amnesty no make sense.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
wait o, dont tell me they are burning the firearms just like that. they ought to take it to a steel manufacturing plant and have all the guns and bullets melted and turned into steel pipes biko.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ikio:
Do u knw how many guns are in Nigeria? how do fulani herdmen gets there guns,bokoharam,Niger delta avengers, and other groups come u dai naija so?

I know bro. The problem isn't peculiar to River state alone. There's hardly anywhere in Nigeria without a large cache of illegal weapons. It's just the ease with which we have to come to terms with this abnormally is "frightening". It's like we're seating on a keg of gun powder so comfortably like it's common salt.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Chivasex: 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
chloride6:

No, they can't for several reasons.

1. Is it those rusted locally manufactured pistols grin grin grin grin that we will donate our gallant men?

2. it is common for every army to have officially designated firearms... Maximum maybe 2 or 3 firearms.... the Americans use the M-16, the Russians use an AK-47 variant i think, i think we use the AK too.

3. The destruction of those weapon is symbolic and it serves a purpose in it self...

I don't think you have the competency to make this judgement call.
the Nigeria armed forces are the ones that have the competence to make this call. The guns might be rusty but the bullets are not.
So Nigeria can benefit but handing these to the subject matter expert to decide the level of usefulness.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

I know bro. The problem isn't peculiar to River state alone. There's hardly anywhere in Nigeria without a large cache of illegal weapons. It's just the ease with which we have to come to terms with this abnormally is "frightening". It's like we're seating on a keg of gun powder so comfortably like it's common salt.
grin grin grin bro blame the DSS, other Nigerian agencies and the citizens too. I am still asking this in NAIJA it is legal for a civilian to have guns fulani herdmen and other ogas are wif guns why are Nigerians not asking the government how do they get their guns infact till today we don't knw who sponsors bokoharam and yet we have DSS,A president Others wat are they doing?
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by lanrejoe10: 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
macarson2k:

He will put to bed the same day with you.
Mr Woke Jr...i ain't pregnant but you oga,Wike i wish him quick and safe delivery Ode
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ikio:
grin grin grin bro blame the DSS, other Nigerian agencies and the citizens too. I am still asking this in NAIJA it is legal for a civilian to have guns fulani herdmen and other ogas are wif guns why are Nigerians not asking the government how do they get their guns infact till today we don't knw who sponsors bokoharam and yet we have DSS,A president Others wat are they doing?

You don't know the sponsors of Boko Haram?

grin grin grin

Well, at least officially we don't. Partly cos the sponsors are too powerful to be guilty.

I would prefer state policing so states can effectively combat this herdsmen menace before other Nigerians like me acquire our own guns and it becomes a free for all fight.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by chloride6: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Chivasex:

I don't think you have the competency to make this judgement call.
the Nigeria armed forces are the ones that have the competence to make this call. The guns might be rusty but the bullets are not.
So Nigeria can benefit but handing these to the subject matter expert to decide the level of usefulness.

What do you mean by competency?

It's like asking if I have the competency to say the national colours are white and green.

National armies have designated firearms simple as ABC. The armed forces trains their personnel to use their firearms and over tine they get used to it.

Go to the Wikipedia page of every firearm and check the official users.

Asking them to use those guns is like the Americans to use AK's . The Americans use their M-16's a matter of national policy. If they seize 1 billion Ak's they won't use them.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

You don't know the sponsors of Boko Haram?

grin grin grin

Well, at least officially we don't. Partly cos the sponsors are too powerful to be guilty.

I would prefer state policing so states can effectively combat this herdsmen menace before other Nigerians like me acquire our own guns and it becomes a free for all fight.
grin grin abi o.
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by clickwtB(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
zoba88:
Governor Wike and soldiers have embarked on the destruction of arms & ammunitions recovered during the 60days of disarmament event of Rivers state Amnesty Programme.The event ongoing

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/govenor-wike-supervises-destruction-of.html?m=1
Fake/make believe action possibly only providing 1%of the stockpile undecided kiss cry cool
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by tankomagajin: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
rottennaija:
I trust wike, he will give them more when election comes
beta for dem
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by macarson2k(m): 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
lanrejoe10:

Mr Woke Jr...i ain't pregnant but you oga,Wike
i wish him quick and safe delivery
Ode

You don't even know that you are pregnant!
Re: Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi by lanrejoe10: 11:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
macarson2k:

You don't even know that you are pregnant!
Maybe it's that your leprosy infested father that got Mr Wike pregnant......Who knows

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Children's Day (Photo) / Reno Omokri to Peter Obi: 'Use Someones Backyard And Avoid Oversized Venues' / Gbadebo Recounts How Gunshots Were Fired At His Campaign Train In Epe, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.